Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ya you’re right. We are excellent at sorting out transfers In time for pre season for our manager to integrate them. My bad.
Yes ignore the fact you are wrong about us only reacting to the possibility of not getting Kane now

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Shows nothing. Even Haaland and Kane have games like that. It is more interesting to see what he can do.
Interestingly this video managed to hide the fact that Upamecano was awful during that game. :lol:

El-Manos

Yes ignore the fact you are wrong about us only reacting to the possibility of not getting Kane now
You do realise the club isn’t faultless ya? It took Casemiro a month to get ready to start due to our incompetence of sorting out transfers in time. We’ll ignore that shall we? We are not proactive in the transfer market that’s a well known fact. We don’t exactly have a good reputation for sorting out transfer in a timely manner; are you going to dispute that now as well? Also, what reaction are you referring to? We haven’t even bid for anyone yet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You do realise the club isn’t faultless ya? It took Casemiro a month to get ready to start due to our incompetence of sorting out transfers in time. We’ll ignore that shall we? We are not proactive in the transfer market that’s a well known fact. We don’t exactly have a good reputation for sorting out transfer in a timely manner; are you going to dispute that now as well? Also, what reaction are you referring to? We haven’t even bid for anyone yet.
None of that has anything to do with the fact you was wrong about this situation

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Club isn't faultless but expecting club to complete all transfers before preseason is unrealistic expectations.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
We say this every year. We are incredibly disorganised when it comes to organising transfers. They never get a pre season in the way the manager would like. This isn’t some newfound information, everyone knows this.
The counter to the fact the window hasn’t opened is absurd.

Of course clubs and players talk prior to window, but fansare Rarely going to find out until a deal is done.

Deals are generally done when the window is open

El-Manos

The counter to the fact the window hasn’t opened is absurd.

Of course clubs and players talk prior to window, but fansare Rarely going to find out until a deal is done.

Deals are generally done when the window is open
We say this every year( transfer window isn’t even open yet bla bla) and draw the same conclusion whenever the window closes. Short term memory loss for a lot people it seems. The club isn’t perfect, we aren’t that organised when it comes to transfers, it’s ok to admit this. Anyway we are derailing the thread. I’m not replying anymore.

Shake Jism

He's not in the same class as Osimhen. We should be shopping at Waitrose, not Lidl.

Chungy

He's not in the same class as Osimhen. We should be shopping at Waitrose, not Lidl.
We probably can't afford Osimhen (this is also why I've always been doubtful about getting Kane this summer as well). The guy's going to cost 100m + high wages, and we probably won't be able to afford that unless he's our only signing this summer.

And I know, we can sell this and that player for this or that amount and get loads of cash, and buy Rice, Caicedo, Frimpong, Costa, Neymar, etc...... But realistically, we'd probably only be able to get fees for 2, maybe 3 players max (McT, maybe Maguire), and be able to raise 50m max in total.

L1nk

But he could be in the same class as Osimhen that’s the point. Not sure whats happened to this fanbase we used to love buying talented young players and now all anyone wants is unrealistic mega star summer windows. All big teams buy young talented players or system players who perhaps aren’t in the bracket of the top players in the world but everytime they are suggested its no we should be buying Neymar, Osimhen, Mbappe, Diogo Costa, KMJ, Caicedo, Rice etc no matter how unrealistic or stupid it sounds and if we don’t then we’ve failed and we’re about to get relegated

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But he could be in the same class as Osimhen that’s the point. Not sure whats happened to this fanbase we used to love buying talented young players and now all anyone wants is unrealistic mega star summer windows. All big teams buy young talented players or system players who perhaps aren’t in the bracket of the top players in the world but everytime they are suggested its no we should be buying Neymar, Osimhen, Mbappe, Diogo Costa, KMJ, Caicedo, Rice etc no matter how unrealistic or stupid it sounds and if we don’t then we’ve failed and we’re about to get relegated
Im sick and tired of forking out 40m for "could be" players to be frank.
Fine for the lower fees but this is a big outlay. I wouldn't mind it for Ferguson but Hojlund looks more raw in his abilities and that too in a lesser league.

L1nk

Apart from Amad and Pellistri when have we last done that? We have a worst record in recent memory of shelling out ridiculous sums on supposedly quality players that has left us with unsellable dross on ridiculous wages for multiple seasons

Ferguson isnt gonna cost 40 though is he

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Moussa Dembele and Marcus Thurman are both available on a free. Dembele isn’t too class but could be an experienced bench option.
You can rule Thuram out as both Milan and PSG are the frontrunners at the moment. It looks like United are mainly looking at both Kolo Muani and Højlund as Kane becomes less attainable this summer.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
We say this every year( transfer window isn’t even open yet bla bla) and draw the same conclusion whenever the window closes. Short term memory loss for a lot people it seems. The club isn’t perfect, we aren’t that organised when it comes to transfers, it’s ok to admit this. Anyway we are derailing the thread. I’m not replying anymore.
No drama here brother.

