Ravel Morrison

MoskvaRed

Ravel probably just wants to earn enough bread so that he can retire as young as possible to spend the rest of his days boozing and chasing birds in seedy nightclubs...he appears to be beyond help unfortunately
But it's not even like he is following the bright lights like Best. The latest arrest was somewhere in Salford. He has now been through United, West Ham, Birmingham and QPR, and at least three of those clubs had a manager with a reputation for handling difficult players (particularly Allardyce and Redknapp). Next stop is prison I fear followed by a "how I fecked up my life" exclusive in the Sunday rags in 5 years time.

Waltraute

She-Devil
But it's not even like he is following the bright lights like Best. The latest arrest was somewhere in Salford. He has now been through United, West Ham, Birmingham and QPR, and at least three of those clubs had a manager with a reputation for handling difficult players (particularly Allardyce and Redknapp). Next stop is prison I fear followed by a "how I fecked up my life" exclusive in the Sunday rags in 5 years time.
Excuse me! Top class place for being arrested! :smirk:

But you're right, this isn't someone going for the bright lights, this is somone burning his carreer to the ground.

He's got to be one of the biggest disappointments we've seen from our youth players. Could have had it all, but so determined to end up with nothing. We can't help him and he just refuses to help himself. He's gonna see the inside of a jail cell soon enough.

I've got no time for guys who assault females.

Sir A1ex

No he shouldn't be in America right now. Even when he was with us, his talent was never enough to offset the fact that he was a complete waste of space away from the pitch.
Well that's the point - with the talent he's got, of course he should be in America. But he's spent his time destroying his own career, whether it's skiving off training, getting involved with gangs and guns, or assaulting women.

pauldyson1uk

The man is an idiot, deserves everything that is coming to him, I have not one bit of sympathy for a man that hits women.
He has the football talent to go very far, but looks like the brain power to only go to jail.

Oggmonster

again you are misinterpreting what i said to formulate your argument. I never said(implicitly or explicitly) that he was a saint. Not only did that, you also ignored where i shot down the faulty logic behind this " " statement. Now you are switching tactics again and attributing things to me that i've never even suggested.

No we aren't "all high and mighty" over the suggestion that he's a scumbag. We are merely questioning why this is the first thing that come to you lot's mind when you aren't privy to what actually happened. And if you call that "all high and mighty" then it says far more about you than us. Like i told the previous poster. You probably have formulated your opinion on Ravel before this incident. And now you are using any situation that he's involved in to confirm your bias.
I wouldn't say it's faulty logic really. I just think the whole point of a forum is to criticise or praise, it doesn't make you some keyboard warrior for calling Morrison a twat, if anything it's calling a spade a spade, the guy is a bit of a twat it seems pretty obvious, even if you don't use this most recent allegation. Would people say it to his face? Perhaps not, but that's the same in every situation in life. I'm sure there's people you dislike but I doubt you say it to them when you see it, I'm sure you've taken the piss of someone in a pub or night out then not said it to them, most people have. Fair enough if you haven't or if you don't like someone you go up and tell them, you're very much in a minority I'd suggest.

I've said it before and I stand by it, the reason people think he is a scumbag when stuff like this comes up is past history. Maybe it is wrong (which I've said previously in this topic) but he really has done himself no favours, I even admit it and so do most others. Again maybe it's a flawed argument but eventually it gets to a point where you assume the worst of people. He's been charged and accused of similar in the past, didn't he get accused of assault on this woman before (and charged with something to do with her?)

I think stuff like this goes around in circles to be honest, I've got no problem with your opinion you're entitled to it and I applaud you for constantly giving people another chance it's admirable of you. I just think eventually with people like him they are just a bit of a horrible person and I do think the worst of them most the time, might be my problem but my opinion on him is unlikely to change. HE just comes across as a twat.

MUFCpiffgawd

I think people are frustrated with him. So many high hopes when he was with us but he kept getting into trouble and not for nicking sweets either. So its quite easy to see why people have lost patience and have deemed him guilty. Also, calling people scumbag, may not be fair but it can be seen as a release of frustration. I had high hopes for him.
I can respect that. Thats what i was trying to get ppl to admit b/c all the justification they were using didn't make sense.

FromTheBench

Can't help but think of what could have been if his career and life took a different path.

