Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

Thought it seemed like bollocks.

So, they're publishing barefaced lies as fact, then?
The whole article is weird says he's signed a bumper new contract and then quoted United's official Twitter where they says we've triggered his extension. Genuinely don't know of a instance where a extension is triggered and the player gets a wage increase but could be wrong. The figures thrown out are sus though.

Dion

The poll needs resetting to save the 85% looking thick....
Everyone who voted to sell should be demoted to the newbies and forced to write a public letter of apology explaining their actions, yeah even g_b, no exceptions!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's back. Surely that's that. New contract, obviously.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Perhaps it's just me but I think he has bulked up recently. He did well holding off a few defenders in the first half
You don't need to be the Rock to hold people off. It's about balance and agility. If Salah can do it, Rashford definitely can

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

Everyone who voted to sell should be demoted to the newbies and forced to write a public letter of apology explaining their actions, yeah even g_b, no exceptions!
This would be top and a model to follow in future when posters get it horribly wrong.

cyberman

I know you dont drop Kane but remember Southgate dropped the most in form player in the league for the World Cup. There had to be a way to play him in

Rightnr

You'll fit right in with some of the mods

Rolaholic

I know you dont drop Kane but remember Southgate dropped the most in form player in the league for the World Cup. There had to be a way to play him in
Subbed on his top scorer after 85 mins in a match that was more than there for the taking...will never forgive Soutgate for that.

Upamecano would've been run ragged by Rashford during his disasterclass that match

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The poll needs to stay here forever as a useful reminder that 85% of the caf talk shite and know fek all about football.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Glad to see he’s enjoying football again. Never doubted him. Great player on and off the field.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The poll needs to stay here forever as a useful reminder that 85% of the caf talk shite and know fek all about football.
Not a bad shout, but I would qualify that as 85% of the keyboard warriors on the caf.

I never answered the poll because I simply couldn't be arsed reading this thread. Title was enough as a health and sanity warning.

Steve Bruce

I'm glad he's starting to play well for United, it's the best he's played for 18-24 months.

I don't think anyone who voted to sell was wrong in the sense they have looked at how Rashford has performed over the last 2 seasons and he was miles away from the level required and with having a year left we will get something for him.

What has happened since then is Rashford went on a fitness training regime on the off season, put the effort in in training and is following ETHs instructions and now he's getting a run of good form and hopefully we'll see this consistency for years to come.

Hindsight is 20/20 so it's easy to say the 85% where wrong and 15% would have given a contract, they where using blind faith because there where no signs he was going to get back to his best.

Ultimately though any United fan worth their salt are just happy we're seeing a resurgence of Rashford and long may it continue

cyberman

I'm glad he's starting to play well for United, it's the best he's played for 18-24 months.

I don't think anyone who voted to sell was wrong in the sense they have looked at how Rashford has performed over the last 2 seasons and he was miles away from the level required and with having a year left we will get something for him.

What has happened since then is Rashford went on a fitness training regime on the off season, put the effort in in training and is following ETHs instructions and now he's getting a run of good form and hopefully we'll see this consistency for years to come.

Hindsight is 20/20 so it's easy to say the 85% where wrong and 15% would have given a contract, they where using blind faith because there where no signs he was going to get back to his best.

Ultimately though any United fan worth their salt are just happy we're seeing a resurgence of Rashford and long may it continue
It’s not blind faith though, last season had a lot going on at our club and he just came off of two 20 goal seasons before that. There was a lot of confirmation bias at play with this poll, it didn’t need a leap of faith to suggest he could return to being a phenomenal inside forward since he already was one before

Steve Bruce

It’s not blind faith though, last season had a lot going on at our club and he just came off of two 20 goal seasons before that. There was a lot of confirmation bias at play with this poll, it didn’t need a leap of faith to suggest he could return to being a phenomenal inside forward since he already was one before
His second 20 goal season his performances where poor albeit he scored (or is stats all that matter?) Last season his performances weren't much worse but he didn't score.

Since his back injury he's never came close to the level he was until this season.

I'm delighted he's doing the business again but your not going to convince me anyone had a logical reason to extend Rashfords contract in the summer past on a long term contract on 250k - 350k a week.

If anything the 3rd option should have applied in activate his year and see how he progresses this season. I think the poll would look much different and the 3rd option would have been the most logical to make

cyberman

His second 20 goal season his performances where poor albeit he scored (or is stats all that matter?) Last season his performances weren't much worse but he didn't score.

Since his back injury he's never came close to the level he was until this season.

I'm delighted he's doing the business again but your not going to convince me anyone had a logical reason to extend Rashfords contract in the summer past on a long term contract on 250k - 350k a week.

If anything the 3rd option should have applied in activate his year and see how he progresses this season. I think the poll would look much different and the 3rd option would have been the most logical to make
He was a lot better in his 20 goal seasons. He and Shaw, in particular, were fantastic down the left side. You don’t score 23 odd goals in spite of yourself.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was a lot better in his 20 goal seasons. He and Shaw, in particular, were fantastic down the left side. You don’t score 23 odd goals in spite of yourself.
2019/20 season?
out of 22 goals scored 16 came in 2019. As soon as 2020 started he went to shit and has just recently started showing the performances from back then.
He's been abysmal for almost 2 and a half years

Rightnr

Not a bad shout, but I would qualify that as 85% of the keyboard warriors on the caf.

I never answered the poll because I simply couldn't be arsed reading this thread. Title was enough as a health and sanity warning.
How some of you manage to get any sunlight when you're so far up your behind is truly a marvel of nature.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
How some of you manage to get any sunlight when you're so far up your behind is truly a marvel of nature.
To save you looking, yes he's in the 85%. You are no longer allowed an opinion. Go sit in the corner.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It’s so alarming that 85% of the Caf believed we should sell him. I called those people idiots then and I’ll call them idiots now. People have the patience and attention span of insects, by and large.

Rightnr

To save you looking, yes he's in the 85%. You are no longer allowed an opinion. Go sit in the corner.
Who the feck are you exactly? My word, some of you belong in Musk's Twitter paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.