Have a good one

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Apart from Amad and Pellistri when have we last done that? We have a worst record in recent memory of shelling out ridiculous sums on supposedly quality players that has left us with unsellable dross on ridiculous wages for multiple seasons

Ferguson isnt gonna cost 40 though is he
Hel probably be less. Had one season in the PL and is 18.

Baxquux

You can rule Thuram out as both Milan and PSG are the frontrunners at the moment. It looks like United are mainly looking at both Kolo Muani and Højlund as Kane becomes less attainable this summer.
Missed opportunity, if we're really trying to budget and bring in high-quality squad players who can play central or off the wings: yet another example of why the club's judgement continues to be so dubious overall. What do PSG offer except a slightly prettier and 'celebrated' city with a few more high-end restaurants and museums (all things you can just jet to in your days off, or get in London on the fast train) - I like Paris but its still polluted, stagnant, prone to rain, whilst the league's decidedly b-list overall. Serie A is likewise about 4th down on the list of leagues, some good European performances this season notwithstanding. ..

ThanksBoss26

Honestly couldn't see it myself. At a club who doesn't need to sell, they'd keep hold of him for any less on the basis if he kicks on again they'd get much more in a year or two. Of course, he could flop but under no financial pressure that's a chance I'm sure they'd take. I don't think in the current market, where there seems to be an absence of out and out number 9s, 40m this summer would even bring Brighton to the table rightly or wrongly.

I can't say I've seen anything of Hojlund. I saw a clip of the goals he got on his international debut recently and did think no-one we currently have on our books would regularly get those type of six yard box goals, particularly the first two. So I hope he has that in his game, amongst many other things.

L1nk

:lol: :lol: come off it, if he's as talented as you say/think he is you honestly believe Brighton don't see the same thing? He just signed a new contract until 2028 why on earth would Brighton entertain that considering they don't need the money and have just gotten European football. Some of you need a massive reality check on this forum, we can't just go about picking and choosing whatever player/young talent we want from any "smaller" Premier League club these days and pay a pittance

croadyman

Getting both takes some pressure off them

L1nk

This one’s gone back in the shadows then?
I don’t think we’ll move on Hojlund until there is absolute certainty we cannot get Kane. People like Romano and Laurie have said we’ve deep dived on him so that if or when the time comes we can get a deal done pretty quickly, but they’ve also said Kane is the primary objective, so don’t expect movement on this until we get absolute confirmation Kane is off the table, i just hope we don’t leave it too late and someone else snaps him up then we are left without either. I personally hope we get this guy, would be my dream signing for this summer (i know most posters here would think i’m out of my mind)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t think we’ll move on Hojlund until there is absolute certainty we cannot get Kane. People like Romano and Laurie have said we’ve deep dived on him so that if or when the time comes we can get a deal done pretty quickly, but they’ve also said Kane is the primary objective, so don’t expect movement on this until we get absolute confirmation Kane is off the table, i just hope we don’t leave it too late and someone else snaps him up then we are left without either. I personally hope we get this guy, would be my dream signing for this summer (i know most posters here would think i’m out of my mind)
Wow ok, what have you seen that makes you want him so badly?

L1nk

Wow ok, what have you seen that makes you want him so badly?
It could obviously bite me in the ass massively but I believe that whilst he is raw, he has all the attributes to be a quality line leading striker for a club for at least 10 years provided no bad injuries or anything happen to him. Roughly 2-3 years from now I predict he will be worth double to triple (inflation) what the quoted price is now (roughly 40-50mill)

I think he's one of those transfers we need to get a march on whilst we are in prime need of a striker, need to spend cheaper in order to upgrade the rest of the squad, he is massively eager to join us and hit the ground running because he's a huge boyhood fan and because if we don't, someone else will take that chance and I don't think they will regret it in the long run. I get it, we need a finished article striker now, someone like Kane who would probably guarantee us at least 30 goals next season, but I think he'd do that for maybe 3-4 seasons where as I think Hojlund could be with us for at least 6-7 more than that, I could easily see him getting around 20+ goals and multiple assists next season if we got him which - if nothing else - would be a massive improvement on reliability (Martial) and goals scored (Weghorst) than we have now.

Belisarius

Careful what you wish for. I remember when Van Gaal insisted we get our signings done early and we announced Schweinsteiger, Darmian and Schneiderlin on the same day. All done so we would have them before the season began.

I'll take Casemiro a month late over Schneiderlin early any day.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Careful what you wish for. I remember when Van Goal insisted we get our signings done early and we announced Schweinsteiger, Darmian and Schneiderlin on the same day. All done so we would have them before the season began.

But we signed Rashford much earlier when he's still a kid. Would you take Schneiderlin 10 years later over Rashford early?

L1nk

Careful what you wish for. I remember when Van Goal insisted we get our signings done early and we announced Schweinsteiger, Darmian and Schneiderlin on the same day. All done so we would have them before the season began.

