• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sell, currently.

If he's not willing to humble himself. Start working hard, giving 100% every match, tracking back to not become a liability, as the minimum.

Basically the opposite of him now. Even as a local lad.

Then he's taking the Michael, and I would gladly see him go tomorrow.

Jackal981

Sell. On top of his crap performance week in week out, his attitude stinks like a pile of dung

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Sell. We can’t keep rewarding poor performances. He hasn’t shown improvement over the years as well. Decision making and consistency still as shit if not worse compared to when he first broke through, has become lazier and seems like football is not his focus.

gajender

Ideally sell come summer but if he can prove that he can contribute at good level then offer him take it or leave it highly incentivised appearance and performance based 3 + 1 year contract with base salary that of a Squad option which should not be more than 100K .

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Loan like Martial. Get him back if he shows improvements. But I don't think he would accept it.

JeffFromHK

Definitely sell him. His stock will only get lower and lower the longer he stays, like Jones and Martial.

His heart is gone, I don't think there is any possibility that he will turn around. You have to accept that some players peak early at early 20s and they will never been as good at their supposed peak age of 25-28 - see Owen, Palotelli, Pato, Adriano etc. Rashford peaked at 21/22 and I can gamble that he will never score more than 17 league goals in PL in any future seasons anymore.

Nickelodeon

If we have to choose, then sell. Otherwise, can keep him around for the new manager. New contract would be ridiculous though.

Jackal981

PR team working full time. As predictable as the sunrise. Only if he could work on the pitch as hard as his PR staffs. I dont understand why keep bringing this over and over. You did a good thing in the past why keep bringing it up over and over. Makes you question his motive. We dont see other players who had done good charity work all the time keep bringing stuff up (ex: Ronaldo).

Last edited:

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Not good value for the return. There are too many Utd players on world-class money when they are not even close to that standard. It is time to operate the club properly and pay extra for gifted consistent leaders only

finneh

He is paid 250K p.w isn't he? I'd prefer to give him a year on loan but at those wages I don't see how he can justify an extension.
This is the problem as we aren't talking about an option of an extension on a salary commensurate to his performances, for example maybe £100k per week.

The option is commit ourselves to a £60m contract until he's nearly 30, a contract that would mean it would be extremely difficult to sell him in the future unless his performances show a miraculous improvement; or we sell him for maybe £40-50m whilst there will be a couple of clubs that hopefully see the last couple of seasons as an injury blighted, confidence related blip.

The problem with the former option, other than the £100m+ opportunity cost, is that I can't recall an outfield player ever having such a lengthy period of awful form and without moving clubs having a dramatic improvement.

Mainoldo

Where’s the poll?? He’s getting more protection than Ole on here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

PR team working full time. As predictable as the sunrise. Only if he could work on the pitch as hard as his PR staffs. I dont understand why keep bringing this over and over. You did a good thing in the past why keep bringing it up over and over. Makes you question his motive. We dont see other players who had done good charity work all the time keep bringing stuff up (ex: Ronaldo).
He didn't just do one thing though

Telsim

2 years isn't "a spell of bad form". He just isn't as good as many people think he is. And he can no longer be bothered to even try. On 250k/week? Ridiculous!

Sell. Start bargaining at 80M, then sell him at 50M. No one in their would pay more than that for this guy.

But I know he will get a new contract though, because this club is a joke.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Sell because I think we can get decent money for him. Still young, high marketing value and I think he's quite rated on the continent who don't watch United very often.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'd be more inclined to renew in the hopes of him recapturing form if he were to accept lower wages on the new contract, but I can't see that happening so, right now, it looks like the best option would be to sell.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
none of us can predict the future and know whether he’d win trophies, but I personally would keep him.

I don’t think it’s a surprise the standard of clubs that are mooted to be interested in taking him off us.

Id go if I was him, feck the fans that turned on him as soon as he started to play poorly.
Well you know the supposed interest seriously lacks credibility.

Fans turning on him as soon as he started playing poorly simply isn't what happened. It's taken a considerable length of time.

gajender

Sell because I think we can get decent money for him. Still young, high marketing value and I think he's quite rated on the continent who don't watch United very often.
Just because his PR team seem to be briefing that doesn't mean it's true, it's just seem to be tactic to bring United to negotiation table nothing else first it was Mitten who put it out there that Rashford wouldn't be averse to moving but United didn't bite now it's another brief despite his own dismal performances lack of self awareness is simply baffling to be honest from Rashford's camp .

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
Imagine being a manager at a football club looking to purchase a striker. Would you look for ability and value? If the answer is yes then you wouldn’t be in the market for Rashford. He will need to take a huge pay cut if he wants a move.

