Reaction of the fans to Moyes' struggles

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Three or four seasons of a top coach working at my club sounds great to me. Sure in an ideal world David Moyes would be another Ferguson and stay at Utd for a decade or more, but Ferguson is in the the mix of the top managers of all time though. Where as Moyes is not even in the mix of the top 5 coaches currently in the PL. There is a HUGE difference and to me, if I was a fan I don't think there is anything wrong with letting your feelings known on the issue.

What's your issue with Moyes?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Three or four seasons of a top coach working at my club sounds great to me. Sure in an ideal world David Moyes would be another Ferguson and stay at Utd for a decade or more, but Ferguson is in the the mix of the top managers of all time though. Where as Moyes is not even in the mix of the top 5 coaches currently in the PL. There is a HUGE difference and to me, if I was a fan I don't think there is anything wrong with letting your feelings known on the issue.
Oh absolutely, I've no issues with fans raising their concerns and opinions. I'm still sitting on the fence to be honest, but I've no problem if people feel the need to jump on Moyes' back already. Different strokes for different folks.

Revan

Assumptionman
Those 'better options' though, they'd only have been here for three or four seasons.
Stability was the major reason for Moyes' appointment. A Klopp or Mourinho would've been a hired gun. You should value stability more than most.
What does this even mean? And in what way Klopp is a hired gun but Moyes isn't?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If only the club hadnt used the same people that pick England Managers to pick ours

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What's your issue with Moyes?
Nothing to much, I think he is an overall good guy and a good coach. He did a good job at Everton, but from the comments he would make, to his playing style, his whole reign stunk of negativity. At times I hated watching us play, from the defensive tactics to bottling almost every big knockout game he had here. And after 10 years of this, the guy gets rewarded with the biggest job in the country. A job were you not only have to win, but there is a demand for a certain style of football as well. It's a bizarre appointment and one that makes no sense. If he succeeds then good luck to him and I'll eat humble pie.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm still on the fence, but I cannot see how people can have an issue with other people having an issue with Moyes. I doubt people would want Mourinho gone if he had taken us to the same place so far. There was always going to be a strong possibility that Moyes was not up to the job, on the basis that he had not previously demonstrated that he was. If we signed a mid-table midfielder, like Sidwell for example, who I knew a lot about having seen him for years - I would not need to endure three seasons of him playing like Steve Sidwell for me to decide he isn't good enough. In fact, I would also want him gone from the first month.

Now again, this is not the place I am at with Moyes, but I can appreciate that this is the place that many will be at. It is up to him to prove they are wrong, because currently, they have the supporting evidence to win the argument.

Salfordlad70

I am always very very down after such displays and hate all things football and decide I aint goin to the match midweek because I am so furious but that changes within 24 hrs or so.I have lots of sympathy for Moyes and yet I am annoyed at certain things and some decisions that I can't fathom but I was livid with SAF for many things and I am sure we're all the same.We want him to do well and yet many of us are wondering whether or not he has the personality and managerial skills for the job but right now we can't know so full support is needed, more now than ever.

The atmosphere on Saturday was dull as feck and slightly embarrassing and worrying because the RVP song has died down and apart from Adnans song which I don't like, there was very little to be heard.A very nervous crowd indeed but it's reflection of what's happening on the pitch.Similar to conceding the third goal to Everton in 2012.We need a performance to liven the place up and it must happen Wednesday and then on Saturday and we must take that form into the Fulham game and a potentially season defining game against Arsenal and maybe then the pressure will lift from the manager because he's under now and that is going to spread to the players.Tricky times these but it will get better!

mattsville

The biggest concern for me is the tactical side of things, it's not as if we have been knocking the goal down and we are unlucky, I would be patient if I thought we were doing the right things and just waiting on it to click, but it's an utter pile of rigid, static, fearful shite, no matter who we sign that is not going to change, look at the squad of players he has at his disposal ffs, he needs to change his tactics or he won't last, we are playing an "anti Manchester United" style of football AND not even getting the results, against inferior opposition. Good interview with Macari on talksport talking about us setting our expectations to 4th spot this season, he rubbished it and said we should be challenging for the title or it is not good enough, rightly so imo, the bar is set and should not be lowered.

arthurka

Piss poor tactically. Strange handling of players like Kagawa and Zaha. Strange subs at home and total lack of understanding what kind of football we play at home, being dominated by WBA and S'hamton shows that. If we dont get CL football he wont live 2 seasons.. Other than that he has done well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Overall, the reaction has been okay I think. I have no problems with fans voicing their opinions on him, whether it be positive or negative, and there's nothing wrong with saying you don't want him to be manager of United IMO. It's not like he's ever shown anything that would make you think he's cut out for United.

