Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
First it was Monday and then it was next week and now it is coming soon....this guy is full of shit.
We know he's not full of shit. It's tiresome to hear the narrative that he doesn't know anything.

He def tweets too much noise but he has solid sources.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
he’s definitely a bit of a spoofer, albeit one with some good info too

you can tell by the language like, “there’s a feeling”

but most of them are these days

they are rewarded for clicks , not good journalism.. the only thing I find surprising is so many people put so much weight into what these cnuts say

most clubs just don’t release transfer info, there’s rarely any advantage to it
Agreed. I always loved the word spoofer, are u from NI?

pacifictheme

It's funny because for me it's enough to know that we are working on this transfer but so many people seem to hang off every word and tweet. Must be exhausting getting hung up on today, tomorrow etc.

renatosanches85

We should sign his younger brother Emil (he has a twin Oscar as well). He’s a young striker who had bags of potential. At least that’s what my FM scout tells me anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If it would be a 60M Kane vs Hojlund decision it’s a no brainer. But it isn’t, it’s a decision beetween 60M 20yo normal wages Hojlund against 80M+,

He is a premium news recycler. Tweets something like 3 times with different wording and then does a daily clickbait summary of the day to recycle even more
i hope some day the world of football fandom can just give these cnuts the finger and literally ruin them. Well not in a bad way, I’m not horrible but how they get away with the bullshit they vomit out really pisses me off.

This whole *here we go* he is literally an apologetic no one. If he had a link or a source, that he makes out he has he would be an employed hack.

lsd

The Oracle
We know he's not full of shit. It's tiresome to hear the narrative that he doesn't know anything.

His only sources are the people he copies his tweets from.

Bondi77

He has got good info and I jest but it is annoying and I suppose if he said it was only a matter of time and it never happened he would lose credibility.

RedOrange

OMG. He is the fecking striker, was he sleeping during the 10 goals? :lol:
I would not feel better if they win 2-0 and he does not score, but I would be terrified if his team scores 10 and he is nowhere on the score sheet and he is the fecking striker.
Here are the highlights. He assisted the first goal and then there are more goals from the left side because the left side defenders and goalkeepers don't look very good. Also he was subbed off before the 6th goal, so only on the pitch for 5 goals which I guess by your logic means he's only half as shite as you thought.

MinGin

If PSG are in for him and Bayern are in for Kane then that gives us a free run at Muani so we should get him at a lower price as we would be the only interested party...it is a win win situation.
That is of course if we believe the bullshite.
Why Frankfurt will sell us a player cheaper when he has a contract until 2027..

croadyman

Ideally sign both but I doubt it.

Will be risky to halt our pursuit of Hojlund to chase Kane as if we fail to sign Kane Hojlund might join someone else in the mean time
Yeah we cannot afford to end up empty handed which could easily happen if not careful

Bondi77

Why Frankfurt will sell us a player cheaper when he has a contract until 2027..
Well it depends if they want 50-60mil for their player or if they want to keep him.
I am not aware of the finances of Frankfurt but if they want to keep him I say fair play to them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Considering there’s no obvious established Cf who we can afford, hopefully we wrap this one soon. ETH seems to like him and his hold up play looks good - something we could really do with.

georgipep

I know I’m not qualified to judge how much a young prospect should cost. But this one seems highly risky, considering Glazers’ sales of the club in stall and we have limited fund available.
Brighton just added another interesting striker, Pedro, who looks like a gem. I don’t know what they eventually become, Pedro, Ferguson, and Hojlund. But, I just want to blame the Glazers for the mess they continue to create in this transfer window!
Why is it the Glazers at fault for this transfer window? You think with new owners we should pay whatever the selling clubs ask for?

Glorio

EtH has texted him to stop scoring during pre-season as it's making negotiations more difficult.

OrcaFat

Why is it the Glazers at fault for this transfer window? You think with new owners we should pay whatever the selling clubs ask for?
I suppose there’s an assumption that transfer budgets will be higher after the sale. If there’s more money, it might be easier to negotiate because clubs will know we have more options. Plus we could work on more deals more quickly because our ability to afford Player B would not depend on how much we end up paying for Player A.

georgipep

I suppose there’s an assumption that transfer budgets will be higher after the sale. If there’s more money, it might be easier to negotiate because clubs will know we have more options. Plus we could work on more deals more quickly because our ability to afford Player B would not depend on how much we end up paying for Player A.
How would us having more money make negotiations easier? If anything, it will mean selling clubs will ask for more.

As for working on more deals simultaneously, we would still have a budget right? So, while we were working on Mount, we knew we had the money for Onana. And we worked on them. I think Hojlund decision is very much linked to Greenwood's future, and Atalanta's asking price. Not our budget.

OrcaFat

How would us having more money make negotiations easier? If anything, it will mean selling clubs will ask for more.

As for working on more deals simultaneously, we would still have a budget right? So, while we were working on Mount, we knew we had the money for Onana. And we worked on them. I think Hojlund decision is very much linked to Greenwood's future, and Atalanta's asking price. Not our budget.
It’s definitely easier to do business if you have more money. Just think it through.

Denis79

So people who have really seen him play (compilation videos don't count), how good is he?

tjarligdrengen

So people who have really seen him play (compilation videos don't count), how good is he?
As a Dane I’ve seen him in the nationals -he’s good! A real box player. He will be in the”tap in area” a lot. In my opinion a type we really really could use!