ROFLUTION

What an arrogant post. If you do something good for the community, of course it's okay it bring it up and spread the word as it might lead to more donations. Of course it can be used as a PR exercise, but Rashford has done so much. I don't know you, but your comment seems very armchair, from a perspective who just sees it as football and donating as a mean to sportswash. That's just way too simplistic for me, when we're talking about a player who in general have given so much to society.

I think Rashford's lost it at United, but credit where it's due. Very few footballers do charity and especially on that scale.

wolvored

I don't see how the club can offer a new contract as surely they can't offer more than the 250k a week, for the same shit he serves every time he plays, and his ego wouldn't accept a cut to stay.
For me the only option is to sell while his stock is still fairly decent, unless in the next 9 games he dramatically improves.
You can bet if he moves on he will accept a lower contract though, as I can't see him bring offered more than the one he is on now.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Sell. I've not been happy with his performances and effort for a long time, even when he was getting some goals. Now that we're not a counter attacking team where he's simply an outlet that can loiter on the shoulder of defenders whilst the rest of the team defends, his deficiencies have been laid bare.

There are much better players out there who I would imagine would cost us half what we could get for Rashford. The only thing that makes me think we'll double down and give him a bumper deal is the fact that we have a massive rebuild on our hands without having to find another player to replace him.

But him and Pogba should be gone this summer and a more realistic wage bill put in place that makes players earn these sort of wages first.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If the contract is based on performance bonus and isnt huge, then i would want Rashford to stay. There is a player in there but there is huge question mark on his attitude and motivation.

If he wants guarantees and large contract, then i wouldn’t mind letting him go.
Are there many contracts out that are performance based?

GBBQ

Warren Joyce mentioned before about how some of the youngsters don’t apply themselves in the same way once they break through to the first team. Generally it’s because they’re living the good life. But I wonder if Rashford is spending more time on writing books and activism that he doesn’t spend as much time on the training ground.

It’s not a case of stick to the football, just genuinely curious if you can be an elite pro and be hands on with so many side projects at the same time. It would be great if he could juggle it all as it’s inspirational what he is doing.

soapythecat

It will be neither. New manager won’t sell until he’s had a spell with him. There is a history that suggests there is a very good player in there too.
I’m baffled why he gets so much time in the pitch when he plays so poorly - you have to think he trains very well. If that’s the case, there must be a mental block or something that needs addressing - surely this can be done?
Given our lack of option up top, will Rashford be our solution next season when Cavani and Ronaldo have departed? I don’t see him leaving anytime soon but I don’t see how his agent can look for a new contract at this time.

RatPack

I would say sell.
But we cannot sell due to his high wage unless we aske for less that 10m.
No other club will pay that wage and I highly doubt he will drop his wage demand.
He will end up running his contract out and changing club like the rest.

Smores

It will be neither. New manager won’t sell until he’s had a spell with him. There is a history that suggests there is a very good player in there too.
I’m baffled why he gets so much time in the pitch when he plays so poorly - you have to think he trains very well. If that’s the case, there must be a mental block or something that needs addressing - surely this can be done?
Given our lack of option up top, will Rashford be our solution next season when Cavani and Ronaldo have departed? I don’t see him leaving anytime soon but I don’t see how his agent can look for a new contract at this time.
I keep seeing this logic that there's a player in there but players go off the rails all the time. Considering his injuries too there's a very real possibility he'll never recover and he knows it.

I'd give him another season and hope with a preseason and more instruction that he turns it around. To be useful he'll need to develop several new sides to his game.

stw2022

What an arrogant post. If you do something good for the community, of course it's okay it bring it up and spread the word as it might lead to more donations. Of course it can be used as a PR exercise, but Rashford has done so much. I don't know you, but your comment seems very armchair, from a perspective who just sees it as football and donating as a mean to sportswash. That's just way too simplistic for me, when we're talking about a player who in general have given so much to society.

I think Rashford's lost it at United, but credit where it's due. Very few footballers do charity and especially on that scale.
Not sure that’s true. Many footballers spend much of their time doing charity work. You only have to be on any random footballer’s instagram account and once a week they’re publicising charity work they’re doing for their own cause or something they’re doing as part of their club responsibilities.

Rashford really didn’t invent footballers doing stuff for charity, everyone just acts like he did. Most seem to manage it without it resulting in two years of absurd speculation about their mental health because they can’t be arsed to track back

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’d offer him a new deal on £100k a week with enough incentives to boost his salary to £200k a week if he meets certain goal and assist criteria over a season.

I still think he can turn it around but to be rewarded with a £200k-£300k a week contract you need to be performing at a consistent world class level.

If he can’t understand that, then sell him this summer.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Are there many contracts out that are performance based?
I think we are moving towards performance based contracts. Pogba deal that is offered is one such example. 400k but base salary is much lower.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
New contract on reduced wages or sell him this summer. It’s poor timing as we’re already short on forwards but in this current form he’s not good enough anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.