I never wanted him here in the first place, he's just so uninspiring and negative in everything he does. He's already starting to put the blame on the players in his interviews, and that is something I hate seeing from a manager. I can't remember Sir Alex laying the blame on the players many times during his 26 years (some performances sure), and he never said negative shit like us not being good enough to win the champions league at the moment and lacking in 3 or 4 world class players.

The results are not my biggest worry here. I knew we'd be in for a tough time after Sir Alex left, but I hoped we would at least bring someone in who is either proven to be a top manager and someone you know will keep you competing, or someone who would want to revolutionize our play, and have us play better, more exciting, more technical football, even if the results might struggle at first. Moyes though, so far at least, basically has us trying to play similar shite football to what Everton played these last 10 years. When he was appointed I was hoping he would show that he was simply making the most out of what he had at Everton, and he would change his style of play completely to something more suited to a top team like ours. I'm sure everyone would be more willing to give him more time if we saw that the club was going in the right direction. In my opinion though, a few months into his reign as manager of United, he's had us playing boring, slow, negative football and trying to grind out results like Sir Alex did, but that does not work because he isn't, and won't ever be anywhere near as good as Sir Alex. I feel the best thing for us would probably be if he left (or never came in the first place). What happens if we get into the champions league next season? He keeps the job as manager but we probably still struggle to entertain, playing the same shite style of football that won't win titles. It'll just be another season of us trying to grind out results, and not showing any signs of changing. Another big worry is the way he's treated some of our best, technical players, and other general fan favorites. Kagawa and Hernandez are basically being frozed out of the team at the moment, while other less talented players are being players are playing bigger parts.

Also, I understand that plenty of United fans would think longevity and stability is incredibly important, because we had Sir Alex and Sir Matt. The reality is though, those types of managers come around very, very rarely, that they are both successful, and loyal to your team. We shouldn't be bringing in a manager just because he's stayed at a club for more then 10 years. At Everton, once Moyes turned them into a mid table side, when did they ever look like they'd really push on and fight for the top 4? Not once, and they've been in that position for a while now. I'm actually baffled as to why on earth he would get probably the biggest football related job in the world, when he's shown nothing that suggests he is right for it. He isn't the most inspiring or charismatic person you'll ever see, that's for sure. His interviews are boring, he's never won anything, his teams very, very rarely played entertaining football, and he's always had an awful record away to the top teams. Yet he's given the job as United manager because he stayed at Everton and kept them as a mid table club for 11 years.
I think it's unfair to label other managers as 'hired guns' based on the past becasue I feel like managers would stay a lot longer at a team like United because there is basically nowhere but down from here, from their point of view. If anything, they're showing ambition by wanting to go to bigger and better clubs. First and foremost though you should look for a manager who you know you can become successful with. Him being loyal or not in the past shouldn't even come into it really.

Long post, but basically, I don't need to see why it's wrong if fans aren't giving Moyes much time, because I don't need to be watching him for 2-3 years before I realize he's doing the exact same stuff at United as he was doing at Everton. The expectations are much bigger here and so far, he's proved the doubters right.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Klopp being a "hired gun" is ridiculous.
Gets me laughing every time I see it.

In his whole career as coach (around 13 years now) he led a grand total of two teams, so basically staying at least 6 years per club (this will only get higher, because he won´t leave Dortmund until 2016).

Another fun fact: In the four European top leagues, there is only one single coach who is currently longer in charge than him: Arsene Wenger.

IF Klopp someday decides to join the EPL or maybe even United, I expect him to stay at least half a decade and way longer than the majority of the coaches.

The reason for that and at the same time the biggest similarity to SAF is that he is part of a special and rare brand of managers: He is an architect. He has a clear idea of the way football should be played and builds/changes teams according to that idea. In the last years at Mainz and the current years at Dortmund 90% of their players were/are hand picked and most of them also developed and molded by him.

