Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

Fabrizio Romano didn’t tweet that, dude. Someone just tagged him him on their tweet. Check Romano’s page, didn’t tweet anything like that. So like I said, not credible.
He got live talks and podcasts all the time. Not very fan of that aggregator tbf, but it might very well be Romano saying that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fabrizio Romano didn’t tweet that, dude. Someone just tagged him him on their tweet. Check Romano’s page, didn’t tweet anything like that. So like I said, not credible.
Romano goes to lot of Youtube channels as a guest and gives the news. I read somewhere that he said this in one of the video.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The United stand have a podcast I think or YouTube think that Fabrizio regularly appears on and gives a random update on United transfer dealings. He tweets his updates, that's not really an update, just a situation clarification.

L1nk

Is that a credible source? Doesn’t look it
Fabrizio Romano? Uh yeah, he was just being interviewed on TheUnitedStand youtube channel is all, Fabrizio is about as reliable as you can get outside of Ornstein etc

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What is going on with some of these transfer fees? A player I haven’t even heard of being quoted at 70m. Seriously it’s so difficult to buy players these days.

I’m convinced the likes of City are paying double what’s reported under the table.

L1nk

Bayern are chasing him now as well, so unless we get serious we might end up losing KMJ and him to Bayern

GreatDane

Fabrizio Romano? Uh yeah, he was just being interviewed on TheUnitedStand youtube channel is all, Fabrizio is about as reliable as you can get outside of Ornstein etc
Genuine question because I don't know and just been viewing Romano as a tap in merchant, but when was the last time he actually broke a story and didn't just piggy back on others?

TheRedHearted

He got live talks and podcasts all the time. Not very fan of that aggregator tbf, but it might very well be Romano saying that.
Romano goes to lot of Youtube channels as a guest and gives the news. I read somewhere that he said this in one of the video.
So wouldn’t it have been in quotes? The “transfer source” just tagged Romano in it. He didn’t put quotes

3:45 - Holjund really really wants Manchester United

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What is going on with some of these transfer fees? A player I haven’t even heard of being quoted at 70m. Seriously it’s so difficult to buy players these days.

I’m convinced the likes of City are paying double what’s reported under the table.
To be fair, players like Hojlund, Kolo Muani, etc are in their first seasons with their respective clubs and have long term contracts. That's why massive fees are being quoted, as in reality they would be happy to keep for another season and see them justify that fee.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Bayern are chasing him now as well, so unless we get serious we might end up losing KMJ and him to Bayern
Bayern doing a Chelsea and robbing everyone’s targets. If we really want him though he’ll choose us since he’s a fan. If we don’t push for him then he’ll join someone els.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So wouldn’t it have been in quotes? The “transfer source” just tagged Romano in it. He didn’t put quotes

3:45 - Holjund really really wants Manchester United

Most people get what that tweet meant, I mean it's very commonly used method.

MUFC OK

Another one bites the dust? :lol: :confused:

This tactic of sounding players out and doing nothing is not working.. will miss out on all targets if it continues.

luke511

I’d love for us to sign a young striker like Zan Vipotnik for pennies alongside Hojlund, as an experiment to see the true value of a successful striker from a smaller European league.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Being on a shortlist doesn't necessarily mean that they're working to bring him in. At this point, Bayern Munich are actively working to bring in new centre backs to replace both Lucas Hernandez and Benjamin Pavard. I'd expect them to address their striker situation once they sort out their centre backs. As of now, United are still ahead of Bayern Munich for Højlund.

glasgow 21

This tactic of sounding players out and doing nothing is not working.. will miss out on all targets if it continues.
only thing on this one is , is he not a United fan ? bar that yes it will be another biting the dust. Are we onto 4th choices yet ?

L1nk

Being on a shortlist doesn't necessarily mean that they're working to bring him in. At this point, Bayern Munich are actively working to bring in new centre backs to replace both Lucas Hernandez and Benjamin Pavard. I'd expect them to address their striker situation once they sort out their centre backs. As of now, United are still ahead of Bayern Munich for Højlund.
If we seriously want him i'd bet 10/10 he'd pick us anyway because he's basically been begging for us for weeks now. My issue is United dithering and monitoring as they usually do and that being the reason we miss out (if we're genuinely interested that is)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d love for us to sign a young striker like Zan Vipotnik for pennies alongside Hojlund, as an experiment to see the true value of a successful striker from a smaller European league.
I'm convinced you've just made him up

luke511

I'm convinced you've just made him up
He’s just finished as top goalscorer of the Slovenian Prva Liga at 21 years old, Celtic are linked with him for £3 million. He looks a good player, certainly worth a punt at that price.

Crimson King

Calm down. Bayern are looking for a new striker so they're being linked with every striker that could potentially move this summer, just like us.

Look at the list from the full quotes. It's literally every striker we've already been linked with so far. They've even thrown Ramos into the mix now.

The journalists don't know shit. They're just trying to fill pages and fishing for clicks.

GreatDane

He’s just finished as top goalscorer of the Slovenian Prva Liga at 21 years old, Celtic are linked with him for £3 million. He looks a good player, certainly worth a punt at that price.
You made me look him up, and for 3m he looks interesting.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Was just kidding, but that name just seemed fake. Always interesting to see how big of a step these players can make.

Highfather_24

Not impressed so far. Good pressing, but cant seem to hold the ball up. Playing as a lone #9. Eriksen has been great, he's reminding me of Modric the way he is trying to control the game, but Denmark are not good.

Idxomer

Not impressed so far. Good pressing, but cant seem to hold the ball up. Playing as a lone #9. Eriksen has been great, he's reminding me of Modric the way he is trying to control the game, but Denmark are not good.
Interesting because I think Hojlund has been holding up the ball well and Eriksen has been largely underwhelming. He is showing again most of his issues in our away games. Denmark's midfield play is just so slow.

Dan_F

He’s not :lol:

Edit. Worth a punt for us that is.

Highfather_24

Interesting because I think Hojlund has been holding up the ball well and Eriksen has been largely underwhelming. He is showing again most of his issues in our away games. Denmark's midfield play is just so slow.
Just scored a proper striker's goal, the kinda goal Ole liked.

Good movement in the box, and impressed by his strength. Erratic at times, but I see the potential.

GreatDane

Just scored a proper striker's goal, the kinda goal Ole liked.

Good movement in the box, and impressed by his strength. Erratic at times, but I see the potential.
Was about to say this, we have been missing someone in the box.

dal

Nice bit of skill in that clip, looks after the ball well, I'm convinced, we must sign him.

luke511

He’s not :lol:

Edit. Worth a punt for us that is.
He'd probably be the best striker in our U21s if we bought him, which makes him worth the 3 million in my eyes. Even if he ended up hardly getting a game for us you could move him on the same price, if not more anyway. The club needs 3 strikers in reality, 2 for the main team and 1 for the U21s, it's the best time to take a punt on potential with how overpriced the market for strikers is currently.

Donut

He looked pretty good even without the goal. Surprisingly skillful, good holdup play and his passing is crisp.

Hester_manc

The danish National Team has been very poor since the World Cup, where it did not go as planned. And you have to remember that when you talk about his form for Denmark, but after all....6 goals in 4 games is okay. If we sign him, fans have to get used to a striker, who is mostly in the box or just outside it and therefore from time to time is out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.