Rashford vs Iheanacho

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He was mostly annoymous but credit to him for the two yard tap in, he should have been offside if it were not for Blind's poor positioning.
Good players have a knack of being in the right places - like Rashford in the game against Hull.

Both look like frightening prospects, but I agree with Raoul - Rashford's got more magic about him. I would have loved it if Rashers got the equalizer today - but they were simply too good for us, and well, at least we put up a fight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Significantly more exciting maybe in the way he plays the game but Iheanacho already has a phenomenal scoring rate in goal per minute and is lethal in the box. They are very, very different styled players. Who will be more effective long term? Who knows.
Rashford seems to have scored more than Iheanacho when you factor in their number of appearances. Ihea is a good player, but Marcus is a step above.

Classical Mechanic

Good players have a knack of being in the right places - like Rashford in the game against Hull.

Both look like frightening prospects, but I agree with Raoul - Rashford's got more magic about him. I would have loved it if Rashers got the equalizer today - but they were simply too good for us, and well, at least we put up a fight.
I was giving him credit.

They deserved the win but we have to be regretful that we didn't take our chances to get back in the game and that the decisions went against us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Rashford seems to have scored more than Iheanacho when you factor in their number of appearances. Ihea is a good player, but Marcus is a step above.
I would say Rashford is slightly better, much better control of a football being the only difference. Kelechi though is only a little behind imho but will be more efficient in the box. Today he looked ok but left with an assist and a goal. Rashford was explosive and should start for you guys. Should of had an assist too but for Zlatan skying one (one of the many today).

Minutes per goal its not even close in terms of scoring. Iheanacho is far, far ahead.

Sigma

He had 14 goals in 35 appearances last year. Rashford had 8 in 18 (9 in 20 counting this year's fixtures).
I'm pretty sure the majority of Rashfords appearances where starts and vica versa for Ihenacho

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Last season: CL/Euro and League
Rashford: 7 goals 2 assists in 16 apps (1105 minutes)
Iheanacho: 8 goals 1 assist in 30 apps (896 minutes)

This season:
Rashford: 2 goals 0 assists in 6 apps (85 minutes)
Iheanacho: 3 goals 2 assists in 6 apps (70 minutes)

The quality of opponents, the spate of the game, the responsibility on Rashford compared to Iheanacho, the magic of what he did and is doing - these are things that can't be quantified, unfortunately.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Last season: CL/Euro and League
Rashford: 7 goals 2 assists in 16 apps (1105 minutes)
Iheanacho: 8 goals 1 assist in 30 apps (896 minutes)

This season:
Rashford: 2 goals 0 assists in 6 apps (85 minutes)
Iheanacho: 3 goals 2 assists in 6 apps (70 minutes)

The quality of opponents, the spate of the game, the responsibility on Rashford compared to Iheanacho, the magic of what he did and is doing - these are things that can't be quantified, unfortunately.
Ihea's wiki has him at 14 goals in 35 appearances in all comps

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Ihea's wiki has him at 14 goals in 35 appearances in all comps
Fair enough, I got the stats off Whoscored. And quite a few of those Iheanacho apperances are 5 minutes cameos towards the end. I'd rather look at minutes on the pitch. Not leaning towards Iheanacho because of the factors I mentioned in that previous post, just putting things in perspective.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He had 14 goals in 35 appearances last year. Rashford had 8 in 18 (9 in 20 counting this year's fixtures).
Looks even enough to me except it's not really my point. Nacho has proven that when he starts he scores goals, lots of them. Overall appearances can we very misleading.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Looks even enough to me except it's not really my point. Nacho has proven that when he starts he scores goals, lots of them. Overall appearances can we very misleading.
He's a promising prospect that's for sure. Not sure if will make it at City though.

Rossa

Looks a great player without really having any standout abilities other than the knack of being in the right place at the right time, an important trait for sure.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Iheanancho does not look technically gifted, but he seems like a great goalscorer like Miroslac Klose or other similar legendary player. Rashford is still more gifted overall, but Iheanancho does better what is most important in a game, which is scoring goals or being more productive in terms of output.

SirScholes

Iheanancho does not look technically gifted, but he seems like a great goalscorer like Miroslac Klose or other similar legendary player. Rashford is still more gifted overall, but Iheanancho does better what is most important in a game, which is scoring goals or being more productive in terms of output.
I disagree put rashford in a team that creates chances and he'll score just as wrll

Footyislife

Iheanancho is a poacher like Hernandez. Rashford does a little bit of everything more like a CF. One plays on a team that can score for fun. The other on a team that has struggled to score for the last 3 years. Who's better? Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a player who can create something out of nothing and contribute to the build up play its Rashford. If you are looking for a clinical finisher who's always in the right spot to score its Iheanancho.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I disagree put rashford in a team that creates chances and he'll score just as wrll
I did not say Rashford is a bad goalscorer, but rather that Iheanancho is better at the moment using historical data. I would not argue against the idea that if Rashford was in a team like City, he would score a lot aswell, but from my perspective Iheanancho attribute like his predatory instinct, spatial awareness and shooting precision has contributed somewhat more to his goal tally rather than being in a better team that creates more. You can be in a team that creates a lot like Arsenal, but if your strikers does not excel or are good in those attribute, the team's creativity will be meaningless.