This could also lead to him not be the ideal choice for the current United after the long period of stability under SAF. While Moyes is probably too cautios and conservative, Klopp could have been too extreme. The way United plays at the moment in terms of style is miles apart from Klopp´s idea to play football. He would change a lot and maybe too much.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Piss poor tactically. Strange handling of players like Kagawa and Zaha. Strange subs at home and total lack of understanding what kind of football we play at home, being dominated by WBA and S'hamton shows that. If we dont get CL football he wont live 2 seasons.. Other than that he has done well.
Where to begin with this post.

We dominated Southampton but last year they dominated us is probably something good start.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We aren't entitled to win every football match, or any given match for that matter. It is inevitable that at some point our successes will start to dwindle. I personally don't think we are at that point yet, but we could be and Liverpool's demise is a stark warning of how quickly the times can change.

Of course I want us to win every game; all of us here do. However, our role isn't to judge, to decide who deserves to be at the club or not. Our role, as 'supporters' is to support the team and enjoy our triumphs. That might be avoiding relegation, qualifying for the champions league, or as we have been so used to in memorable history, winning trophies. Talking about complacency is in my opinion a particularly spoilt perspective.

So long as the individuals that make up the club, from the players to the staff and even to the owners, abide by the ethics of Manchester United, you should stand by them. That's kind of what it's all about. I would say those ethics are a)Promoting a team spirit where the whole is always greater than the parts b)Identifying and supporting talent from a young age and helping them be the best they can be and c)Maintaining a self-funding system that allows continuous investment in the club. Would you agree? Unless you feel any of those ethics are being impeded upon, I think you should have faith in Moyes.

One thing I've learnt from Sir Alex is that if you believe in people, and you support them, they almost always repay your faith.
A lot of truth in this, I think.

madhed

Whose mentality? And different in what way?
I'd say different in the way that in the second half yesterday AT Old Trafford, our mentality seemed to be to button up the hatches and defend our slim lead...a lead we were very lucky to maintain in my opinion,Southampton played like they wanted to win in the second half. Our response to the pressure wasnt to address why we were under pressure and fix what was wrong,rather to bring on a defender and try and defend the lead. We played at Old feckin Trafford...We are Man united and we shouldn't be settling like that !

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't think anyone is asking for his head, eight matches into the season. We are just not used to the change and are moaning incessantly because we are used to a certain level of performances, style of play and results.
Moyes wasn't my choice but I also think the season has been a tad unfair to him -- the stupid international breaks and a tough fixture start to boot. Plus a brand new CEO who bumbled his way through the summer.

On the other hand, managers are also judged by their ability to change the course of the game. Moyes has been poor so far, I suspect partly, that he doesn't know nor trust his players yet.

Bringing on Giggs to affect a game is case in point. (Old Young Giggs yes but not Giggs of the 40 years old garden variety.)

So he plays it simple and basic. Unfortunately, 'simples' don't quite do well in this day and age of the more sophisticated foreign coaches and their residual influences (eg Brandon Rogers). As a result, Moyes looks more like Tony Pulis than Guardiola.

The final point is that we were linked to more glamorous winners like Mourinho, Guardiola and even Ancelotti. Its like flirting with supermodels and then landing up getting married to Miranda Hart. Its only fair the the fans are readjusting their expectations.

JmRssll555

Arsenal have Arsene Wenger as manager though.
Why is having Wenger suddenly such a positive factor?

Up until this season, Wenger has consistently been ridiculed and laughed at for failing to identify the weaknesses in his Arsenal teams and their lack of a winning mentality has often been cited as a massive factor in the lack of success. Now, Wenger is the key ingredient behind them maintaining their top 4 status? That's just purely perception, given how the team are currently performing.

On a similar note, Moyes used to be widely praised and lauded by the media and football fans for the excellent work he did at Everton - even when it wasn't all that brilliant. Now we see him being ridiculed for our start to the season - it's all just perception and bandwagon-type behaviour.

Moyes is a good manager - fact. The majority of our fans are behind him and whilst we are seeing some teething issues at the moment, I'm sure he'll sort them out, given our full support.

AlwaysRedwood

Yeah, a lot of this.

The amount of fans that want him sacked already is pretty staggering, and the fact that they even consider it a possibility at this moment in time just shows a distinct lack of awareness about the traditions of the club, how it's run, SAFs influence etc.

