Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominos

Any update on his injury? City only got going after his injury. He’s so important to us.
So you don’t think the injury had any impact?

Interesting given how the game went
Weren't we 2-0 down already and getting opened up for fun?

To be fair I don't even want to blame the defenders today. When midfield and attack are losing the ball every time they get it, and they fail to cut off the supply, fail to track runners - there's no defenders in the world who could have stopped City from scoring.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So you don’t think the injury had any impact?

Interesting given how the game went
We were already losing and looking poor. Of course it made it worse but to say City only got going when he got injured is a blatant lie.

TheReligion

Abusive
Weren't we 2-0 down already and getting opened up for fun?

To be fair I don't even want to blame the defenders today. When midfield and attack are losing the ball every time they get it, and they fail to cut off the supply, fail to track runners - there's no defenders in the world who could have stopped City from scoring.
Haaland got his moment when Varane was injured. We were 1-0 at that point. He was off the pitch when he scored getting treatment?

TheReligion

Abusive
Besides the point. They never got going due to his injury clearly if you watched the game
You’re very annoying. Just argue for the sake of it.

If you feel we are fine without Varane fair enough. I believe he’s very important as is continuing to build on the partnership with Martinez. The fact we conceded 5 goals after his injury shows that too.

I came here for news on his injury not some school yard argument with you.

SAFMUTD

He had a really poor game today, Haaland toyed with him. He was half sleep as Haaland made several runs.

Hopefully the injury is not anything important though as both Maguire and Lindelof are really poor.

Chief123

We conceded 5 with Varane injured and then off the pitch.
I do agree losing him was a big loss and took any hope out of the game. Unfortunately I fear we were losing comfortably regardless. Maybe not by as many as conceding 6 though. City pulled off all their players with 30 mins to go. They could have got 10 today if they really wanted.

Chief123

If you feel we are fine without Varane fair enough. I believe he’s very important as is continuing to build on the partnership with Martinez. The fact we conceded 5 goals after his injury shows that too.

So true! :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

You said City only got going when he got injured. I told you thats not true but you continued to insists and then say Im saying things I did not. Thats annoying.

Ive already said quite obviously him getting injured made things worse.

TheReligion

Abusive
You said City only got going when he got injured. I told you thats not true but you continued to insists and then say Im saying things I did not. Thats annoying.

Ive already said quite obviously him getting injured made things worse.
So you agree with me. Great.

Move on to picking at someone else’s posts then you absolute irritant.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Varane needs to toughen up. Nothing worse than seeing a player lying on the ground while the opposition is attacking. Get up, show some balls and take one for the team. Sure, he was injured, but you still have to try. This reminded me of last year when De Gea lied on the ground and Arsenal scored. Get up. Hobble around if you have to. Maybe then City doesn't end up with a corner kick...

Kostov

Not a coincidence that we concede 6 goals when he is having an off game and injured. I think our defense is fecked without him, no matter the combination.

Zoo

Sprained ankle for Raphaël Varane (Manchester United), exams on Monday

CloneMC16

Varane needs to toughen up. Nothing worse than seeing a player lying on the ground while the opposition is attacking. Get up, show some balls and take one for the team. Sure, he was injured, but you still have to try. This reminded me of last year when De Gea lied on the ground and Arsenal scored. Get up. Hobble around if you have to. Maybe then City doesn't end up with a corner kick...
I felt the exact same way. It instantly reminded me of De Gea last season. I hate when players do that. Get up and at least try and do what you can.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You've clearly never done your ankle to make a post like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I felt the exact same way. It instantly reminded me of De Gea last season. I hate when players do that. Get up and at least try and do what you can.
I don't know if you're a sports guy, but the next time you do your ankle in, see what "do what you can" actually amounts to.

I doubt it's enough to influence a Man City powerful attack even remotely!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Involved in the first 3 goals. Had a mare then came off injured
Wasnt even on the pitch for the 2nd and the 3rd he couldn't do anything about. Very odd.

Real Name

Hobble around are make your possible injury worse. That sounds great.

Ekeke

Wasnt even on the pitch for the 2nd and the 3rd he couldn't do anything about. Very odd.
2nd he was off the pitch, as our main CB for set pieces and would have been marking Haaland. He was off because he was injured, but he stayed down leading to us defending with 10 and giving away a corner. And then he was fine to come back on, not fine for defending the 3rd, and then subbed.

Either he's injured or he's not, and even if he is then staying down when the ref isnt stopping play is a bad call. That led to the corner and him being off the pitch when it came in and we conceded. Play on till the ball goes out then if you're injured come off. Dont cost us multple goals playing injured.

Not that our backup was that good. Lindelof could have come on and made more mistakes and we'd concede just as many. But we'd know to blame Lindelof then, not our most experienced CB

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The 3rd he couldn't do anything about it? We'd crucify Maguire if it was him.

It was a fantastic pass though.

Lyng

I did my ankle like that years ago in a match. The pain is absurd. Anyone claiming he should just toughen up, has clearly never tried that.

Ekeke

I did my ankle like that years ago in a match. The pain is absurd. Anyone claiming he should just toughen up, has clearly never tried that.
I do it all the time and I do something thats more physical than football, at least in terms of contact. I've had much worse pain.

Again get up and help out till the ball goes out then come off saying you cant continue. Its very simple and basic and what most players do. You stay down if its a head injury or literally cant stand

He carried on for several more goals before he was taken off.

antk

I do it all the time and I do something thats more physical than football, at least in terms of contact. I've had much worse pain.

Again get up and help out till the ball goes out then come off saying you cant continue. Its very simple and basic and what most players do. You stay down if its a head injury or literally cant stand

This is absolutely absurd.

ExoduS

Yeah I have to agree but once you commit to being down it is hard to rejuvenate when you realize no one is stopping the game. I actually love it when the game continues when player is on the ground as players in 98% of situations continue the game.

In contrast in NFL if player is down is most likely end of the season injury.

El Jefe

:lol::lol:

Ekeke

Yeah I have to agree but once you commit to being down it is hard to rejuvenate when you realize no one is stopping the game. I actually love it when the game continues when player is on the ground as players in 98% of situations continue the game.

In contrast in NFL if player is down is most likely end of the season injury.
Yep

No you dont.
Yes I do. Just because a slight gust of wind is too much for you doesnt mean it is for others.

Lets also add to the fact its a derby game against City. I'm not suggesting it didnt hurt, but it doesnt matter. Get up and gut through it for a few seconds even if you're standing still (not behind everyone playing everyone onside) and just ordering teammates around to cover for the fact our tall CB isnt in position.

Imagine being a poster who thinks twisting your ankle badly is an excuse to stay down 30 seconds in your local derby, ignoring that the referee isnt stopping the game. Its called playing to the whistle. If you can stand you can contribute. As soon as the ball comes off you are excused to say you cant continue and get subbed off. Then its someone else's job. Until that point, unless you have hit your head and may have a concussion you're on that pitch to play football.

acnumber9

What difference to what happened do people think an injured player just hobbling about would’ve made?

Status
Not open for further replies.