Ramsey to Juve on a free | Agrees £400k a week deal!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is around the figure that's reported by the Italian press and a lot more believable.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It must include the signing on fee spread over the length of the contract to be that high, like with Sanchez. Still bizarre as I don't think he is worth even half that much.

Plus it puts them in a bad position when it comes to negotiating other contracts in the future.

SATA

Wow 400k?! Is that actually more than or least on par with Ronaldo's wages? He will be throwing a hissy fit soon the tax evader

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Ramsey finally evolving into Ramses the Great, or rather Ramses the Rich.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No way he’s getting that much. 250k sounds more realistic.

RedDevil@84

So they were lying on a pile of money all these years. Now they can afford to throw money like this

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This transfer makes our Sanchez buy look like a poundland deal even if he hasn't palyed a single decent game.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
So they were lying on a pile of money all these years. Now they can afford to throw money like this
FIAT are financing Juventus. FIAT financed the Ronaldo deal (and employers went on strike).

All Juve need to buy more players is sell more cars. :p

Bojan11

Have people forgotten the signing on fee?

He’s probably not getting one hence why his base wage is high. Juve are probably too tight to pay it in one go and included it in the base wage.

JSArsenal

:(

Sad to see this confirmed. Ramsey has been a wonderful player for us. If he was staying, guarantee that he would have been chosen as new club captain.

I hope he wins every trophy he can in Italy.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Have people forgotten the signing on fee?

He’s probably not getting one hence why his base wage is high. Juve are probably too tight to pay it in one go and included it in the base wage.
As a result of the registration of the player, Juventus will incur additional costs of € 3.7 million, to be paid within 10th July 2019.
Is that not the signing on fee, or is that something different?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He deserves it.
Is that why there’s so many complaints in Catalunya about it? :lol:

FIAT are financing Juventus. FIAT financed the Ronaldo deal (and employers went on strike).

That was actually not true. Ronaldo deal payed for itself already, check what happened with Juve’s Adidas deal after they signed him.

TsuWave

even £250k is a lot. I mean what has Ramsey done/accomplished? But I guess they can reason it because he’s moving on a free

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
250k is still fecking mad. He had an amazing season with Arsenal that led to him being an integral part of a Welsh team who nearly did Leicester amounts of impossibility but aside from that he's never been able to replicate that type of form. He'll look good in a midfield three for Juve though no doubt but crikey.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Insane. I don't even understand why they'd want him.
Juventus' midfield recruitment has been terrible in recent years. Imagine going from Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio to Matuidi, Khedira, and Can. :lol: What a steaming pile of shit. Pjanic is the only decent midfielder they have nowadays.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Nope, it's 100M versus 60M...last time I checked that's not more than twice.
Fair enough, it was the case at Madrid before the move. Only reason that’s the case is Ronaldo signed one 6 months ago though. When Messi renews again (which shouldn't take long with only 2.5 years left) it might be triple of what Ronaldo is getting.

Suedesi

Is that why there’s so many complaints in Catalunya about it? :lol:

That was actually not true. Ronaldo deal payed for itself already, check what happened with Juve’s Adidas deal after they signed him.
Catalans will always complain.

What happened with Adidas after Ronaldo signed?

piesel

Incredible to see people still believing every fake news they read.

Chairman Steve

Bullshit is that his actual salary. I bet there's all kind of performance clauses, bonuses and shit in that figure. It's just Arsenal presented it like that so they don't look bad and Ramsey looks like a money whore.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldo/Messi discussion in every thread Peyroteo enters, colour me surprsied
You say that as if I brought up the subject...

Nothing to do with Messi and Ronaldo, people were comparing Ramsey’s wages with the highest earners in the sport... which happen to be Messi and Ronaldo.

I’m sorry it bothered you.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Di Marzio saying it’s 7 million plus bonuses per year (after tax).

Suedesi

They signed a new deal that was much bigger a few months ago.

Adidas even gave them a gift of 15 million for it.

https://www.football-italia.net/132352/juventus-agree-new-adidas-deal
You can't attribute the improved Adidas deal entirely on Ronaldo, that's wishful accounting. Juve are the 7-time Italian Champions, always there or thereabout on the CL, have huge brand exposure in Asia and those milestones were achieved before Ronaldo came in. Adidas simply recognized that.

Ronaldo's contract was 100mm transfer plus 60 million a year (gross) for four years, that's ~350 million EUROS. Juve better hope to win the CL this season, because with a rapidly aging team and growing competition they won't have a better chance and the Ronaldo deal will look like a disaster from an accounting standpoint. Just like they fooked up with Higuain.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wouldn't be surprised. Free transfers aren't 'free' these days.

Think of it as the following:

Effective transfer fee saved
+ Agent fee
+ Signing on fee
+ Wages
All paid over the length over the contract.