Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It might be press guff, but if it’s true it just goes further to illustrate just how pampered this squad is. For a side that’s won nothing in the past 5 years especially.

mctrials23

The opposition has been appalling though. Not blaming Ragnick at all, I agree with the general sentiment that our players are a bunch of useless, over paid, whiners. But the fact is that we’ve barely improved. If we were to play Liverpool tomorrow it would not be pretty. (Maybe 3-0 instead of 5, at home).
We've improved a lot IMO but thats a pointless table. I think we could be in 6th place in that table once the other teams have actually played the same number of games as us and we have played the dregs of the league. That being said, we should have won a few more games if our players weren't missing sitters and VAR wasn't being entirely useless.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It might be press guff, but if it’s true it just goes further to illustrate just how pampered this squad is. For a side that’s won nothing in the past 5 years especially.
If it is guff then ban the paper involved. If it isn't it gives the player one less outlet for his moaning.

Anustart89

It's quite obvious that if Luke Shaw was coached in a more modern way he would realise that he needs to step up if he's looking across the defensive line and sees that he's playing someone onside.
It's quite obvious that if Maguire was coached in a more modern way he would turn quicker and stop stepping up to defend aggressively despite having feck all pace to recover from his customary mistake
It's quite obvious that if Bruno was coached in a more modern way he would not hit the post from an open goal.

Can't wait to see the back of some of these moaning bastards. I'd love for the disgruntled players to start briefing journalists about the board members and why they're horrible, maybe then they'll stop hoarding them and actually send the likes of Lingard and Henderson on their way?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Even media guys have had enough of these lot.

Eleven-Eighteen

Ralf's changed the structure and organization of the team. What else do you need a coach to do. This BS needs to stop

JoaquinJoaquin

Fully backing Ralf and hoping that the next manager is ten Hag, anything but and this trend with these players will continue.

The only player I see in a positive light anymore is de Gea because of his loyalty towards the club (don't care how much he's being paid), the rest can get fecked.
This.

DomesticTadpole

It's quite obvious that if Luke Shaw was coached in a more modern way he would realise that he needs to step up if he's looking across the defensive line and sees that he's playing someone onside.
It's quite obvious that if Maguire was coached in a more modern way he would turn quicker and stop stepping up to defend aggressively despite having feck all pace to recover from his customary mistake
It's quite obvious that if Bruno was coached in a more modern way he would not hit the post from an open goal.

Can't wait to see the back of some of these moaning bastards. I'd love for the disgruntled players to start briefing journalists about the board members and why they're horrible, maybe then they'll stop hoarding them and actually send the likes of Lingard and Henderson on their way?
I am going this way. You watch ones outside OT fawning over them. You know something, a lot in that crowd are better people than some of you, they work hard for a fraction of what you get and always try to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. There are players who do not deserve to be in a selfie with them.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The sad thing is that the players are not exactly wrong here - 11v11 is not the most efficient way of training to keep the inividuals fit and sharp.

However it makes a lot of sense to do 11v11 to coach cohesive tactics into the players and create mutual understanding how each player acts in certain situations. If they do not realise that they desperately need that (and are actually improving at the moment), than I am really worried about them.

I hope it's just some idiot and not the majority of the squad.

DomesticTadpole

The sad thing is that the players are not exactly wrong here - 11v11 is not the most efficient way of training to keep the inividuals fit and sharp.

However it makes a lot of sense to do 11v11 to coach cohesive tactics into the players and create mutual understanding how each player acts in certain situations. If they do not realise that they desperately need that (and are actually improving at the moment), than I am really worried about them.

It is quite often a minority.

Even media guys have had enough of these lot.
If our players don't like the methods, that says to me they're probably good methods. Our players haven't got a clue what a winning team looks like and have had a free ride for far too long. You could bet your house on which players it is saying all this and it wont be the likes of Ronaldo or Varane.

The Lingard for Scott sub and playing with Pogba as a one man midfield for 10 minutes has done it for me.
I didn't like those subs but in general it's quite obvious he has tightened things up in the team, we are controlling games much better and we have some semblance of a plan after Ole's 'give it to Bruno and hope'. I don't think we are fit enough to keep it up for 90 minutes but we have looked very good for the first 60 of the last few games.

He's also not here long term. He's starting a vision but it will be somebody else implementing it, with his support. I don't expect him to be brilliant in his time as manager, just to get the basics right, and he is doing that.

Anustart89

Maybe they should realise that staying sharp and running around like headless chickens on the pitch might be considered less important right now than playing coherent football with a plan. The former is kind of what brought us to where we are today.

::sonny::

Now we have the full portrait

They are only interested in soft training and easy life

One of the biggest group of losers in United history

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Henderson and Lingard is my pick.

It is definitely one of the British player. Could also Shaw. Rashford PR team has already thrown Ole under the bus so even he isn’t completely clean.

This lot is the worst squad i could remember at United. Very few are likeable characters in this squad.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think rangnick should be applauded for this. Our players are thick as moist turd.

