Rashford considering his future...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
After Bruno contract bs, if we reward him and Shaw with new contract after this season then we havent learnt our lesson
Bruno has his flaws and his confidence is totally shot but at least he works his socks off and under ETH I have no doubts he’ll return to being a chance creating machine. This lazy bugger however there is no hope for. Needs to be booted out of the club.

allen7

I’m feeling that he had reached an agreement with Arsenal unofficially. Announcement like He’ll take a wage cut to revive his career or something on those lines.

I’m just sensing it by some events occurred over last few months not just yesterday.

Samid

The only difference between his performances now and then, is that he was getting the goals to mask over how poor his performances really were. Now, his performance levels and overall contribution have gone down, he's also not getting the goals to cover it up anymore. People are finally seeing him for what he really is as a player.
For sure. First month or so under interim Ole was the last time he had performances that actually backed up his goals. Ever since he has been awful and we’ve been hearing excuses galore. “Been run into the ground”, “playing through injuries” and other nonsense. His loyal supporters also tried playing the “had no pre season” card this season but at this stage I think even they have realised that the guy is busted flush.

We really need to stop overhyping our young players. At one stage this fanbase was comparing him to Mbappe and they were worried by the ‘reports’ that Barca wanted him for 200m (a story probably created by his own PR team).

crossy1686

career ending
He’s in big trouble next season when all the lightning rods leave. He’s only got away with things so far because there are others that are worse than him. Everything he does next season will be heavily scrutinised.

Samid

He’s in big trouble next season when all the lightning rods leave. He’s only got away with things so far because there are others that are worse than him. Everything he does next season will be heavily scrutinised.
Hope we don't let it get to that stage. He has 1+1 years left on his contract which 100 % means he will be getting a bumper deal if he's still here next season. That would make him unsellable for the next 5 years and he'll basically be the new Lingard.

This summer is the time to cash in and recoup some money while he's still youngish. Get some suckers to pay £50m.

Chairman Steve

I’d look to cash out this summer too if possible. He’ll have extraordinary pressure on him to perform next season if he stays. Most casual observers of United who don’t support or follow United are catching on that his stats and performances this season are trash, and worst of all his lack of effort and attitude sucks now.

Let’s not forget he is on £200k a week here and has almost 350 professional games club and country. When you earn that much, you can’t just sit on the bench every week. You’re basically in the realm of ‘perform or go’. You can’t just fade back into the pack like if you were one of the mid earners.

studs

Does this mean one on one training? How would Ten hag have time for that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
His PR team does earn their money, gotta give it to them.

Man is considering working for his new boss, if their visions align.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So, Markooz, heh? All what je haf to do, is *** what I say, heh? Exactely, what I say, heh? Den, you again can be being a really gewd and top, top player, ja? Simpel.

TypeR

There is a feeling that every player, if they’re prepared to buy into the boss’s coaching, will benefit immensely from it.

fallengt

Has he done considering yet?
Not many big clubs would want him. Just saying... in case he's still unsure.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Beckham’s PR game was streets ahead of Rashford and he probably was a more prolific fundraiser for good cause by the time he was the same age now.

Not for a second would anyone accept months of playing like he didn’t give a shit because his UNICEF work meant he was a “nice guy”. Or speculate that we needed to cut him some slack as he had a lot on his mind. Or go “awww, maybe Beckham has fallen out of love with football the poor lamb”

Ronaldo out runs him at 37 and yet still so many people relent from calling him a complete disgrace and for me that epitomises our decline.
Shouldn't even put them in the same sentence.

Beckham was the antithesis of Rashford. His work rate was off the charts as well as his overall team work. Unfortunately, Rashford has decided to try and become a Ronaldo when someone like a Beckham was a much better fit for him.

Now that lingard has left, could he once again ground himself and carry on with his primary job as a footballer? Or is he gonna release another book or something

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Beckham was the antithesis of Rashford. His work rate was off the charts as well as his overall team work.
Yes - and if we're brutally honest, his talent was on another level too.

Beckham had extreme qualities that were...extreme. Historically great, even. Rashford hasn't ever displayed even a hint of anything like that.

I've said it before: if Rashford turns out, in the end, to be a great 12th man for United - we should be happy.

It isn't likely that he'll ever become a world beater - he doesn't have a single standout trait which makes this likely.

