Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

If ever there was a time for Raphael Varane to angle for a HUGE contract at Real Madrid.... it would be the summer Sergio Ramos - One of their highest paid players and centre back leaves.

Well what do you know.....

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If ever there was a time for Raphael Varane to angle for a HUGE contract at Real Madrid.... it would be the summer Sergio Ramos - One of their highest paid players and centre back leaves.

Well what do you know.....

I'm calling BULLSHIT.
The Varane situation didn't start this summer, it predates the idea that Ramos could leave this summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's been excellent overall. Any team that gets him is a lucky bitch.

NYAS

Theres got to be a point when journos stop using Chelsea as boogeymen for clicks?
Why wouldn’t he end up at Chelsea? Especially as it seems Hakimi will be going to PSG, so they won’t move James to RCB.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why wouldn’t he end up at Chelsea? Especially as it seems Hakimi will be going to PSG, so they won’t move James to RCB.
Chelsea have also been looking into Adama Traoré for that right wing back role, so they still have a chance at bringing someone else in and moving James to RCB.

Regardless, Chelsea haven't gone as far with Varane as United have. The only way they'd go ahead is if they meet Real Madrid's demands immediately with no negotiations.

NYAS

Chelsea have also been looking into Adama Traoré for that right wing back role, so they still have a chance at bringing someone else in and moving James to RCB.

Regardless, Chelsea haven't gone as far with Varane as United have. The only way they'd go ahead is if they meet Real Madrid's demands immediately with no negotiations.
Yeah, forgot the Adama link.

Cantonagotmehere

My dream summer would have been Varane, Sancho and Rice. Obviously that would be too expensive but 2/3 would be fantastic should we pull it off!

Would still spend the duration of the summer quietly wishing that there is some funds floating around to get a decent DM though :wenger:
Me too! Varane and Sancho and I would not complain for a couple windows...if Rice came too....4 windows...

Jibbs

Just thinking out loud... if we are able to get Varane for around 50 m and able to convince Pogba to sign an extension. Can we drop the plan for Sancho and bid 100m plus Martial for Mbappe.

Wouldn't it be a muppet dream summer.

Knightmare7

Just thinking out loud... if we are able to get Varane for around 50 m and able to convince Pogba to sign an extension. Can we drop the plan for Sancho and bid 100m plus Martial for Mbappe.

Wouldn't it be a muppet dream summer.
Mbappe is easily a 200 million player, as ridiculous as that sounds. Prices are inflating faster than every before sadly, but if you’re PSG, why would you ever sell your nation’s best player unless you have to? Plus, there’s the fact that Mbappe probably wants to head to Real Madrid. Can’t imagine Mbappe has any sentimentality towards United and I doubt his lack of an extensions is because he’s planning to escape to Manchester.

If he leaves, no one is signing him unless he puts pen to paper for a 5-6 year extension, so I just can’t see him heading to England. Plus I very much doubt PSG has much of an interest in Martial. He may be French, but when you sell a player for Mbappe’s price, people expect something special coming back in. Hard to imagine failing to win Champions League two years in a row and pleasing fans by selling him.

And after all of that, that’s the cynic in me. The optimist in me says ‘Hell yeah let’s do it’

cyberman

Because they have linked Chelsea with every single player available this summer and they have yet to even place a bid? Haaland for feck sake
Romano especially likes adding Chelsea to his tweets. It was all Utd will have no problem signing Sancho this summer up until about June until he said Chelsea were in for him #HereWeGo podcast. Then it was clear as to where the wind blew he tweeted that Chelsea were no longer in for him about a week later.

Womp

idiot
Just as interested about this as I am for Sancho tbh.

The noises coming from the media and from Madrid themselves also dont seem to paint the picture of a club looking like they'll keep him

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Must be fun being Raphael Varane. Having the biggest clubs in the world duking it out to get, or keep, you. Sitting back being fed grapes pondering the offers and dismissing that which is deemed 'unworthy'. How many players can ever say they have Real Madrid bent over a barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.