Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Interesting that he says he hasn't had a video call with ETH but won't comment on if he's spoken to United in some capacity, kinda admits that he has by doing that
Yeah and signed up with same agency

GreatDane

Danish journalists have asked Højlund if it is correct that he has had a video conference with ETH. Højlund rejects this.

The journalist then asks if Højlund has had contact with United in other ways. But he will not comment on that.

The journalist asks if Højlund will be sold in this window. Here Højlund replies that "now we have to see what happens". He believes that many clubs are missing a number 9 this year.

Højlund says that he is happy at Atalanta. But he wants to play for a club from the top shelf, and United belong here. It would be huge, he says.

Source: www.bold.dk
I think we're going to kick ourselves if we don't get him this summer; he's only going to be more expensive next year.

I'm probably a bit bias but really think he would be a good fit and he would step up if he came here.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I strongly believe we will get him early in the window then play the long game with Levy for Kane and if nothing suffices, we sign a stop gap

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I strongly believe we will get him early in the window then play the long game with Levy for Kane and if nothing suffices, we sign a stop gap
Good call. Although, I think we’ll give up on Kane quite quickly if Levy makes it difficult and Kane doesn’t kick up a fuss.

Hughes35

Hel probably be less. Had one season in the PL and is 18.
If you actually think that then you really need to keep up with the market my friend.

Ferguson would easily be 60-80 million right now.

Coops73

Danish journalists have asked Højlund if it is correct that he has had a video conference with ETH. Højlund rejects this.

The journalist then asks if Højlund has had contact with United in other ways. But he will not comment on that.

The journalist asks if Højlund will be sold in this window. Here Højlund replies that "now we have to see what happens". He believes that many clubs are missing a number 9 this year.

Højlund says that he is happy at Atalanta. But he wants to play for a club from the top shelf, and United belong here. It would be huge, he says.

Source: www.bold.dk
Didn’t know Razzle had a team.

captaincantona

I can see us sticking with Rashford at 9, integrating Hojlund, leaning on Martial when we are desperate. Especially with the rise of Garnacho meaning we won’t rely on Rashford on the left so heavily.

Amad, Antony, Pellistri, Garnacho, Rahsford, Hojlund, Martial.

if this were to be the case we would need to can Sancho and buy a proper alternative in attack…unless Hojlund adapts quickly we will look short of goals again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you actually think that then you really need to keep up with the market my friend.

Ferguson would easily be 60-80 million right now.
No he wouldn't. Caceido is that much and he's in his second year in the PL.

L1nk

No he wouldn't. Caceido is that much and he's in his second year in the PL.
Why would Brighton accept 60 million for arguably their biggest talent ever who just signed a new contract until 2028, why?

Abraxas

Seems dubious to me.

If this fella is valued at 60 million euros, give or take, and Harry Kane is valued at 80-100 million pounds, where are all these funds coming from and can we afford to only target strikers?

I think it's probably an either/or situation. To me signing this lad would indicate we may have given up on Kane and we're just going ahead with Plan B straight away.

I know there is talk of two strikers arriving but I wouldn't have thought that plan was at these price points for Kane and Hojlund.

aeh1991

We should sign Rodrigo of Leeds as a stop gap. He has a 3m relegation clause and knows where the goal is.

NoPace

I can see us sticking with Rashford at 9, integrating Hojlund, leaning on Martial when we are desperate. Especially with the rise of Garnacho meaning we won’t rely on Rashford on the left so heavily.

Amad, Antony, Pellistri, Garnacho, Rahsford, Hojlund, Martial.

if this were to be the case we would need to can Sancho and buy a proper alternative in attack…unless Hojlund adapts quickly we will look short of goals again.
I think it would be either Sancho or a stop gap:

Option A:
Sancho(Garnacho)------Rashford(Hoijlund, Martial)------Antony(Amad, Pellistri)

Option B:

Rashford(Garnacho)------Stopgap(Hoijlund, Martial)------Antony(Amad, Pellistri)

and it's unlikely we can sign a starting quality #9 as a stopgap, and I don't see us paying for a new LW with Garnacho so promising, so my guess would be option A, and maybe we hope that on August 31st, Spurs agree to something like Sancho and 50M for Kane and we pay Sancho a big lump sum like 20M to cover wage differences.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He is really being screwed by Levy. I can really see him sit out his contract but by then most of the clubs would have already signed alternatives.
In the words of Vince McMahon, "the people screwed the people."

Which Kane did when he signed that long term contract at Spurs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
In the words of Vince McMahon, "the people screwed the people."

Which Kane did when he signed that long term contract at Spurs.
I am confused. You mentioned Vince McMahon and Kane and I think of Kane from WWE.

Bondi77

Seems dubious to me.

If this fella is valued at 60 million euros, give or take, and Harry Kane is valued at 80-100 million pounds, where are all these funds coming from and can we afford to only target strikers?

I think it's probably an either/or situation. To me signing this lad would indicate we may have given up on Kane and we're just going ahead with Plan B straight away.

I know there is talk of two strikers arriving but I wouldn't have thought that plan was at these price points for Kane and Hojlund.
Especially when there seems to be strong links with us and Mount and Kim and that will be 100mil or thereabouts.
If we get two strikers I would be extremely surprised as we would have to sell Martial to facilitate this and he ain't going nowhere with the wage he is on

Son

So basically Kane has to push for it if he wants it because we aren't gonna spend all summer having mind sex with Levy. Cool.
I doubt Kane will push for it. He’s a hero at Tottenham and it’s his team. Like Shearer at Newcastle I can see him been one of those “what if” players for us.

He might be best staying at Spurs even without the trophies. United is pretty brutal as we’ve seen many times.

It’s not the be all and end all when you’ve already built a legacy like he has at a large club.

He’ll forever be paid well and one trophy for spurs would be worth many for him here.

Crimson King

He'll draw a lot of fouls with his hold up play in the Prem.

Add in a cheeky bid for James Ward Prowse and lo and behold - goals!
No thanks. Top teams shouldn't shoe horn average players into a team just for set pieces.

You want to bring Delap out of retirement to take long throws as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.