Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza_devils

It's obvious that our workrate and running stat improve a lot under him. Today the team work really hard and play like a team again.

soapythecat

I’m loving RR. He’s found his team and knows the players now. He’s getting the big calls right and we are a much improving side.
I trust him based on nothing but what I’m seeing. If his recruitment is as good as we are told then happy, happy days.

Irwin99

I'm glad he's looking after Pogba and was fine with the sub he made even then but I didn't think it would turn out so well.

Really looking forward to see how we approach the big games under him. Definitely seeing some positive signs.

evil_geko

He could’ve gotten lucky today.

On the whole he’s been worse than I thought he would be but better than what we had earlier. He can’t polish the turds that we have in terms of mentality. And that is essentially the long term project of the new manager. But you can see that he has a much better style and vision to his football but seems to be out of touch with the coaching side of things.

step in the right direction. Give him a good manager to work with. Get rid of United DNA nonsense and start again with a clean slate and we might see progress.
Lucky? If anything we were unlucky this game, should have been something more like 1:5 at the end.

Acquire Me

I’m loving RR. He’s found his team and knows the players now. He’s getting the big calls right and we are a much improving side.
I trust him based on nothing but what I’m seeing. If his recruitment is as good as we are told then happy, happy days.
I feel exactly the same. It’s not perfect yet, but he are slowly getting us there. I trust him.

Revaulx

While also being unafraid of rotating that team.

ti vu

Score from set piece. Achievement cleared.

Impactful sub. Achievement cleared.

Now he needs to work on preparing the team for the start of the second half. Seems like it's becoming a thing for concern now with teams really have a go at us during this period. Against a better team, it is a big trouble starting second half like this.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
On the whole he’s been worse than I thought he would be…
Hasn‘t he been the third best in the league since coming to United? think I read that somewhere, but might be wrong!

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Meltdown after the Pogba sub was ridiculous, lucky it paid off or knives would be out for him but right decision considering Pogba had played 60 minutes in a swamp, even though he was fantastic for them.

I don't have doubts about Rangnick the way some do. Great to see Rashford sat exactly where his form belongs, on the bench. RR will build a team out of this lot and if there is no obvious upgrade in the summer available would be happy for him to continue.

Happy with the progress on the pitch. Fluidity in the build up is missing at times still but way better tactically than anything under Ole.

I’d say 6.5/10 so far for Ralf. He’s got huge tests coming up now. Let’s see if his work on the training pitch tells against City and Liverpool who battered us in the autumn.

Becks_VII

I feel exactly the same. It’s not perfect yet, but he are slowly getting us there. I trust him.
Same here, I think our attacking play looks so much better and the goals we are scoring look very well worked! Just need to improve from a defensive point of view and mentality also needs to be better

Long Time Red

I've been critical of Ralf but he deserves kudos today. That was a tricky game and he managed it well.

Much tougher tests await between now and the end of the season and that's ultimately what he'll be judged on.

Acquire Me

Same here, I think our attacking play looks so much better and the goals we are scoring look very well worked! Just need to improve from a defensive point of view and mentality also needs to be better
I agree, he will need to work with the defence and mentality.

I got this feeling that he is very good at what his doing. He also strike me as a confident man. He will not be bullied and will keep his cool.

He was just what we needed. Someone who got the right authority to deal with huge egos and weak mentality.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we cannot get our top target, I'd be interested in giving him another season with some actual backing.

Then we can go for someone like Enrique who I think will fit us better than Ten Hag

UnReal

Lads, its Leeds.

Seriously though, Fred is his boy
Exactly.

Surprised that many did not like the replacement of Pogba with Fred. It is obvious that Pogba, despite his attacking skills, is very vulnerable in defense, especially after 60 minutes of play, and Fred, in addition to being able to attack and defend at a good level, still had a couple of fresh legs.
Rangnik is well done that he is not afraid to change influential players who are a burden in defense.

But again, this is just Leeds, in mediocre form. Waiting for more serious rivals

Interval

Level
Lucky? If anything we were unlucky this game, should have been something more like 1:5 at the end.
Think you missed the point of the post, friend. I said he may have but … meaning I was talking about his time as a whole and not just today
Hasn‘t he been the third best in the league since coming to United? think I read that somewhere, but might be wrong!
Could be. But we really haven’t played anyone challenging in his time here bar West Ham.

Look, I get his message. His style is refreshing. All I was saying was that he is not a manager and it is somewhat evident. But he has shown enough that he has the right priorities which is refreshing for a club that was as aimless as ours. Give him a good manager and a free hand and he MAY be able to steer this shit show.

Elcabron

Really like Ralph and would have no issue with him staying in the role. He always gets his right when talking about where we went wrong and so it is easy to have confidence in him.

Felt that when he came in he put too much stock in that two hour conversation he had with Ole re opinion on players but I think he has had the required period of time now to make up his own mind, which I think we are now seeing the benefits of.

UnReal

If we cannot get our top target, I'd be interested in giving him another season with some actual backing.

Then we can go for someone like Enrique who I think will fit us better than Ten Hag
Appointing Enrique will be a mistake I think, even if we miss Pochettino and ten Hag.

mattunited1978

doommonger
I think he's done a good job since he came in, he took over a group of Lazy wankers with a huge, over inflated opinion of themselves, who hadnt been coached properly for 3 years. He's slowly improved every aspect, we'r working harder, pressing more intelligently, creating chances, defending better...And most importantly, he dosnt pander to the big ego's and big reputations, hence Rashford finding his lazy arse and shite attitude sat on the bench. If our forwards hadnt fluffed sitter after sitter in multiple games we'd likely be level with Chelsea.

Like i say, its been steady rather than instant progress, sometimes 2 steps forward for one back, but im seeing improvement in just about every aspect. With Sancho's progress being the highlight.

