2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kostov

I like him, I think he will come good and is already useful. Whether he will develop to be goal efficient enough we will see.

Redstain

Good promising player. It's a real shame the team isn't built to dominate possession because the chances United create are mostly half chances. There's no patterns of play or overloads into the box for the striker that's why United almost never score tap ins. I think the coaching staff and manager respectively need to do a lot more to improve the performances because I feel Hojlund would score a bucket load of goals if the infrastructure around him is more definitive.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Because Kane is the level of striker that should be at Man Utd and as a big club we should be getting this level of striker. Liverpool went outand got Nunez which is a step down. Hojlund is levels below even him. Heck is he even as good as Gakpo? I have nothing against the kid but paying 70 mill for him as our main striker is why people think we are now Tottenham.
Yes but Kane wasn't gettable, so complaining that we didn't get him doesn't make any sense.

iHicksy

Yes but Kane wasn't gettable, so complaining that we didn't get him doesn't make any sense.
Yes he was. He went to Bayern, this proves he was gettable. I know it's Levy, but he would have sold to us if we'd matched Bayern's valuation because we were Kane's first choice. Hell, Kane was even willing to wait a year at Spurs and come on a free. So he was absolutely gettable, it was United that decided they wanted a younger striker. For me, it's a terrible decision. When a player like Kane comes around, you take them. Watch now as he continues to play until the age of 36 or so.

Mike Smalling

You see how he is constantly hunting the chances in the box, which is a good sign. Didn't happen for him yesterday, but if you attacking playing improves, he can get goals.

He is young still, but has good physical abilities and the right attitude. Still optimistic on him, even if he is raw.

Strelok

Good promising player. It's a real shame the team isn't built to dominate possession because the chances United create are mostly half chances. There's no patterns of play or overloads into the box for the striker that's why United almost never score tap ins. I think the coaching staff and manager respectively need to do a lot more to improve the performances because I feel Hojlund would score a bucket load of goals if the infrastructure around him is more definitive.
Agree.

Imo ideally he should be less involved in our building phase but operate more as a poacher. That way he'll score more he is getting in the right positions which is the most important thing for a striker. However he definitely should massively improve his passing. Messing up those simple passes is unacceptable at this level. Otherwise imo he's doing ok given it's his first year here and he's still very young and raw.

Lyng

Yes he was. He went to Bayern, this proves he was gettable. I know it's Levy, but he would have sold to us if we'd matched Bayern's valuation because we were Kane's first choice. Hell, Kane was even willing to wait a year at Spurs and come on a free. So he was absolutely gettable, it was United that decided they wanted a younger striker. For me, it's a terrible decision. When a player like Kane comes around, you take them. Watch now as he continues to play until the age of 36 or so.
He was gettable for Bayern. But we are not Bayern. There are a few factors that need to be taken into account here.

1) Bayern are not a premier league rival.
2) Our ffp concerns. Our budget was restricted. IF and that is a rather massive if, Levy would have sold to us, it would have been 150 mill at the very least. That would have been our entire budget more or less.

Mas Risky

Not even City could get Kane. I honestly think Levy will only let him go to our club if we are willing to pay 200 million pounds, which is ridiculous.

Greck

Optimistic. Just an instance or two he didn't release the right pass to get back in front of the counter. Those weren't misplaced. ETH will iron it out asap

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Agree completely. Plus he is an English player and we are on our limit of min English players in the team which would make even more sensible. Also Levy didn’t have a problem giving us Regulon did he. I think this he wouldn’t sell to a rival is a load of crap, probably spread by us for obvious reasons.

NZT-One

Why not go fully overboard financially to bring in a striker who will step down in two or three years best case scenario. All this while the team has multiple issues in many areas and an agestructure that should be closely monitored. Incredible that some fans watch us chasing shadows for 10 years by bringing in big names and still didn't learn the lessen. 70 million for Hojlund is a lot, probably too much but potentially he can be our striker for a long time and he seems to bring a great mentality and can be developed in terms of playstyle. Kane was already hurting Spurs off-the-ball-work in his last two seasons there. But who cares right - United is such a fantastic football team, all that is missing is the one perfect striker.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm convinced at this point that people are just searching for more things to be negative about. There were a ton of things last night to be encouraged about with Højlund's performance.

His all round strength and athleticism is already really impressive and the early signs are that he's actually capable and willing to use that to be a nuisance to opposition defenders, which is something we've sorely missed up front for ages now.

Furthermore, he showed signs that he possesses good striker instincts. In particular, the movement in the box for Dalot's wicked cross in the second half very nearly got him a goal. Some people will be harsh and say he should have got on the end of it, but for so long that cross would've flown into the danger area with none of our forwards even close to reaching it. With more movement like that, the goals will come for him. I'm sure of that.

It wasn't a perfect display; his passing and decision-making were off at times. But feck me, the kid is 20 years old. You've got to forgive him some of these mistakes right now as there's definite promise there. The standard set by the Norwegian freak playing for one of the most mechanically great sides ever assembled is not one we should be immediately holding Højlund to. The signs for me are positive with him.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He did alright. It's obvious PL is big step up for him and it will take some time to adjust to the power and pace of the league but he never stopped working which is great to see.

