RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally Cinnamon

That isn't what he means. He just means if they're going to sell him for 17m then the money should be reinvested for transfers.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Any comments on the Chevrolet deal? Looks like our web of corruption and deceit has extended to a NYSE listed enterprise, resulting in the sacking of our covert agent.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
In respect of the Chevrolet sponsorship deal, a great deal of bitterness about the amounts of money that might be involved and also this :

Didn't Chevrolet just sign a deal with us also?
Yeah, and signed a deal with the Mancs before that also. They're just trying to outdo us.
The point is that if chevrolet sponsor man utd, no liverpool fan will be seen dead in one. so you win over all the man utd fans, but lose the liverpool fans. If you sponsor both, then you have positive (if mixed feelings) from two of the biggest groups of supporters on the planet.
(my emphasis) :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yep, looks like it's time for all those Liverpool fans to sell their Camaros...

antohan

Liverpool have a huge fanbase
Not sure their Asian fanbase would choose NOT to drive a Chevrolet just because they sponsor us.

Who on earth buys a car on the grounds of whether they are your football club's (or rival club's) sponsors?

Mobile networks, fine. Fizzy drinks, fine. Cars? One of the most significant purchases you make. Based on shirt sponsorship? Give me a break.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Not sure their Asian fanbase would choose NOT to drive a Chevrolet just because they sponsor us.

Who on earth buys a car on the grounds of whether they are your football club's (or rival club's) sponsors?

Mobile networks, fine. Fizzy drinks, fine. Cars? One of the most significant purchases you make. Based on shirt sponsorship? Give me a break.
The front of my limited brain agrees with you, but the back bit is saying 'why do they spend so much on sponsorship then?'.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

It's not just about that.

It's about brand exposure. More people seeing your brand name and being aware of it.

It's not even aimed at Man United fans. It's aimed at every single person who will see their logo every time they watch United i.e. billions of people every year.

Excal

It's not just about that.

It's about brand exposure. More people seeing your brand name and being aware of it.

It's not even aimed at Man United fans. It's aimed at every single person who will see their logo every time they watch United i.e. billions of people every year.
Also, that you're a walking billboard when you go out and about in a football shirt.

...which I totally don't do :nervous:

VoetbalWizard

if you want to wear a football shirt in public, buy one of the class retro ones from toffs.

Wearing a modern kit in public while not playing football makes you look a bit of a twat and plastic to feck.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Also, that you're a walking billboard when you go out and about in a football shirt.

Exactly.

If you also factor in the number of people who will clock your logo on a replica shirt, you're probably going to be hitting the majority of the world's population.

That's one thing about the shirt sponsorship, you still get exposure even if your name's on one of the knock off shirts in SE Asia.

antohan

The front of my limited brain agrees with you, but the back bit is saying 'why do they spend so much on sponsorship then?'.
It's not just about that. It's about brand exposure. More people seeing your brand name and being aware of it.

I didn't make the case against shirt sponsorship. I questioned the delusion that a Liverpool fan in Asia wouldn't buy a Chevrolet solely if they were only sponsoring us.

Rather different point.

Exactly.

If you also factor in the number of people who will clock your logo on a replica shirt, you're probably going to be hitting the majority of the world's population.

That's one thing about the shirt sponsorship, you still get exposure even if your name's on one of the knock off shirts in SE Asia.
Excal walking around with CHEVROLET written on him may well be the case AGAINST shirt sponsorship though :smirk:

Probably the reason that exec wanted the branding to be less conspicuous and omitted CHEVROLET altogether :p

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
HOLY WOW!!!
For any Carroll or Aqua fans reading about us apparently agreeing on deals with clubs (West Ham and Fiorentina respectively)... this is the reason why:

Liverpool FC has confirmed today that a mole within the corporate communications division has been discovered, located and eliminated. Over the last 24 hours the club has released two bogus news storied indicating that they had accepted bids for two players (Andy Carroll and Alberto Aquilani) and that deals to sell those players were imminent.

In order to locate the errant staff member the club had to portray an act of almost complete fabrication knowing that the source of previous leaks would give away his/her position. The club has become known for its secrecy in transfer dealings and absolutely insists on continuing in this manner. It was therefore essential that the club deceived other staff, fans and press journalists alike to ensure the lie was kept completely confidential.

Jen Chang, Liverpool’s Director of Communications was unavailable for comment, but quickly released a short statement through junior LFC staff – “We apologise to all our fans around the world for the recent confusion surrounding players and transfers. Complete secrecy was required for a successful mole hunt, and we are now happy to confirm normal service resuming. We can categorically say that no deals have been agreed for Andy Carroll or Alberto Aquilani”.
Hahahah someone has just been stung by a RAWK sham.

Made up story on RAWK. Check out Jen's twitter account.

http://twitter.com/jenchang88

Apologies have been made.
:houllier: why do people do something like this? For a quick internet 15 minutes of fame? :lol:

So very very sad.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I didn't make the case against shirt sponsorship. I questioned the delusion that a Liverpool fan in Asia wouldn't buy a Chevrolet solely if they were only sponsoring us.
Not solely because of that, no, but if they were in the market for a new car, then they might be more inclined to look into Chevrolet models having been exposed to the brand through their sponsorship of United.

Mannheim Red

GM have a huge plant in the far east. Chevys that are sold over here are mostly re badged Daewoo's. They sell them by the millions in China and other parts of the far east. Adding Chevrolets badge to the United shirt is a guarenteed success in marketing terms in the far east.

antohan

Not solely because of that, no, but if they were in the market for a new car, then they might be more inclined to look into Chevrolet models having been exposed to the brand through their sponsorship of United.
:rolleyes: Again, I was referring to the complete opposite case. I know what the point of brand exposure is, I just don't think it would stop a rival fan buying a Chevrolet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At least when we make shit up to release to the general press its funny.

Kaka to United was a cracker effort
wait what? you managed to fool the actual press into thinking Kaka was coming to utd :lol:

Anybody got a link to that thread? i havent seen it before.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
wait what? you managed to fool the actual press into thinking Kaka was coming to utd :lol:

Anybody got a link to that thread? i havent seen it before.
https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/

On page 7 it gets posted on a football news site - https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/index7.html

And on page 9 it gets quoted on MUTV - https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/index9.html#post4746358

And then in the Daily Mail on page 12 - https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/index12.html#post6124396

Also on some Brazilian site - https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/index12.html#post6126197

And finally* in The Sun - https://www.redcafe.net/f15/milan-star-dreams-united-206474/index13.html#post6126575

:lol:

*There's also more I just can't be bothered to post anymore links.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haha wow thats awesome! cheers for going to the effort, definitely worth a read :lol:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Revan

Assumptionman

Sally Cinnamon

I've just read a bit of that first page and can't be arsed reading more, it seems to be their version of Dolan gate.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

I linked to the wrong thread.

It was supposed to be his resignation following on from that, but they've either deleted it or moved it to a part of the board that is no longer available for guests.

He basically resigns from his "position of a staff member" and admitted he'd made another account on the forum. He had had multiple conversations with this second account. :lol:

He also says that when he was in a restaurant with his family once he got abuse from a member on RAWK. :lol:

I'm sorry I linked to the wrong thread, and this one is now gone. Was fecking a great insite in the crazyness prevalent over there.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

I linked to the wrong thread.

It was supposed to be his resignation following on from that, but they've either deleted it or moved it to a part of the board that is no longer available for guests.

He basically resigns from his "position of a staff member" and admitted he'd made another account on the forum. He had had multiple conversations with this second account. :lol:

He also says that when he was in a restaurant with his family once he got abuse from a member on RAWK. :lol:

I'm sorry I linked to the wrong thread, and this one is now gone. Was fecking a great insite in the crazyness prevalent over there.

Reminds me of the 'this United fan I know' statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.