g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's young so can and should obviously get better but there is nothing about his ball control or runs that shout elite. He looks clunky.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Looking a little clunky I agree. Monitoring the situation.

AshRK

He looks quite raw. Martial at 20 seemed a supreme talent in comparison. Hopefully hojlund at 26 is a better striker than Martial.

croadyman

He's young so can and should obviously get better but there is nothing about his ball control or runs that shout elite. He looks clunky.
Still would like us to go for either Toney in January (don't see it happening) or IF Jassim was successful then Osimhen next summer. I feel we need to bring in an elite option for him to shadow.

Yakuza_devils

Don't worry about this lad. Work rate alone its day and night compared to our other strikers. He will come good.

croadyman

Got a really bad feeling, little slip ball from Gore tonight and he's not sniffing it out.

He's not sharp, hopefully it's fitness but top strikers is all over that kind of slip ball.
His interrupted pre season and delayed start to his Utd career hasn't helped things

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He will be fine. You don't need silky skills to score. Just the presence of mind to enter the box at the right time and place

jeepers

Got a really bad feeling, little slip ball from Gore tonight and he's not sniffing it out.

He's not sharp, hopefully it's fitness but top strikers is all over that kind of slip ball.
Gore did very well until the pass, in my opinion. The pass was sloppy and did not have enough weight on it for Hojlund to run on to.

Hojlund seemed like he was caught in two minds before deciding to turn and run on to the pass. I feel he should’ve instead taken a touch then spread the ball to Garnacho (to maintain possession) or he should have stuck out his right leg and gotten his foot between the ball and the palace defender’s foot to win a free kick.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Can I highly recommend not making judgement calls on new strikers two full games into their Utd careers.

Rojofiam

He looks quite raw. Martial at 20 seemed a supreme talent in comparison. Hopefully hojlund at 26 is a better striker than Martial.
Martial was an amazing talent as well (won the Golden Boy award for a reason) and ahead of Hojlund at the same age, but they're different types of strikers and if there's one thing I've learned in the last couple of years, it's that development is not linear.

If Hojlund has the right mentality, he will be one the best strikers around 6 years from now. Without a doubt. The tools are all there.

JeffFromHK

Martial was an amazing talent as well (won the Golden Boy award for a reason) and ahead of Hojlund at the same age, but they're different types of strikers and if there's one thing I've learned in the last couple of years, it's that development is not linear.

If Hojlund has the right mentality, he will be one the best strikers around 6 years from now. Without a doubt. The tools are all there.
yes,

Drogba, van Nistelrooy, David Villa, etc, were all nobodies in football world at 20, turned out to be world class strikers.

Balotteli, Bojan, Pato were taunted as world class talents at 20 but their talents never materialized.

Rojofiam

yes,

Drogba, van Nistelrooy, David Villa, etc, were all nobodies in football world at 20, turned out to be world class strikers.

Balotteli, Bojan, Pato were taunted as world class talents at 20 but their talents never materialized.
There are a lot of factors, talent alone isn't enough. Work rate, environment, coaches, managers, injury record, game time, luck, etc.

Savlehest

It’s pretty unfair in his age to be called savior and main striker at the biggest club in the world. We should without doubt get a older target man next transfer window. Not because he is bad, I really like Hojlund. But because he needs someone to learn from and some to take the pressure off him. Just like the rest of the kids.

One of the best thing. He is a big fan of the club and ready to work his ass off to get better. We already hear him and Rashford had trained extra to link up better.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He will need a lot of time and work. I thought that was clear for all of us when we bought him

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He will need a lot of time and work. I thought that was clear for all of us when we bought him
Oh people know that but they just can't help themselves. It's wired into their brain to criticise every little thing these days.

Mike Smalling

It’s pretty unfair in his age to be called savior and main striker at the biggest club in the world. We should without doubt get a older target man next transfer window. Not because he is bad, I really like Hojlund. But because he needs someone to learn from and some to take the pressure off him. Just like the rest of the kids.

One of the best thing. He is a big fan of the club and ready to work his ass off to get better. We already hear him and Rashford had trained extra to link up better.
It's an unfortunate consequence of where we are as a club. Every time we make a big signing, he is meant to immediately fill a gap and be the solution that takes us to the next level. There is no room for error with our transfers, so every one of them comes with extra scrutiny and added pressure for the players. Meanwhile, City can spunk £100m on Grealish as a marginal improvement and no one really batted, when he got 3 league goals in his first season.

