Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseunited

If everything Ralph says is true then none of theses players are fit to wear the shirt, none of them.
Cheating feckers,the lot of them.

tombombadil

I feel sorry for Rangick. Seems his time here has been cursed from the get go. Never got his first choice back room due to work permit issues. Cleared some attackers out hoping to build around Greenwood/Ronaldo/Rashford and that didn't pan out. So many injuries piling up especially on the last game which was a big game that went horribly. Nothing is going according to plan. And a lot of it outside his control. I just hope he can endure this horrible time and be of good help to ETH when he comes in.

There will be yet another rebuilding and clear out. And no Champion's League football again next season. These are truly dark times indeed. I hope they can clear out the viruses, finally, and rebuild the team successfully.

pascell

He's definitely angling for the job I think with this quote.

I've said it quite a few times here and I still stick by it, ten Hag will only be successful if he has Rangnick in a permanent role to work with.

Their philosophies of a football club and team are in tandem, plus, Rangnick has successfully built a team up and knows all the inner works of a modern era football club. If we fail to lean on Rangnicks experience for the full duration of ten Hags original contract, we won't move in the direction we'd have hoped for. Plus, it gives Murtough and whoever the deputy DoF ends up being, time to learn from Rangnick also.

We can't get more of a home run in terms of progressing the football club, making it successful again and bringing it into the modern era, than we will now.

Acquire Me

This is complete rubbish. What do you know about his motivational techniques or otherwise? All we know is that he was given a thankless and impossible task. Tell the truth to Overpaid prima donnas, rooting out the issues in the squad...all while trying to implement a basic style of play and securing 4th place with no backing in January and no long term power guarantee to ensure the players took him seriously.

anyone who looks at RR, listens to his really in incisive thinking on the game and still says the players aren’t the problem is on crack.

He could have gotten better results massaging egos. But we would be much further away from the purge we need in order to get back on track.

Ralf is the best thing to happen to the club full stop in a long time. His pain on the side line says it all. These guys are jokers - it’s the emperors new clothes in that fuking dressing room and Ralf is just calling it like it is.
Exactly. Ralf is actually doing EtH a huge service. The players are a disgrace and they have been getting away with it for so long.

I genuinely fear for the future of our club if we don’t do a massive rebuild. It’s obviously the players, but it’s also the structure of the club top to bottom.

I want to see Ralf in a important role so that he can help out with all the changes that need to be done.

I am very excited with Erik, but he will need help to do this technical and cultural structure.

Highfather_24

Hot take but SAF knew the success he had was not sustainable once he was gone. He is not stupid. To this day, he knows exactly whats going wrong in this club, and he chooses not to act on that knowledge. I will not speculate what are his reasons, perhaps they are noble.

But if SAF had modernised the club before he left, by appointing a DOF, then Rangnick would have been one of the best choices.

If Rangnick was at the club from 2013, we would have gotten Klopp in 2015, that's for sure. The club would have been in a different place right now. I really hope we keep Rangnick around, and hopefully get in people like Paul Mitchell. People with proven CVs across different clubs.

Macca7

Finally someone saying it as it is. The club need to give Ralf a major role. None of this consultancy bullshit. He will turn this club around if they listen to him and take his advice. Top man Ralf!

United492

I think the appointment of Ralf as interim manager was inspired. While the results haven't been great, they've been needed really, and with someone of Ralfs experience and candour, the eyes of the board are now being opened in a way that a manager in the role permanently wouldn't have done, for fear of losing their job. Ralf is now doing this perfectly and isn't really leaving the players anywhere to hide.

I really hope he stays. Anyone calling him toxic is wide of the mark, it's clear that the club has been bloated and constipated for years, Ralf is the laxative to that constipation, highlighting and moving on the toxic crap while the club shits itself as it realises the money it will need to spend to correct the awful outlays in previous windows.

saivet

I guess he’s also taking into account the fact that cash has never been the barrier for United - but rather who that cash has been entrusted to. So put the right people in the right roles and the club can make genuine headway.
Exactly! While you can argue we should have spent more money, we've spent a lot of money on shite, handing out massive contracts and we've not been proactive enough with sales. I think for him his concern is at an even greater level at the boardroom than playing squad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s been absolutely tearing into the club the last few days and I’ve loved it. Some hard truths needed telling and he needs to stick around or they’ll likely revert back to thinking we’re entitled to win all the time again.

el3mel

This guy really doesn't hold back. You can tell he really hates our players.

The Urban Goose

From what I've seen, I like Ralf a lot and am very excited about ETH; no-nonsense coaches who have a clear vision and won't accept anything less than players giving it their all.

I agree with the poster above who said RR's interim period is the best thing that could've happened. Ok, results haven't been great, but he's been doing something much more important for this period - putting the players under different pressures to see how they react and respond. E.g. yes, attacking Liverpool was not the best tactic to get a result, but RR (and by proxy ETH) will have learned a lot more useful information for the future by doing that rather than sitting back and parking the bus, even if it led to a battering.