Only complaint would be him not passing to Bruno on the right in that counter attack at the end of the match when he went for Rashford on the left which proved as wrong choice.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He did alright. It's obvious PL is big step up for him and it will take some time to adjust to the power and pace of the league but he never stopped working which is great to see.

Only complaint would be him not passing to Bruno on the right in that counter attack at the end of the match when he went for Rashford on the left which proved as wrong choice.
It was almost fine, pass was too short, but yes Bruno was the better ball onto Brunos right foot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Welcome to the graveyard shift and feeding off scraps.
During the current spell we are on where our squad is ravaged by injuries - definitely. But once everyone’s fit hopefully we will create much more.

Duafc

Village Lemon
It was nice to see someone at least missing balls flashed across the box as opposed to no one being within 10m.

Good moments, quite a lot of sloppiness and looked leggy in the second half.

Raw materials are there though, really enjoying him.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Just because a player went to another club it doesn’t mean he was «gettable» for everyone else. It was never a choice between getting either Kane or Højlund.

crossy1686

career ending
It was nice to see someone at least missing balls flashed across the box as opposed to no one being within 10m.

Good moments, quite a lot of sloppiness and looked leggy in the second half.

Raw materials are there though, really enjoying him.
Exactly, got in all the right positions but just couldn't put any away. The goals will come for sure, he's doing all the right things. You wouldn't have seen Martial anywhere near any of those chances we got.

He had a reasonably good game. Made lots of runs and was in the box hunting for opportunities. Hard to say if he really played well or it was just refreshing to have an actual striker in the team doing striker things.

But then he's young and the PL is a big step up. It will take time. Either way he is moving us in the right direction.

zaafi

He is nothing like Cavani. Cavani positioning and movement was top class. Hojlund's movement is something which worries me the most.
He is exactly like a young Cavani and it's his movement, runs and natural striker's instincts that are his strengths, and very good for a 20 year old. How you can say that he is nothing like Cavani with a straight face is baffling, as he is the one striker he has been compared to the most.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He will be a Premier League great. Give him some time to bed in.

Abraxas

I'd just say Hojlund is the classic old school 9 prospect. Often they were a bit rough around the edges but physically built for it with good instincts and finishing. I think it's only because they became a bit rarer at the top level for a period that I think people are semi surprised he's not technically polished because the game has moved towards technique across the front line. But if straight forward 9s are to come back in with a vengeance then you will probably see more of this kind of prospect. Every player has strengths and weaknesses, if they were big, strong, fast, excellent link up, great finishing you'd already be talking world class not a 20 year old stepping up from middling Serie A. So I think in that respect his profile is exactly as expected.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His ball control and first touch worry me. I don’t expect he is superb in those aspects but in the Burnley game it doesn’t look good.
It is more difficult to control a ball with a defender on your back. Far more difficult. That's why it's a skill that is almost never seen among young players. He does it, inconsistently, but he tries for it constantly. That's what is hugely encouraging and needs to be looked at. Dzeko and Lewandowski are 2 of the best in the modern era at receiving under pressure... they did not receive the ball like that when they were 20 years old. It's not a concern, it's just an understanding of how development works with young players.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
What are we realistically hoping for in terms of league goals this year? 10?

fps

If Man Utd had acted like the big boy United of the past, they would have bought him three years ago in a British record deal. Kane wanted United.

fps

I'd just say Hojlund is the classic old school 9 prospect. Often they were a bit rough around the edges but physically built for it with good instincts and finishing. I think it's only because they became a bit rarer at the top level for a period that I think people are semi surprised he's not technically polished because the game has moved towards technique across the front line. But if straight forward 9s are to come back in with a vengeance then you will probably see more of this kind of prospect. Every player has strengths and weaknesses, if they were big, strong, fast, excellent link up, great finishing you'd already be talking world class not a 20 year old stepping up from middling Serie A. So I think in that respect his profile is exactly as expected.
Considering we're currently playing with no right-wing threat and no proper wing play, I think he’s looked decent. He’s a good athlete. Will he be a good centre forward?

Trequarista10

Why would Kane have joined United? He left Spurs where he was a club legend to win major trophies. United don't offer that prospect currently.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When we don't sign a player then he is either "not gettable" or "we were not interested anyway".
That is becoming boring. He was gettable. For months all rumours around him were that we are interested and that he is keen to come here.

We decided to not pay over 100 mil for him. That is the whole truth. Were we right or wrong time will tell.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
When we don't sign a player then he is either "not gettable" or "we were not interested anyway".
That is becoming boring. He was gettable. For months all rumours around him were that we are interested and that he is keen to come here.

We decided to not pay over 100 mil for him. That is the whole truth. Were we right or wrong time will tell.
Why on earth would Harry Kane want to join United? Over Bayern too, no less. He left Spurs to challenge for big trophies.

Aside from the profile of playing for United, moving to United from Spurs is a sidewards step.

Tarrou

how is it possible you exist in this dimension and believe this?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why on earth would Harry Kane want to join United? Over Bayern too, no less. He left Spurs to challenge for big trophies.

Aside from the profile of playing for United, moving to United from Spurs is a sidewards step.
Well, he wanted to come here. I will believe to dozen rumours which were in media. Journos close to our club were reporting it also.
You believe in what you want if you feel better about it.