Jev

He's raw. Of course there's talent, he's got a good positional instinct, a burst of speed, he can hold up the ball, and his finishing, with both his feet and his head, is more than decent. But he's also very unpolished, and his general technique needs a lot of work. He needs to improve all areas of his game, some by a considerable margin, before he's good enough to start for us. He's not a bad player but he doesn't look very special either, it's hard to see any standout abilities. Personally, I'm not convinced he's a star in the making but hopefully I'm wrong.

El Presidente

Juve spent €75m (£62.8m) on signing Vlahovic from Fiorentina in January 2022.
They're entitled to ask for whatever they want, but it's a bit unfair considering that Vlahovic was smashing it for 2 seasons and was well-established goalscorer in the league. Nowhere near Hojlund who is nothing but pure potential.

Sir Chapman

I have seen him play. He developed like a rocket, however, there is still enough potential for him to become a world-class striker. What I like about his playing style is that he has this "nose" to be at the places where a forward should be. He runs a lot, puts his body in a good way to avoid losing the ball against the defenders. He scored goals with both legs and is a teamplayer.

Only thing he may get better is his explosity in the first couple of metres since this is important for counterattacks and our players in general are quite fast, but on this he can work. Is he worth 75 mio. Euros? I do not know but considering the current forward situation in Europe, I would take the risk! A good coach like ETH who can develop and polish young players, I think he may be a hit.

Lyng

He's raw. Of course there's talent, he's got a good positional instinct, a burst of speed, he can hold up the ball, and his finishing, with both his feet and his head, is more than decent. But he's also very unpolished, and his general technique needs a lot of work. He needs to improve all areas of his game, some by a considerable margin, before he's good enough to start for us. He's not a bad player but he doesn't look very special either, it's hard to see any standout abilities. Personally, I'm not convinced he's a star in the making but hopefully I'm wrong.
While I agree he needs to improve, I really think he is special. His eye for being in the right spot and making the right runs is exceptionel for his age. He is also very fast and very good at using his body to push off defenders.

The main reason I see him being a instant hit for me, is that he is better with better players. He does the correct runs and his movement is very good, but often in Atalanta his team mates just dont see it. He is much better for Denmark, where the style is actually closer to our style than Atalantas, and we have seen several of the lads with a good eye for the game than very often find his runs.

Bruno has this fantastic eye for the runs of his teammates that I think Rasmus would really thrive with him.

RuudTom83

Lets wait and see what United actually bid for this lad...the need to post a tweet every 30 seconds is getting a few of the fake journalists into a kerfuffle.

Blood Mage

Not convinced by this kid at all. I'd say we should trust Ten Hag's judgement but then he thought Weghorst could do a job here.

Strelok

Vlahovic has one goal more than Højlund last season. Same amount of assists. Despite playing for a better team. So 1 goal is the difference of smashing it on nothing but potential??
By this logic should Lukaku cost the same if not more now?

Vlahovic suffered a major injury last season nobody would pay that kind of money for him now. If you want logic use the seasons before his move to Juve.

doomy20

Not convinced by this kid at all. I'd say we should trust Ten Hag's judgement but then he thought Weghorst could do a job here.
Never purely rely on coaches trust. Should be 60% performance based decisions + 40% fitting system/playstyle/opinion of the manager.

L1nk

Ten Hag wanted an actual striker but the club told him no and so we had to make do with what we could get, a loan in January with little to no financial outlay. I mean we aren’t signing Weghorst now are we, i think its a fallacy to think ETH was begging for Weghorst

Lyng

By this logic should Lukaku cost the same if not more now?

Vlahovic suffered a major injury last season nobody would pay that kind of money for him now. If you want logic use the seasons before his move to Juve.
What would Juve ask for him?
He was very good for Fiorentina but fact is both seasons at Juve he has put up numbers much lower. Which pretty much tells you that no signing (apart from the likes of Kane) are a sure thing.
Højlund has the style and strengths that match quite well with the type of striker Ten Hag wants. Will he be a success? Maybe, maybe not.
The one thing that is for certain is that going in to the new season with no real striker is suicide.

Crimson King

Ten Hag wanted an actual striker but the club told him no and so we had to make do with what we could get, a loan in January with little to no financial outlay. I mean we aren’t signing Weghorst now are we, i think its a fallacy to think ETH was begging for Weghorst
It is a fallacy, but you still get muppets like that poster pushing that narrative.

Crimson King

Juve spent €75m (£62.8m) on signing Vlahovic from Fiorentina in January 2022.
Seems a bit moot since Vlahovic hasn't really lived up to the billing since joining Juve. If anything they're creating their own argument for why United shouldn't pay that much.

Grande

@Lyng

At the point Juventus paid €75m for Vlahovic, he was 22 years old, having scored 20 in 24 that season and 21 in 40 the previous season. So that is a higher ratio of delivery to potential than Højlund’s 10 goals in 34 games at 20 years, clearly.

At 20 years, Vlahovic had a fairly similar background to Højlund, coming off a 8 goals in 34 games season, but nobody I’m aware of bid those sums for him at that point.

The idea that a 20 y.o. 1-in-4 striker will turn into a 1-in-2 and 3-in-4 striker given time, is of course conjecture, and sounds like a run of the mill emotive negotiation play from Atalanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.