Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt851

People understand the point. It's just not real. It's fake. It was always a figment of your imagination.

Rangnick was never hired to be a DOF or anything similar. That was never the plan. Ever. He has never had or been slated to have the responsibility to do any kind of overhaul. Ever. That has been abundantly clear by his public statements, by the things United has told the press, and now by the fact that he is apparently considering taking a completely different job.
Exactly, I am consistently amazed by the ability of some of our fans to delude themselves into thinking the club is making logical decisions

Rangnick was hired as an interim, while offering advice as consultant for two years after. Unfortunately he has done a poor job

As for the people suggested getting top 4 would be harmful because we wouldn't have a big clear out. That's mental, we would sign the same number of players but would be able to attract better quality players

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I really worry about some of the people on here. Some of you probably throw away your laptop or phone when one app crashes.

Bunch of knee-jerkers.

BarstoolProphet

Horrendous. He's getting off really lightly in the press for how bad it has been.
That's because it's hard to judge him. I mean, the way he has being going about things you could even be forgiven for thinking that he was hired to put focus on the massive amount of issues we have in our squad rather than trying to steady the ship short-term. Like a business controller trying to identify problems behind a mess. He alienated himself with the squad from pretty much the get go. He wasn't given any backup in January solely because he is interim.

Still have huge hope/belief that hiring him will pay out in the long run. We were going nowhere with an overpaid squad before he came in.

Robbie Boy

We were going nowhere with an overpaid squad before he came in.
Yup, spot the feck on.

Things are finally looking up as we're getting one of the most exciting managers in Europe at the end of the season. Those frothing at the mouth at the mere sight of Ralf need to cool their jets; the bloke has like 4 games left as manager.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Jees calm down. Just because he can’t do it as a manager, doesn’t mean he can’t be of great value to United in the consultancy role. Too much over reaction on here. He’s a smart guy and he’s proven it at other clubs. He hasn’t proven it as a manager but that’s not the long term goal of him being here. He is an interim manager.
I think he's getting a bad rap to be honest.

Yes, his title is "interim manager" but I don't truly believe the Board's expectations were that he will improve the team immeasurably. If he got us into the top four then that would be a bonus but after OGS we effectively realised that our main candidates for the job weren't available until Summer 2022.

I think there's an argument that OGS could have stayed if all we ended up doing was employing Rangnick during a written off season to just try and understand what our feckin issues were.

Mourinho failed with this lot
OGS failed
Rangnick can't get a tune out of them.

BarstoolProphet

Yup, spot the feck on.

Things are finally looking up as we're getting one of the most exciting managers in Europe at the end of the season. Those frothing at the mouth at the mere sight of Ralf need to cool their jets; the bloke has like 4 games left as manager.
It's the way I see it as well. He would obviously get rinsed if he was the permanent manager but he's not and that was made clear from day 1.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yup, spot the feck on.

You'll find very few (if any) on here more critical of the squad than I've been for the last few years. Spotted it long before everyone jumped on the bandwagon. It doesn't mean Ralf's performance should just be ignored though.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It kinda tells me he’s been brought in to gut this squad of anybody and everybody who isn’t up to the standard and they’ve been told in similar words or less.

Nothing else could justify the shit house performances from so many players for more half a year.

Robbie Boy

It's the way I see it as well. He would obviously get rinsed if he was the permanent manager but he's not and that was made clear from day 1.
Exactly, he's not done a good job but so what? Things were against him from the get-go. It would have been good to get top four, but reality is; there's no way we were doing anything meaningful in next season's CL.

I would be pretty pissed if he were taking the reigns permanently, but he's not, and people need to chill out. The club looks as though it's finally heading in the right direction, and for the first time in years, I'm actually positive about what we can achieve. The hate for Ralf is hilarious tbh.

Robbie Boy

You'll find very few (if any) on here more critical of the squad than I've been for the last few years. Spotted it long before everyone jumped on the bandwagon. It doesn't mean Ralf's performance should just be ignored though.
Who cares? He has 4 games left.

Robbie Boy

United fans care. Results still matter. Why do you care that people care?
If you want to get your knickers in a twist about someome who will be leaving in 4 games, be my guest son :lol:

Personally, I'll look towards what looks a bright future.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, his title is "interim manager" but I don't truly believe the Board's expectations were that he will improve the team immeasurably.
He said he wanted to get United into the top four. He said the board contacted him because United were leaking goals and he needed to fix that. Sky reported recently that the details of his consultancy had been put on the back burner so that he could "focus on salvaging the season." Why don't you believe the board thought he'd improve the team?

