Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

cyberman

I spoke about the next five years and also about two very clear options.

What was he blocking? I don't know, because I don't know if Vinicius is going to look as good as I think he's going to be after his game yesterday, I don't know if Asensio is going to keep on developing or not, or the players Florentino is going to sign in January and when the season is over.
Then why not sell him next year if he isn't blocking a purchase last summer? Where was the benefit of selling Ronaldo?
Just because he stays in the summer doesn't mean he has to stay for the next 5 years?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Then why not sell him next year if he isn't blocking a purchase last summer? Where was the benefit of selling Ronaldo?
Just because he stays in the summer doesn't mean he has to stay for the next 5 years?
Because his people had started a very aggressive media campaign months ago already, and a refusal to renew contract from Florentino would have meant further problems. Instability both on and off the pitch.

I don't criticize the media campaign from any of the parties by the way, it's legitimate to do so. What I want to make clear is that the best players in the world have a lot of power these days, much more than what they used to have in the past.

cyberman

Because his people had started a very aggressive media campaign months ago already, and a refusal to renew contract from Florentino would have meant further problems. Instability both on and off the pitch.

I don't criticize the media campaign from any of the parties by the way, it's legitimate to do so. What I want to make clear is that the best players in the world have a lot of power these days, much more than what they used to have in the past.
Can't agree here. Everybody is used to Ronaldo now, he would still give 100 percent on the pitch even with a bitchy attitude outside of it.
Plus the team means more than Perez. You don't sell Ronaldo so your chairman can have an easier life.
Imagine we sold Pogba simply because Ed didn't want the grief?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Can't agree here. Everybody is used to Ronaldo now, he would still give 100 percent on the pitch even with a bitchy attitude outside of it.
Plus the team means more than Perez. You don't sell Ronaldo so your chairman can have an easier life.
Imagine we sold Pogba simply because Ed didn't want the grief?
Yes, Ronaldo is very professional in general terms but still the stats show he is way more committed just after renewing his contracts. Also, a sustained bitchy attitude from an elite player at any top club is always very bad for the brand, especially if it lasts one year and a half.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If that's true it would be big bolted job from your side.
Yes, but again, nobody could see juventus coming

Because he wanted to leave and the club had agreed to let him leave if certain conditions were met. Flo would've had to break an agreement to keep him, and a club like ours does not break agreements.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Martinez wouldn't be a bad shout actually. @carvajal might think differently but he's the sort of guy who'll know how to manage the players' egos and won't try and crack the whip too much. Can't help thinking it's a short-term appointment though.

Interestingly, he's Catalan but I don't think he's like Guardiola in his political views.
Really hope they do.
Martinez was a very attack minded coach at both Wigan and Everton. That may suit the Real Madrid purists but I very much doubt that he will have much success there.

Also don't think he has been overly successful as the Belgium coach. Third in the WC with all those brilliant players doesn't suggest that he is right at the top.

JoaquinJoaquin

You just know perez would fix things up in the summer.

Madrid fans should be excited for next summer.
On what basis exactly?

This is their worst squad in quite some time and needs heavy investment. When you look at the options they have, It is a much harder task than you think.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
On what basis exactly?

This is their worst squad in quite some time and needs heavy investment. When you look at the options they have, It is a much harder task than you think.
The squad is decent, they only need a two or three of players max, a striker to replace Ronaldo, maybe a midfielder and a central defender. They're in transition, losing Zidane and Ronaldo at the same time is a big change for the team and they've been so successful recently, It can be hard for the players to be as motivated. Can't win the Champions league every season. There is plenty of quality in the existing squad.

Top players in the world will still want to go there. They also have a lot of younger players out on loan who could make it in the first team too. Yes they've been awful recently, with hindsight whoever came after Zidane was probably always doomed. Far too much knee jerking going on.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Is Perez actually thinking of giving the job to Solari until the end of the season?

No strong rumours of any other manager being in contention is weird.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is Perez actually thinking of giving the job to Solari until the end of the season?

The main rumour seems to be, unless Mourinho becomes available on a free, Santi Solari will be manager until next June.

If the season totally implodes that could change of course. You know Florentino...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The main rumour seems to be, unless Mourinho becomes available on a free, Santi Solari will be manager until next June.

If the season totally implodes that could change of course. You know Florentino...
Mourinho will probably stay with United until the end of the season, Conte seems like it won’t happen, Martínez has to be looking at the Euros as his biggest chance in football to make history... Wenger is available but unfortunately I doubt he’d be chosen.