That was obvious from he moment he was picked. Just go back and wade through the comments. I said it at the time. A sizable group of fans didn't want him and were going to use any bad result to back that up.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The fact being, had Moyes made those kind of subs at Everton, he would have been blasted for them. Much more so at United.
Good manager out of depth is my initial opinion, but then it is not the end. Easily rectifiable and I think Moyes can do it.

Nathan

I have the greatest respect for Sir Alex and in this instance i trust his judgement. My view is lets get behind the manager, staff and players.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm still backing him, although I'd be lying if I said I was confident of him turning things around and being a success here. I agree with Genius that no matter how shit we are doing or look, I always relish the next match.

If we were to finish below fourth he should go though, that's not an agenda against him, but anyone that manages to take the champions of any country to outside the Champions League places the following season, doesn't deserve patience or the right to prove himself. It works both ways, he has to prove he is up to the standard required at a club as big as Manchester United.
Feel the same way. I actually don't mind us finish below fourth, if only we have a plan of grooming many young players, and play exciting football, ala Bilbao 3 years ago.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is Manchester United, reinging champion of the 2012/2013

We don't suddenly become crap in a day transition or no transition, there are managers that have instant impact on teams, even a short term manager, so far Moyes have shown nothing but decline in every aspect of our game.

Nobody expect him to suddenly become SAF mk.II, but the performance shown so far have been very very bad, even for a post SAF transition standard.

Let's see if he can show improvement, but 1 year without making a slight improvement at all doesn't merit him time IMHO, you have to earn it, it's not a given

fatboy

My biggest worry is that Moyes just doesn't have the temperament for this job. He's a good manager, 11 decent years at Everton has proved that, but maybe Everton is his level. We've seen this happen with players, such as Howard, Foster or Forlan. The weight of playing for United got to them, they start to perform well below their normal standards. Once rid of the red jersey, they get back to their usual selves. If it can happen to players, it can happen to managers. He needs to start believing in himself.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
he could lose the dressing room if things didn't get better, it probably will not turn into a full revolt, but no doubt there will be players questioning his ability if things didn't get better.

The thing we neglect is how the players react having a midtable managers managing them after years of SAF dictatorship. I'm guessing players like Kagawa and Zaha are starting to take him less seriously each passing days, specially when he fails to see that Kagawa and Zaha merits some involvement considering the dross we have been seeing atm

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Many good post in this thread.

David Moyes isn't a manger with a great vision. Nothing in his CV suggest that. He's not a proven winner, in fact the opposite. He's what I call a good survivor. He knows how to keep his nose above the water with hard work and determination. His results at Everton was above average but he never surprised people with a great vision or a special winning mentality. It was all about hard work, discipline and long term stability.

When we appointed him I was chocked. It was like going from having a red Ferrari to drive around with a grey Skoda. I couldn't in my deepest thoughts understand what Sir Alex saw in him. There was nothing, absolutely nothing in his history who breathed success.

Like everybody else in this place I will support my club and David Moyes in every game, but if things don't change dramatically before the season ends then I'm afraid that the train has left the station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I think something a lot of people are skimming past is that he has had a full transfer window and preseason to prepare the team and get things ready for the season to come. The transfer window was pretty much unaminously agreed to be disastrous - at the time most people were saying how it made a mockery of the club the way we handled ourselves, and ended up paying over the odds for Fellaini on deadline day (and I am a Fellaini fan).

Is 8 games plus a summer enough time to pass judgement? Still no, but similarly if Moyes was happy with the squad enough so not to make any serious signings, the buck has to stop with him if there are substantial gaps in the squad.

Furthermore it is never just about the results. It is about peformance, tactics and attitude. If we were playing good football but just not quite getting the results then I expect fans would be more lenient, however we have been boring to watch (less so since Kagawa, Nani and Janujaz have started playing mind), the tactics (again up until recently) were rubbish, we seemed to be setting up to avoid defeat, game after game. We went over a month without scoring from open play in the league.

I am not on the "Moyes out" bandwagon but his early performance as manager has been almost 100% crap. The only positives which I can see so far are that we tied up Rooney, Nani and Janujaz, and that we did at least sign a midfielder, who I have every confidence will come good, given time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Where to begin with this post.

We dominated Southampton but last year they dominated us is probably something good start.
Fergie said last year they were the best side they had played at OT. The only thing missing for us this season was the cutting edge. We had chances, Moyes can't put the ball in the net for them.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Gets me laughing every time I see it.