Maybe the board also need to see that battering to wake up to the realities.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Always rated him for his no nonsense approach as a guide for the club. Not as manager. I hope he will be given a permanent role than just a consultancy one.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He goes on to say that they don't do the basics right. Running should not be down to pre-season.
I doubt most of the players are even tired after 90 minutes.
Two things running is down to pre-season, athletes conditioning is prepared over almost a year, you do not change the rhythm on a wim unless you want to create injuries and extreme fatigue during the season. Secondly the basic that is talking about are likely about technique and positioning, if you watch even highlights of our training sessions, it's tragic.

SeanyC

Based off his interview I fear he won’t be going upstairs which to me is another shot to the foot by the united, board. We need football people all over that club and he’s one of them. He builds from within, his knowledge of the game is in bucket loads.

AndySmith1990

I love his honest no-nonsense approach, and the way he delivers his critical assessment of the club and players in a fair and professional way; he's not a self serving knob like Jose. It's exactly what this club needs, a real honest look in the mirror and some home truths.

Between him and Ten Hag I hope these players are left under no doubt that things are changing and player power undermining the management will not be tolerated. If you want to put in half arsed performances, or run to the media or twitter to moan about not getting game time, you can feck off to another club. No exceptions.

AndySmith1990

Can't help but feel we should be replacing Fletcher with Rangnick. My gut feeling is that Rangnick and Ten Hag working together would be perfect.

JPRouve

Scout
Can't help but feel we should be replacing Fletcher with Rangnick. My gut feeling is that Rangnick and Ten Hag working together would be perfect.
Why would you replace Fletcher with Rangnick when we are currently supposed to have both of them next season?

tomaldinho1

I just don’t get why Fletcher isn’t made a coach if we rate him long term - he shouldn’t be doing this jack of all trades job which seems to be coaching, player recommendations, manager interviews and being active/vocal in the dugout.

Ragnick should just be made Sporting Director and a new role created for him above Murtough. Let him oversee that side of things and then train these guys, like Fletcher, up.

SER19

Could well be the man who rescues this club regardless of his spell as manager. He detests many of our players it seems, hates the culture and is cool and dispassionate enough to not unnecessarily complicate why restructure

Marwood

Ralf has a brilliant ability to be direct without being an ass. Wish I had that.

Really like that he makes it clear the biggest thing needed is new players. Football is about players, not tactics.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Just read the full transcripts of his interview: wow! Just wow. someone finally not saying "we'll regroup and go again", followed by doing neither!

If he's talked to the board like this, and they listen, we might actually get somewhere. It's interesting that he calls ETH the "best available" which is how it feels to me

https://www.skysports.com/football/...d-consultancy-role-after-erik-ten-hag-arrival
Thanks for posting, absolutely love that interview! I sincerely hope the club keeps him on and he and ETH can work together!

JPRouve

Scout
Could well be the man who rescues this club regardless of his spell as manager. He detests many of our players it seems, hates the culture and is cool and dispassionate enough to not unnecessarily complicate why restructure
What makes you think that?

MrSingh2002

Ralfs being disrespected by the club.

He's exactly what we need upstairs at the club but he's exactly what the Glazers don't want. Someone that's going to force them to change the squad.

They just want another plaster and not surgery. We do need open heart surgery.

If Rangnick and Ten Hag aren't even talking yet then you know the clubs bluffing and won't make wholesale changes. They're going to keep the same shit bastards like Shaw, Rashford and Martial (the manager killers).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Great interview. Even though results on the pitch have been gash he’s never not impressive with what he says. And it’s always spot on.

No idea how anyone would perceive that as “throwing the players under the bus” though. His broadside is obviously aimed at the people running the club.

stw2022

He needs to name names but given he’s probably going to be working here next season can’t.

SER19

What makes you think that?
Many of his recent press conferences and interviews I see a man increasingly trying to show restraint while criticising players physicality and grasp of the basics and he has made no effort at all to excuse or justify things on their behalf. I see a man who is mind boggled by how united have got to here. I think he will gladly oversee a clear out and bring his players with the 'right energy' as he says himself

lilcurt

I just hope his brutal honesty doesn’t cost him his new role
That is my worry, his level of honesty smacks as someone who knows he is on the way out so has no boundaries, I hope I'm wrong but this is such a vibes club I can't think of anyone being allowed to go off script.

Polar

It’s important Rangnick continue as an advisor for United and advocate for drastic changes. It’s critical for ETH to have a person like Rangnick in position to support him.

I think Rangnick and ETH can be a deadly combo who brings United back in the good company. Hopefully we’re back on track in 23/24. We’ll have many players in/out and we probably need next season consolidate a new team.

The most important Rangnick does right now is to be loud and clear about the situation and the need for revolutionary changes. I don’t think a permanent manager can be vocal the same way.

Joseunited

This is why he was brought into the club, it's now up to those who are in control to listen and act on his suggestions, getting Ten Hag in points to them listening.

EtH

Love this guy and really hope he is an integral part of our setup in the next few seasons.

C3Pique

People give Murtough a lot of stick but I think he's on the right path to cleaning up Woodward's legacy of mismanagement. If he can implement the changes that Rangnick feels are necessary based on his experience on the ground, it's not like the club lacks the money or has ever been shy in spending.

It reminds me of that 'Undercover Boss' show where company directors would spend a week on the shop floor - it always opened their eyes to the reality of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.