Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He might be underperforming but he’s still a major asset that would command high fees in the market.
His performance levels are nowhere near “major asset” or even justifying half the wage he’s on - which will surely impact any high fees we think we’d be able to command for him.

There’s always the chance he can rediscover his form but at this point, its potentially a fresh start for both parties if he was old and we reinvested the money into the attack.

Red00012

He might be underperforming but he’s still a major asset that would command high fees in the market.
If his name was one or the many Dembele’s around , he would probably be sent on loan by now or just sold.
He’s at the club because his name is Marcus Rashford a local lad that feeds disadvantaged children.

Ghostrider318

On a planet where Anthony costs £80m...
Transfer fees are reactive unfortunately. Anthony is coming of a decent season so his value is sky high right now ( just like back in the day SMS was 100m+ and fecking Belotti was also 100m+ ). Rashfords form has been quite shit and has been discussed to death all over media so his current value will not be anywhere close to Anthonys.

redmanx

You’re spot on but sadly this is exactly how we’ve operated time and again at this club. Undeserved wages and renewals for mediocre and/or inconsistent performances.
We've been giving ludicrous contracts and wages to players who didnt deserve them for far too long and then we end up being unable to offload them and letting them go on a "free"

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Transfer fees are reactive unfortunately. Anthony is coming of a decent season so his value is sky high right now ( just like back in the day SMS was 100m+ and fecking Belotti was also 100m+ ). Rashfords form has been quite shit and has been discussed to death all over media so his current value will not be anywhere close to Anthonys.
True, but Rashford is still young, has some name recognition and has shown in the past he can perform at a high level...

Not saying he'd fetch £80m, but the idea that he would only command about £30m or less is crazy to me... That barely gets you anything these days.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We've been giving ludicrous contracts and wages to players who didnt deserve them for far too long and then we end up being unable to offload them and letting them go on a "free"
Yep, overpaid and underperforming players. No wonder we’re such terrible “sellers” in the market.

redmanx

True, but Rashford is still young, has some name recognition and has shown in the past he can perform at a high level...

Not saying he'd fetch £80m, but the idea that he would only command about £30m or less is crazy to me... That barely gets you anything these days.
Martial scored 1 goal in 12 games for Seville last season which is why they didnt keep him. Id be surprised if Rashford and Martial combined attracted an offer of more than 50 million.

Loon

:lol:
Still maintain in 24 months the side which finished last season will not exist.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Another club want him? We need to grab the opportunity with both hands

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When I see posters saying something to the effect of 'no point selling him as we won't buy anybody and we're short in attack', I think fair enough. They've given us no reason to trust them.

But the club should absolutely have belief that they could replace him within days if they just acted like a big club. If the club publicly admit that we're too short in attack to consider it then that tells me that they either know they're shite at doing deals or we just aren't willing to spend anymore money. I'd be interested to know how much we could spend under FFP and compare. I remember all the reports about how we hoped to buy 6,7,8 players this summer. It's been nothing short of a disaster.

the_cliff

This is a good test to see if we've actually 'turned a new leaf', if we give him a new contract we're fecked for another 5 years.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers

Rashford barely is anything these days.
If you were a top club, are you spending even £30 million to get what Rashford gives you.
Doesnt score
Doesnt assist
Doesnt press
Doesnt dribble
Doesnt pass
Doesnt head the ball
Doesnt track back

Take away the name and you dont have a player worth £10 million.

Gavinb33

On one hand you have posters who praise Campos for being a great team builder and DoF and would want him here to do the very same.

On the other hand you have posters that say Rashford is a pile of shit finished as a player.

When the top one wants the other one, don't you sit back and say well maybe Rashford is better than you think and would it not be better to rehabilitate a player with over 150 g/a in 300 games before he is 25 back into the team than sell him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Doesn't fit possession game, not a hard worker, not a winger, not a striker. Good player for counter-attacks. I would definitely sell him, he doesn't look happy here as well so I can definitely see it happening.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
On one hand you have posters who praise Campos for being a great team builder and DoF and would want him here to do the very same.

On the other hand you have posters that say Rashford is a pile of shit finished as a player.

When the top one wants the other one, don't you sit back and say well maybe Rashford is better than you think and would it not be better to rehabilitate a player with over 150 g/a in 300 games before he is 25 back into the team than sell him.
Not sure I’ve seen a lot of people praising Campos but I’ll stand corrected if that’s true. PSG are probably our only rivals in wasting money on players versus results so using them as an argument that this somehow means we are all wrong about Rashford is naive in the extreme. Let’s just pray the morons over there take him with a decent fee

Polar

United or PSG? Who on earth choose to stay at Chaos United if PSG puts a fair offer on the table? From a sport perspective it’s a nobrainer. It’s like asking: do you want to play CL with Neymar, Messi and Mbappe or EL with McT, Fred and DVB:lol:

Rashford at his best was world class, but last couple of years has been tragic. He needs a change and it’s a fair chance he’ll fulfil his potential in PSG and have his best years ahead of him.

Unam333

Of course Ten Hag is blocking a Rashford move. Our squad's stretched thin as it is and we can't seem to sign new players.

the_cliff

If we were to reinvest the money then I'd sell him, but if it goes into the Glazers pockets then keep him.

Infra-red

We can't afford to let any of our forward options leave. We are too light there as it is and United are utterly incapable of reinvesting the proceeds of any sale.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not sure I’ve seen a lot of people praising Campos but I’ll stand corrected if that’s true. PSG are probably our only rivals in wasting money on players versus results so using them as an argument that this somehow means we are all wrong about Rashford is naive in the extreme. Let’s just pray the morons over there take him with a decent fee
We've won and accomplished slightly more than you have. We're not comparable in terms of money spent vs results over the last 10 years.

As far as Campos goes, there's no way he wants Rashford and I can confidently say this deal will not happen. When a rumor makes no sense, it's probably because it's nothing more than a pile of bs.

Last edited:

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Move Sancho to the left and try to sign Ziyech. If not we can start the season with Garnacho and Amad as our RW choices.

It’s not ideal but gives us the funds to go back in for Antony in January/next summer. I also can’t see how those players would be any worse than what we have seen with Rashford.

Kill3r7

It depends on what other teams are offering but anything north of £60 million should be seriously considered.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Doesn't fit possession game, not a hard worker, not a winger, not a striker. Good player for counter-attacks. I would definitely sell him, he doesn't look happy here as well so I can definitely see it happening.
Shame, the guy was killing it for Van Gaal.

For me, his injury has spoilt his explosiveness he had before as a player.

kidbob

Sell him as long as the money can be re-invested into Anthony. Garnacho is going to take his place by next season anyway. Sancho on the left and Anthony on the right sounds better to me than the alternate we already have. Unfortunately we'll give him a huge contract and his performances this season will make him unsellable from now on in.

stw2022

Rashford at his best was world class,
He's never come remotely close. This is the problem we have, much of the faith that remains in him is based on rose-tinted assessments of his previous ability and performance.

Genuinely don't mean it as any particular disrespect as the overwhelming majority of players who have long, productive and successful careers aren't world class - but to use the moniker to describe Rashford, even at his peak, is ridiculous

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
If we give Rashford a big new spanking contract on the back of ETH's gushing appraisal of him today, then I truly give up.
I'm beginning to think we got duped into getting ETH's slightly defective clone.

Drz

hum... can't vote. Would do a Barca and offer him a contract on lower wages :wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::keano:
Has he really done enough over the past 12/24 months to deserve an improved contract? or even justify his current wages??

westerley

Our desperate situation means we don’t really have a choice. We can’t sell because the club don’t have any targets lined up and we already need a couple of attackers.

In a perfect world we bite PSG’s hand off and use the money to snap up a right back or midfielder, but our squad is so short in every area we don’t have the luxury of doing that so we’ll either offer him a new contract out of panic, or he’ll just underperform till his contract runs out and go on a free.

Footyislife

If we give Rashford a big new spanking contract on the back of ETH's gushing appraisal of him today, then I truly give up.
I'm beginning to think we got duped into getting ETH's slightly defective clone.
Fans are stupid if they think ETH is a competent DOF. He worked under an extremely well run Ajax football operations. He's a good coach, but I doubt it was him pulling the strings given how Ajax's hiearchy is setup.

Good coach, but if we let him or the incompetent DOF team decide how to rebuild our team, we will not be winning PL/CL for decades.

Andersons Dietician

I’m not against the idea of selling him but I just see no way the club can do this and most likely they’ll fold and give him a bumper contract because they are mugs.
Even if by some miracle they did sell him and some how got major money I have no faith in this lot to invest it wisely back in the team.

fps

Rashford would be in a very different place if he'd had proper coaching across the first half of his pro career.

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
Definitely 100% sell. We need to move on. Strengthen the CM at all costs before we worry about wingers/wide forwards who have one good game in 10.

Plus, not the lads fault really but his wages are absolutely insane. We have to do something about our wage structure across the board.
I tend to agree with those who believe that his loss of form isn't just that, but where his game is now. The problem is that Ten Hag may want to keep him, but the club have to make a decision to keep him, which means awarding him a new contract before next summer, or cashing in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.