Wilson
Lingard - Ravel - Januzaj
Pogba - Cleverley
Blackett - Evans - Pique - Keane​

Academy FC.
Daehli definitely gets into that ahead of Lingard probably.

As for Ravel, it's just sad. Such a Waste and he is the biggest English talent since Rooney and should be among the best young players in the World and probably would have played the WC as well if he just had his head sorted and wanted it enough.

Still has talent to recover it, but not confident he will.

ZDwyr

It's a sad story. He's wasting all the talent that he has but he has no one to blame but himself. He's been given so many chances and he continues to stuff it up. Can't seem to mature enough to move past his old life.

itso 7

again you are misinterpreting what i said to formulate your argument. I never said(implicitly or explicitly) that he was a saint. Not only did that, you also ignored where i shot down the faulty logic behind this " " statement. Now you are switching tactics again and attributing things to me that i've never even suggested.

No we aren't "all high and mighty" over the suggestion that he's a scumbag. We are merely questioning why this is the first thing that come to you lot's mind when you aren't privy to what actually happened. And if you call that "all high and mighty" then it says far more about you than us. Like i told the previous poster. You probably have formulated your opinion on Ravel before this incident. And now you are using any situation that he's involved in to confirm your bias.
Well it seems that even the Law takes into account past behavior- they have denied him bail and remanded him in custody. However fairy you might want him treated his troubled past will aways lead people to judge him harshly, you create your own reputation and it will always precede you.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Utter fecking plank wannabe big man before he has ever actually done anything.

Still, at least you have your white Range Rover eh?

GledTheRed

What kind of idiot gets called out by his manager and sold by his dream club for being a wrong un and then goes on to prove him right?

Its beyond words really, how immature must he be?

Guys a cancer, SAF proven absolutely correct.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You just know if he wasn't a footballer he'd be in prison for assault/burglary/drugs or similar. Probably never worked a day in his life and claimed benefits the entire time.

Definite Jeremy Kyle candidate.

mu4c_20le

What kind of idiot gets called out by his manager and sold by his dream club for being a wrong un and then goes on to prove him right?

Its beyond words really, how immature must he be?

Guys a cancer, SAF proven absolutely correct.
Most clubs would have gotten rid after the witness intimidation thing. SAF and the club had far more patience than most.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
These two women have reported him to the police for assault before haven't they? She's also an EX-girlfriend now so no need for any contact with her.

Don't know exactly what happened but presumably there is some evidence or he wouldn't have been locked up.

One would like to think he'd got the sense to stay well away from them both and stop hitting folks too.

Ringo 07

I don't think he'll ever learn that if you run around chasing trashy birds in nightclubs then your going to have your head messed up eventually. If he realized he could find himself a nice educated bird that would only be too happy to give herself to a successful bloke like Ravel if he was willing to treat her right.....Ravel will only realize the dream life he could have had one minute after it's all too late

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Think that's a bit harsh mate, there's some decent girls in nightclubs, problem is not nightclub girls, problem is getting into altercations with ex's. Ex's who will scream 'assault' now he's got a little bit of fame and it's not just ex's, looked what happened with Johnny Evans.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What a waste. I can honestly say I'd give one of my balls to have his talent, and the opportunity to have a great career with Manchester United.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Headline: Morrison arrested for assaulting ex-girlfriend and her mother.

Comments:

"Mother looks like a drag queen."
"When will ravel learn that picking up such trashy girls will cause him to lose his head like this?"

Classy stuff and not at all misogynistic.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Comments:

"When will ravel learn that picking up such trashy girls will cause him to lose his head like this?"

Absolutely agree. Could understand it for a 'nice' lad like Evans to some extent but does anyone really believe ravel is likely to be the innocent party here?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Comments:

Just as well those comments are in no way an accurate reflection of what the consensus on here has been about this news.

Keep on trolling...

Dr Baltar

Comments:

I think he has a point. If these girls stopped being so trashy he wouldn't be forced to beat them up. Maybe he should just give up football, become some kind of vigilante & go on a one-man crusade around England slapping all the trashy girls. I really see no alternative.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think he has a point. If these girls stopped being so trashy he wouldn't be forced to beat them up. Maybe he should just give up football, become some kind of vigilante & go on a one-man crusade around England slapping all the trashy girls. I really see no alternative.
:lol: