Rashford vs Iheanacho

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What makes you say he is more versatile? Rashford used to be a wide player.

I haven't seen a lot of Iheanacho but he seems very individualistic to me. I can see where the comparisons with Sturridge come from.
Won best player at Fifa U-17 World Cup playing wide left, has played for City's youth and first teams as a #9 and a #10. From what I've seen Rashford is more of an out and out striker, although I don't doubt he could do a job out wide given his pace and dribbling ability.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Both incredibly good young players, they are about neck and neck as it stands at the moment, there might be a pube hair's width of difference either way.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They're close, Rashford just seems a little more intelligent to me right now, situations like last night when he left the ball run, turned and got in on goal, the step over for the goal and his little touch on in the first half to beat the left back. Compare that to Iheanacho against Swansea where he had several poor decisions. I know it's just one example but I think it reflects accurately.

Aboutreika18

Iheanacho seems a much more mature and complete forward at this stage.

He doesn't drift out of matches as often as Rashford does and his link-up play in the final third is more impressive.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Iheanacho looks a little more mature in his development at this point. Both look like great talents but I don't see the special something in neither of them tbf (like in Martial for example)

MAME DIOUF 32

Iheanacho seems a much more mature and complete forward at this stage.

He doesn't drift out of matches as often as Rashford does and his link-up play in the final third is more impressive.
Agree with this. Iheanacho had a bad game at the weekend, despite his goal, but he looks a more rounded talent. That's not to say Rashford hasn't been great.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
From what I've seen of Iheanacho, I'd say Rashford's better. Iheanacho looks very much like Welbeck did at that age.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Iheanacho for me. I think it is understated how few chances he was afforded by Pellegrini until late in the season - Bony was being consistently picked ahead despite being awful.

I suspect Nacho will flourish under Pep.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
From what I've seen of Iheanacho, I'd say Rashford's better. Iheanacho looks very much like Welbeck did at that age.
Except he has more goals than Welbeck managed in about 3 seasons doesn't he?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Granted I've not seen a lot of him, but from what I've seen, as with Welbz, he needs quite a few chances before one finds the back of the net, and he often fecks up the easy ones whilst scoring the more difficult ones.

Zoo

Iheanacho for me. I think it is understated how few chances he was afforded by Pellegrini until late in the season - Bony was being consistently picked ahead despite being awful.

Probably because from what I've seen so far it looks like he doesn't work well with Aguero at all. Not sure how Pep will change that, unless he drops Aguero.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The lad has 8 goals in 7 starts (+19 sub appearances) according to whoscored.com. How many games did Welbeck take to reach 8 goals for us? He doesn't fall over his own legs every time he reaches the box even if he still has plenty to improve on with his finishing.

To be clear, I like Welbeck but his composure in front of goal is pretty poor now and was absolutely shocking in his younger days.

adamwest

Really like the look of Iheanacho and have done since the start of the season. Rashford is quickly becoming a proper little player though. I'd have them about even at the moment.

RedStarUnited

Because that is very different to Rashford? Rashford only got a chance after Rooney, Martial AND Will Keane were out.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Probably because from what I've seen so far it looks like he doesn't work well with Aguero at all. Not sure how Pep will change that, unless he drops Aguero.
True enough, but according to a couple of City fans I know, there have been multiple occasions where Pellegrini may have taken the opportunity to rest Aguero (eg if the game was already won) but seemed really reluctant to play Iheanacho.

I think the two players can work well together though, but I am not sure if Pep would be willing to try two strikers.

Because that is very different to Rashford? Rashford only got a chance after Rooney, Martial AND Will Keane were out.
Yes, it is different. LVGs trust in youth players is well documented and I dont see how you can suggest that Will Keane was definitively above Rashford in the pecking order (nor Martial in the #9 role necessarily, given our lack of options out wide). Once Rashford got into the team he pretty much never went out of it again - which is to his credit of course - but Iheanacho on the other hand turned in some excellent cameos only to be benched for several games before being afforded another opportunity.

Rossa

Very,very different players. Rashford is very fast and agile and looks like a good dribbler who can get past players. Iheanacho looks awkward and slow whilst running, but is stronger and more of a hold-up player. Both are good inside the box, but perhaps Iheanacho looks even deadlier at the moment. Rashford is the one who can create out of nothing though.

RyRoc

From the little we've seen of both, Rashford looks like he could go on to become a more rounded footballer whilst Iheanacho looks to be one of those cool as ice type finishers but not sure if there's more to his game. Both look exciting talents but too early to judge anything too conclusive.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Both scoring their first international goal on the same day. New Ronaldo v Messi in the making? :drool:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2 great prospects 1 far too selfish, other not at all selfish

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Hopefully they will have a great rivalry for years to come.

ivaldo

Are there any better teenage strikers in the world right now?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Was initially sceptical of Rashford's place in the England squad but after the cup final and tonight's game I'm beginning to think he should have a place in the final 23. As for Iheanacho delighted he scored tonight, and not just because I had money on Nigeria to win!. Can't wait to see him next season, should benefit from not having to play a post-season tournament like a fair few players in the squad.

ivaldo

Embolo and the brazlian wonderkids come to mind.
Would you say they were better? Rashford and Iheanacho are certainly doing it on a bigger stage than Embolo right now.

mu4c_20le

Would you say they were better? Rashford and Iheanacho are certainly doing it on a bigger stage than Embolo right now.
Martial is the only other one, he came to us a teenager, and will be ours for a very long time :drool:

prarek

Really difficult to compare them right now. Lets see one more season and things will get a lot clearer.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Both look good prospects to be fair. Both managed to score screamers & calm finishes over the season, both scoring for their countries tonight.

Could be an interesting battle for the future.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
If one of these players played for another team there wouldn't even be a comparison. They are so different. Both great players mind.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I believe I was the first to make a comparison between the two on Redcafe. It is strange and unnatural how they both scored within three minutes today. There is a sporting rivalry narrative to be made between the two in the future.

RaptorSlo

I think the biggest problem for Iheanacho is, he's very selfish. What I've seen from watching City (not that much), he barely ever passes once near the box.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I believe I was the first to make a comparison between the two on Redcafe. It is strange and unnatural how they both scored within three minutes today. There is a sporting rivalry narrative to be made between the two in the future.
Ranieri or Pochettino?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Kelechi has been very bad every time I've seen him. So, I'd say Rashford is better, from my perspective.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Rashford seems much worse technically but he has a better eye for a pass and ridiculous scoring instincts.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Both look extremely talented with bag loads of potential. Rashford came out of nowhere as the likes of Wilson and Keane were the players getting very hyped on here.

Be interesting to see how much game time both get next season with new managers coming into the clubs who have expectations to deliver instant success. I'd be surprised if both start often next season.