g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ralaks

Why did they target him?

All because he shushed them?
One of their players had a cramp outsite the penalty area leading up to the goal. They wanted us to play it out, despite themselves initially playing on. They had (naturally, no complaints) been time wasting from the start including several "cramps" before. Then we scored, they complained and he shushed them. Maybe it was unneeded, but they completely deserved it and it was in line with the game. Either ways, its completely on the referee to stop the game if a player is down, and for a cramp that should never happen, especially during an attack, where it is questionable if the player is feigning it

Previously they had several fights with him also, mainly seeming relatively tame from both sides, maybe they were a bit rough, but nothing super extraordinary.

He had also kind of tried to play on after a throw in, where they had a player down, where he interpreted it as a throw in, they interpreted it as them playing the ball out so their player could get treatment. Hard to say if they were right as I am biased, but ot definitely felt like they were trying to con the ref the whole game, so that could easily also be the case there.

Dragam

If that san marino c*nt aint punished afterwards for that attack on højlund, then something is seriously wrong...

And let's be honest it was simply an attack with the intention of injuring højlund, and nothing else, and should be punished as such !

Sheffield Utd 1:2 Man Utd

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Suppose most are going to give him the Weghorst defence. Tried hard, held the ball and ignore that he missed big chances. For me he has to step up and start scoring very soon in the Premier League.

You may think I'm being harsh but the expectation of a starting United #9 should warrant that.

Lyng

Suppose most are going to give him the Weghorst defence. Tried hard, held the ball and ignore that he missed big chances.

You may think I'm being harsh but the expectation of a United #9 should warrant that.
He was very close to scoring of that shot from Rashford he intercepted. But he is not getting any service from Bruno, which has been shown with stats previously.
Taking Højlund off when he put Eriksen on was beyond daft, given how good those two sync up on the national team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agree, nowhere near good enough. Don't want to sound harsh but he's got big expectations. Has to start scoring.
Fans still look at his performances like you look at some 17y old academy kid who got his first chance in first team. "Nearly scored", "was unlucky" and "tried hard".

Reality is that our first choice expensive striker didn't do anything significant so far in PL.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
For everything that’s wrong with this club, the fans are not from the worst.

sherrinford

Suppose most are going to give him the Weghorst defence. Tried hard, held the ball and ignore that he missed big chances. For me he has to step up and start scoring very soon in the Premier League.

You may think I'm being harsh but the expectation of a starting United #9 should warrant that.
Outside the first twenty minutes (which I missed), he missed one big chance, and I found that to be encouraging for the position he took up and the quick reactions to first control a deflected shot and then rearrange his feet and get a shot away. Good save.

The earlier one, it can't be a missed chance if you can't get on the end of the cross. The later one was no longer a golden opportunity by the time it reached Hojlund due to the angle of the pass to him.

Rockets Redglare

Are we ignoring the goals he's scored in the champions league?
He looks a different player in the league though, he shouldn't be starting but we’ve got feck all else.
I like him though, with some competent attacking build up he’d have a good few goals already.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The earlier one, it can't be a missed chance if you can't get on the end of the cross.
That's not a good enough defence for me, there's no reason why he shouldn't have made contact, it almost seemed like he dived too early and there's got to be some accountability surely.

The same way if someone miss-kicks a ball from 5 yards out you surely still consider that a missed chance rather than ignoring that the incident even happened.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Outside the first twenty minutes (which I missed), he missed one big chance, and I found that to be encouraging for the position he took up and the quick reactions to first control a deflected shot and then rearrange his feet and get a shot away. Good save.

The earlier one, it can't be a missed chance if you can't get on the end of the cross. The later one was no longer a golden opportunity by the time it reached Hojlund due to the angle of the pass to him.
You can but you need to have a nose for the goal. Pippo built a career on goals like thst. Last few years Rashford and Martial were criticized (with the reason) about not being on the right spot in penalty area.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In fairness, he had 3 very, very good chances today
I think the skim past the post was harsh on him, was quick and he threw himself at it. Salah was more relaxed in one missed earlier today.

