RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Their squad better than 08/09? What? Rio and Vidic vs Lovren. Scholes and Carrick vs Wiyjyjynaldum (or something like that) and whoever else they have. And is Salah now somehow better than a 25 year old Ronaldo? I don’t even need to go on with Rooney, Tevez etc. Oh and Sir Alex vs Jurgen fecking Klopp?
These guys are unreal.
They aren't that stupid, the guy meant their current team is better than their own in 08/09. I wouldn't be too sure about that. Wasn't their midfield Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They aren't that stupid, the guy meant their current team is better than their own in 08/09. I wouldn't be too sure about that. Wasn't their midfield Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard?
Debatable.

I think most on RAWK and elsewhere would pick our current side because it's got more spark and is stronger defensively than the 08/09 side.

Reina; Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Aurelio; Alonso, Mascherano; Kuyt, Gerrard, Benayoun; Torres

vs

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane

CognitiveNeuro

Debatable.

I think most on RAWK and elsewhere would pick our current side because it's got more spark and is stronger defensively than the 08/09 side.

Reina; Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Aurelio; Alonso, Mascherano; Kuyt, Gerrard, Benayoun; Torres

vs

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane
The 08/09 team is superior.

Alisson > Reina
Arbeloa > TAA
Carragher > Gomez
Van Dijk > Hyypia
Aurelio > Robertson
Alonso > Fabinho
Mascherano > Wijnaldum
Gerrard > Milner
Salah > Kuyt
Firmino > Benayoun
Torres > Mane

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Alisson > Reina
Arbeloa > TAA
Carragher > Gomez
Van Dijk > Hyypia
Aurelio > Robertson
Alonso > Fabinho
Mascherano > Wijnaldum
Gerrard > Milner
Salah > Kuyt
Firmino > Benayoun
Torres > Mane
No way are the 08/09 fullbacks better than what they have now.

hobbers

If they could combine this defence plus Salah and Mane with the 08/09 midfield plus Torres it would definitely make one hell of a side.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Alisson > Reina
Arbeloa > TAA
Carragher > Gomez
Van Dijk > Hyypia
Aurelio > Robertson
Alonso > Fabinho
Mascherano > Wijnaldum
Gerrard > Milner
Salah > Kuyt
Firmino > Benayoun
Torres > Mane
I don't think you'd find many people who agree that Arbeloa & Aurelio are better full backs than TAA & Robertson.

CognitiveNeuro

I don't think you'd find many people who agree that Arbeloa & Aurelio are better full backs than TAA & Robertson.
Aurelio is definitely a better fullback than Robertson but his issue was that he was rarely fit. Arbeloa is better than TAA but not by much and TAA has the potential to be better.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It would be quite monstrous tbf. I'd have the entire back 4 and front 3 of today over their 08/09 one though. But Jesus put Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard behind them..
No way in hell are Matip or Lovren better than Carragher or Hyypia.

Firmino or Mane ahead of Torres? No chance.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
No way in hell are Matip or Lovren better than Carragher or Hyypia.

Firmino or Mane ahead of Torres? No chance.
I'd say this season's Gomez is better than them and I'd also say that Salah is a #9 now and Torres wouldn't work well with him, incredible as Torres was, and therefore you're better off keeping the fluid front 3 they have right now who complement each other so well.

montpelier

for the bulging crap analogy files

we have to be the Jack Russell snapping at the guy wobbling on top of the ladder with a tin of paint in his hands and see how he copes. Remember; last time he was up there this season he fell off.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Well it has been discussed ad nauseam on here, Brendan Rodgers was voted manager of the year by his pears

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Debatable.

vs

More spark, less control. Mercurial vs consistent. I favour the latter. Of course, combine them and it's one hell of a side.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Listening to Anfield Index 'Under Pressure' we traditionally have crap January's and February under Klopp (3 and half years).
Bearing that in mind we've done relatively okay. Dropped points in 3 fixtures.
So a crap February to go before getting our form back. Hope not
Last february we were a 95th minute Jon Moss guess away from winning every game.

