Ralph Hasenhüttl

DickDastardly

He might be doing this on purpose.

You know once you go 2 goals down your not coming back, so, feck it.

You let your team get hammered in the odd chance the crushing defeat gets you through the rest of the season.

You know, dig deep in the emotional dungeon....you feckers....now go on and beat the next team!!!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
His tactics were abysmal. I don't understand what was meant to happen.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Depleted squad with players like Vestergaard missing in defense, Romeu out in midfield plus a total rookie facing rashford and Shaw at right back and a red card in the second minute. That ended as it should have, I can’t think he could have done anything today, bad break.

el3mel

Pretty harsh to blame him for it when they pretty much played full 90 minutes minus one player.

DOTA

Pretty harsh to blame him for it when they pretty much played full 90 minutes minus one player.
They lost 9-0. They were lucky to only lose 9-0. It is not harsh to blame him for failing to come up with a better plan than 'let's hope they miss their chances'.

acnumber9

Circumstances that we seen tonight shouldn’t lead to losing 9-0. The second time it’s happened to him. They can’t defend. That’s on him. And they were petulant as feck. They started acting like children in the second half.

PoTMS

No Premier League team should lose by nine. No professional football team should lose by nine twice.

There was a point where the Southampton goalkeeper and defence were time wasting and yet you could hear him bellowing down the touchline to restart play.

El Presidente

He might be doing this on purpose.

You know once you go 2 goals down your not coming back, so, feck it.

You let your team get hammered in the odd chance the crushing defeat gets you through the rest of the season.

You know, dig deep in the emotional dungeon....you feckers....now go on and beat the next team!!!
Yeah, no.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The last time he lost 9-0 they also had a man sent off but that doesn't excuse it happening once let alone twice. Appalling record to have and worrying.

spiriticon

Spanked 9-0 twice. Epic.

That deserves a 'Lifetime Achievement' award from the Premier League.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feel bad for him, he’s a good manager and doesn’t deserve that!

DOTA

I can't understand why he didn't throw caution to the wind at 5-0 down and just go for it. It's not like he's going to gain a point for keeping the score down.
That would, absolutely, have been a better plan than what he did. Which was just to let us have complete freedom.

el3mel

They lost 9-0. They were lucky to only lose 9-0. It is not harsh to blame him for failing to come up with a better plan than 'let's hope they miss their chances'.
Talking like "coming up with a better plan" and stuff is easier said than done. Their plan went out of the window in the first 2 minutes and they mentally collapsed after the first goal. It was only really going one way after that.

MalcolmTucker

There must be a correlation between crying after winning a normal league game and getting spanked 9-0

DOTA

Talking like "coming up with a better plan" and stuff is easier said than done. Their plan went out of the window in the first 2 minutes and they mentally collapsed after the first goal. It was only really going one way after that.
I've got a better plan. It's quite simple. Actually try to defend the wide positions rather than just letting the opponents do whatever the hell they want for 88 minutes.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
If I were a Southampton fan I’d happily take a 9-0 spanking every season in exchange for a comfortable midtable finish and outside chance of Europe.

People read way too much into freak results.

RORY65

He's done fine with them, he's taken a midtable team and got them to midtable, but some of the talk around him (he was being linked with the Chelsea job in some places) has gone too far. I remember hearing pundits suggesting him as a manager of the year nominee last year for turning things around after the 9-0 ignoring that he was the manager when they lost 9-0.

el3mel

I've got a better plan. It's quite simple. Actually try to defend the wide positions rather than just letting the opponents do whatever the hell they want for 88 minutes.
I'm not really sure he told them to let United do whatever they want. Just because he told them something, doesn't mean that players actually can manage to pull it off or do it correctly on the pitch. From what we saw Southampton mentally completely collapsed by our second goal. No tactical work or tips said during half time were going to change it this much.

PoTMS

He's clearly quite a good coach, mind. He's been let down by his board.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
They have more pressing concerns than tonight's scoreline. No goal from open play in 8 games and down to the bare bones squad wise. I think they loaned out a few players too, strangely.

DavidDeSchmikes

3 goals in 9 games. 1 win in that period as well. Could be a tough few weeks, considering their injuries.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
He's done fine with them, he's taken a midtable team and got them to midtable
They were in the relegation zone with one win from 14 when he took over, having finished the previous season in 17th, three points above 18th.

It’s revisionist nonsense to say he took over a midtable team.

DOTA

I'm not really sure he told them to let United do whatever they want. Just because he told them something, doesn't mean that players actually can manage to pull it off or do it correctly on the pitch. From what we saw Southampton mentally completely collapsed by our second. No tactical work or tips said during half time were going to change it this much.
Either one red card is enough to make the entire Southampton team suffer traumatic hearing loss, and be completely unable to hear as he screamed the words 'defend the wings!' for the following 88 minutes. Or he actually thought it was a sensible idea to let us play outside the box and try to deal with things inside the box.

Which do you think is more likely?

stubie

They have more pressing concerns than tonight's scoreline. No goal from open play in 8 games and down to the bare bones squad wise. I think they loaned out a few players too, strangely.
Yeah they loaned out Valery to Birmingham which I thought was strange as he seemed decent whenever I saw him play

el3mel

Either one red card is enough to make the entire Southampton team suffer traumatic hearing loss, and be completely unable to hear as he screamed the words 'defend the wings!' for the following 88 minutes. Or he actually thought it was a sensible idea to let us play outside the box and try to deal with things inside the box.

Which do you think is more likely?
I didn't say that. I said that even if he told them to do during half time, it's not really a guarantee the players would manage to do it properly on the pitch. He's not controlling them via a controller.

With how they looked like during the first half, I'm not sure the players were in a mental state to actually do anything tactically on the pitch.

RORY65

They were in the relegation zone with one win from 14 when he took over, having finished the previous season in 17th, three points above 18th.

It’s revisionist nonsense to say he took over a midtable team.
They made a couple of atrocious managerial appointments in a row (they sacked Puel for finishing 8th and being unlucky to lose the League Cup final), that squad is not close to one of the worst in the league and never was. I'll give you that he's a significant upgrade on Mark Hughes and Mauricio Pellegrino.

Nickelodeon

They should’ve done some damage control after 2 or 3. Tactics were naive. But it’s better to have one freak result in a season to get it back on track.

Having said that, this would’ve done serious damage to the chances of his appointments for the real big jobs. One 9-0 could’ve been brushed off as one freak day, but to have the same thing happen again will be a stain which is harder to remove. Personally, hoping he bounces back.

Castia

How many hipsters are left? Is Rose still on the list??

DOTA

I didn't say that. I said that even if he told them to do during half time, it's not really a guarantee the players would manage to do it properly on the pitch. He's not controlling them via a controller.

With how they looked like during the first half, I'm not sure the players were in a mental state to actually do anything tactically on the pitch.
The problem isn't that they didn't do it properly. The problem is they weren't trying to do it. Which is, I would suggest, most likely because they weren't told to try to do it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Can’t quite make out what he says about Jankewitz?