In his whole career as coach (around 13 years now) he led a grand total of two teams, so basically staying at least 6 years per club (this will only get higher, because he won´t leave Dortmund until 2016).

Another fun fact: In the four European top leagues, there is only one single coach who is currently longer in charge than him: Arsene Wenger.

IF Klopp someday decides to join the EPL or maybe even United, I expect him to stay at least half a decade and way longer than the majority of the coaches.

The reason for that and at the same time the biggest similarity to SAF is that he is part of a special and rare brand of managers: He is an architect. He has a clear idea of the way football should be played and builds/changes teams according to that idea. In the last years at Mainz and the current years at Dortmund 90% of their players were/are hand picked and most of them also developed and molded by him.

This could also lead to him not be the ideal choice for the current United after the long period of stability under SAF. While Moyes is probably too cautios and conservative, Klopp could have been too extreme. The way United plays at the moment in terms of style is miles apart from Klopp´s idea to play football. He would change a lot and maybe too much.
When Wenger retires Klopp will be the only manager I want to take over.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why is having Wenger suddenly such a positive factor?

Up until this season, Wenger has consistently been ridiculed and laughed at for failing to identify the weaknesses in his Arsenal teams and their lack of a winning mentality has often been cited as a massive factor in the lack of success. Now, Wenger is the key ingredient behind them maintaining their top 4 status? That's just purely perception, given how the team are currently performing.
Perception by whom? The biased rival fans, the sensational media or the self proclaimed experts? From a neutral or objective perspective (be it my own or everybody I personally know who follows the EPL) the opinion of Wenger has not really changed over the years. Over here in Germany Arsene Wenger is still seen as one of the best managers and certainly one of the most respected ones in Europe. The reputation he enjoys is also justified.

Given the clear differences in spending power to the three top dogs and the loss of several key players, managing to always be in range of the CL places is a respectable feat. That some used the lack of (unrealistic) trophies to make fun of him and the club does not change that.

finneh

I keep hearing how there's dissent, and how this poor run is weeding out all of the spoilt fans.

It may just be me, but I think the reaction of the fans has been very positive, on the whole.

Sure, there are eejits out there in the fan base, but that was the case when we were the best team in the world - anyone on the Caf in 07/08 will attest to that.

Yes, there was a smattering of boos after the Albion game, but that was a very transient thing and was vastly outweighed by all the fans that stayed behind to applaud. The away following continues to do us proud, being the best in the country.

Even on here, yes, there's grumbles, but I have been impressed by the level of sensible debate and constructive criticism that has been waged.

We're only 8 games in to the league season, so if it continues to go tits up, maybe things will sour. But as things stand, I think United's fans have generally reacted well to this downturn.

What has your experience been based on fans you've spoken to/come into contact with?
The most baffling thing has been the media being so standoffish.

If City had made this start for instance the media would be smelling blood and putting even more pressure onto Pellegrini. They have been uncharacteristically quiet though. In fact on many phone-ins even where fans are concerned or angry at his tactics, style of play, negative substitutions or just results the pundits are backing Moyes to get a couple of seasons to mould his own team. This is almost unheard of in my experience, as talk of sacking and dressing room rifts usually sells more papers than harmony and giving time.

I agree that the fans have been very accommodating and there has been comparatively very little serious pressure on Moyes' job. I myself will not make a judgment before the new year. I was perplexed by the appointment of Moyes for every reason mentioned above, likewise I was perplexed at his Summer activity/acquisition and am currently not exactly optimistic about things. I do think however that a run of games can change things and maybe having this start is the best thing for Moyes: if he can turn this around into a successful season I'll have confidence the next time we have a dismal spell that he can do the same; if he can't turn things around he was obviously never the right man for the job, better for us and him we know sooner rather than later.

If it costs us Champions League Football for one season to find out the latter then so be it. The fact is even in massive failure Moyes will have done us a favour as it will be far easy for the next manager to replace a failing Moyes than the best manager of all time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The fans haven't reacted too well in my opinion, been very quick to pass judgement. There's still some daft things Moyes does but on the whole I think he's beginning to get it right in terms of first team selection, I mean come on at least Januzaj and Nani are on the wings! furthermore against Saints you can't be telling me we didn't look half decent going forwards - I saw lots of chances being created.

