g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can't get over the fact that he is clearly fouled in nearly all the highlights and lowlights that you find, if referees did their job his life would be different.

RedStarUnited

Yup. I think we just have to come to terms with the market and realise that 60 million punds isn't that much for a striker with potential these days. Even the days of Pogba for 86 million seem far gone.
Yep considering a younger less proven Bellingham just went for a similar fee. Hell Tchouameni signed last year for £70m or so.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We wouldn't be challenging this season anyway, so?
I disagree, United ran out of steam last year partly because of squad depth, which has been improved, and lack of striking option which hasn't yet but probably will be

We drew or lost numerous games last season that we should have won due to not scoring, turn those results around and we're pretty close

massey

I can't get over the fact that he is clearly fouled in nearly all the highlights and lowlights that you find, if referees did their job his life would be different.
I noticed that aswell,maybe the referees are a bit more lenient in the serie A but most of those would be given here when the defenders are proper backing into him and he's lost footing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Going to be one of those bigger strikers that doesn't get the soft fouls because they are just bigger than most opponents. Guys like that who invite CB contact get pushed and pulled around like mad - part of why it takes them longer to break out IMO. But a huge plus being willing to go into those duels.

Chairman Steve

Under Woodward, we’d have still been chasing Kane and probably only signed one of Mount or Onana.

OmarUnited4ever

Hopefully this gets done soon so he can join the last parts of the team's pre season, he is already involved in his current team pre-season so he shouldn't have an issue fitness wise or match sharpness wise, but will need time to gel with the team tactically plus the normal easing in process, so getting him sooner will help in that regard

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Hopefully he won't be Haaland from Wish, or that meme with: "Mom can we have Haaland"? Mom: "we have Haaland at home".
People will do that regardless of how he does because football fans on twitter are gibbering idiots.

tidraKS

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m really excited about having a #9 who will cause havoc near the opponent’s goal, will try to score with his left, right, head, put his body everywhere, link up play, run, press, run into channels. I think he has these attributes, and could result to be a great player for us.

We’ve missed this kind of player.

jadaba

The impact of his movement and initiative is something I'm looking forward to seeing, he seems a proactive, agile player who'll attack the empty spaces to force opportunities and especially encourage a dynamism to Anthony's decision-making by creating alternative openings. Even if his goalscoring takes a while to get going, I reckon he'll be exciting to watch.

I can understand concerns that we're not going after a more guaranteed goalscorer for immediate numbers this season, but how many guaranteed goalscorers have flopped for us recently? He seems hungry and determined, I find it refreshing that he's enthusiastic to sign for us for reasons deeper than an irresistible payday, gives me confidence that while we are paying for potential instead of product, at least we're going after someone who'll truly be motivated to perform for us.

Reactions: Penna

JPRouve

Scout
I noticed that aswell,maybe the referees are a bit more lenient in the serie A but most of those would be given here when the defenders are proper backing into him and he's lost footing.
I had the same impression during the games he played with Denmark. He just looked like a very difficult player to handle for defenders, even when they rough him up he doesn't go away which in most sports tend to influence referees, that's why many players go down when they understand how it works. Here you have players pushing him with both hands, yanking his arm when he runs by them or they kick his legs when he holds up the ball.

And I actually find that interesting because for a young player, he seems to be way more powerful than average. On that particular topic, it reminds me Drogba who was a freakishly strong player, he wasn't brutish in the way he played but you could see that very few defenders had a legitimate ability to control him physically.

JPRouve

Scout
Going to be one of those bigger strikers that doesn't get the soft fouls because they are just bigger than most opponents. Guys like that who invite CB contact get pushed and pulled around like mad - part of why it takes them longer to break out IMO. But a huge plus being willing to go into those duels.
If he scores goals and make a name for himself defenders will have to change their tactics.

