Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It' s impressive in the CL but it was obvious the team was on its last legs and needed some investments. The transition should have been prepared, now it's too brutal
In the era of twitter and football forums the transition might look too brutal indeed. A team's form is analyzed on a daily basis in Internet, but the reality is that we're still in October, Real Madrid lead their CL group and while the run in the league has been very bad, being 7 points off the leader is not the worst situation ever.

What I mean is, we lack perspective to see how the transition will be like, especially after 4, 5 very good seasons. If we knew what the future in the next 5 seasons will bring, that would be a completely different story, we'd be able to evaluate players such as Vinicius, Ceballos, Rodrygo, Fede Valverde, Asensio or potential signings in January and the summer transfer market.

Of course, the situation looks very bad now, and the vibrations on the pitch seem to point out at a lack of investments, but what see now is more of a picture than the whole movie so it's too soon to say if the transition has been prepared or not, more than anything because some of those preparations have not shown their whole potential yet.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In the era of twitter and football forums the transition might look too brutal indeed. A team's form is analyzed on a daily basis in Internet, but the reality is that we're still in October, Real Madrid lead their CL group and while the run in the league has been very bad, being 7 points off the leader is not the worst situation ever.

What I mean is, we lack perspective to see how the transition will be like, especially after 4, 5 very good seasons. If we knew what the future in the next 5 seasons will bring, that would be a completely different story, we'd be able to evaluate players such as Vinicius, Ceballos, Rodrygo, Fede Valverde, Asensio or potential signings in January and the summer transfer market.

Of course, the situation looks very bad now, and the vibrations on the pitch seem to point out at a lack of investments, but what see now is more of a picture than the whole movie so it's too soon to say if the transition has been prepared or not, more than anything because some of those preparations have not shown their whole potential yet.
Oh come on "with the era of twitter" :lol:, it is brutal and absolutely expected as proven by this thread. I thought they were gonna be fine at first but I was deluding myself. Even last season their football wasn't great, they won most their CL ties with experience. The whole thing could be seen a mile away

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
That last part is normal, Madrid players get consulted when they’re looking for a new manager.

Zidane was the players’ choice. Ramos and Ronaldo met with him before he became manager.
Zidane was Florentino's choice. He's was prepared to take the role for years, since 2013 when he was one of Ancelotti's assistants. It's been a very long process.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You're a Ronaldo fanboy, I'm a Real Madrid fan. There's no point in two of us discussing this.
Don't think a Real Madrid fan would stand by Florentino right now... pretty sure you're the fanboy here.

Is there still no problem with letting James go or not give Mbappe the contract he wanted or was I a fanboy for the past 2 years for saying what everyone now thinks?

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Zidane was Florentino's choice. He's was prepared to take the role for years, since 2013 when he was one of Ancelotti's assistants. It's been a very long process.
Yes, but he was the players' choice too. Just like Lopetegui was and currently Guti seems to be the players' favourite to take the job.

Just saying that it's normal for Ramos to have input on who the next manager will be.

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
A quickly removed the notification but a rumour says Mourinho to Madrid and Conte to Man Utd. feck me what a depressing thought.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Oh come on "with the era of twitter" :lol:, it is brutal and absolutely expected as proven by this thread. I thought they were gonna be fine at first but I was deluding myself. Even last season their football wasn't great, they won most their CL ties with experience. The whole thing could be seen a mile away
I insist, how is it proven?

If you want to rate fairly a team's transition after a very successful period you need two things.

- Enough time.

- A comparison with other transitions from some other very successful teams. And that includes the whole hypothetical next winning cycle.

You don't have the first part, and the second part you don't provide it. And even if you provided it, it wouldn't make sense because we're only two months into the new season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think a Real Madrid fan would stand by Florentino right now... pretty sure you're the fanboy here.

Is there still no problem with letting James go or not give Mbappe the contract he wanted or was I a fanboy for the past 2 years for saying what everyone now thinks?
James was desperate to leave. What should we have done, kept him against his will to warm the bench? Mbappé wanted a contract that would have made him the second-highest paid player on the team, and guaranteed to be a starter. We were just coming off our most successful season in half a century, and had to give half the team new contracts that summer. Were we supposed to risk the harmony of that team for Mbappé? It's easy to talk on hindsight, the reality is we won the CL, and this season we're in October. We might have a bad season, only to sign Mbappé, Pogba, Koulibaly, De Jong and Kane next summer and go back to being the best team in the world and win the treble, who can say? Just because the transition doesn't appear to be seamless doesn't mean we're gonna be ass for the next 10 years

I don't know what makes you think WC players were tripping over their dicks to sit on our bench the last two summers, honestly

Kapardin

A quickly removed the notification but a rumour says Mourinho to Madrid and Conte to Man Utd. feck me what a depressing thought.
I like Conte. He isn't really that bad, if we had a competent counter attacking style with properly coached players, we would find it entertaining enough. But I doubt we will hire him.

I assume that if Conte is not an option, Real will hire Mourinho when he inevitably departs in the summer, or poach Poch (:D) from Spurs.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Surely they would? 4 CL in 5 years, what more they want? Cycle turns and now they need to refresh the team and manager. If that is the case fans are wrong / the problem..

He has made mistakes, market has been crazy, so I can understand.

Maybe he's waiting for the transfer market to collapse and buy cheap? Entirely possible that happens in next couple of years.

RM have money in the bank and a good squad, with right manager they can still win trophies and this season.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
James was desperate to leave. What should we have done, kept him against his will to warm the bench? Mbappé wanted a contract that would have made him the second-highest paid player on the team, and guaranteed to be a starter. We were just coming off our most successful season in half a century, and had to give half the team new contracts that summer. Were we supposed to risk the harmony of that team for Mbappé? It's easy to talk on hindsight, the reality is we won the CL, and this season we're in October. We might have a bad season, only to sign Mbappé, Pogba, Koulibaly, De Jong and Kane next summer and go back to being the best team in the world and win the treble, who can say? Just because the transition doesn't appear to be seamless doesn't mean we're gonna be ass for the next 10 years

I don't know what makes you think WC players were tripping over their dicks to sit on our bench the last two summers, honestly
Yes, the big money problems of Real Madrid who have spent feck all for 5 years, won loads of money in the Champions League and needed to renew with their players, except they didn’t.

Spent 100 million on 2 Brazilian teenagers and I don’t know how many million on Perez’s ego boost to renew the stadium.

You’re very deluded if you believe you’ll go back to how things were, just like that. You should be focusing on qualifying for the Champions League, not on winning it.

Pepe went, James and Morata went. They wanted to leave? Ok... but plenty of players wanted to come in and you simply didn’t replace them because Perez didn’t feel like it. Don’t speak as if you have to be careful with money, you’re Real Madrid.

‘It’s easy to talk in hinsight’

Are you kidding me? For how long have I been saying this here? I was saying it just as it was happening while the Champions Leagues were keeping the fans happy.

It was a matter of time until this happened and it will take a lot to go back to the top. You’re dreaming of a transfer window that’s impossible to happen. By the time you replace the players that left over the past 2 years, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric and Kroos will need replacing too.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I insist, how is it proven?

If you want to rate fairly a team's transition after a very successful period you need two things.

- Enough time.

- A comparison with other transitions from some other very successful teams. And that includes the whole hypothetical next winning cycle.

You don't have the first part, and the second part you don't provide it. And even if you provided it, it wouldn't make sense because we're only two months into the new season.
I don't have to prove anything. Is this a trial or something ? 2months only into the season and already the signs are worrying. No replacement for Cristiano will be Real Madrid's biggest issue. Buying Courtois was pointless. It doesn't take a genius to see the signs of what could possibly be a tough season

gaucho_10

Following football is what normal people do in their spare time and it shouldn't been taken too seriously. Fanboying over a footballer is for losers. Fanboying over some construction company/football club CEO is a case for mental institution.

Is there still no problem with letting James go
James was let go because the manager that just won la liga and second CL in a row didn't need him and the club didn't want to keep unhappy player to poison the locker room. I'm not sure how you can question Zidane's choices at the time with a straight face.

or not give Mbappe the contract he wanted or was I a fanboy for the past 2 years for saying what everyone now thinks?
Zidane tried to sign Mbappe for Real Madrid when the kod was 14 years old, long before you, me and every other football fan out there was aware of his existence. He was offered a good contract at 18 years of age with the sale of Gareth Bale and it wasn't enough to make him sign.
The last thing the biggest footballing institution in the world needs is to bow down to a 18 year old footballer and make him the second highest player in the squad.
That stuff is for the nouveau rich clubs that are building grateness by signing players greater then themselves.

BlueHaze

Like Florentino would pay 25m£ to buy out Mourinho's contract :lol::lol::lol:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Apart from Ramos and Marcelo, none of them who had issues with Jose are at Madrid. Pepe and Ronaldo left, so there aren't any.
Thing is, Ramos and Marcelo are two of the captains, and they have influence over a lot of other players, so Mou being vs Ramos and Marcelo would probably mean he had half of the team against him from the start.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Yes, the big money problems of Real Madrid who have spent feck all for 5 years, won loads of money in the Champions League and needed to renew with their players, except they didn’t.
Half the squad renewed their contracts in 2017. Benzema, Bale, Isco, Marcelo, Ramos, Carvajal, Nacho, Lucas Vazquez, Asensio, Varane... Ronaldo and Kroos put a stamp on the renovation just 8 months prior to all those. In their current squad I think only Modric and Casemiro end his contracts before 2021, and they're working on it.

Those players had their wages raised, so there's part of the money you say they didn't expend to renew

You’re very deluded if you believe you’ll go back to how things were, just like that. You should be focusing on qualifying for the Champions League, not on winning it.
Deluded thinking is believing that Real Madrid will have to focus on qualifying for the champions league in La Liga, there might be one year where they slip, but them being top 4 is a given. If you're so sure in that opinion you wouldn't mind sparing some money betting on them being outside ot the top 4 in the next seasos, odds would probably be generous for you.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Following football is what normal people do in their spare time and it shouldn't been taken too seriously. Fanboying over a footballer is for losers. Fanboying over some construction company/football club CEO is a case for mental institution.

James was let go because the manager that just won la liga and second CL in a row didn't need him and the club didn't want to keep unhappy player to poison the locker room. I'm not sure how you can question Zidane's choices at the time with a straight face.

Zidane tried to sign Mbappe for Real Madrid when the kod was 14 years old, long before you, me and every other football fan out there was aware of his existence. He was offered a good contract at 18 years of age with the sale of Gareth Bale and it wasn't enough to make him sign.
The last thing the biggest footballing institution in the world needs is to bow down to a 18 year old footballer and make him the second highest player in the squad.
That stuff is for the nouveau rich clubs that are building grateness by signing players greater then themselves.
Yeah, instead of bowing down to an 18 year old footballer who is going to define a generation or your greatest player ever, you bowed down to two teenage Brazilians who will play in Castilla, a goalkeeper you didn’t need and to Perez’s latest ego boost with the stadium investment. Fantastic management.

Who cares how shit the team is? At least nobody is bigger than the club. If there’s a person behaving like they’re bigger than the club, it’s Florentino Pérez who is more focused on surpassing Santiago Bernabeu and building his own legacy than on actually improving the team.

Being a fan of a club is normal, liking a player is for losers... awesome. I’m not a fanboy, I just know football and I knew how incredibly wrong some people are about what was happening to Real Madrid in the past few years.

The same people who called me a fanboy are the same people who had no clue, thought everything was going to be fine, called Ronaldo a poacher that could easily be replaced and dismissed his importance to this Real Madrid team at every opportunity. So yes, plenty of you ‘Real Madrid fans’ are getting exactly what you deserved and it’s not close to being over either.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Half the squad renewed their contracts in 2017. Benzema, Bale, Isco, Marcelo, Ramos, Carvajal, Nacho, Lucas Vazquez, Asensio, Varane... Ronaldo and Kroos put a stamp on the renovation just 8 months prior to all those. In their current squad I think only Modric and Casemiro end his contracts before 2021, and they're working on it.

Those players had their wages raised, so there's part of the money you say they didn't expend to renew

Deluded thinking is believing that Real Madrid will have to focus on qualifying for the champions league in La Liga, there might be one year where they slip, but them being top 4 is a given. If you're so sure in that opinion you wouldn't mind sparing some money betting on them being outside ot the top 4 in the next seasos, odds would probably be generous for you.
If Valencia were having a normal season, I honestly think Madrid would miss out on top 4 this season. If they had a tough CL group like last year they’d probably end up in the Europa League too. Next season depends on who they buy.

Things won’t just get a lot better with a new manager this season.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If Valencia were having a normal season, I honestly think Madrid would miss out on top 4 this season. If they had a tough CL group like last year they’d probably end up in the Europa League too. Next season depends on who they buy.

Things won’t just get a lot better with a new manager this season.
The thing is, as much fun as it is for the drama, they won't get a Lopetegui as coach every season, nor will they stick with Bale/Benzema a lot longer. What you're saying is that both Sevilla and Valencia need to have a great season, and Real a tough one for them to miss UCL, too many weird factors to say, as you did, that they'll need to be focusing on qualifying for UCL in the next years. An odd year? well this might be their oddest year and they're still only 5 points behind Atletico and Sevilla, and they're still Real Madrid, the same players that barely tried to play good so far would run like their lifes were on the line come January if the pressure was high enough.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The thing is, as much fun as it is for the drama, they won't get a Lopetegui as coach every season, nor will they stick with Bale/Benzema a lot longer. What you're saying is that both Sevilla and Valencia need to have a great season, and Real a tough one for them to miss UCL, too many weird factors to say, as you did, that they'll need to be focusing on qualifying for UCL in the next years. An odd year? well this might be their oddest year and they're still only 5 points behind Atletico and Sevilla, and they're still Real Madrid, the same players that barely tried to play good so far would run like their lifes were on the line come January if the pressure was high enough.
I believe it will come to that and soon they’re going to be looking at a serious possibility of playing Europa League football. We’ll see

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Go check our books. All that money we didn't spend on transfer fees we spent on prizes. Winning all that we won the last 3 years ended up costing us more money than it brought in

Spent 100 million on 2 Brazilian teenagers and I don’t know how many million on Perez’s ego boost to renew the stadium.
Neither thing is relevant to my point

If by "how things were" you mean win 4 CL in 5 years, then of course i don't believe that's gonna happen again anytime soon. It happened literally twice in history for a reason. Better teams than ours have failed, it takes a stupid amount of sheer blind luck for it happen. Now if what you mean is top 5 team in the world, highly competitive if not favourite to win league/CL? Of course i expect that. We are the biggest club in the world

Pepe went, James and Morata went. They wanted to leave? Ok... but plenty of players wanted to come in and you simply didn’t replace them because Perez didn’t feel like it. Don’t speak as if you have to be careful with money, you’re Real Madrid.
Such as? Who's the player of James level who was desperate to replace him on the bench last season? Morata? Go on, name them

As for Pepe, sure. The situation of our defence is something i've been complaining about here on the caf for 2 years

Are you kidding me? For how long have I been saying this here? I was saying it just as it was happening while the Champions Leagues were keeping the fans happy.
For about a year. Only your point is that we were supposed to sign Mbappé, while ignoring the fact it would have jeopardized the dressing room harmony and potentially blown it all up, that we should have replaced James and Morata with similarly good players while ignoring that there were no such players available and willing to come warm the bench. Meanwhile, we did give bigger roles to Isco and Asensio and signed highly-touted young players in Ceballos and Theo, beating barcelona to both

It was a matter of time until this happened and it will take a lot to go back to the top.
Of course it was, every cycle end, and no, it should not take a lot to get back to the top if we don't screw up

You’re dreaming of a transfer window that’s impossible to happen. By the time you replace the players that left over the past 2 years, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric and Kroos will need replacing too.
That was obviously hyperbole, just an example. Modric needs replacing right now and is in fact a player we should have sold two summers ago. It's clear he's lost hunger with us and needs a new challenge. And he wanted to leave last summer. Kroos is 28. Marcelo is 30. Ramos is 33. The urgent holes we need to fix are a CB cover, a LB cover, a world-class quality CM, and a world-class goalscoring forward. We have tons of money in the bank, and big players and big contracts to offload. Realistically we could look at a budget above €300m. The forward will be difficult, the other positions not so much.

We'll be one of the top 5 teams in the world again by next season if we're perfect next summer. If not, at the latest by 2020. Now if Florentino screws up, than that'll be another story. In that case his head will roll

gaucho_10

Go check our books. All that money we didn't spend on transfer fees we spent on prizes. Winning all that we won the last 3 years ended up costing us more money than it brought in

If by "how things were" you mean win 4 CL in 5 years, then of course i don't believe that's gonna happen again anytime soon. It happened literally twice in history for a reason. Better teams than ours have failed, it takes a stupid amount of sheer blind luck for it happen. Now if what you mean is top 5 team in the world, highly competitive if not favourite to win league/CL? Of course i expect that. We are the biggest club in the world

Such as? Who's the player of James level who was desperate to replace him on the bench last season? Morata? Go on, name them

As for Pepe, sure. The situation of our defence is something i've been complaining about here on the caf for 2 years

For about a year. Only your point is that we were supposed to sign Mbappé, while ignoring the fact it would have jeopardized the dressing room harmony and potentially blown it all up, that we should have replaced James and Morata with similarly good players while ignoring that there were no such players available and willing to come warm the bench. Meanwhile, we did give bigger roles to Isco and Asensio and signed highly-touted young players in Ceballos and Theo, beating barcelona to both

Of course it was, every cycle end, and no, it should not take a lot to get back to the top if we don't screw up

That was obviously hyperbole, just an example. Modric needs replacing right now and is in fact a player we should have sold two summers ago. It's clear he's lost hunger with us and needs a new challenge. And he wanted to leave last summer. Kroos is 28. Marcelo is 30. Ramos is 33. The urgent holes we need to fix are a CB cover, a LB cover, a world-class quality CM, and a world-class goalscoring forward. We have tons of money in the bank, and big players and big contracts to offload. Realistically we could look at a budget above €300m. The forward will be difficult, the other positions not so much.

We'll be one of the top 5 teams in the world again by next season if we're perfect next summer. If not, at the latest by 2020. Now if Florentino screws up, than that'll be another story. In that case his head will roll

You're spending too much words on a guy who can't see a problem with Real Madrid making underage child the second highest paid player in all-conquering football team.

The guy is either trolling or he really can't comprehend...or Ronaldo something.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

James didn't need replacing, Asensio happened. He should have never been sold to Bayern though, after getting knocked out by a Morata goal in 2015, James then nearly went on to knock you out last year.... Morata should have been replaced by Mbappe and it would have in no way caused a dressing room civil war either. He was worth it even if it did but it wouldn't have happened. He fully deserved the money he was asking for and it was an incredible mistake to not sign him after 2016/17 when it was beyond obvious how good he was and how much the team needed new blood upfront. That would have been true even without the possibility of Ronaldo leaving... with him leaving, missing out on Mbappe looks even worse.

Even if Mbappe wasn't possible for some reason, how the hell was it possible for the summer of 2017 to go by without Real Madrid signing a great forward? Ît's baffling and don't tell me the crap that noone wanted to go there because they'd go to the bench. Any world class forward would have gone straight into the team in Benzema's place.

Pepe leaving because Perez was only willing to give him a 1 year contract instad of 2 is also incredible, but we agree on that. The likes of Alderweireld or Koulibaly were available at different times. The problems in the squad were all ignored and the money in the transfer market has kept being wasted, I don't know why so many Madrid fans seem confident that will change next summer after the lack of aptitude shown in the past 2 summers.

Keep dreaming of Koulibaly and Kane... want to bet how you'll end up with Mario Hermoso and Rodrygo Goes instead? I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Benzema is your starting striker next season. When I say it will take a lot of time to go back to where you were, I mean at a level to win the Champions League, not at a level to win 4 of 5.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
James didn't need replacing, Asensio happened. He should have never been sold to Bayern though, after getting knocked out by a Morata goal in 2015, James then nearly went on to knock you out last year....
Given the deal, the situation was either bayern, or keep him, swallow his wages and hope he didn't turn into dressing room poison
Morata should have been replaced by Mbappe and it would have in no way caused a dressing room civil war either. He was worth it even if it did but it wouldn't have happened. He fully deserved the money he was asking for and it was an incredible mistake to not sign him after 2016/17 when it was beyond obvious how good he was and how much the team needed new blood upfront. That would have been true even without the possibility of Ronaldo leaving... with him leaving, missing out on Mbappe looks even worse.
Mbappé didn't want to be Morata's replacement though, that was part of the problem. The other part was Isco, Asensio, Marcelo, Modric, etc all signing new contracts that summer. Following those deals with signing Mbappé and paying him, with all of his 6 months of pro football under his belt, to twice or more money than any one of them wouldn't have caused issues in the dressing room? You think?

Any world class forward would have gone straight into the team in Benzema's place.
Tell that to Zidane. Or Ancelotti before him

Keep dreaming of Koulibaly and Kane... want to bet how you'll end up with Mario Hermoso and Rodrygo Goes instead? I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Benzema is your starting striker next season. When I say it will take a lot of time to go back to where you were, I mean at a level to win the Champions League, not at a level to win 4 of 5.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Rodrygo Goes and Vinicius turn out to be monsters. Either way, we have the money to sign the WC players we need

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Given the deal, the situation was either bayern, or keep him, swallow his wages and hope he didn't turn into dressing room poison
There were other clubs after James, United were interested too for example. Why sell him to one of the biggest rivals in Europe? It was stupid.

Mbappé didn't want to be Morata's replacement though, that was part of the problem. The other part was Isco, Asensio, Marcelo, Modric, etc all signing new contracts that summer. Following those deals with signing Mbappé and paying him, with all of his 6 months of pro football under his belt, to twice or more money than any one of them wouldn't have caused issues in the dressing room? You think?

Tell that to Zidane. Or Ancelotti before him
Mbappe would have been fine being Morata's replacement if you payed him what he was worth. He'd have taken Benzema's place in no time too, even with Zidane there.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Rodrygo Goes and Vinicius turn out to be monsters. Either way, we have the money to sign the WC players we need
You did last year too but isn't the logic the same then? To sign those great players you're going to have to break your wage structure which will upset the players that are already there... 1 year ago signing a great player wasn't ok because it would upset the senior players, but now it's fine?

How do you actually expect you're going to sign those players when Perez wasn't even happy to give a raise to Cristiano Ronaldo or one extra year to Pepe? You and many Real Madrid fans are dreaming of a summer transfer window that simply isn't going to happen.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There were other clubs after James, United were interested too for example. Why sell him to one of the biggest rivals in Europe? It was stupid.
Look at the deal. There's no way we agree to a deal like that if we had other options

Mbappe would have been fine being Morata's replacement if you payed him what he was worth. He'd have taken Benzema's place in no time too, even with Zidane there.
Mbappé wanted a guaranteed starting spot, and we were coming off our most successful season in half a century, in which Cristiano, Isco, Benzema and Asensio all played big roles.

You did last year too but isn't the logic the same then? To sign those great players you're going to have to break your wage structure which will upset the players that are already there... 1 year ago signing a great player wasn't ok because it would upset the senior players, but now it's fine?
Because the team would not be coming off the most successful season in 50 years, several big players would be shipped out, and we would not be signing an 18 yo kid who's played professionally for 6 months something in the region of 12-15m a year

How do you actually expect you're going to sign those players when Perez wasn't even happy to give a raise to Cristiano Ronaldo or one extra year to Pepe? You and many Real Madrid fans are dreaming of a summer transfer window that simply isn't going to happen.
Pepe wasn't kept because Zidane wanted him gone, and the issue with Cristiano was down to a combination of factors, starting with his age and lenght of contract demanded. Perez stopped making big moves because the team was winning and the managers wanted as little changes as possible, not because he's suddenly lost appetite for big signings or because there's no money

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Florentino will act when the results are very disappointing. Meanwhile it seemed reasonable not to touch too much.
Besides, did not Cristiano say it was not a matter of money?
James situation wasn't sustainable. He had personal problems and too much competition for a place. For the price that Bayern paid, I do not think there were too many suitors.
I think you try to find too much logic.
Madrid have never had a serious sports planning. Act by impulses. I do not know the rest of Madrid fans but except for the last five years I always remember dressing room problems ,obsessions with certain positions, politics. An entertaining but almost always unhappy club.
Logically we dream about signings, because we have been raised in the galactic era, and we know that they were born to play in Madrid but I think we all know that there is no money, or at least not as much.
It is true that Florentino wants to leave a legacy, but in this case totally necessary.
I would like to believe that Mbappé was a question of money but according to Monaco's president he chose Paris

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If Mou goes there, there might be good chance of him regaining his mojo.

At a place where it all fell apart for him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If Mou goes there, there might be good chance of him regaining his mojo.

At a place where it all fell apart for him.
Doubt it, imagine if they blow the CL they had a hold on three years on his watch, added to the fact their CL dominantion started after he left.

That would mentally finish him to the point of no return, he would be on a hiding to nothing akin to what Rafa was taking over his Inter team.