Jezpeza

I still dont particularly rate him highly. Still a mix of good stuff And bad. Hope we can put this ‘controlling games’ nonsense to bed now and accept that wont get sorted til the midfield is

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Follks, zoom out and realize how good of a job he did today.

Rested Dalot, Varane, Ronaldo, Pogba right before a UCL game. Gave Jesse game time and settled squad harmony. Handled the 2-2 rocking extremely well. Subs killed off the game and not to mention subbed Ronaldo when he hasn't scored a goal.

Above all that, he clearly motivated the team to show up 'physically' today. It was the first time in a long time we battled like that.

They're on a high right now. Our xG under performance in the past couple weeks will have a sweet sweet reversion to the mean in the next few weeks - perfect timing too with the harder fixtures coming up :)

vanrooney

he is someone who can build a club . just look at rb salzburg leipzig etc. we should give him the chance to build something here

vanrooney

You do realize that you are... Manchester United?

:confused:
the name doenst give you anything. rr will build a football philosophy again if given the chance. just look how it worked with high profile managers like mou etc - our name did nothing for them either. we have to be honest, if we want to compete with city and the rest again we need a good foundation and a plan. that is what he could deliver

Giggsy13

For me the worst thing that could happen is RR becoming permanent manager in the summer.

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many fans think he’s doing a great job.
There are doctors and therapists you can see for the psychological damage caused by Ole. In the league Ralf has gone with 7 wins 1 loss and 4 draws. He won’t get the permanent job, but he has done a good job in stopping the bleeding. What else do you want an interim manager to do? We are a more cohesive unit and there are signs that we have a good squad with some clear holes in midfield, which will be addressed.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bankchester United
Spinchester United
PRchester United
Brandchester United

etc
The Red Bull clubs are literally the biggest brand-pushing and company PR clubs in football. And they are also fecking minnows who'll never do anything relevant. Except kick us out of CL in a couple of weeks
Manchester United fans hoping that "Ralf" 'builds' them up like the Red Bull clubs is just bizarre to me. You're a massive, historic club that only needs a great next manager. I mean you got 2nd place in the PL even after appointing your mascot to the permanent manager position. There's clubs out there that would kill for a 'decline' like that. You don't need fundamental rebuilding, have some pride.

Last edited:

Juansar_07

Eager to see how he deals with the upcoming grinding fixtures consisting of AM*2, City, Spurs, Liverpool in succession (with Watford in between). So far it has been a relatively easy set of games and it ends here with Leeds (at least with all 6pts in the last 2). This could also possibly seal our fate in/out of the top 4.

DeGea

He did not have a pre-season, and had to come in to a club with lots of problems, not just on the field, but off the field as well. All things considered I think he has done a decent job. He is honest, speaks very clearly and from the outside appears to be systematic. Essentially very business-like, which is what we need.

Our problem is that we have a lot of talent, but we are not organised/systematic, so Ralf whilst not a Guardiola or Klopp is the best person at the moment to sort that out. A typical German who is very organised, and says things as they are. Great teams are all about patterns, and repetition so that the players know what they are doing - the only way to get 11 different humans with different skillsets to function together as a unit is to have a system.

It is less common for successful teams to be a team that plays 'off the cuff' and rely on talent/passion only - which is what Ole was doing. The great Barca teams, German national teams, Bayern teams, City, Liverpool, all play to a recognised pattern/system. Get a German coach in and you will get a system.

The next level will be flair and beating the tough teams, which Ralf might not be the best at - that might be the job for the next person. Just a personal view anyway.

EdinburghDevil

He has to take a lot of credit today.

I wasn't too surprised Pogba came off, thinking long term. Heavy pitch, tackles flying in from all angles, just coming back from injury.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Appointing Enrique will be a mistake I think, even if we miss Pochettino and ten Hag.
Who else though? Poch is not a really someone I want as a top choice, Ten Hag, I think, will flop here due to our (lack of) structure.

Personally, I like Potter but again I don't see how he'll succeed where the above ones won't.

Pintu

Good game management today. The kind of things you rarely saw from the previous.

bosskeano

we will see what Ralf is made of over the next month with the 2 CL matches along with league matches Away to City and Scum wiht a home match against Spurs

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The Red Bull clubs are literally the biggest brand-pushing and company PR clubs in football. And they are also fecking minnows who'll never do anything relevant. Except kick us out of CL in a couple of weeks
Manchester United fans hoping that "Ralf" 'builds' them up like the Red Bull clubs is just bizarre to me. You're a massive, historic club that only needs a great next manager. I mean you got 2nd place in the PL even after appointing your mascot to the permanent manager position. There's clubs out there that would kill for a 'decline' like that. You don't need fundamental rebuilding, have some pride.
Well not exactly like Red Bull club but we have been quite wasteful in transfer market so if he can fix that issue then it will automatically make us better. Then the style of play has been not consistent enough so that needs a proper guidance too.

Lyng

The big thing for me is that there is clear progress to see and the gameplan is crystal clear.
Something we thoroughly missed under Ole.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The big thing for me is that there is clear progress to see and the gameplan is crystal clear.
Something we thoroughly missed under Ole.
We have been very aggressive since the last two games. I am getting the us vs them mentality again as we used to have it.

DSG

Delighted for Ralf and the team that we took full points today. Their first goal was a fluke, the second deserved, but it was a good fight back and we could’ve had 5 or 6.

Leeds had a lot more shots on goal and possession than I would have liked. They did miss a couple of sitters, as did we. Also,

I haven’t been overly impressed with Ralf and disappointed the club didn’t bring in a DM during the transfer window. Let’s hope that Ralf can guide us to 4th. The schedule is getting tougher starting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.