Ralf Rangnick | Austria manager

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. So you are saying that they don't train his way but in a different way and then he asks them to play in a completely different way during the match?
I'm saying the training probably just wasn't the most effective.

Fanta Stick

It’s one of the greatest puzzles for me to hear people keep saying how wonderful the first 30 mins against crystal palace we had played. We didn’t create many clear cut opportunities during that phase. It’s far from superb at all.
Didn't we create a PL record for the number of turnovers of possession in the first half of a game?

You are right about chance correction.

Ted Lasso

Looks like the Ralf **** is alive and well!
Sir Alex: "Get behind your manager."

Meanwhile on the cafe:
LVG ****.
Jose ****.
Ole ****.
Ralf ****.

The lack of success seems to be eating away at a lot of the fans to the point of making em more troll than supporter.

Do other club forums that get laughed off here have threads keeping close tab on former managers filled with inciting posts, condescending and schadenfreude?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Sir Alex: "Get behind your manager."

Meanwhile on the cafe:
LVG ****.
Jose ****.
Ole ****.
Ralf ****.

The lack of success seems to be eating away at a lot of the fans to the point of making em more troll than supporter.

Do other club forums that get laughed off here have threads keeping close tab on former managers filled with inciting posts, condescending and schadenfreude?
There's no lvg **** here now.

city-puma

Didn't we create a PL record for the number of turnovers of possession in the first half of a game?

You are right about chance correction.
If it’s really the record number in EPL, it means no other team has done it. Why? Isn’t it reasonable to say the intensity to achieve it can’t be maintained by any team? If goal is rare to score, what’s the point to reach that level of intensity for so long, to tire ourselves and let the opponents overrun us the rest of game? Well, it’s what actually happened but we were luck to score a goal lately.

Fanta Stick

If it’s really the record number in EPL, it means no other team has done it. Why? Isn’t it reasonable to say the intensity to achieve it can’t be maintained by any team? If goal is rare to score, what’s the point to reach that level of intensity for so long, to tire ourselves and let the opponents overrun us the rest of game? Well, it’s what actually happened but we were luck to score a goal lately.
I agree with you - just thinking on why fans look back so fondly to that first half. We hadn't seen that sort of intensity or hunger for such a long time (or since) so it was a bit of a pleasant jolt.

Hopefully we can look forward to a MUCH less passive team under ETH.

city-puma

I agree with you - just thinking on why fans look back so fondly to that first half. We hadn't seen that sort of intensity or hunger for such a long time (or since) so it was a bit of a pleasant jolt.

Hopefully we can look forward to a MUCH less passive team under ETH.
If ETH can’t get us play as a unit, a team, we probably are truly doomed. The only thing left to try next is to push the glazers to sell.
I am very optimistic that ETH can do it.

Caesar2290

If ETH can’t get us play as a unit, a team, we probably are truly doomed. The only thing left to try next is to push the glazers to sell.
I am very optimistic that ETH can do it.
He will, don't worry.

Ralf has gaslighted has this forum into thinking that we are in some kind of FIFA game were you need 12 new players to be competitive. He fooled a lot of people by telling them about the dirty laundry inside and validating a lot of the fans concerns without doing anything himself about it really.

Long Time Red

Wow, not a peep from the Rangnites? Wonder why that is?
The Austrian players have clearly downed tools just like the United players did.

Austria pressed and won the first game 3-0 but the players couldn't be bothered to put in the effort in the other games.

They won the first game because of Ralf and then lost 2 and drew 1 because of the players.

It couldn't possibly be due to Ralf, he's the godfather of gegenpressing FFS.

Stacks

Couldn't care less about Rangnick but considering the opponents the results are good. 1-1 vs France, 3-0 win vs Croatia and a loss against a very good Denmark.
very good Denmark since when?
The Austrian players have clearly downed tools just like the United players did.

Austria pressed and won the first game 3-0 but the players couldn't be bothered to put in the effort in the other games.

They won the first game because of Ralf and then lost 2 and drew 1 because of the players.

Thought they'd won the world cup. When is the parade?

Vapor trail

:lol:

On a serious note how anyone can back Ragnick as a manager is beyond understanding, he's easily the worst manager United have had firmly behind Moyes and Ole.

I do however hold Ragnick in high esteem concerning being a DOF or in and around that role those are clearly his strengths. He's got abit of Biesla about him all hype and no substance at first team level for a competitive team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What do people expect from the mighty Austria? to win all games? :lol:

Denis79

very good Denmark since when?

Thought they'd won the world cup. When is the parade?
Denmark have been fantastic lately, easily the best Nordic country and semi-finalists in the Euros.

phelans shorts

Ralf's time at Utd has been a complete waste of time. If he helped choosing ETH then the Dutchman kinda backstabbed him
Why would Ralf have been involved in choosing Ten Hag? Why would anybody at the club listen a single thing Ralf said to them from February on when it was clear how useless he was?
Part of the three step Dutch take over of United.

1. Ten Hag
2. Van Der Sar
3. Overmars.
and you can feck off even joking about that

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why would Ralf have been involved in choosing Ten Hag? Why would anybody at the club listen a single thing Ralf said to them from February on when it was clear how useless he was?

and you can feck off even joking about that
I mean to say I thought ETH was touted to be the main manager from even earlier than February and that maybe Ralf played a role in that

stevoc

Ralf's time at Utd has been a complete waste of time. If he helped choosing ETH then the Dutchman kinda backstabbed him
Not for Ralf it wasn't. He made a few quid, had a nice extended holiday in England, got to experience what it's like to manage a big club, boosted his profile with his weekly shows and gained a small but hardcore following who worship the man.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ten Hag and Rangnick stand for quite different brands of football, too. They have in common that both play organized football with pressing being the backbone of their systems but that aside their are many differences. More so than between Klopp and Pep for example. Rangnick was a pioneer in Germany but in contrast to Klopp or Tuchel - who adapted many elements from possession football - he didn't really improve his system beyond that stage. It is still highly reliant on pressing and transition, less so on position and possession play. So IMO, Ten Hag's system is much better suited to a top club.

Either way I believe that many in here see Rangnick's stint too negatively, though. Replacing Solskjaer with Rangnick is actually quite a statement. It signals that you move away from old school improvised football and reliance on individual quality. Can't imagine it didn't help to expose the problems of the current squad and which players have problems to a) commit to an exhausting pressing system and b) give up freedom on the pitch to follow tactical instructions that improve the team performance.

Conor

I don't care how good a manager Ten Hag is, and how badly Rangnick's tenure ended; if he refused to meet him and take on the information Rangnick had, he is not very smart.

stevoc

Ten Hag and Rangnick stand for quite different brands of football, too. They have in common that both play organized football with pressing being the backbone of their systems but that aside their are many differences. More so than between Klopp and Pep for example. Rangnick was a pioneer in Germany but in contrast to Klopp or Tuchel - who adapted many elements from possession football - he didn't really improve his system beyond that stage. It is still highly reliant on pressing and transition, less so on position and possession play. So IMO, Ten Hag's system is much better suited to a top club.

Either way I believe that many in here see Rangnick's stint too negatively, though. Replacing Solskjaer with Rangnick is actually quite a statement. It signals that you move away from old school improvised football and reliance on individual quality. Can't imagine it didn't help to expose the problems of the current squad and which players have problems to a) commit to an exhausting pressing system and b) give up freedom on the pitch to follow tactical instructions that improve the team performance.
Yeah but the problem was under Rangnick we didn't move to anything. It was 6 months of some of the most insipid, directionless football you will ever see at a top club.