Clearly our players were not earlier coached in a system or taught patterns of play. Scandalous!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Football really is a fickle business. Wasn't so long ago that fans loved our squad and players. Now they're unlikeable. It's just been a complete disaster of a season and it's brought up all the shite and negativity again. Sigh.

JB7

The only player I see in a positive light anymore is de Gea because of his loyalty towards the club (don't care how much he's being paid), the rest can get fecked.
He's no more loyal than anyone else for goodness sake, he wanted to go to Madrid and was a fax away from doing so. He then signed a new contract which despite quadrupling his wages, still contained a release clause allowing him to go to Madrid until they moved on and only then did he fully commit to us by which point it was apparent that no other top club in the world would take him and at a ridiculously inflated wage as well.

CloneMC16

I think rangnick should be applauded for this. Our players are thick as moist turd.

Clearly our players were not earlier coached in a system or taught patterns of play. Scandalous!

These players are fecking idiots if they're complaining about that. This is exactly the type of training they need. They've been horrible as a team for a long time. Only very recently have they started to show improved performances. It's probably only a few of them, though. I doubt the whole squad is complaining.

stevoc

I wonder if these leaks conveniently stop the minute Lingard and Henderson are no longer here.
There will always be leaks to some extent but yeah I suspect the daily updates will stop when Jesse finally leaves in June. Fingers crossed.

stevoc

Football really is a fickle business. Wasn't so long ago that fans loved our squad and players. Now they're unlikeable. It's just been a complete disaster of a season and it's brought up all the shite and negativity again. Sigh.
Yeah I remember that being the general feeling on here last season and towards the end of the season before that. But 18 months is a long time in football I suppose.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What would be funny about it?
Considering his reputation is built on being a innovative thinker of the sport, then yes it would be abit funny if he's got us going through methods that wouldn't look out of of place from the 90's.

saivet

Would be funny if the training methods were actually outdated though.
They may well be but it's not a good look to leak this to the press. It seems like these leaks are from one of or a few of the players who want to leave and aren't getting much playing time, so we shouldn't read too much into them anyway.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They may well be but it's not a good look to leak this to the press. It seems like these leaks are from one of or a few of the players who want to leave and aren't getting much playing time, so we shouldn't read too much into them anyway.
Oh, you're right.

This season/campaign is such a disaster though, we'll be moaning about another leak next week.
Like, Ralf doesn't like BTS.. or something.

pascell

He's no more loyal than anyone else for goodness sake, he wanted to go to Madrid and was a fax away from doing so. He then signed a new contract which despite quadrupling his wages, still contained a release clause allowing him to go to Madrid until they moved on and only then did he fully commit to us by which point it was apparent that no other top club in the world would take him and at a ridiculously inflated wage as well.
A lot of hearsay and not much factual information behind your claims. Did he submit a transfer request? Wanting to go to Real Madrid and forcing a move to go to Real Madrid are two different things. Like I said, not bothered how much he's paid at all. When he was dropped for Henderson, did he cry to the press and start talking shit about the manager like some of the cry babies in the team this season? Nope, went to training and fought for his place instead. Couldn't careless about clauses to go to Real Madrid, it's how they perform for Man United that counts and he's saved our ass this season, multiple times including the other night and hasn't cried off once. He also didn't have to accept the contract offers put infront of him, he could've run down his contract but he didn't.

NYAS

They were likeable when they weren’t expected to win trophies and the pressure was off. Now it’s time to rumble we’ve seen what they’re made of.

JB7

A lot of hearsay and not much factual information behind your claims. Did he submit a transfer request? Wanting to go to Real Madrid and forcing a move to go to Real Madrid are two different things. Like I said, not bothered how much he's paid at all. When he was dropped for Henderson, did he cry to the press and start talking shit about the manager like some of the cry babies in the team this season? Nope, went to training and fought for his place instead. Couldn't careless about clauses to go to Real Madrid, it's how they perform for Man United that counts and he's saved our ass this season, multiple times including the other night and hasn't cried off once. He also didn't have to accept the contract offers put infront of him, he could've run down his contract but he didn't.
The other night, surely you're not serious? He was pathetic for the goal & then made a save from a long distance shot that you'd expect any PL keeper to make. There is the bizarre narrative around him at the moment where every time he makes a save it's supposedly outstanding when in reality - like most goalkeepers by the way - 95% of his saves are regulation stops. I'm all for bigging up the outstanding saves he does make but he certainly didn't make any at Burnley.

And no, you're right he didn't have to accept the contracts put in front of him but equally, who in their right mind turns down two contracts to make you the highest paid player in your position in the world? Particularly given the second time we did so, it was evident that no other top club in the world had any need for a goalkeeper & as such was not going to pay him even close to half what we offered him?

I'm with you on not caring what the players earn but lets not pretend De Gea is any more loyal than any other player at the club. He wanted out, he didn't get out, he signed a deal with a release clause inserted, that club went another direction so he signed a contract without a release clause but with a much, much, much higher salary. It's what most of us would probably do in his situation.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
More nonsense made up articles. Like clockwork after every dropped point.

Status
Not open for further replies.