Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

I feel he and Rio are too similar, Varane and Vidic will be a much better partnership imo
Good thing we have our own new age vidic in Martinez, to develop a newer version of that partnership

yfoFC

Good thing we have our own new age vidic in Martinez, to develop a newer version of that partnership
Hope we get 5 years out of this partnership, might very well be compared to the two OGs if they get us winning trophies again

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Lloris retired from International football. Arise Captain Varane.

Idxomer

The defence just doesn't look right without him even against poor teams.

Sylar

The defence just doesn't look right without him even against poor teams.
We need him and Martinez as CB badly against city and arsenal
Shaw at lb too. RB hopefully Dalot is fit as I think AWB may be targeted

lost7

He's so underrated, the number of times he's in the right place at the right moment is unbelievable. Seriously lost count of how many crucial clearances he's pulled off today in the box

Red Rash

It's like watching Rio Ferdinand again both in style and also how assured you feel having him in the team

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he might be my favourite player in our squad nowadays

Pronewbie

Peep
Think he was at fault for their goal. Left Wan Bissaka with Haaland and Grealish to mark. But otherwise played well. Loved to see that burst of pace and aggression in the 1st half to beat Foden to the ball.

AJ VII

Haaland who?

The Varane - Shaw partnership is really good. Amazing defensive performance by the entire team minus Martial who must have startet the game with a pulled hamstring or something.

Rafa's calm nature and great technique helps us so much when we are under pressure, and with Case infront it makes it really difficult to score against us. City only had one chance i think.

BorisManUtd

Some player. One of the best for us today certainly. Have to see City's goal again to see if Varane was at fault for it, but other than that he was fine.

acnumber9

Thought he was the best player on the pitch. Dealt with any danger that came his way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best CB in the league. People genuinely thought he was overrated or was carried by Madrid or something, nonsense. That Madrid team had 0 passengers and had one of the best in the world in every single position. Varane is fecking world class. Just keep him fit, but how many have we conceded with him on the pitch? He wasn't there for Brentford, Brighton or the City hammering he got injured for. He's just such a great all around defender.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Remember when people thought Maguire was better than him :lol:
The people on twitter who tried to convince people that Maguire's "ball playing" (and by that... it's holding the ball with 10 touches before just doing a long ball to a winger) was more valuable than Varane. Varane on the ball is quick and efficient. He doesn't do hollywood passes, but he speeds up the play so much and gets it into better passers in better positions quickly. That's far more valuable than a player taking an age on the ball before trying to pick out a great pass. It was the same problem with Pogba. That's not useful to a team. Might get you some highlight plays, but that's it.

Mr Smith

Feel like it will go a bit under the radar how good he was today. Seemed to be in control of ever situation.

Bobski

He is a significantly better version of peak Smalling with all the weakest areas of Smalling's game removed. So excellent athletically, strong, fast, agile, good in the air and one v one, but also a good footballer with composure, reading of the game, advanced positioning, and subtle grabbiness.

Being injury prone is his only real weakness.

That Madrid team was impossibly loaded, just absurd collection of players, all at their primes together.

El Jefe

He was my MOTM. He's a ridiculously good defender and its taken for granted because of how easy he makes it look.

The back four is so composed whenever he's in the side.

zenith

Our top 4 hopes, potential title challenge all depend on this guy's fitness. Such a leader

Status
Not open for further replies.