Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

IrishRedDevil

You're right...we should be rotating our front 3 just like Liverpool does. Oh wait...
Liverpool have a surperior fitness department so I don’t follow your comparison? Our manager admitted Rashford had an injury and yet he still played him. Totally inept.

Roboc7

Idiotic from Ole, once again playing someone when they are injured. He is extremely short sighted in terms of his squad management and seems pretty clueless to n this regard.

Chairman Steve

The squad management is laughable. The squad gets gutted with no replacements, leaving us with stupidly low options but we still play people with injuries.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You can't blame Woodward for this, he gave Ole £130mil to spend and he chose to spend it on two defenders and a LW.
Our defense was more in need of signings than our front line. And we can forget about getting the most optimal price for anyone especially PL transfers.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Liverpool have a surperior fitness department so I don’t follow your comparison? Our manager admitted Rashford had an injury and yet he still played him. Totally inept.
He said he had a knock. If you aren't playing with a knock then you aren't playing hard enough. Rashford didn't go out and play injured. He played hurt. There's a big difference. But I get it...everyone wants to blame our coaching/medical staff for everything that happens at the club. Doesn't have anything to do with bad luck and poor play...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
In the interview on MUTV, he didn't mention timelines but said we had scans on weekend and waiting for results.

RedIan

Just seen Ole interviewed on sky, doesnt expect Rashford back for a few weeks. So when (not if) Martial gets injured, what are we left with up front? .... the inexperienced Greenwood and nothing else.

This squad is the most threadbare United squad ive seen in 45 years of following them.

Paul_Scholes18

It’s not luck. Our medical department is crap. Liverpool’s first team are never injured and they play every week.
Does anyone know how much we have tried to change the medical team? It has been crap for many years.
Surely managers bring fitness coaches with them or have influence over them?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
:lol: You know our club is run by inept morons right?

Anyone with half a brain would have offered Zlatan back, got Haaland over the line or recruited at least 2/3 more players in the summer.
It's not talked about but the biggest mistake has to be ibrahimovic telling the whole world that if man utd need him he's here. What does ole reply? 'if he wants to play he'll call me'

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
4 weeks till we play Chelsea with the 'winter' break before that game. Hopefully he'll only miss the league games against Burnley and Wolves at OT

GenZRed

OGS should be held to account for the lacks of depth in this squad, especially up front. Playing the same players week in and week out is not sustainable, especially younger ones like Rashford.

Don't give me 'it is all Woodward's fault' we spent over hundred million in the summer on the defence. UNLESS it is true that Woodward said 'No' to Fernandes, then this lies at OGS's door.

KennyBurner

If this is true we need to go for richarlison this window. Sort of a like for like replacement. I dont think we can depend on Daniel James to fill rashford goals.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. He isn’t a machine and deserves a good rest.

dove

He said he had a knock. If you aren't playing with a knock then you aren't playing hard enough. Rashford didn't go out and play injured. He played hurt. There's a big difference. But I get it...everyone wants to blame our coaching/medical staff for everything that happens at the club. Doesn't have anything to do with bad luck and poor play...
You can blame luck for so long... When we have so many muscular injuries in the past 10 years or so, I think the problem is way deeper than bad luck. Whether it's medical or fitness coaches not preparing players/managing their workload properly I don't know.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just Maguire left from what is probably our key 4 players that we really drop a level without. Rashford, McTominay, Pogba and Maguire I would say, the core of the middle.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
4 weeks till we play Chelsea with the 'winter' break before that game. Hopefully he'll only miss the league games against Burnley and Wolves at OT
Was about to ask about this. So the break will be after next weekend?

Josep Dowling

Just seen Ole interviewed on sky, doesnt expect Rashford back for a few weeks. So when (not if) Martial gets injured, what are we left with up front? .... the inexperienced Greenwood and nothing else.

This squad is the most threadbare United squad ive seen in 45 years of following them.
And yet we are still letting players go without bringing anyone in. I don’t get it at all.

Based Adnan

Something is seriously wrong with the medical department at this club. Rotten luck injuries wise for years.

mancan92

Its the medical teams job to give a call on a player. They should know where he is at. It shouldny be a situation like this. They should be able to anticipate these injuries worsening.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another player who has played his last game for us I presume.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Great that there's an opening for Greenwood now to really stake his claim for next season, but feck me how did they not see this coming. He's been injured for weeks.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Well thank feck we didn't get Haland in because the precedent it would set and shit. Also it's good we didn't get Bruno in either, bowing to Sporting who dare to raise the price up.

Time for Martial or Greenwood to get injured by overplaying now then but at least we're not looking like right mugs in the transfer market and everybody knows we're the mighty United who won't be fecked with.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was about to ask about this. So the break will be after next weekend?
1st Feb is when we play Wolves then it's 2 weeks till the Chelsea game on the Monday night

Godfather

Never worry! Woody surely has someone up his sleeve!

Hope Rash comes back soon. Huge blow

siw2007

Think the best we can hope for is him back after winter break.
This was always a risk of happening. Rashford has played a lot of games and worked his absolute socks off all season, recently he has scored goals but has carried a number of injuries which has effected his game. He was in desperate need for a rest but we continued playing him and the inevitable happened.

Greck

If it's true he was already injured I think Ole lost his nerve by bringing Rashford on. A panic sub. Like when we brought on an injured Lingard against Liverpool last season and had to sub him after 10 mins. Stop bringing on injured players

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It’s not luck. Our medical department is crap. Liverpool’s first team are never injured and they play every week.
They don't play in FA cup or League cup games.

A lot of our first team do.

But over all its caused by a lack of spending.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Its the medical teams job to give a call on a player. They should know where he is at. It shouldny be a situation like this. They should be able to anticipate these injuries worsening.
And if Ole kept Rashford on the bench and we lost to Wolves everyone would be calling for his head. He had a knock. He wasn't injured. If the medical staff told Ole that a players knock could become an injury and not to play them, then we would have nobody on the field...

GMoore23

You can't blame Woodward for this, he gave Ole £130mil to spend and he chose to spend it on two defenders and a LW.
Woodward has only given Ole 70m net in 2 1/2 transfer windows so far. Pittance nowadays. The rest was from player sales.
The Glazers and Woodward are 100% to blame for our current situation.

Last edited: