Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It concerns me that his general play still isn’t at the required level and it is more noticing when he can’t get on the score sheet
It's why I never agreed with those saying he was in the best form of his career or other such comments. His all round game was much better in 19/20. He's scored more goals this time around, but in a significant amount of those games he's actually been quite poor other than the goal. Not all, but certainly more than what I would have liked.

SAFMUTD

He was anonymous for another game. His form has slowed down and if he's not scoring he doesn't contributes much. Worrying as he's the only one scoring regularly for us.

DownRiver

Terrible footballer. Todays performance is why we wanted him to be sold last season.

-Supreme-

It's why I never agreed with those saying he was in the best form of his career or other such comments. His all round game was much better in 19/20. He's scored more goals this time around, but in a significant amount of those games he's actually been quite poor other than the goal. Not all, but certainly more than what I would have liked.
Yep, and for me we need our attacking players that can deliver a far better job at progressing play and goals will eventually spread out across the team once we start creating chances.

Quagmire Maguire

This is what gets me. When he is out of the game he just walks around hoping other people run for him.

Martial was defending as a 6 when Rashford was just strolling back on the wing at some point.

Good player when on form and when idiotic opposition give him space, but overall gameplay and game IQ is very average.
Certainly not worth the wages we pay him, and god help us with what we about to pay him!

Hughie77

Today I thought he was sleeping .. bloody awful but there were a lot that were awful...

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
This is why I got so annoyed on this at some people calling fans who voted to sell Rashford clueless idiots.

We were told that dismissing the guy as a dud (18 months of shocking form) was pathetic given what he had done previously and his current world beating play (5 months of good form) showed that the bad form was everybody's fault but his. Bad coaching, bad managers, bad teammates, bad press, bad girlfriend :lol:.

Facts are Rashford is an inconsistent player due to his limited skillset. What he does well ( running and shooting) keeps him on top form if the goals are going in but if the goals dry up you get todays Rashford. Basically offered nothing.

I do think he has improved a lot under ETH and we need him going forward but for those who think we should given him the contract reserved for the absolute elite are seeing something I'm not.

Lecland07

Don't think people will have to be worried about this question. I'm convinced he will leave this summer.

There will be a lot of 'why did we let him go?' questions on here once he starts scoring for fun in another side.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Him,Sancho,Martial,Antony and Bruno just won't deliver us the league. We need a whole new attack. So I'd sell him because there isn't any point in having him as a squad player on big wages.

Lecland07

Why are you convinced he will leave?
Reports say he already rejected PSG.
I just get the feeling he wants to be in a side that is more likely to actually challenge for titles. At the moment, we still look quite a long way from challenging for the Premier League, and we haven't exactly shown that we can do it in the past decade. It doesn't give you confidence.

Then again, a change of ownership may have a bearing.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
One bad game and it's back to selling him. Redcafe logic.
No surprises there.

I just get the feeling he wants to be in a side that is more likely to actually challenge for titles. At the moment, we still look quite a long way from challenging for the Premier League, and we haven't exactly shown that we can do it in the past decade. It doesn't give you confidence.

Then again, a change of ownership may have a bearing.
I think that all he's done on and off the pitch showed he loves the club, the city and would remain here as long as he is still wanted.

Strootman's Finger

Don't think people will have to be worried about this question. I'm convinced he will leave this summer.

There will be a lot of 'why did we let him go?' questions on here once he starts scoring for fun in another side.
His name, brand and image are intrinsically linked with United, he will never leave United.

Strootman's Finger

He needs to start scoring again, goals covered for the fact that he's not a particularly good footballer other than scoring goals.

Son

Rashford is a great footballer if we had a team that could mix it up in attack giving him space. Our attack is so poor other than him.

We are relying on Bruno to do everything creative so he resorts to hitting Hollywood balls all the time so we lose possession too.

PSG have the same problem. Against Bayern it really showed when they can just crowd Messi which isolated Mbappe completely. Super easy win.

You turn great players into ghosts when working as a pressing unit never mind the fact bang average teams can do it to us and PSG too. We don’t need Bayern to embarrass us :lol:

Barcelona let us play funnily enough and paid for it. Some teams know better.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I believe that's called 'doing a Ronaldo'

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The Napoli new Maradona did shit vs AC Milan = sell him.

feck these fans man.

Liverpool will always have the better fanbase.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sell or keep but understand he is a limited player. That doesn't mean he is bad but he has his limits and is very dependent on the situation. In a title winning team he is a rotational player, not because he's bad but because his strengths only apply in certain conditions. That makes him very valuable as well.

Strootman's Finger

The Napoli new Maradona did shit vs AC Milan = sell him.

feck these fans man.

Liverpool will always have the better fanbase.
I want to preface this by saying I do like Rashford and I am happy for him to start scoring again and the team doing well and him winning personal accolades like golden boot or even balon d'or and for that to continue and him and United have a fruitful relationship.

Having said that, attitudes like yours are ridiculous. People aren't saying Rashford had one bad game, knives out, get rid of Rashford. No, people are basing their opinions on the fact that prior to this season he had a really poor 18 months. not only in regards to performance, but maybe even more so, attitude. Now I am sure you will see things through your fanboy glasses and won't admit he was poor, but he was, it's not even up for debate, he was poor. You might make excuses, Ralf was a bad manager, and the whole season was a write off, but last season didn't need to be a write off, it only become that because the players were so poor and had such bad attitudes, and Rashford was probably top in both categories. And I am frankly sick of people excusing the players for the poor season when they were the cause of the poor season. And this season he has been scoring a lot, and there was a patch in Jan/Feb where even when he wasn't scoring his presence on the ball put fear into the opposition and he was having an overall affect on the game. But in the last couple months, while his goals have dried up a bit, he is being exposed as not really adding much beyond scoring. And now we are seeing glimpses of that attitude from last season.

I used to be the type of fan that had favorite players and players I didn't like and I would get into divisive agenda based arguments, but I took a couple years away from watching a couple years ago, and when I came back I had a totally different attitude, I support any and all of our players, I don't have favs per see, but more so, there isn't a player on the team I don't support and don't want to see succeed. I like Rashford, and probably more than some other players because he's one of our own, but he is not above criticism, and I will criticize him when required and it won't be based on one game. And people need to stop viewing every criticism of their favorite player as a personal attack.

Son

Sell or keep but understand he is a limited player. That doesn't mean he is bad but he has his limits and is very dependent on the situation. In a title winning team he is a rotational player, not because he's bad but because his strengths only apply in certain conditions. That makes him very valuable as well.
100% Haaland and Mbappe are limited players too but it’s how you use them. Oshimen is super limited he only touches the ball a few times a game too.

Imagine if we sold the one player who reliably scores goals in our squad? I would rather a player who tends to score when they play poorly than players who play poor and never score.

Which is basically the rest of our forward options excluding Rashford.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want to preface this by saying I do like Rashford and I am happy for him to start scoring again and the team doing well and him winning personal accolades like golden boot or even balon d'or and for that to continue and him and United have a fruitful relationship.

Having said that, attitudes like yours are ridiculous. People aren't saying Rashford had one bad game, knives out, get rid of Rashford. No, people are basing their opinions on the fact that prior to this season he had a really poor 18 months. not only in regards to performance, but maybe even more so, attitude. Now I am sure you will see things through your fanboy glasses and won't admit he was poor, but he was, it's not even up for debate, he was poor. You might make excuses, Ralf was a bad manager, and the whole season was a write off, but last season didn't need to be a write off, it only become that because the players were so poor and had such bad attitudes, and Rashford was probably top in both categories. And I am frankly sick of people excusing the players for the poor season when they were the cause of the poor season. And this season he has been scoring a lot, and there was a patch in Jan/Feb where even when he wasn't scoring his presence on the ball put fear into the opposition and he was having an overall affect on the game. But in the last couple months, while his goals have dried up a bit, he is being exposed as not really adding much beyond scoring. And now we are seeing glimpses of that attitude from last season.

I used to be the type of fan that had favorite players and players I didn't like and I would get into divisive agenda based arguments, but I took a couple years away from watching a couple years ago, and when I came back I had a totally different attitude, I support any and all of our players, I don't have favs per see, but more so, there isn't a player on the team I don't support and don't want to see succeed. I like Rashford, and probably more than some other players because he's one of our own, but he is not above criticism, and I will criticize him when required and it won't be based on one game. And people need to stop viewing every criticism of their favorite player as a personal attack.
But But But prior to this year the last 18 years have been absolutely shit coaches.

It’s not like Rashford’s had no manager - he has had shit managers and shit management to make his game shit just like everyone else.

Prior to yesterday people was quite happy with Ten Hag and his management has gotten better use out of Rashford’s ability than Ole or Rangnick whilst the squad has many many weaknesses.

Anyway I cba.

It’s not like I’m ever going to change your opinion.

Haaland is just a great goal scorer but then a shit footballer too.

Yet everyone would bloody die for the guy in their squad.

Mainoldo

It would help if he had a good supporting cast. But the majority of us transfer feens want Oshimen to lead the line for us next season. I wonder how he helps Rashford except for running away from him asking for balls Rashford can’t hit.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Unlike during the Newcastle game this thread wasn’t bumped during today‘s game. Wonder what the reason might be …

M Bison

Supports
York City
I couldn’t face the caf after the Newcastle game and so I missed all the moronic posts after the game. What an absolute car crash!

Swiss_Red89

Unlike during the Newcastle game this thread wasn’t bumped during today‘s game. Wonder what the reason might be …
As i wrote a few days ago during the international break: It's unbeliveable how some idiots in our fanbase and here on the Caf constantly waiting for every opportunity to critisice one of our very own in his best ever season so far.

You can tell if he starts next season a bit slowly, the "one season wonder" and "post new contract syndrom" calls will swing in very soon.

united_99

As i wrote a few days ago during the international break: It's unbeliveable how some idiots in our fanbase and here on the Caf constantly waiting for every opportunity to critisice one of our very own in his best ever season so far.

You can tell if he starts next season a bit slowly, the "one season wonder" and "post new contract syndrom" calls will swing in very soon.
Next season? There are already posts this season how his purple patch is over and all that.
The only player in our squad who knows where the goal is but we should somehow get rid.

justboy68

Don't remember us being carried so heavily by one player in the goalscoring department. Of course we've had many great goalscorers but they usually had a healthy number of contributors around them too. Thank God he's in the form of his life.

Wilt

Don't remember us being carried so heavily by one player in the goalscoring department. Of course we've had many great goalscorers but they usually had a healthy number of contributors around them too. Thank God he's in the form of his life.
Van Persie won the prem title singlehanded

united_99

At least thanks to Rashford we will score more league goals this season than the totally embarrassing 49(!!) we scored in 2015/16 under LvG.

PSV

Van Persie won the prem title singlehanded
Yeah, this is the answer. Take away van Persie's goals/assist and we lose 43 points. With Rashford this tally sits at 18 with today's win.

It's good though, because taking away Robin's contributions ends us up in midtable, whereas taking away Rashford's contributions would put us in a relegation battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.