Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volksie316

Ralf was never going to have the role here, what people wanted.

Him leaving, would really have no impact on us whatsoever, as his job would have been very minimal anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wonder if we will move fot Mitchell more now. Makes sense why Ralf pushed for him. They work well together and the consultancy can remain effective if his direct line is to well established relations like Murtough and Mitchell.

Matt851

We brought him in for a consultancy role, his role as a interim manager has been subpar and potentially cost us the top 4, that would have been mitigated had he had stayed and help us get a modern system in place.
But now he's just buggering off without even having started his job.
From what I have read the consultancy element was tagged on at ralfs request after we approached him to be interim.

The idea that the consultancy is the purpose of his time at the club appears to have become popular with fans desperate to convince themselves we have a logical plan

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We brought him in for a consultancy role, his role as a interim manager has been subpar and potentially cost us the top 4, that would have been mitigated had he had stayed and help us get a modern system in place.
But now he's just buggering off without even having started his job.
He’s staying in his role - what he has witnessed and his opinions will still be beneficial to us

Delano

I think it's been clear for a while now he will be a consultant, not a permanent hire so this won't change much.

Honestly, i'd prefer it if he was Techical Director, but based on the chat we've seen on Ashworth and Mitchell recently, those jobs; or roles like it, are not forthcoming with Fletcher and Murtough about.

pascell

Feck, was hoping he'd get more of a prominent role than the mere 6 days a month gig he's signed up for.

He's basically going to be unavailable during the summers that Austria qualify for a WC or Euros.

We should've taken his role post summer a lot more seriously.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The consultancy role isn't a daily one. And if Man Utd bring in both Ten Hag and Mitchell on Ralf's recommendations then he's brought the club forward further than anyone else in the past decade. He can easily juggle international management with a consultancy role. All the power to him.

pascell

Feck, was hoping he'd get more of a prominent role than the mere 6 days a month gig he's signed up for.

He's basically going to be unavailable during the summers that Austria qualify for a WC or Euros.

We should've taken his role post summer a lot more seriously.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was hoping he’d be our full time DOF but with the wishy washy title we gave him, and the fact we have about 4 other guys doing the same thing, it was a bit optimistic.

Long Time Red

Wow, really surprised Ralf, the mercurial tactical mastermind that he is couldn't get a better job than the Austrian national job.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Neither the Austrian job nor a consultancy role with us are necessarily full time jobs, could easily do both

Austria Utd

As an Austrian I am more than happy that he will be appointed as our National manager after years of boring football. I have also no doubts that he will have the two roles at Austria and the consultancy role at United because our FA would not be able to finance his wage demands, if he only would take the National coach role.

AndySmith1990

If his spell here helped land us Ten Hag and helps us get Paul Mitchell then he'll have done more to help this club than any manager we've had since Ferguson.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

They have a couple of interesting and available players. Laimer, Kalajdzic, Schlager, Baumgartlinger, Grillitsch, Sabitzer.

They all play in the Bundesliga
Of those named I'm only familiar with Laimer and Sabitzer as they play for Leipzig. But Laimer seems more of a player that fits both need and age profile for us. Hope our scouts are well briefed on him due to Ralf and we get this one over the line before taking up all our time on other hard to get targets.

GuyfromAustria

How often do you think this is going to happen? :D

They have a couple of interesting and available players. Laimer, Kalajdzic, Schlager, Baumgartlinger, Grillitsch, Sabitzer.
Baumgartlinger is 34 and way past his best, unless you mean Baumgartner, who isn't that interesting.

Of those named I'm only familiar with Laimer and Sabitzer as they play for Leipzig.
Well, Sabitzer plays for Bayern, but I can understand if no one is aware of this.

El Jefe

Look how open we look in midfield and defence and people think we can't blame this fraud for how bad we've been under him.

Loon

:lol:
The consultancy job is all is needed. It's ten Hag's club. He actually wants to help the club and in that capacity he could be extremely effective.

luke511

No variance in his team selections and subs throughout his tenancy has been loads of fun.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Let's not kid ourselves, this consultancy role is BS. What kind of value will this guys consultancy have when nobody is even in need of it, and he won't he here for long?

Pure Bs.

AndySmith1990

Let's not kid ourselves, this consultancy role is BS. What kind of value will this guys consultancy have when nobody is even in need of it, and he won't he here for long?

Pure Bs.
He has experience of running a successful club. I'd say we're desperately in need of such experience at this club

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Pure Bs.
Yes, things are going great.

Abraxas

I struggle to reconcile being in 6 days a month with how crucial he is supposed to be. That really doesn't tally. It seems at best he is going to offer a voice, but the idea he's going to be fundamental to our restructure seems in question.

Clearly Murtough, ETH, and Arnold will be chiefly engaged with turning this ship around and Ralf is going to be consulted on particular projects and ideas, rather than a driving force.

Long Time Red

Look how open we look in midfield and defence and people think we can't blame this fraud for how bad we've been under him.
I'm pretty sure Ten Hag is pissing himself laughing at this absolute farcical tactical setup.

Rangnick is making Tim Sherwood look like Guardiola.

mu4c_20le

He has experience of running a successful club. I'd say we're desperately in need of such experience at this club
I think what he means is will the club take him seriously, how much influence will he have. Personally I was surprised about the Austria news and now I think we need Mitchell even more.

AndySmith1990

I struggle to reconcile being in 6 days a month with how crucial he is supposed to be. That really doesn't tally. It seems at best he is going to offer a voice, but the idea he's going to be fundamental to out restructure seems in question.

Clearly Murtough, ETH, and Arnold will be chiefly engaged with turning this ship around.
All we need is another experienced person with some sense and knowledge of football to provide some advice to our inept board. It really doesn't need to be a full time job with a desk, 6 days a month is fine. I don't understand why people have a problem with it when we've so obviously been in need for more footballing people at this club for years?

Loon

:lol:
I struggle to reconcile being in 6 days a month with how crucial he is supposed to be. That really doesn't tally. It seems at best he is going to offer a voice, but the idea he's going to be fundamental to out restructure seems in question.

Clearly Murtough, ETH, and Arnold will be chiefly engaged with turning this ship around.
It was only ever described as a consultancy role. That wouldn't suggest it's crucial, but could indicate valuable input. If he is part of the formation of a future plan for United, it doesn't mean he has to be around 24/7 to see it develop.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

The issue was people thinking he would have a central role when the term "consultancy" implies the opposite.

It was always going to be our actual DOF, manager, etc. who were in charge. Yet we had people talking like Rangnick was going to suddenly do our DOF's job for him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I struggle to reconcile being in 6 days a month with how crucial he is supposed to be. That really doesn't tally. It seems at best he is going to offer a voice, but the idea he's going to be fundamental to our restructure seems in question.

Clearly Murtough, ETH, and Arnold will be chiefly engaged with turning this ship around and Ralf is going to be consulted on particular projects and ideas, rather than a driving force.
The notion that Rangnick was somehow going to have this strong, influential role in reshaping and restructuring your club and its 'culture' was always only a fan fantasy, one that was never supported but in fact contradicted by any actual facts or evidence.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean what is he doing? Show some fecking emotion. You've got Tuchel going mental at Havertz for not scoring and then you've got Ralf standing there with not a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.