Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah it feels like people are agnostic of our reputation when it comes to selling. If he flops, we will barely get 15 million for him.
People talk about resale value like we have a strong history of selling players that are shit. Lingard, Pogba, Bailly, Maguire, Martial, VDB, Telles etc. Most of them are still here or left for nothing and if it wasn't for Saudi Arabia the rest would have also.

If he is a success then resale value isn't a question, he's here for life, that simple. We aren't a stepping stone, we're the pinnacle.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Won’t bother writing his last name. Will just call him Rasmus. I do the same with Ole. I like easy names :cool:

Kaos

Thrilled at this signing, exactly the type of profile we should be going for after a decade of disastrous, short-sighted recruitment.

I get the impression some posters here were expecting a summer window consisting of us signing Kane, Maignan, Osimhen, Caicedo and Mbappe.

Halftrack

We might make you some sort of temporary deputy to educate the masses.
Well in that case we should write it in Younger Futhark, specifically long-branch runes, to make sure it's authentically Dano-Scandinavian.

GJNJ

No. 'Hå' comes from norse 'hár', which means 'hay'. Land can refer to a country, but also to land in general. So Håland (or Haaland) probably best translates as 'hay-land', or 'hayfield'.

'Høj' can mean high/tall, or hill. 'Lund' means grove. So Højlund translates to 'hill-grove'.
That explains the hair. Like a young Worzel Gummidge.

bosskeano

so did he finally complete the medical and sign his contract?? the lad needs to get training with the boys

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Thrilled at this signing, exactly the type of profile we should be going for after a decade of disastrous, short-sighted recruitment.

I get the impression some posters here were expecting a summer window consisting of us signing Kane, Maignan, Osimhen, Caicedo and Mbappe.
Kane is still coming though.

I Am Zlatan

I don’t know anything about him, I hope we can see him play in one of the two remaining friendlies.

kclord

To score, or not to score, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler on the pitch to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous Caf expectation,
Or to take arms against a sea of Ramsdales and Rayas,
And by scoring end them?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
ᚱᛅᛋᛘᚢᛋ ᚼᚢᛁᛚᚢᚾᛏ
I think I get it. So the pitch fork symbolises the fans when he's not performing. I see an electric sign, that means he's fast. Arrow pointing up, so towards opposition goal. Snowflake - likes the cold. What esle

Chip

We are due a bit of luck with our youngsters, aren't we? Feels like we've been doomed for ages both with our academy players and the players we've bought at a young age.

Shaw and Rashford seem to be the only current players that kinda fit the criteria, and I won't even say that they are world class.

Hopefully between Højlund, Garnacho, and Mainoo we have a few class talents on our hands. Amad, Antony, and to a lesser extent Sancho still have the potential to become very good if all things go well.

DevTheRed

Just seems like he has all the traits of a natural goalscorer.. and surprisingly at a very young age. Tall, strong, good hold up play, decent first touch, fast, can dribble, great movement in the box, he presses well and if it couldn’t get any better he absolutely adores the club.

I honestly think he could be huge for us over the next 10 years or so. So excited for this one.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think Cavani is the best comparison, from what I've seen, out of all the ones provided (RVN, Haaland, Kane, (slightly more disparagingly) Nunez etc) in terms of style...
I am seeing more an Adriano. Big powerful with some decent footwork.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think I get it. So the pitch fork symbolises the fans when he's not performing. I see an electric sign, that means he's fast. Arrow pointing up, so towards opposition goal. Snowflake - likes the cold. What esle
More like
ᚱᛅᛋᛘᚢᛋ ᚼᚢᛁᛚᚢᚾᛏ
ᚱ For Rasmus - his name
ᛅ Marks the spot (he’ll hit the target)
ᛋ Lightning pace
ᛘ Tree branches out and grows (more options in attack and someone we can develop)
ᚢ Like a pillar (strong and supportive of our other attackers will hold up play)
ᛋ Seriously lightning fast (worth saying a few times)

ᚼ A star (in the making)
ᚢ Another rock with a point (sharp and penetrative)
ᛁ A line (will lead the line)
ᛚ Symbolises movement (forward then cuts back for tap ins)
ᚢ He rocks
ᚾ A cross (he’ll get on the end of many)
ᛏ An upward arrow (he’ll take us on an upward trajectory)

Bertie Wooster

I have literally no memory of somebody called Mads Timm being in a Utd squad. When did he play?
I was watching the DVD of the 2002/3 season just last night, when he made his only appearance for United - playing in a much changed, youthful team that lost 3-0 to Maccabi Haifa in a dead rubber CL group game.

Remember the geese

Your post makes it seem like people don’t have a reason, when there is a blatant one staring you right in the face
People just need to get a life. The police have done their business and the club have conducted theirs. Any time his name his mentioned, the poster in question is immediately shot down for having the temerity to mention him in a footballing sense.

Baxquux

Hell of a lot of people happy to accept that someone in an abusive relationship who provided ample evidence of abuse to the CPS changed her testimony because it was all made up and not because they did what a lot of victims of abuse do and they forgave their abuser, especially easy to do when a lot of money is involved.
I know the Mods are going to call this to a close if it continues, so I'll cut it short here, but you (and lots of other people making similar statements, in fairness) might also want to consider the implications around insinuating a suspected victim of abuse (indeed, someone who people arguing so vehemently against the player, clearly believe Has been abused) is essentially a money-grabber.

