Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Doubt it, imagine if they blow the CL they had a hold on three years on his watch, added to the fact their CL dominantion started after he left.

That would mentally finish him to the point of no return, he would be on a hiding to nothing akin to what Rafa was taking over his Inter team.
The man still won a title every 2 years. If he's finished 99 percent of other managers are too.

Title last won : 2 years ago.

That's more than most active managers at the moment. Last league title 4 years ago. That too more than the anyone in the league other than pep guardiola. But yeah, he's finished.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The man still won a title every 2 years. If he's finished 99 percent of other managers are too.

Title last won : 2 years ago.

That's more than most active managers at the moment. Last league title 4 years ago. That too more than the anyone in the league other than pep guardiola. But yeah, he's finished.
You have completely and utterly missed the point.

Bojan11

Whoever takes over they still need a rebuild. They need to refresh their forward line as Benzema isn’t good enough anymore and Bale is Bale. Then you have to replace Ronaldo too.

Ramos, Marcelo and Modric will need to be replaced over the coming years.

Water Melon

Hope they go for Jose. Let us see what he wins there and who he buys. His pressers will be fun too. A rant about Real's heritage in CL could become an all time classic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No i didnt. Why so many people think mourinho is finished is beyond me. He has a purple patch of 3 years after a strong 10 years and all of a sudden he's finished article.
Do you know what a purple patch means?

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
No i didnt. Why so many people think mourinho is finished is beyond me. He has a purple patch of 3 years after a strong 10 years and all of a sudden he's finished article.
The patch is definitely not purple. More like brown.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
purple patch
noun
  1. 1.
    INFORMAL•BRITISH
    a run of success or good luck.
    "people expect me to score in every game now I've hit a purple patch"

Ahsan_6386

Suppose if either Mourinho or Martinez sign as the next Real Madrid manager is it possible they might replace Benzema with Lukaku since both of them rate Lukaku so highly .

The Purley King

When does Mourinho's contract with us end? Too much to hope that Madrid take him and we get some compensation? :)
Did read this morning (In the Sun, so almost certainly made up) that Real would offer Poch £17m per year to go there.
Lets hope they go for Jose instead though!

MaCo

Supports
AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona
I am a
When does Mourinho's contract with us end? Too much to hope that Madrid take him and we get some compensation? :)
Did read this morning (In the Sun, so almost certainly made up) that Real would offer Poch £17m per year to go there.
I am afraid they go for Poch and we are stuck with Mou too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
2019. Club have option to extend by 1 year.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Apart from City and Liverpool, Real are the team I most like to see fail.

This season is glorious so far. I hope they struggle for years with their rebuild. They don't have the spending advantage over other top clubs anymore and they are going to have to spend a bucket load to replace their ageing stars.

How much would it cost to replace Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema? Along with recruitment in other areas to stay competitive?

I hope they end up in the wilderness like us for a few years.

The fans are the most detestable on the planet as well, even more so than the Bin Dippers.

Vadim

Apart from City and Liverpool, Real are the team I most like to see fail.

This season is glorious so far. I hope they struggle for years with their rebuild. They don't have the spending advantage over other top clubs anymore and they are going to have to spend a bucket load to replace their ageing stars.

How much would it cost to replace Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema? Along with recruitment in other areas to stay competitive?

I hope they end up in the wilderness like us for a few years.

The fans are the most detestable on the planet as well, even more so than the Bin Dippers.
Yeah I hate Real Madrid fans. So entitled. You see them on Facebook and Twitter “Hala Madrid” even though they’ve never set foot in Spain before.

And they always make them cringeworthy YouTube montage videos of “CR7”.

Yes I know we have loads of fans not from Manchester and that’s fine it makes us a big club. I just hate the plastic Real fans because you know they follow them because of the 13 European Cups and Ronaldo. Never understood anyone who supports a club for one player.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I just read that Madrid don't want to pay more than one year compensation for Lopetuigi. It's gonna turn ugly real soon.:)

I don't think that Mourinho has any intentions going back there. He's got at least one more year left at United if he can get top 4 this season. We got the win against Everton and hopefully beat Bournemouth at the weekend.
I think Mourinho has now got a very good chance at stabilizing the ship. We'll be back! :cool:

Water Melon

Madrid are really ruthless when it comes to manager's performance, are they not?

JohnnyKills

According to Onda Cero (and shared by various other outlets), Real Madrid inserted a clause in Lopetegui's contract meaning they only have to pay him off for the first six months of his contract, because he was sacked before Christmas.
http://cadenaser.com/programa/2018/10/30/el_larguero/1540935939_171188.html

If this is true, surely that's something for United to think about in the future. If we go for a lower-profile manager (such as Eddie Howe) we should insert this kind of clause in their contract, allowing us to get rid quickly if things go wrong rather than hanging on as we did with Moyes and LVG.

