RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

Kostur

海尔的老板
True..

Spannish fans are kinda weird, not humble at all like real fans of football are (Liverpool FC).

Liverpool FC for me is the only team to show the world about playing football with Heart and Soul, and not about showing off like other Big teams do.

I'm so happy about the way the team played last season and how Suarez was part of the beautiful football played.

But I'm more excited about how Brendan will do with his signings, its soo refreshing and more exciting, come to think of it, it takes off the pressure of having to keep big names all the time, and for that I think the club will become more balanced now and stable with signings and the general squad now that suarez has gone.
:lol:

Truedevil

To help get over the news I just wrote this little ditty to "bad moon rising" after watching the video of Argentina's song against Brazil...

Raheem, down the wing a flyin’
Sterling, he plays the libpool way
Daniel, you are as fast as lightnin’
Sturridge, he’ll score a goal today
____
Suarez might be gone
But don’t hang your head for long
Future's getting brighter every day

So say your goodbyes
It's time to dry our eyes
Brendan, his team is on the rise!!!!
_____
Stevie, he’s gonna keep on leadin’
Gerrard, he’ll teach em how to play
Jordan, he’ll run until he’s bleedin’
Hendo, how do you go all day?
____
Suarez might be gone
But don’t hang your head for long
Future's getting brighter every day

So say your goodbyes
It's time to dry our eyes
Brendan, his team is on the rise!!!!

Dr Baltar

Feel like my smoking hot girlfriend with huge bazookas and has left me for a flashy dude in a ferrari who can take her to restaurants where starters cost more than my monthly salary.
Standard RAWK girlfriend analogy.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It wont be long before "the hill" and how they are going to "keep on marching up it" gets mentioned.
Either that or how they are going again.

Either way, none of it will actually involve them doing anything.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I love posts like these. I mean, after the first three, they won feck all both with those players and without them. What barometer are they measuring this "irreplaceable" shit on? You could easily say they never did replace Barnes. They've never won a league title since he was there.
For the likes of Rush,Dalglish,Keegan they pretty much could get any player they wanted to in England. Those days are long gone.

A1X

What "big names"? Their big name just fecked off. Their big names now are a past it Gerrard (who looks like he's in a bad place and may never recover from the last 3 months or so) and Daniel "couldn't hit a barn door at the World Cup" Sturridge.

Parry Gallister

Reply #87 on: Today at 12:57:12 PM »

Thanks for the memories. I think you'll miss us more than we'll miss you.'

:houllier:

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I think they don't realize that they won't EVER have a better shot at winning the league because their talisman just left. Still they can't stop taking about our mid-table position. They really are deluded.
Can you see the future?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
No, we're all too busy thinking of the past.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Can you see the future?
I see it similar to A.Madrid's situation last year, they had an obvious, talismanic player in Costa whose output was comparable to that of Suarez who took them close to the title, Madrid won theirs, Liverpool didn't and now both players have been picked off by the richer clubs and they will find it very hard to replace them and thus sustain a title challenge again next season.

Madrid will come closest out of the two by picking up Manzudkic though.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I see it similar to A.Madrid's situation last year, they had an obvious, talismanic player in Costa whose output was comparable to that of Suarez who took them close to the title, Madrid won theirs, Liverpool didn't and now both players have been picked off by the richer clubs and they will find it very hard to replace them and thus sustain a title challenge again next season.

Yeah I think Suarez is a great player and will be hugely missed but I posted that in the Suarez thread on here and I was told that he never delivered against the top 4 sides and that he only scored his goals against weaker opposition. I think he is great but a loose cannon with his mentalness but I hope another lad can do a job. To be fair the movement of Suarez and Sturridge last year gave teams a huge headache but maybe Sterling can play more this year and offer the same style of play. We'll only know next may really.

The Neviller

Jebus that is woeful. What about that PSG lad? Isn't he a natural right back/wing back?
Van Der Weil? Don't think he was in the squad. Janmaat was their right back. He plaued Kuyt for his energy and to run up and down a lot, from what I've seen. He puts a shift in, that's about it.

It's not something I'd worry about too much from a United perspective. He may well play Valencia in a similar role from time to time, which wouldn't be awful in my opinion.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Thing about Madrid was, they always say they'd never eb able to replace whatever player gets pulled away, but they always do, De Gea, Aguero, Falcao.....

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Thing about Madrid was, they always say they'd never eb able to replace whatever player gets pulled away, but they always do, De Gea, Aguero, Falcao.....
They've still not found a permanent solution to De Gea. But most of their fixes are always transient anyway.

Mandzukic will be a player for them. I feel Chelsea would have done better to pick him up rather than Costa.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Van Der Weil? Don't think he was in the squad. Janmaat was their right back. He plaued Kuyt for his energy and to run up and down a lot, from what I've seen. He puts a shift in, that's about it.

It's not something I'd worry about too much from a United perspective. He may well play Valencia in a similar role from time to time, which wouldn't be awful in my opinion.
No but some uniteds lads opinion on Kuyt as a liverpool player and then having LVG select him may well worry them slightly and that for me would be understandable. He's a work horse yeah but he's also 35 so I wouldn't have had him in my squad. I read up and Van Der Wiel was left out of the squad altogether. Strange decision for me.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Wait he'll have a second chance according to Sky...oh wait, no, that's the Dawn of the Apes movie.

U99ted

Wait he'll have a second chance according to Sky...oh wait, no, that's the Dawn of the Apes movie.
Maybe bumping this is worth it, I don't think one thread will be enough for the level of meltdown we're about to witness.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Giggs and Scholes retired gracefully without any fanfare. United is about the club, not individuals. Gerrard shirts is comical. I hardly think all the players would even want to wear the shirt.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Giggs and Scholes retired gracefully without any fanfare. United is about the club, not individuals. Gerrard shirts is comical. I hardly think all the players would even want to wear the shirt.
It makes them look like a 1 man team.

Nozzy

Well, they haven't won much in a while - this is the nearest they get to parading a trophy these days & for some time to come!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Don't think lampard, viera or henry received this kind of goodbye either. Not sure about Shearer.