Chip

Adriano wasn't just decent, he was pretty damn skillful with the ball. Wonder how much he would have cost in 2023.
In the 01/02 season Adriano scored a total of 7 goals in 29 matches for Inter Milan and Fiorentina. That was the season in which he turned 20. According to the Essien calculators of RedCafe he would probably not be worth much more than £8 million in today's currency. Much more than that would be too big of a gamble on such an unproven asset. No resale value whatsoever.

BarstoolProphet

In the 01/02 season Adriano scored a total of 7 goals in 29 matches for Inter Milan and Fiorentina. That was the season in which he turned 20. According to the Essien calculators of RedCafe he would probably not be worth much more than £8 million in today's currency. Much more than that would be too big of a gamble on such an unproven asset. No resell value whatsoever.
Luckily I only started noticing him at Parma otherwise I would have thought he was mediocre.

Baxquux

In the 01/02 season Adriano scored a total of 7 goals in 29 matches for Inter Milan and Fiorentina. That was the season in which he turned 20. According to the Essien calculators of RedCafe he would probably not be worth much more than £8 million in today's currency. Much more than that would be too big of a gamble on such an unproven asset. No resale value whatsoever.
i'd take the Parma and peak Inter Adriano (2002-5) as default level for Rasmus, but lets hope his career doesn't tail off in quite the same fashion...

Bojan Djordjic

I see Alfredo
Adriano wasn't just decent, he was pretty damn skillful with the ball. Wonder how much he would have cost in 2023.
Was an unbelievable talent until his Dad died and he sunk into a massive depression which pretty much ruined his high level career.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
More like

ᚱ For Rasmus - his name
ᛅ Marks the spot (he’ll hit the target)
ᛋ Lightning pace
ᛘ Tree branches out and grows (more options in attack and someone we can develop)
ᚢ Like a pillar (strong and supportive of our other attackers will hold up play)
ᛋ Seriously lightning fast (worth saying a few times)

ᚼ A star (in the making)
ᚢ Another rock with a point (sharp and penetrative)
ᛁ A line (will lead the line)
ᛚ Symbolises movement (forward then cuts back for tap ins)
ᚢ He rocks
ᚾ A cross (he’ll get on the end of many)
ᛏ An upward arrow (he’ll take us on an upward trajectory)
Sounds good. I think you've cracked the code.

Chip

i'd take the Parma and peak Inter Adriano (2002-5) as default level for Rasmus, but lets hope his career doesn't tail off in quite the same fashion...
In a heartbeat. He was world class. My impression is that he's very grounded, so at least I don't think we should fear any off field/personal issues.

People in here actually thinking that scoring any less than 12-15 goals in the PL next year would be a failure need to give their heads a wobble.

For perspective Rooney managed to score more than 12 goals in the Premier League in just 5 out of 16 season. In three of them he hit 14, 16, and 17. I think people are coloured by the inflated seasons that Haaland, Salah, and Kane have had the last couple of seasons.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve got good vibes about this guy. Think he’ll prove a lot of people wrong and surprise everyone. Can’t wait to see his link up with Rashford. And Bruno supplying him chance after chance.

RuudTom83

I just hope the likes of Rashford and Antony can learn how to play with a no.9 quickly.

Hoof the ball

If he bombs his resale value is 0, if he's a success his resale value is 0. People really need to drop this line, it doesn't mean anything to a team like United.
Simply not true.

Havertz was purchased for 80m. considered underwhelming by Chelsea fans. Didn't reach their expectations. Recouped 75m for him.

That's an almost 100% recoup of the original fee paid for him. Plenty of players have unflattering spells at clubs and then find themselves being sold at 75% of their original value.

To state that a player is worth zero value after a poor spell at a single club is intellectually dishonest.

Ludens the Red

I hope this has not gone too fast for Højlund.

As a Dane, I have followed him since his debut for FC Copenhagen. Here his performances were therefore somewhat fluctuating. In fact, FC Copenhagen did not think that Højlund was good enough, and they wanted to get rid of him. Therefore, it was surprising that he came to Sturm Graz instead of an even smaller club.

In Sturm Graz, Højlund was good and scored many goals, and he was quickly sold to Atalanta. Here, Højlund sat a lot on the bench for the first half of the year. So it was not long ago that his good performances in Italy and for the national team started.

It is actually only 1.5 - 2 years ago that Højlund was not good enough for FC Copenhagen. Now he is suddenly one of our most expensive players. I hope it hasn't gone too fast for him.
This is what I can’t get my head around. I like the look of him from the clips I’ve seen and agree massively with the post @bosnian_red made. But feck, it just seems mad that the biggest club in Danish football sold him for peanuts two years ago with him barely scoring a goal. And two years later he’s now the biggest prospect in Danish football and is moving to man United for the best part of 70 million. It’s actually insane. This kinda doesn’t really happen. You always kinda see these players coming and see their path. With him you’re just sat there thinking “what”..

Status
Not open for further replies.