No Idea For Nickname

It could all change big time in a couple of days
Liverpool take all their anger out and beat Bournemouth 5-0
Man City lose to Chelsea 0-2
We go 3 points clear with a game in hand
Goal Difference sorted in our favour too.
And possible 6 points clear with the better goal difference and 12 games to go.
Win 9 of those and draw 3 . Job done. Champions
cool

No Idea For Nickname

No Idea For Nickname

Jesus of City saying they thought the title was lost after the Newcastle game,get the feeling they were ready to concentrate on the champions league.

If we can create a six point gap we may break their resolve,hopefully!
Interesting! And quite revealing. Where did he say this?

Weird to see "Jesus of City" in print when so used to seeing "Jesus of Nazareth" !!

Inter Yer Nan

Debatable.

vs

If I was to go with a combined XI with the current players in bold I'd go the following : -

Reina

Arbeloa
Carragher
VVD
Robertson

Alonso
Mascherano
Gerrard

Mane
Salah

Torres

Off course some close one's like the right-back spot, a different formation etc; but I think the 2008/2009 was a better team overall.

shaky

if they like it... must be great read:wenger:
Interesting article.
TL : DR for anyone;
Stop laughing at Liverpool. Laughing at Liverpool is mean and childish. And wrong, because Liverpool are actually awesome, everyone else is just too stupid to appreciate this.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually forgot how good their 08/09 midfield was. They only lost 2 that season, right?

GiddyUp

I love the "they didn't want to win it" attitude. I bet some cnut at that club has been tasked with putting Gerrard in to full kit if they win it this season. Mark my words, if they do win the league Stevie Me will be on that parade bus.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rafarabilia:
I love Rafa so much I keep a laminated photograph of him in my wallet. Even the haters secretly love Rafa.
Back In The USSRFootballClub:
Looking back at Rafa's reign must be how ageing Russians feel about the Soviet Union. At times it felt Spartan and cold, but at least there was order and people were scared of you.
*dies of laughter*:
The ace card that Rafa had in his pack was Gerrard. This is the most complete player of all time.
Saint Rafa:
Rafa wouldn't have time to come back as he's busy curing ebola. I love Rafa.
Saint Nicholas:
I'd love a hug from him and some football stories in front of the fireplace after a nice family Christmas dinner in a Chalet somewhere in Switzerland. He'd wear a cozy jumper and I would hug him.
*shoots self*
If loving Rafa is wrong I don't wanna be right.
*reloads*
I long for the day that we play a team managed by Rafa in Europe and they twat us.
I wonder what Rafa does on Thursday nights? Probably goes for tapas and a few pints and sneaks a smoke as he walks back home.
Rafamania is running wild, brother.

Alabaster Codify7

The media - if they weren't full of former Scouser scum and bias - should be grilling Klopp more.

The man has broken the world record for a GK and for a CB in the space of few months to solve 'their big problem' as well as spending around £80-90m on two midfielders to 'upgrade' their midfield...….yet the latter two can't fully break into the team and they aren't pulling away the way they should be. When exactly is Klopp going to held to the same standards as say, Mourinho?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The media - if they weren't full of former Scouser scum and bias - should be grilling Klopp more.

The man has broken the world record for a GK and for a CB in the space of few months to solve 'their big problem' as well as spending around £80-90m on two midfielders to 'upgrade' their midfield...….yet the latter two can't fully break into the team and they aren't pulling away the way they should be. When exactly is Klopp going to held to the same standards as say, Mourinho?
I agree with you but the media seem to have decided that they want Liverpool to win the league.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
And calling 01/02 and 08/09 title challenges is quite the stretch IMO.
08/09 definitely was IMO. They only finished four points of us in the end.

We were in danger of losing to them when the momentum was with them and we were fecking it up for a bit defensively after we finally conceded to Blackburn and broke the clean sheet run. They should by rights have had a massive lead on us when we came back from Japan but they screwed that up and then Macheda plus Arshavin ruined them.

For a brief while though, they were favourites for that title.