paulscholes18

I think that Iheanacho will finish his career with more goals then Rashford, but Rashford will go down as the better footballer

Treble

Iheanancho is a poacher like Hernandez. Rashford does a little bit of everything more like a CF. One plays on a team that can score for fun. The other on a team that has struggled to score for the last 3 years. Who's better? Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a player who can create something out of nothing and contribute to the build up play its Rashford. If you are looking for a clinical finisher who's always in the right spot to score its Iheanancho.
I think the same but he's more involved than it may seem. This season, he has more assists than goals.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
They're both too young to say who is better. Both have potential to be world class. In any case, if someone believes one is better than the other it's not laughable as they both are very good.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No need to compare just yet. Just exciting that 2 of very best young strikers in world football are playing in Manchester!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd prefer a goal scorer 10 times over.

dead joe

Unfair to say that Iheanacho is just a poacher. He's more Vieri than Inzaghi in my book. He is a threatening presence in the area, not someone you forget and scores a goal behind your back.

Rashford is definitely more versatile and promising, and can become the Totti to Kelechi's Vieri, but he's clearly not better than him at the moment.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
What's Kelechi's goal to minute ratio again?
Kelechi has played 1431 minutes for City, scoring 17 (actually 18 but one horrible mistake by the linesman) & assisting 8. Giving a goals/min ratio of 84 minutes per goal & a goals/assists per minute ratio of every 57 minutes.

For Nigeria Kelechi has 3 goals, 2 assists in 282 minutes, a goals/min ratio of 94 minutes per goal & goals/assists per minute ratio of every 56 minutes. Impressively similar to those in an obviously stronger team at City.

As a comparison Rashford has 10 goals, 2 assists from 1917 minutes for United, giving him a goals/min ratio of 192 minutes per goal & goals/assists per minute ratio of every 160 minutes.

So on stats alone Iheanacho outscores Rashford at a 2:1 rate, and scores/assists at a rate of 2.8:1 compared to Rashford.

I think they're both fantastic young talents with big futures, but quite different in terms of style - I think it's fair to say Iheanacho is a more natural goalscorer with more end product as it stands, and Rashford is more of a dribbler & threat from other areas such as the wing.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Kelechi has played 1431 minutes for City, scoring 17 (actually 18 but one horrible mistake by the linesman) & assisting 8. Giving a goals/min ratio of 84 minutes per goal & a goals/assists per minute ratio of every 57 minutes.

For Nigeria Kelechi has 3 goals, 2 assists in 282 minutes, a goals/min ratio of 94 minutes per goal & goals/assists per minute ratio of every 56 minutes. Impressively similar to those in an obviously stronger team at City.

As a comparison Rashford has 10 goals, 2 assists from 1917 minutes for United, giving him a goals/min ratio of 192 minutes per goal & goals/assists per minute ratio of every 160 minutes.

So on stats alone Iheanacho outscores Rashford at a 2:1 rate, and scores/assists at a rate of 2.8:1 compared to Rashford.

I think they're both fantastic young talents with big futures, but quite different in terms of style - I think it's fair to say Iheanacho is a more natural goalscorer with more end product as it stands, and Rashford is more of a dribbler & threat from other areas such as the wing.
I think City being a much better attacking side should be taken in to consideration when comparing the stats.

Kelechi is a great talent though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Both great talents. Rashford the better prospect for my money, but Iheanacho has a manager playing a great style of football that may work wonders for his development.

WhoDaGOAT

I think City being a much better attacking side should be taken in to consideration when comparing the stats.

It's incredible how many goals he has scored from such a little amount of starts though.

His positioning is excellent. He knows where to be in order to score goals. He has that Chicharito type of instinct inside the box.

The header to set De Bruyne away was most impressive. Pulls off Bailly, wins his header and cushions into the danger zone.

I think Rashford is a more entertaining player, but Iheanacho is a very effective player.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City

Agreed, though that's why I added in Nigeria's, they're so poor they didn't even qualify for AfCON, yet he still maintains extremely similar ratios; albeit smaller sample size naturally.

Different style of players both lads, both look very promising though.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Agreed, though that's why I added in Nigeria's, they're so poor they didn't even qualify for AfCON, yet he still maintains extremely similar ratios; albeit smaller sample size naturally.

Different style of players both lads, both look very promising though.
Thought Nigeria was good.

No matter what, it is a very impressive ratio for such a young guy.

Robbie Boy

Well yeah because Rashford has played probably double the amount of games this season.

Zoo

Iheanacho is the forgotten man there and Pep never gets questioned about it.