It's also a stark contrast to when we at one of our strongest points under SAF. Having just won the league in 2007, we were in a position of strength and out and got Tevez, Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves to add to the depth and future proofing the team.

RuudTom83

Give Hojlund 70-80 mins at the weekend with Martial picking up the remaining mins.

Manage them both. Having 2 games a week is perfect for them to share the load.

But we should remember he is a CF, so anyone expecting him to play like Rashford or Garnacho is going to be disappointed, for comparison Martial had a quiet game overall last night, but a lot of the time their job is to occupy the CB's.

Crimson King

Give Hojlund 70-80 mins at the weekend with Martial picking up the remaining mins.

Manage them both. Having 2 games a week is perfect for them to share the load.

But we should remember he is a CF, so anyone expecting him to play like Rashford or Garnacho is going to be disappointed, for comparison Martial had a quiet game overall last night, but a lot of the time their job is to occupy the CB's.
I mean the best example of this point is Haaland. The guy will touch the ball about 9 times a match and score a hattrick! Then on the other end you have Kane, who drops deep and sprays the ball about. A much rarer trait in modern CFs.

I'm not sure Højlund will reach the level of either of them, but he's more similar in style to Haaland. We should get used to seeing him be fairly quiet for long stretches, especially if the rest of the team aren't clicking and giving him the service he'll need to prosper.

Good early signs though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Also fair to remember that he showed up injured, and as far as I’m aware, didn’t have much (any?) preseason with Atalanta. He’ll get going a little later. Like most of our team right now

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The biggest thing that has changed with him is his hair. Much better now.

Manchester hairdressers > Bergamo.

IrishRedDevil

Still not fit, but he is still pressing more than any other player in the league.

Except for our Hannibal.

Borninthe80ts

Maybe it’s just me but I like the little I’ve seen so far. Good worker, good positioning and an awareness of teammates and a desire to be involved in the build up play.
These are the traits I was expecting and ones which will benefit the team rather than an elite touch.

His strength will be his strength and fight, the goals will come.

Stacks

What if he does not have the ability to do so. Mentality is just one thing. How can you make such a claim? its not like his raw ability is spectacular. Maybe I would have said this about a young Fernando Torres as you could see his raw ability was superior to many experienced pros. Most young players simply do not become one of the best around, even if we will it as fans. Thats a big weight to put on his shoulders imo

Rojofiam

What if he does not have the ability to do so. Mentality is just one thing. How can you make such a claim? its not like his raw ability is spectacular. Maybe I would have said this about a young Fernando Torres as you could see his raw ability was superior to many experienced pros. Most young players simply do not become one of the best around, even if we will it as fans. Thats a big weight to put on his shoulders imo
Let's come back to this at the end of the season.

UpWithRivers

Saying he's our first choice striker and at the same time saying he's young and needs time is an oxymoron.

UpWithRivers

How? Both are demonstrably true.
Yet still both things are true
Obviously not unless you think we are Villa or Spurs etc. We are Man Utd. You come into the first team and you are have to perform. Sure players have been known to take a while to settle but then they are not first teamers until they perform. Hojlund should be judged on the fact that he is our first choice striker. Excuses like he's young doesn't matter

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Obviously not unless you think we are Villa or Spurs etc. We are Man Utd. You come into the first team and you are have to perform. Sure players have been known to take a while to settle but then they are not first teamers until they perform. Hojlund should be judged on the fact that he is our first choice striker. Excuses like he's young doesn't matter
And yet its still true, being United does not change that.
Him being young isn't an excuse its a fact

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Sounds like a load of cack to me designed as an excuse to take further pops at our own players. Yes we have expectations out of our first choice striker, but they are obviously going to be lower between Harry Kane and Hojland because one’s a world class striker and another is a young kid learning his game.

UpWithRivers

And yet its still true, being United does not change that.
Him being young isn't an excuse its a fact
Sounds like a load of cack to me designed as an excuse to take further pops at our own players. Yes we have expectations out of our first choice striker, but they are obviously going to be lower between Harry Kane and Hojland because one’s a world class striker and another is a young kid learning his game.
Mejbri is the same age as him. Played similar games, international etc. Yet we can say Mejbri is not ready for the first team and he needs time to develop. But with Hojlund he should be a first teamer and have all the time to develop. Makes sense