Rolaholic

He'll score a decent amount of goals just by virtue of being much more mobile than our recent strikers and getting into good positions regularly playing with the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Eriksen, Mount, Garnacho, Sancho and Antony behind him

Hoof the ball

We should be careful not to think too myopically about Hojlund, either. I don't think that the point is to rely on him. Remember, we had Ronaldo not long ago and we relied on him for goals, and he scored a lot of them, but it didn't help because he didn't help others score more, or press better. This is the mindset we need to have coming into this season.

It's not about relying on Hojlund to bag 20 goals. No. Its about Hojlund being a tactical help to such an extent that Rashford, Sancho, Mount, Bruno, Antony, Garnacho, etc, all are able to benefit from his CF strengths and cumulatively score more than Hojlund could so that we don't have to rely on a single forward. And naturally, as the team scores more, so does Hojlund, but the focus on individualism is a detraction from what his skillset could do for the team overall.

Rolaholic

Fair fecks to the club, we've done some pretty exciting stuff this summer.
Gotten all our priority needs taken care of before the season starts, feels good for a change :lol::drool:

Now work on a few outgoings and we can likely get in a depth signing or 2 as well

georgipep

I agree and hence a player like Amrabat could well be a very interesting signing for us. Hopefully we can get this deal done with Atalanta and move on to signing a first phase midfielder.
Juve banned from European competition due to FFP violations. Locatelli may actually be on!

greater wall

I had the same impression during the games he played with Denmark. He just looked like a very difficult player to handle for defenders, even when they rough him up he doesn't go away which in most sports tend to influence referees, that's why many players go down when they understand how it works. Here you have players pushing him with both hands, yanking his arm when he runs by them or they kick his legs when he holds up the ball.

And I actually find that interesting because for a young player, he seems to be way more powerful than average. On that particular topic, it reminds me Drogba who was a freakishly strong player, he wasn't brutish in the way he played but you could see that very few defenders had a legitimate ability to control him physically.
Mark Hughes was one who would have a constant battle with his defender and hold the ball up. Dwight Yorke played that role well as well in a different way. Sheringham was good as well using his body well. It is such an important role for the team. Looking forward to seeing him play in the team.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We should be careful not to think too myopically about Hojlund, either. I don't think that the point is to rely on him. Remember, we had Ronaldo not long ago and we relied on him for goals, and he scored a lot of them, but it didn't help because he didn't help others score more, or press better. This is the mindset we need to have coming into this season.

It's not about relying on Hojlund to bag 20 goals. No. Its about Hojlund being a tactical help to such an extent that Rashford, Sancho, Mount, Bruno, Antony, Garnacho, etc, all are able to benefit from his CF strengths and cumulatively score more than Hojlund could so that we don't have to rely on a single forward. And naturally, as the team scores more, so does Hojlund, but the focus on individualism is a detraction from what his skillset could do for the team overall.
Silent Domination II - Return of the Silence

Tony247

I’m trying to get excited and I just found his Finland game, looked amazing there, the movement for the first goal especially was amazing and something not seen by a United striker since probably RVP. What a difference to a statue Martial he will be. For those who haven’t seen this highlights yet:

That is genuinely great display as CF.

Real Name

Weren't we supposed to turn the page this summer and start being sensible/not overpay for players? I thought I read that somewhere at the start of the summer.

Three signings later and I fail to see what's different. We're being bent over and fecked like always.
Literally everything wrong with this post.

AndySmith1990

Excited by this. Also good on Murtough for bringing in three of Ten Hag's priority signings before the season kicks off

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah, the bottom line of “how many goals will he score?” is important and perhaps the main concern because his finishing is a little rustic, let’s say. But I do think he will have a big impact on how many goals the team is able to score.
he will add to the team that’s for sure but I just don’t see him hitting 15+ goals which is what we need. I’ve watched his compilations on YouTube and he misses quite a lot of what seems like easy chances. I feel like we will get a Nunez type player not a Kane type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.