Negatives.. 4-4-2 throughout a match, I'd like us to change shape within games to react to situations, I'd like him to stop isolating flair players like Zaha and Kagawa, if you don't fancy them long term fair enough but play them ahead of Young et al ffs and stop playing Giggs ahead of guys like Hernandez. His man-management of the squad is very poor compared to Sir Alex. One final negative is the midfield, it has still not been sorted and it is worrying that he chose to spend £27m on such a dud, Fellaini is so shit at tracking back, constantly outpaced. Surely having worked with him for so long, he'd know the guys limitations and strengths. Final negative, he's far too cautious towards the end of matches, whereas the best teams usually come alive during 70-90 minutes... that mentality of shutting up shop needs to be tweaked if you're United manager, unless there's a 2 goal deficit in your favour.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I think you need to account for the fact that alot of the comments (I'm not counting twitter, because the majority are idiots on there) made about Moyes and his tactics are just exclamations of frustration and bewilderment. United fans are spoiled, because we've had about 20 years of unprecedented success. The loss of arguably the best football manager ever to grace the sport is a big reason for said frustration. I think many of the people moaning and whinging still back Moyes in the long run, but are despairing at the thought of United losing it's dominant place in English football. Disaster hasn't struck but the trend is a bit worrying.

Fans have never been the most reasonable lot, and forums are accessible enough to go on knee-jerk rants. I don't think you should take it too seriously.... yet.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's shown that he's willing to use youth if he believes they're good enough, he's playing Nani as our first choice winger, he's managed to keep Rooney at the club and generally he's picked the right first XI for the games. His substitutions have been poor, and I'm not a fan of his first major signing but the positives are outweighing the negatives at the moment. If we'd have had the City, Chelsea and Liverpool games in November-January time, I think we'd be in a much better position and the only question being asked is if Fellaini was the right signing.

Salfordlad70

I was thinking about the 'no player being bigger than the club' stuff last night.I know Ferguson mentioned it often and it is the same throughout.If a footballer gets too big for his boots and his demands become unrealistic and unreasonable or his behaviour intolerable, as we know well he heads for the exit.Keane,Beckham,Whiteside,McGrath,Ince,Stam and Ruud perhaps were players that left because they'd made it difficult for themselves for one reason or another.

This is all well and good if that manager is an Alex Ferguson or an Arsene Wenger.Managers that are respected by the majority of the players and the fans.When SAF spoke everyone listened and he'd earned that respect and it is the way it should be but what if an unpopular manager takes control and loses the dressing room and takes issue with several key players.Would that lead to more resentment from the fans? Let's say David Moyes had an issue with RVP? I don't by the way think David Moyes is unpopular with the fans as such and I am fully behind him but what if.Could such a breakdown between manager and fans favourite lead to the managers demise if the manager is indeed not popular amongst a growing section of the support.Do players sense a weakness in a new manager and 'try it on' sometimes?? Do the players resent change and a new regime and does that effect their output?

There is little or no sign of any disruption as yet but Alex Ferguson in his early years got it spot on and removed all the negative influences from the club and again through his time here he rooted out all the bad eggs and unsettling influences.Even if those player were popular.I think David Moyes may have to have that kind of 'iron fist' approach and whilst I don't think that we have any problem players at the club aside from Rooney perhaps, he must make some big decisions.

Tribec

I dread to think what sort of discussions we'd have been having after 8 games of with Fergie, or even after 8 games of the 1989/90 season.

Moyes has been given the poisoned chalice to replace Fergie, forget what he said about not being able to turn the job down, I'm sure he had to think long and hard before saying yes. To take over someone like Fergie, when history has shown that very few succeed quickly after replacing a legend like Fergie is a brave decision. Were we to win anything this year, it's Fergie's team, any sort of failure it's going to be all on Moyes. Having been around to know the bad times, it's perhaps a bit easier to sit and watch the team struggle as they are. Rest assured though, if we don't win anything this year, we make some shrewd signings in January and the summer, and next season win the league back, it will feel as good as it did in 2003. I'm starting to enjoy this season, and will give Moyes my support and backing and even if we finish 5th or lower, I'd still keep him for next year, as I think he's actually been given a much harder job than most think, as I'm not 100% sure this squad is as strong as we thought it was.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Moyes will prove to be the right man for the job, but we have to give him a bit of time. It was never going to be easy coming in after SAF and all the glory we have experienced. I´m sure that he will be a succesfull manager of MUFC but it takes a while to settle in