g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Chairman Steve

Hojlund‘s closer to Kane than Haaland, so it makes sense that we went for him when Kane was definitely not on. Haaland is just a RVN on roids.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Hojlund‘s closer to Kane than Haaland, so it makes sense that we went for him when Kane was definitely not on. Haaland is just a RVN on roids.
This annoyed me at first, but is actually very accurate.

I think Ruud had more guile and was a better all round footballer, but Haaland is so aggressive and doesn’t need to hit the side netting. He’s so quick, so strong, he affords himself so much time to hit the ball as hard as possible, far more often. He’s betting keepers in the middle of the goal, lots of the time.

Abraxas

I see a bit more of a young Vieri, before he had some injuries and lost a bit of explosiveness. It could just be the left footed thing. But the physicality reminds me of him rather than a Kane who is so technically and creatively gifted.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This annoyed me at first, but is actually very accurate.

I think Ruud had more guile and was a better all round footballer, but Haaland is so aggressive and doesn’t need to hit the side netting. He’s so quick, so strong, he affords himself so much time to hit the ball as hard as possible, far more often. He’s betting keepers in the middle of the goal, lots of the time.
I think you’re seriously doing Haaland a disservice as a finisher by insinuating that he just blasts it at the keeper constantly

jesperjaap

At risk of sounding far fetched, Hojlund is technically better with the ball at his feet than the Viggo looking freak, Haaland.
Dont think that is a sweeping statement as Haaland is just decent with the ball at hsi feet, his great technique is in his finishing

GS82

Supports
Arsenal
I saw him a lot last season. He is nowhere near as some on here are making out.

Good player but he won't ever be world class.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I think you’re seriously doing Haaland a disservice as a finisher by insinuating that he just blasts it at the keeper constantly
Im really not. I’m saying that his physicality : both pace and strength - sees him afforded the kind of time and space that nobody really gets. He hits the cover off the ball, and keeps it on target. That alone will beat most keepers.

Hardly anyone gets to do that as they’re not physically dominant enough to.

I’ve never seen anyone beat top class goalkeepers in the middle of the goal anything like as often as he does.

Chief123

At risk of sounding far fetched, Hojlund is technically better with the ball at his feet than the Viggo looking freak, Haaland.
Not far fetched at all. It’s very obvious Hojlund is already better with the ball at his feet. Haaland is ridiculous at goal scoring but ball at his feet in build up isn’t one of his strengths.

Griberg

Supports
Brøndby
Cant even score against San Marino, flop
Haha, You didn't watch the game. Højlund came in with 30 minutes left. The game was dead at that point, and Denmark did not create much. Anyway Højlund hit the post and was unlucky not to score.

Big Ray

Is that right? You know this for sure aye? Or are you a wee bit annoyed how he was able to bully Gabrielle on Sunday. So much salt in this post; will be useful when the roads get icy again.

Syphon Wallet

Even if your right, it's about what United need... He looks like he can be a world class upgrade to our team, because we need a ST like him so badly.

Mmm-Qatarian

Have a nagging feeling that whether Højlund can find his feet quickly might be the difference between this being a pretty shite season and an at least acceptable one.

zaafi

If you did that, you'd see he has all the tools to become a world class striker if he manages to put it all together. Supporting Arsenal does not mean you have to expose yourself for your lack of football knowledge on a United forum.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Gabriel Jesus and Nketiah

massey

He looked quality in his brief Cameo last night strong on the ball very mobile and had some nice close touches around the box laying it off to other players also hit the post and would have scored if not for a slight deflection.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Haaland is a such a bizarre player. A hat trick and an assist vs Fulham and he made 4 passes all game. Man City had 68% possession and he played the full 90!