Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy13

Yeah people love to criticise the Maguire fee on here but I'd rather pay £80m for a CB who is available every week than £35m for one who hardly is, no matter how good they are. Good defences are built on established partnerships.
Is that the standard at the club now, “oh well at least he’s healthy.” Defences are built on established partners yes but the the standard of the player matters above all. When you see Maguire and Varane on the pitch, you can see the gulf in quality; one who has won 4 champions league titles and the other who is the most overrated CB in the league. We’d be wise to shift out Maguire to the Saudis and reinvest in a more quality CB.

cyberman

Do we know that for certain or is it just an excuse? Most players would have just come back and you wouldn't think about it.
Common sense? It makes more sense than Varane suddenly being unable to play two games in a row

OmarUnited4ever

Common sense? It makes more sense than Varane suddenly being unable to play two games in a row
I don't think he was rushed as Maguire, he was just unlucky for getting that second muscle injury vs Atlanta, it happens and nothing can be done about it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
but when he’s not fit we’re forced to play the likes of lindelof and jones. it’s like having scarlett johanssen tied up in your garage but you still spend the whole of christmas trying to sleep with your cousin.
I get that, but she’s a delicate flower. sometimes it’s nice to keep scarlett for a special occasion.

You don’t want to pound her into the ground until she’s worn to bits.

As long as she’s a goer when the time comes that’s the important part

A-man

I get that, but she’s a delicate flower. sometimes it’s nice to keep scarlett for a special occasion.

You don’t want to pound her into the ground until she’s worn to bits.

As long as she’s a goer when the time comes that’s the important part
He’s the best payed defender in the PL. You’d expect him to play more than on a “special occasion”. And so far he’s only played very non-special occasions. I don’t think it was down to poor luck, but poor preparations. He didn’t train with a team for a very long time and most likely wasn’t properly prepared for matches in the PL.

spiriticon

We've given him the proper Man Utd defender training now.

He's at our level at last.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
As bad as any centre back performance this season. Looked terrified.

The Hilton

Abject today, constantly gave the ball away, which led to their best chances, including the goal.

Thiagoal

Looked like an 18 year old kid that’s just been called up for his debut…WTF is our club doing to players

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was supposed to take us to the next level instead Maguire is carrying him (he himself is on a stretcher)

CloneMC16

He was absolutely fecking dreadful. The worst player on the pitch for us. He was supposed to fix our defence :lol:

slored1

Utter dogshit. Got outplayed by Callum Wilson like he is Brazilian Ronaldo.

kundalini

Inept. Could easily have cost us more than one goal. His woeful passing kept getting us into trouble.

acnumber9

I’d give him a by ball on the basis he’s been injured for months but that was abysmal.

Marwood

Why is one of the most experienced, decorated players in the game looking so nervy against Newcastle?

GMoore23

At Madrid he was playing behind
Casemeiro
Modric - Kroos

At United it's
McTominay - Fred

No wonder he looked shell shocked.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Looked like an 18 year old kid that’s just been called up for his debut…WTF is our club doing to players
He was actually much better at 18 years old than what he showed here so far ironically enough.

CloneMC16

At Madrid he was playing behind
Casemeiro
Modric - Kroos

At United it's
McTominay - Fred

No wonder he looked shell shocked.
Varane giving the ball away under no pressure is definitely McT's and Fred's fault :lol:

miked99

Nearly ended up with a hat-trick of assists for Newcastle. Really poor passing and didn't seem to be running well either. To be fair he's been out for ages and hasn't had a chance to settle in properly due to being in and out of the team since he arrived.

Much better to come for sure and I can't imagine he'll ever play much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.