AlwaysRed66

I see Pochettino is now favourite for the job, & is falling rapidly with all bookies when talking about which Premiership manager is likely to leave next.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Well if you read what i said again i said if him returning to Real coincides with the end of the CL dominantion after him leaving coincided with the start of it, that will finish him mentally, his ego just won't be able to cope with such a damaging stat and that will also be the case for a lot of managers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I see Pochettino is now favourite for the job, & is falling rapidly with all bookies when talking about which Premiership manager is likely to leave next.
Honestly can't see Spurs just letting him leave mid season given it's Levy. It will be next summer if interest is serious. Real will have to find a stop gap.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
According to Onda Cero (and shared by various other outlets), Real Madrid inserted a clause in Lopetegui's contract meaning they only have to pay him off for the first six months of his contract, because he was sacked before Christmas.
http://cadenaser.com/programa/2018/10/30/el_larguero/1540935939_171188.html

If this is true, surely that's something for United to think about in the future. If we go for a lower-profile manager (such as Eddie Howe) we should insert this kind of clause in their contract, allowing us to get rid quickly if things go wrong rather than hanging on as we did with Moyes and LVG.
What manager would sign that contract? We're hardly the most tempting club to manage right now, our board didn't back our current manager in the last transfer window.

The Purley King

Honestly can't see Spurs just letting him leave mid season given it's Levy. It will be next summer if interest is serious. Real will have to find a stop gap.
I read somewhere that something to do with Spanish regulations is that you can't have a temporary manager for longer than 2 weeks. Is that correct Spanish guys? I guess they'll have to find someone who will take a contract until the end of the season.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Well if you read what i said again i said if him returning to Real coincides with the end of the CL dominantion after him leaving coincided with the start of it, that will finish him mentally, his ego just won't be able to cope with such a damaging stat and that will also be the case for a lot of managers.
Cl is a potluck among the best team and manager.

Saf only won 2 in 26 years. Pep won 3? Zidane was an anomaly it's not a fair yardstick to ask for any manager to replicate 3 in a row. Jose has won several cl as well it's not like he never won it.

Most manager cant guarantee a cl win. Even pep failed to win one with bayern.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope we are proactive for once. We can't let Pochettino go to Madrid uncontested.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't have to prove anything. Is this a trial or something ? 2months only into the season and already the signs are worrying. No replacement for Cristiano will be Real Madrid's biggest issue. Buying Courtois was pointless. It doesn't take a genius to see the signs of what could possibly be a tough season
Sorry, it was you who mentioned the word "proven" in the first place. And even if you hadn't, the "trial" thing is really uncalled for.

We are supposed to be in a discussion forum. We are all entitled to our opinions, but the most interesting thing is to say why we think the way we do. If your opinion is confronted and you are told why, that's what it makes this place more interesting, it's not really that important if we are wrong or right.

There was really no need for the childish response.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sorry, it was you who mentioned the word "proven" in the first place. And even if you hadn't, the "trial" thing is really uncalled for.

We are supposed to be in a discussion forum. We are all entitled to our opinions, but the most interesting thing is to say why we think the way we do. If your opinion is confronted and you are told why, that's what it makes this place more interesting, it's not really that important if we are wrong or right.

There was really no need for the childish response.
Get off your high horse, I didn't mention that word like you pretended, it's you or let me quote you
I insist, how is it proven?
There is no "if you hadn't", I simply didn't. All I said is that I don't have to prove anything because you're the one who weirdly asked for it. Now I wonder who's really childish

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Get off your high horse, I didn't mention that word like you pretended, it's you or let me quote you
Sorry, but you did mention it:

Oh come on "with the era of twitter" :lol:, it is brutal and absolutely expected as proven by this thread. I thought they were gonna be fine at first but I was deluding myself. Even last season their football wasn't great, they won most their CL ties with experience. The whole thing could be seen a mile away
Still, as I said, no need for the "trial" comment, no matter if you said "proven" or not.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sorry, but you did mention it:

Still, as I said, no need for the "trial" comment, no matter if you said "proven" or not.
Oh my mistake then about that but I'm sorry you're not in a position to tell me should be said or not. I didn't insult you after all, it's sarcasm and it's a forum

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In case you want to know more about Solari. Before training in Madrid, he wrote opinion articles in El País. For the intellectual aspect, his use of language and how he writes reminds me of Valdano. https://elpais.com/autor/santiago_solari/a
Many are taking for granted that he is a docile and manageable manager, although apparently he was quite vindictive in his time as a player.

He wrote a lot in the years of Mourinho and left things like these:

"The message of Madrid has often been in the hands of hooliganism, media noise and business [...] Mourinho has put the speaker and the guarantee certificate is subscribed by Florentino Pérez "

"Nothing would be more terrible for Madrid than the merit of their success was attributed to their leaders"

Lots of compliments to Messi : "Scorer is intrinsic to Messi in the same way that storms, lightning, or hurricane wind, are atmospheric phenomena."

"Every time Messi receives the ball the earth shakes, everyone becomes silent and rival coaches sink their heads between the shoulders and put their hands in their pockets"
"Cristiano is the best player in the world because Messi plays another sport"
In his first press conference he forgot his elegant speech a bit when asked about the copa del rey. He replied something like: "we have to go and win with 2 cojones"

Edit: It is also said that the players missed Antonio Pintus, the physical trainer of Zidane, who was still in the club but had an anecdotic role with Lopetegui.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Solari is probably the best player to ever come out of American NCAA soccer. Clint Dempsey, Brad Friedel, Shaka Hislop and Vedad Ibisevic would be the honorable mentions.