Random Suggestions

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
When i go to a convo with no new replies, i think it would be alot better to be sent to the last post rather than the OP.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Can we give @GifLord the power to add threadmarks to any thread. So that he can add a threadmarks when he posts goal videos? Would hella handy

Silas

The ability to save posts that you want to look back at later (e.g. for comedy or so you can refer to them). Would also help when it comes to voting for the annual awards if you could find your favourite posts all in one place. No idea if it's possible on XenForo though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The ability to save posts that you want to look back at later (e.g. for comedy or so you can refer to them). Would also help when it comes to voting for the annual awards if you could find your favourite posts all in one place. No idea if it's possible on XenForo though.
Definitely possible. There are a few 'bookmark' add-ons. With regards to the awards, you might find a few ideas for nominations over the past year in this thread.

Needham

Redcafe needs some ambient background sounds. I suggest English football stadium crowd noises from the 1980s when we are all agreed chanting was at its absolute peak of originality and intensity. The track doesn't have to be from Old Trafford but I would prefer not to hear the Kop singing YAWN, especially when I'm composing a hateful post about LFC.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Redcafe needs some ambient background sounds. I suggest English football stadium crowd noises from the 1980s when we are all agreed chanting was at its absolute peak of originality and intensity. The track doesn't have to be from Old Trafford but I would prefer not to hear the Kop singing YAWN, especially when I'm composing a hateful post about LFC.
I hope you're joking.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It should be Vindaloo.

Dun dun dun du dun dun dun BUCKET

NA NA NAAAAAA

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Has anyone suggested moving Drafts to entertainment forum since they’re basically a game? I find them a tad insufferable.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Can we create a knee-jerk subsection and move all the rubbish created after losing games to there?

Zlatattack

Can we have a like button on posts? I know what you're thinking "omg if we give them a like button the number of comments will drastically reduce" but actually I disagree.

I've been on other forums where there is a like button and it's a way of expressing recogntion towards someones efforts. It will reduce posts, but only those which are "yeah me too" or "i agree". Even better it'll reduce posts which are "I agree but i want to sound like i've got more to say so here is a regurtitated version of your already stated opinion".

The quality posts will still keep on coming and that's what you really want!

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
it's a way of expressing recogntion towards someones efforts. It will reduce posts, but only those which are "yeah me too" or "i agree". Even better it'll reduce posts which are "I agree but i want to sound like i've got more to say so here is a regurtitated version of your already stated opinion".
It would also turn a discussion into a popularity contest.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Can we have a like button on posts? I know what you're thinking "omg if we give them a like button the number of comments will drastically reduce" but actually I disagree.

I've been on other forums where there is a like button and it's a way of expressing recogntion towards someones efforts. It will reduce posts, but only those which are "yeah me too" or "i agree". Even better it'll reduce posts which are "I agree but i want to sound like i've got more to say so here is a regurtitated version of your already stated opinion".

How are insufferable bores like myself supposed to boost our post counts? You must think again.

Zlatattack

It would also turn a discussion into a popularity contest.
most of them already are. Besides they're often very discrete. Look at the ones on reddit. As long as we don't change how we display posts, it shouldn't make much of an impact.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

I don't think a like button is going to dissuade the types who like to write a post saying that they agree with what's been said.

It'll just turn the forum into a big willy waving contest.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I'm pretty sure it's already been floated but have youse considered a dedicated games board?
Would certainly help stop clogging other threads with games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm pretty sure it's already been floated but have youse considered a dedicated games board?
Would certainly help stop clogging other threads with games.
Yes, it has been mentioned quite a few times and is being internally debated.

Games usually have threads of their own rather than being put in an existing thread so don't know how you've experienced that.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Women's team forum?

EDIT - Unrelated to whatever you're discussing there. Just something I was wondering if we were gonna do.

spwd

Any chance there could be an easier way to ignore threads, bit of a pain having to go into every one and select it, couldn’t there be a “select multiple “ then select the ignore box on the ones you don’t want to see or something?

Charles Miller

1 - Your post had a typo.
2 - Before you noticed it someone replied your post.
3 - You edit your original comment to fix it.
4 - The typo remains in the part the text replied by the other usuary(in the top of his post).

Its possible a solution? Besides not posting typos, of course.