To be fair though, they just didn't work out, but on paper it sounded elite. There were so many people just on this forum clamboring for Schneiderlin at the time, and Darmian was one of those hipster wants and who the hell would have said no to Schweinsteiger. Again yeah didn't work on paper but damn everyone on here was sure as hell happy, we thought we got great players, but then the majority of players that have joined us over the years have mostly regressed haven't they? Until very recently that is

moodyred

You can afford to buy young talented players when you have a solid first team. You can't afford to do that at United because we don't even have a proper no. 9. How many more years and money to you want to spend on supposedly talented players and developing them for 5 to 8 years and having issues trying to ship them out? I am tired Robbie.

L1nk

You can afford to buy young talented players when you have a solid first team. You can't afford to do that at United because we don't even have a proper no. 9. How many more years and money to you want to spend on supposedly talented players and developing them for 5 to 8 years and having issues trying to ship them out? I am tired Robbie.
I'm sorry but, we've rarely done this for years now? Most of the players we buy are established players that we've overspent on, overpaid in wages, a lot of them at 25+ or advanced ages that should be at the top of their game, we rarely buy developmental project players, so I don't know what kind of scenario you've made up in your head there where you are tired of the fact we buy nothing but young supposedly talented players we need to develop for 5 years. Perhaps instead we should stop buying supposedly world class shit in their mid 20's that don't progress or show what they are supposedly capable of when they join us.

22/23
Antony - Maybe

Casemiro - No
Lisandro Martinez - No
Tyrell Malacia - Yes
Wout Weghorst - No
Cristian Eriksen - No
Dubravka - No
Marcel Sabitzer - No
Jack Butland - No

21/22
Jadon Sancho - No
Raphael Varane - No
Cristiano Ronaldo - No
Tom Heaton - No

20/21
DVB - No
Amad Diallo - Yes
Alex Telles - No
Facundo Pellistri - Yes
Edinson Cavani - No

19/20
Harry Maguire - No
Bruno Fernandes - No
Aaron Wan Bissaka - No
Daniel James - Yes
Odion Ighalo - No

18/19
Fred - No
Diogo Dalot - Yes
Lee Grant - No

17/18
Romelu Lukaku - No
Nemanja Matic - No
Victor Lindelof - No
Alexis Sanchez - No

Paul Pogba - No
Zlatan - No
Eric Bailly - No
Mkhitaryan - No
Di Maria - No

I could carry on but notice out of 35 players i've highlighted that we've bought over the last 5/6 seasons, only 5 maybe 6 of them have been supposedly talented players, who are young, and need some development. I tell you what i'm tired of Robbie, i'm tired of the fact that the last young talented striker we bought was Anthony Martial back in 2015. Can we please stop buying stop gap strikers without any look towards what's 2/3 seasons ahead of us and actually invest in the future without thinking we need to win the title next season, which, if we blow all our money on say a 30 year old striker without any money left over to upgrade the rest of our squad, we aren't winning said league anyway next year.

NLunited

You can buy this guy for 50 mill or buy a proven guy for 100 mill. I‘d rather take a punt on this one.

skc_18

How on earth did Jose not take this up from Ole
If Ole believed he is gonna be a super star he could have signed him too. Although time window was small (because Haaland already signed with Salzburg) if he had good relation with Haaland and if he knew Haaland would have made difference, he should have signed him.
By the time , everyone is aware of Haaland, he employed Raiola and obviously he had multiple offer to consider.

croadyman

If Ole believed he is gonna be a super star he could have signed him too. Although time window was small (because Haaland already signed with Salzburg) if he had good relation with Haaland and if he knew Haaland would have made difference, he should have signed him.
By the time , everyone is aware of Haaland, he employed Raiola and obviously he had multiple offer to consider.
He tried to sign him before Dortmund

Hester_manc

Danish journalists have asked Højlund if it is correct that he has had a video conference with ETH. Højlund rejects this.

The journalist then asks if Højlund has had contact with United in other ways. But he will not comment on that.

The journalist asks if Højlund will be sold in this window. Here Højlund replies that "now we have to see what happens". He believes that many clubs are missing a number 9 this year.

Højlund says that he is happy at Atalanta. But he wants to play for a club from the top shelf, and United belong here. It would be huge, he says.

Source: www.bold.dk

L1nk

Just been confirmed he has indeed joined the same agency as ETH, wouldn't be surprised if this was brought up after contact with United/ETH. Reminder also that Gakpo joined the same agency and we obviously wanted him before it was confirmed ETH wouldn't be given the funds to get him in January and we had to settle for Weghorst

L1nk

Danish journalists have asked Højlund if it is correct that he has had a video conference with ETH. Højlund rejects this.

The journalist then asks if Højlund has had contact with United in other ways. But he will not comment on that.

The journalist asks if Højlund will be sold in this window. Here Højlund replies that "now we have to see what happens". He believes that many clubs are missing a number 9 this year.

Højlund says that he is happy at Atalanta. But he wants to play for a club from the top shelf, and United belong here. It would be huge, he says.

Source: www.bold.dk
Interesting that he says he hasn't had a video call with ETH but won't comment on if he's spoken to United in some capacity, kinda admits that he has by doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.