The other one was him needing to trap a shot from Rashford (not a pass) and chip the keeper who had already closed in the space. He almost did it.

Micro criticising him to this degree is no good.

Prodigy24

The goals will come. He's already shown that in the CL.

If we had sorted out our midfield and created a style of play then he'd score his goals much earlier.

Lost bear

That’s true. ‘Not far from the worst.” I wonder how much of a contribution our fans are currently making to the tension and lack of confidence that is shattering the team. It is rarely considered as a factor.

Hojlund is extremely promising, has had no luck, and his excellent runs are often missed by other players.

If he’s given a chance, I think he’ll come good- very good.

sherrinford

That's not a good enough defence for me, there's no reason why he shouldn't have made contact, it almost seemed like he dived too early and there's got to be some accountability surely.

The same way if someone miss-kicks a ball from 5 yards out you surely still consider that a missed chance rather than ignoring that the incident even happened.
It seemed like it was simply out of reach. Messing up your technique is obviously not the same thing.

You can but you need to have a nose for the goal. Pippo built a career on goals like thst. Last few years Rashford and Martial were criticized (with the reason) about not being on the right spot in penalty area.
I would say Hojland has displayed a good bit of that predatory instinct from what we've seen so far. Having a natural fox in the box doesn't mean a ball will never be flashed across goal without that player getting on the end of it.

Dragam

You've been a hater from the start, no point in even trying to deny it...

Dragam

Precisly.

He was very close to scoring of that shot from Rashford he intercepted. But he is not getting any service from Bruno, which has been shown with stats previously.

Taking Højlund off when he put Eriksen on was beyond daft, given how good those two sync up on the national team.
It does indeed seem like Bruno is intentionally not playing the ball to Højlund, which is as you said backed up by the stats. Erik should take a good long talk with Bruno about that (or imo just leave him on the bench, and give Mount the chance).

Last edited:

L1nk

People shitting on him in this thread :lol:

I give up with the clown fans on this forum. Man gets 1 to 2 chances a game usually and has to take them because he’s getting absolute dogshit service currently, even though top players like Haaland miss multiple chances a game before they put some away, but they have numbers on their side because they get so many chances.

How about our creative players like Bruno actually provide some service for the guy instead of giving the ball away every minute and if he constantly misses every game then you have the right to say so. Until then how about appreciating one of the only players who actually shows something and plays well on the team instead of walking around and playing like garbage.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he was okay today, not great but not terrible. We’re obviously going to have to be patient with him he’s not just young but relatively inexperienced.

Blood Mage

So far he's a stronger, quicker Weghorst. He is the most useful option we have up front at the moment but some are going overboard with the hype. I don't see a clinical striker here.

Lost bear

So far he's a stronger, quicker Weghorst. He is the most useful option we have up front at the moment but some are going overboard with the hype. I don't see a clinical striker here.
People obviously have different takes on these things. I must say, though, I find this an amazing comparison.

RedDevilQuebecois

Gosh, I really wish he broke the ice in the Prem already. He needs to get that monkey off his back, even though he already looks great in Europe.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A fast Weghorst would probably be a very decent forward.

breezy12

He's barely had any decent service. He will be absolutely fine

didz

I think the skim past the post was harsh on him, was quick and he threw himself at it. Salah was more relaxed in one missed earlier today.

The other one was him needing to trap a shot from Rashford (not a pass) and chip the keeper who had already closed in the space. He almost did it.

Micro criticising him to this degree is no good.
I'm not criticising him, I'm criticising the post I quoted.

Typically, you would expect a top quality striker to have converted at least one of his chances today, but it's obvious why the club went to great pains to ensure that everyone knew we were paying for potential rather than the finished article. That's fine, and there's no need to trash all of his teammates to defend him.