Anyway - done with the bashing. If ETH can get him back to being a productive wide forward - of some kind - I'll be more than pleased with that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yes - and if we're brutally honest, his talent was on another level too.

Beckham had extreme qualities that were...extreme. Historically great, even. Rashford hasn't ever displayed even a hint of anything like that.

I've said it before: if Rashford turns out, in the end, to be a great 12th man for United - we should be happy.

It isn't likely that he'll ever become a world beater - he doesn't have a single standout trait which makes this likely.

Anyway - done with the bashing. If ETH can get him back to being a productive wide forward - of some kind - I'll be more than pleased with that.
Yeah I'm banking on ETH getting a tune out of him myself. I personally haven't rated Rashford since he broke onto the scene as anything too special. He was always hit and run. I think if he had worked on attributes like work rate and simple decision making he could have been a very useful squad player.

Hoping the future is different but I think he'll end up in a lower table premier league club soon enough

allen7

Pogba, Lingard departures should be a warning for rashford. This club is not going to carry players based on reputation anymore.

Greck

A feeling by who? feck him off
I expect we will find out coaching alone isn't why limited players are limited. RR might have been a shite manager but he had nothing to do with Marcus passing to defenders from pointblank distance. The football equivalent of having close to zero instinct. The likes of Sancho are the ones who will benefit from network passing because they already developed an aptitude beyond blasting the ball when in doubt.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pogba, Lingard departures should be a warning for rashford. This club is not going to carry players based on reputation anymore.
I don't get my hopes up. Rashford seems to be in a bubble where no reality check can burst it

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
At a time when we are going to be clearing out 8/9/10+ players, it won’t be surprising at all if the club have no intention of letting Rashford go and I expect ten Hag to be absolutely fine with that. He will have seen what Rashford has been capable of in the past and will be keen to see if he can get him back to that level. Failing that he will remain a backup and push for a move and we will get a transfer fee.

I don’t think Rashford has half the capital right now he thinks he has and the club will hopefully recognise that when they offer him a new deal.
The caf is split on whether or not he's worth keeping which is fair enough but unless you're deranged ( not you personally) I don't think one of us thinks he deserves a new contract never mind an improved one. Hopefully it's all just media talk because that would really sour my goodwill I currently have for the club.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The caf is split on whether or not he's worth keeping which is fair enough but unless you're deranged ( not you personally) I don't think one of us thinks he deserves a new contract never mind an improved one. Hopefully it's all just media talk because that would really sour my goodwill I currently have for the club.
You have goodwill towards the club?
Please explain - I gotta hear this.

And just to remind you, this is the form table, based on the last 6 matches of the season. 16th place (out of 20 teams).
Our last match was against Crystal Palace...which we lost.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You have goodwill towards the club?
Please explain - I gotta hear this.
Maybe goodwill was the wrong choice of word when positivity may have been more apt. It's the first time in more than a decade I've felt that the club is finally getting on the right track.

A big shake up in important positions. Woodward, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Cavani, Mata finally off. Finally having the type of manager the majority of us want. Of course it may all go wrong but for now my positivity is outweighing my negativity which hasn't happened in a long time.

Idxomer

These are two players who are leaving on free and were offered new contracts in the last 12 months.

fps

Shouldn't even put them in the same sentence.

Beckham was the antithesis of Rashford. His work rate was off the charts as well as his overall team work. Unfortunately, Rashford has decided to try and become a Ronaldo when someone like a Beckham was a much better fit for him.

Now that lingard has left, could he once again ground himself and carry on with his primary job as a footballer? Or is he gonna release another book or something
Look, at a certain point it's unkind to compare players. Like how people always compared Rooney and Ronaldo, and then Ronaldo took off to be one of the greatest of all-time. Beckham was a better player than Rashford, and that's fine. Two players can work to get to their full potential, and one will be better than the other. Beckham was a better player than Park too, but no-one says Park didn't try. As far as anyone can tell, Rashford is incredibly dedicated to his football. There's simply a false conflation when someone's performance drops off and they also have a lot of other things on.

As for the report that he could benefit from Ten Hag's style, well that's just United's players all getting another year and another chance. Enough. Time to sell Rashford and several others straight out the gate.

stw2022

He doesn’t “feed children”. He attached his name to an existing campaign to get govt to reverse an specific policy decision to stop extension of free school meals for kids when they were at home during lockdown. And fair play that campaign he joined worked and the publicity he gave to that campaign was very influential in its success. Crucial maybe.

