Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

A blind man could have seen Haaland was destined for the top. Hard to imagine this fella has ever shown he is on the same level.
If you're going to worry about a player's touch at 20, when it isn't even bad, you're going to worry about every potential talent we're linked to.
Where was Lewandowski at 20? Højlund has shown far more at 20 than Lewandowski did at the same age, for instance.

Mainoldo

If you're going to worry about a player's touch at 20, when it isn't even bad, you're going to worry about every potential talent we're linked to.
Where was Lewandowski at 20? Højlund has shown far more at 20 than Lewandowski did at the same age, for instance.
But his touch is his touch. That will stay with him regardless. Wherever Lewandowski was at 20, his touch was great.

Who’s questioning his touch anyway. I had a quick look. It’s fine.

Lyng

But his touch is his touch. That will stay with him regardless. Wherever Lewandowski was at 20, his touch was great.
Højlunds touch and ball control is way better than Haaland so what is the point exactly?

Crimson King

You make yourself look foolish and clueless when it comes to football with takes like this.

Edgy though.
He's in good company on this site at the moment. If I put all these chumps on ignore then there'd probably only be a handful of posters whom I respect left.

redcucumber

Højlunds touch and ball control is way better than Haaland so what is the point exactly?
Are you saying that because you're a Dane, or because you genuinely and objectively believe that Hojlund's touch is way better than Haaland's?

redcucumber

Who’s questioning his touch anyway. I had a quick look. It’s fine.
From his highlight reels I felt like his touch was a bit average and that he was able to compensate by being faster and more physical to get to the ball than his opponent. I felt the same when watching Nunez before he joined Liverpool. It was a fairly innocuous observation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It is? Haaland is a better finisher and better in the air, but Højlund is better on the ball.
Tell me if I'm misremembering it but Hojlund played against France as a sub when Denmmark beat them and he was an absolute pain, physical, combative and seemed to be a threat in the air. His positioning in the box seemed to be very good too.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Are you saying that because you're a Dane, or because you genuinely and objectively believe that Hojlund's touch is way better than Haaland's?
No, Hojlund touch is better. Haaland's strengths are physical and in his head, he is a smart player but he doesn't have elite technique.

Mainoldo

From his highlight reels I felt like his touch was a bit average and that he was able to compensate by being faster and more physical to get to the ball than his opponent. I felt the same when watching Nunez before he joined Liverpool. It was a fairly innocuous observation.
For overall performance it’s best to get a highlight reel comparison of him in one game you’ll get a better understanding of his touch and movement.

Idxomer

It is? Haaland is a better finisher and better in the air, but Højlund is better on the ball.
He's a better dribbler but doesn't have a better first touch.

Hojlund fails to control the ball 4.62 times per 90 which puts him in the bottom 3 percentile across Europe's big 5 leagues.

zaafi

Hojlund fails to control the ball 4.62 times per 90 which puts him in the bottom 3 percentile across Europe's big 5 leagues.
This is one of the examples that show that stats don't really paint the whole picture. Haaland is extremely inconsistent with his touches, but he is able to make up for it with his explosiveness and strength and will easily bully defenders.
Stats might show Højlund fail to control the ball more per 90, but that doesn't mean he has a worse touch.
Haaland loves to run in behind defenders and Højlund plays with his back to goal. It is significantly more difficult to control the ball with a defender in your back than to chase a ball behind the defenders.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
He's in good company on this site at the moment. If I put all these chumps on ignore then there'd probably only be a handful of posters whom I respect left.
Yeah I feel you. It’s a sign of the times on the internet these days. This forum was great 15 years ago but is complete different now, hence why I don’t usually post as much.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Knowing our board we'll go for Kane most of the summer only to not get him and then go for Hojlund last minute and Atalanta will want 70m for leaving it late. When we should just go for Hojlund to begin with
So true

Lyng

Well you have to look at the combined stats though. Haaland only has 24,39 touches per 90 which is quite abit lower than Højlund.

SAF is the GOAT

How's his ball control with right foot ? how's his shooting with his right foot ? Really hope he's not very dependent on his left strong foot(we already have someone like that on our squad)
How's his first touch ?
How's his hold up play ?
How's his ability in tight spaces ?

@Adnan What is your opinion on him ?

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
This is one of the examples that show that stats don't really paint the whole picture. Haaland is extremely inconsistent with his touches, but he is able to make up for it with his explosiveness and strength and will easily bully defenders.
Stats might show Højlund fail to control the ball more per 90, but that doesn't mean he has a worse touch.
Haaland loves to run in behind defenders and Højlund plays with his back to goal. It is significantly more difficult to control the ball with a defender in your back than to chase a ball behind the defenders.
It's also a stat that can't be used without context. The chances to control a ball properly depends a lot on how the ball was passed, in fact it's something that has bothered me a lot over the years with United, too many of our players pass the ball without putting it in a spot that is convenient for their teammate.

Last edited:

Lyng

Tell me if I'm misremembering it but Hojlund played against France as as sub when Denmmark beat them and he was an absolute pain, physical, combative and seemed to be a threat in the air. His positioning in the box seemed to be very good too.
Yes he came on after 60 minutes in that match. The 2-0 in the Nations league that is.

Lyng

It's also a stat that can't be used without context. The chances to control a ball properly depends a lot on how the ball was passed, in fact it's something that has bothered me a lot over the years with United, too many of our players pass the ball without putting it in spot that is convenient for their teammate.
Maguire is probably one of the best examples of this. His passing completion stat is not bad, but very often the ball would be to slow or to fast and just enough misplaced to make it an issue for his teammate.

Xaviboy

The latest reports so far aren't really painting him as a back up player :(
Maybe him and Rashford will be our CF options next season and then we do bring in a LW for depth. Some reports other day said Ten Hag looking for a LW for depth along with another midfielder along with Mount.

Idxomer

Well you have to look at the combined stats though. Haaland only has 24,39 touches per 90 which is quite abit lower than Højlund.
Good points, gotta admit he's someone I need to watch more. I do like though that he looks to be a good dribbler, we need that in our forward line.

Chairman Steve

I’d happily have Hojlund with Neymar on loan, if we can’t get Kane (which seems to be our first choice going by the media).

Hojlund won’t outscore Haaland but I can see him making up for it with more assists than Haaland.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

That's also just a young player thing. Pretty sure Garnacho for example is in the bottom 1 percent in this. Wanted to see Haaland in the past but fbref is being weird.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's not that it stands out as being a particular issue, it's just that it doesn't look anything special and looks fairly average (same as Nunez at Benfica).
I thought he has very fine touch. Rarely have I seen a player with his kind of size, pace and touch at the same time. He has some very good potential to work around with.

redcucumber

No, Hojlund touch is better. Haaland's strengths are physical and in his head, he is a smart player but he doesn't have elite technique.
Haaland tends to score with a lot of his first touches, so if Hojlund has that level of ability with his touch we're in the money. I've clearly not seen as much as Hojlund as you so I can't comment beyond Brazilian Scout's 5 minute highlight reel (which shows his best stuff).

bosskeano

If the club has limited funds are they not better spent on an established forward?
yes, but we don't know what funds are available and honestly it looks like we have a number of players being offloaded. we could sell henderson for say 40m and that money pays for Hojlund so it doesn't touch our budget

Negative Red

He looks like a decent prospect. My concern would be that most of his goals look like they come inside the six yard box. I'm not sure how many chances our wide players are likely to make for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.