Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You can blame luck for so long... When we have so many muscular injuries in the past 10 years or so, I think the problem is way deeper than bad luck. Whether it's medical or fitness coaches not preparing players/managing their workload properly I don't know.
The bold part is the key part of your post...but I love how everyone speaks like they do know

Lee565

Did the same with Pogba. Didn't learn his lesson.
True, sheer f'ing mismanagement from the start of the season and up until now but I expected little more from a manager out of his depth.

The ole in brigade will defend Ole by saying he has had it bad this season with injuries but it's been his on bloody doing, he should have prioritised signing a midfielder and striker in the summer knowing how light we were going to be in them areas but no and then he rushed pogba back to play against rochdale and then throws rashford on knowing he had an issue with his back in a cup game where we looked relatively comfortable in securing the win anyway.

Greck

And if Ole kept Rashford on the bench and we lost to Wolves everyone would be calling for his head. He had a knock. He wasn't injured. If the medical staff told Ole that a players knock could become an injury and not to play them, then we would have nobody on the field...
Absolutely no one in their right mind would say that if they knew the player was injured. But Ole knew. Considering he aggravated the injury after 10 minutes the player probably shouldn't even have been on the bench. It seems a serious injury

JoaquinJoaquin

:lol: You know our club is run by inept morons right?

Anyone with half a brain would have offered Zlatan back, got Haaland over the line or recruited at least 2/3 more players in the summer.
I said it tongue in cheek for that very reason. Hell, try get Piatek on loan or something, just anything :D

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That Twitter guy was right then...

tob

This is a situation you could find yourself in when you're not backed on transfers.

We should spend the rest of the transfer window looking to get a new striker. If we can't buy one, try finding someone that could come in on loan for the rest of the season. There must be someone out there who could do a decent job.

arnie_ni

Absolute disgrace playing him the other night with the injury.

RUCK4444

I see the children are out in full force again throwing tantrums and blaming people for injuries.

The same people would have been after Ole‘s head if we had lost that Wolves game and he had left Rashford on the bench.

The tackle in the cup game was likely to have caused an injury regardless if he had a slight knock or not and there is no telling whatsoever if any underlying issue made his spell out worse.

Everyone is a doctor and wants the manager out when something doesn’t go out way.

Reddevildans

Absolutely shocking squad management from the whole club including ole. Down the bare bones once again. Not surprising at all. Weve had larger squads than this and suffered the same problem for about 7-8 seasons now.

el3mel

Imagine the fact some are defending the manager for playing a player who was struggling with knocks and wasn't fully fit in a useless cup game because we won the game. I imagine if Ole himself said it was a mistake from him, his supporters will still believe it wasn't.

Anustart89

Useless, inept fecking managagemt and medical department. Sick of this shit.

Overplaying players due to no suitable backup, resulting in injuries. Shocker.

Selling Lukaku and not replacing him has just blown up in their face. If I wasn’t a fan, I’d say they deserve it.
It's a fecking joke :lol:

Squad's depleted and lacking in numbers, everyone knows it, and we're going to end January not having increased the amount of players in the squad, and possibly even reducing it.

mancan92

So hes injured cause he was overplayed?
No hes injured because they knew he has had a problem for a while. Instead of them to anticipate an injury like they coming they didny manage it properly and just played until he eventually got the inevitable injury.

Ban

No hes injured because they knew he has had a problem for a while. Instead of them to anticipate an injury like they coming they didny manage it properly and just played until he eventually got the inevitable injury.
Any quote proving that?

DRM

This season is going from bad to worse

Superunknown

Rashford being out injured for a prolonged period of time when he's having his best ever season, when we've struggled to create chances and therefore score goals, when we're in a decent-ish league position after an inconsistent season, and when there's a transfer window that's open right now and we'll most likely not add to our numbers...it's about right for the club right now.

It's the hope that kills you.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We've got 16 days rest between the 1st Feb when we play Wolves and the 17th Feb when we play Chelsea, so if he is out for just weeks rather than months, the damage isn't as bad as there won't be as many games being played.
Oh I didn't even know we had a bit of break, hence the confused face.. as I were. Sorry.

Godfather

We've got 16 days rest between the 1st Feb when we play Wolves and the 17th Feb when we play Chelsea, so if he is out for just weeks rather than months, the damage isn't as bad as there won't be as many games being played.
Let's wait how long he's out for. I have a bad feeling.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wow, I can't see how you can excuse that sort of man management at this level. You can't be learning not to play injured players using Pogba and Rashford to learn your lesson. Disgusting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And Ole and other key stakeholders taught it was a good idea to refuse the Haland deal. Maybe we can get Mazudic for a year and sell him for nothing
Cool narrative, really taps into the negativity around here.

Ole personally travelled to Austria to persuade Haaland to join us. We could easily match the finances but Raiola and Haaland’s handlers decided Dortmund was the best place for him to learn his trade at this point I’m his career.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Cool narrative, really taps into the negativity around here.

Ole personally travelled to Austria to persuade Haaland to join us. We could easily match the finances but Raiola and Haaland’s handlers decided Dortmund was the best place for him to learn his trade at this point I’m his career.
So Ole, a fellow countryman and I believe a manager he has played under couldn’t lure him to one of the biggest club in the world. Recruitment is a key factor in getting back on top of Europe and if our manager can’t recruit one of his fellow countrymen, what does that say about our other target? We will have to overpay just to get them to want to be here? Or we will have to find average players and hope we can turn them good.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So Ole, a fellow countryman and I believe a manager he has played under couldn’t lure him to one of the biggest club in the world. Recruitment is a key factor in getting back on top of Europe and if our manager can’t recruit one of his fellow countrymen, what does that say about our other target? We will have to overpay just to get them to want to be here? Or we will have to find average players and hope we can turn them good.
Thats for another discussion, we know the position the club is currently in and Haaland and his advisers believe he will have a better opportunity to develop there. Objectively speaking they are probably right, a ready made attack to slip into in a league with much lower quality defending.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Fitness has been a major concern for a long long while, going into Fergie days where we'd somehow get 9 defenders injured at once.

Having said that, it's pure incompetency from the management to play half-fit players. Aggravated injury of Pogba by playing him v Rochdale and Arsenal, did the same with Maguire at Wolves, followed it up with Rashford v Wolves.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Rashford has had a stress fracture for a few weeks yet we've been playing him through it? Idiots. Credit to how good Rashford has been, but fecking hell. Out for a few months now. Hope we somehow stay in the Europa League.

Siorac

It was really stupid to send him on against Wolves. I still can't understand why we did it; it was obvious in previous games that sometimes he was playing through the pain.

Castia

Terrible management.

Similar situation to Pogba, out for months needlessly.

Gutted for Rashford he’s moved up a level and was on coarse for 25+ goals this season.