But feck me he’s surely dined out on that enough now?

Just imagine Fergie’s face if Beckham played like he wasn’t arsed and excused it by pointing to a successful charity drive he joined two years before

Southgate and eventually Rangnick both seem to have come to the same conclusion - he’s a peripheral rather than star talent. And there’s nothing wrong with accepting that.

Last edited:

Bestietom

If he is judged on last season performances, it will be hard finding a club who will pay the wages he receives here. If he wants out, let him off. Ten Hag will find him out soon enough.

Eli Zee

He has so much talent, but that's not always enough. I think his mental game is very much lacking. He makes bad/questionable decisions for too often.

If we want to dominate games with him in the team, he needs to adapt his game, or accept his position as a super sub. He's fast, has an eye for goal, etc.. but probably not quite as useful in a system where we want to dominate teams rather than counter.

salfordlad

He has speed and occasionally a good shot but his first touch is awful and his ability to link up is non-existent sometimes. Nowhere near the natural talent that Martial had. Unfortunately neither one of them seems arsed to give it a go these days.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If he was to leave that would mean that every single player starting in the 2017 el final would be gone from the club.

ryansgirl

David Beckham did get carried away off the pitch when he started to appear everywhere in non sporting mags and his relationship with Victoria was continually and annoyingly plastered everywhere courtesy of his and hers PR. They both didn`t realise that you can`t summon the media and use the paparazzi when it suits you then expect them to go away when you don`t want them around.

One of David`s most cynical actions was to use his England captaincy and the kit in photo sessions for his own money making ventures - he was not given official permission to be photographed in the kit and use his captaincy for self-enrichment when he went on a personal Asian promotional tour but Sven was then the manager of England and proved rather weak when it came to imposing standards for all players equally.

I don`t think those posters that call Marcus `a disgrace` and get bent out of shape because he is on social media and has a high profile off the pitch including promoting sponsors` products are logical given his branding hasn`t even followed the Beckham examples given above.

However, nobody could accuse David Beckham of not standing up and being counted on the pitch especially when the going got tough. He always covered an amazing amount of pitch space, worked his guts out, could be trusted to win the ball and win it back, made opportunities for his team mates even when things weren`t going his and United`s way and never dropped his head despite the vile taunts that included the worst post-World Cup when he had that rash moment of a minor leg movement towards the Argentinian opponent who had been doing him dirty.

I`m a huge fan of Marcus but he does lack the resilience and grit shown by club legends such as David and Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Tap

Beckham’s PR game was streets ahead of Rashford and he probably was a more prolific fundraiser for good cause by the time he was the same age now.

Not for a second would anyone accept months of playing like he didn’t give a shit because his UNICEF work meant he was a “nice guy”. Or speculate that we needed to cut him some slack as he had a lot on his mind. Or go “awww, maybe Beckham has fallen out of love with football the poor lamb”

Ronaldo out runs him at 37 and yet still so many people relent from calling him a complete disgrace and for me that epitomises our decline.
The overly sentimental, forgiving and vain fanbase is as much to blame as the incompetent board for the club’s decline into mediocrity.

Blood Mage

If he doesn't agree with Ten Hag's vision he can feck right off. We should be binning him anyway, disgrace of a player.

Piabetic

I just can't see how he fits into a Ten Hag team, not that I have all that much insight into how he will play but I would really hope that he sticks the his core principals and doesn't try to adapt too much to accommodate the club favourites. He is a player that has little awareness and is very wasteful in possession and has either shown no real interest in expanding his game or just isn't capable.

I think the usage of Rashford will be quite telling under Ten Hag. Will he sign a direct replacement for him? Will he feature in the team game after game whilst delivering nothing? Ten Hag sounds like a guy that wont accept compromises to the detriment of his team and I hope that proves to be the case. Someone said he could be the next Lingard if he gets offered a new deal, I can totally see that happening. He should tell his PR team to wind their necks in and get his head down but I can see them going into overdrive with the spin when he has hardly featured after a handful of games and the transfer window nears its closure.

Seij

The overly sentimental, forgiving and vain fanbase is as much to blame as the incompetent board for the club’s decline into mediocrity.
100% agreed. I hope we're starting to see the end of "he's a loyal servant/local lad/good guy, let him stay" sentiments for any of our players.