Robbie Boy

Well personally I don't want to end up in the Europa Conference for one, which is where we're heading at this rate.
Meh, if we do we do. Season has been a disaster and it's just comically bad, in all honesty. Some pretty illustrious names left in the competition btw; Roma and Marseille.

New beginnings beckon so chin up.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Unfortunately many are too thick to get this simple point.
I'm amazed at how many people are blinded by this guy just because of his consultancy role which hasn't even started yet, ffs. Now that IS being really thick!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People talk like his few days a month 'consultancy' is going to be absolutely vital for us in the future. If the club was truly invested in what he thinks they would give him a full time role with a proper title.

Clubs throughout the PL will no doubt have similar 'consultants' you just don't hear anything about.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
People talk like his few days a month 'consultancy' is going to be absolutely vital for us in the future. If the club was truly invested in what he thinks they would give him a full time role with a proper title.

Clubs throughout the PL will no doubt have similar 'consultants' you just don't hear anything about.
Crazy part is that these muppets believe he is going ‘upstairs’. Guy will be working a day per week remotely, while being the permanent manager of a national team. He will be a consultant. There is nothing ‘upstairs’ about that.

Chris-Red

Let’s try an analogy. You sack your race car driver because he’s crap. There is a great mechanic who’s proven one of the best in rebuilding cars and has done this at a few teams. Your car desperately needs to be rebuilt. You can’t get a new driver until the end of the season. You hire this guy to come in to drive, try and get you winning points but to take the car out and find out what’s going wrong with it and what needs to be fixed. Someone who can work with the new driver when he comes. Problem is, he’s not a great driver. Do you really just give him the boot because he’s not the best at what you dont actually want him for?

Those sayin united hired him as interim first and foremost and consultancy wast the one of the main factors are wrong in my opinion. United need a rebuild, he’s known for this, they obviously had this in mind. The consultancy can be very valuable, he doesn’t have to be at the club everyday to help make a difference.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Got a feeling this move upstairs to perform his consultancy job will be absolutely pivotal in putting us on a course dor future success. Suspect he’s been orchestrating every positive change from behind the scenes. He’s probably building a mastermind computer live video feed system that allows him to enact structural club changes with the simple push of a button, which he’ll control from his hq in Austria. Predicting cl and league win next year…

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Crazy part is that these muppets believe he is going ‘upstairs’. Guy will be working a day per week remotely, while being the permanent manager of a national team. He will be a consultant. There is nothing ‘upstairs’ about that.
They're deluded mate. :lol: They've been sucked in by his press conference comments. He'll probably spend a day briefing Ten Hag and the board then after that I wouldn't even say one day a week. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a one hour Zoom call a month.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
United need a rebuild, he’s known for this, they obviously had this in mind.
United did not obviously have that in mind. It has been reported many times that he was the one that pushed for a consulting role, and that United even saw it as a hurdle at first. They wanted him as interim manager.

stevoc

Why? The consultancy only ever was going to be a minor role to make up for the contract he had in Moscow. He can still phone it in. Nothing about it has to do with the mindset of your club.
Yep that's what I've thought since he came, suspected United didn't plan on giving him a major role at the club.

jeff_goldblum

He seems completely out of his depth as a manager. I wasn't expecting miracles from him given that even at the height of his success he was never particularly successful as a manager, but I've been surprised by how bad it's been. Hopefully he's gotten enough from the experience to be able to do some good in his consultancy role.

I Am Zlatan

happy to hear that.. true his time as a coach here isn’t the best, it’s not all on him though, many factors contributing to it, but I think he’ll do a decent job in his consultancy role. He comes off very knowledgeable, also him directly working with the squad is good to know who fits the vision of the club/eth.

stevoc

Exactly, he's not done a good job but so what? Things were against him from the get-go. It would have been good to get top four, but reality is; there's no way we were doing anything meaningful in next season's CL.

I would be pretty pissed if he were taking the reigns permanently, but he's not, and people need to chill out. The club looks as though it's finally heading in the right direction, and for the first time in years, I'm actually positive about what we can achieve. The hate for Ralf is hilarious tbh.
Maybe so but that's not the main reason it would have been beneficial for ETH if we'd qualified this season. Having less money coming in and having no CL to offer will make recruitment harder for Ten Hag.

Status
Not open for further replies.