If they lose points against Valladolid or Plzen it will be very interesting to see what they do but I really think they’re going to give it to Solari if they win the next couple of games.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Yes,I think he will stay. For what I read (el confidencial/okdiario) the club liked his first 2 press conferences, they think he can handle the situation well.
He has also got the message and has used Vinicius (although probably Lopetegui would have done it).
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...-real-madrid-florentino-perez-zidane_1639758/
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...drid-florentino-vinicius-solari-liga_1639442/
https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-madrid/2018/11/01/asi-habla-3301730

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes,I think he will stay. For what I read (el confidencial/okdiario) the club liked his first 2 press conferences, they think he can handle the situation well.
He has also got the message and has used Vinicius (although probably Lopetegui would have done it).
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...-real-Madrid-florentino-perez-zidane_1639758/
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...drid-florentino-vinicius-solari-liga_1639442/
https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-Madrid/2018/11/01/asi-habla-3301730
Solari is a very smart guy, probably the smartest coach I've ever seen at Madrid, but if the team doesn't win that will be useless. It's results what dictate the future of a coach, and nothing else.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...-real-Madrid-florentino-perez-zidane_1639758/
https://okdiario.com/deportes/real-Madrid/2018/11/01/asi-habla-3301730
What if you don’t beat Valladolid at home?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Solari is a very smart guy, probably the smartest coach I've ever seen at Madrid, but if the team doesn't win that will be useless. It's results what dictate the future of a coach, and nothing else.
I think that now that Pintus is there, the players are going to get a physical improvement and I think Modric, Varane, Bale, Kroos, or Ramos are going to give a better version too. I think that being a conciliator, dealing well with the press and with a January signing he could be lucky.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What if you don’t beat Valladolid at home?
Solari has a coach license as the one that would come. He has been in the club for years, he deserves an opportunity, a little margin. A prestigious trainer would find the same problems, and surely would cause doubts equally because he would be the third or the fourth desired option. I guess that paying settlements here and there has something to do too

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
On what basis exactly?

Players going through bad form doesn't make them worst.
They just need a Neymar/Hazard type player providing a spark in the attack and lead the lines. Perez might go big for some players as he always does when Real underperform.

If current players like Asensio, Isco, Cabellos step up, there won't a need for huge investment. Similar to our full back situation when everyone said we need 100-150 mil to get it sorted.

We only needed 19m.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Why is Real all of a sudden wanting Jose back?
When Florentino resigned for the first time, he said something like "it's easier to control the thousands of ACS workers than the Madrid dressing room", is his farewell also said he had spoiled them.
I think he considers Mourinho one of the few capable trainers to have total control without him having to be so aware.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Because Florentino didn't think anybody could do it. Nobody expected Juventus, it was unthinkable that they could afford him until they signed him. The belief was that only China and Qatar/Emirates could afford him, and he wouldn't leave for those destinations.
Juventus for many years didn't do anything like this, paying always attention to the cost of players. We used to sell one or two players to buy two or three other players. No big spending for signing stars, only one time EUR 90 millions for Higuain, because we cashed much money for Pogba. Nobody thought it would be possible to buy someone like Ronaldo. Perhaps the only team that could do it, given these premises, was Bayern Munich.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
When Florentino resigned for the first time, he said something like "it's easier to control the thousands of ACS workers than the Madrid dressing room", is his farewell also said he had spoiled them.
I think he considers Mourinho one of the few capable trainers to have total control without him having to be so aware.
If that's the case then Perez needs to back Mourinho this time.
I don't really understand why he is concerned about the dressing room. Nothing like a fallout or player downing tools sort of thing has happened

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Normally several things can happen:
-The players manage to eliminate things they do not like. For example, Ramos managed to eliminate pre-match concentration in a hotel. Against Alavés they arrived at the stadium on match day at 5 o'clock in the afternoon.

-Their influence can also be felt in too-light training or hierarchy players who end up deciding at the same time as the coach (I think Ancelotti had this problem).

-In the galactic era the coaches did not have much influence. There was a lot of nightlife, even with the "the dressing room smells of alcohol in the morning", as well as mini groups that were barely talking each other (I think Dudek made a reference to this in a book).

-Nowadays there are again rumors of a lot of nightlife(Asensio among others), or players who have more weight than the coach, being unable to contain them. Ramos saying between lines that the dressing room doesn´t want Conte or Marcelo complaining in front of the press because he didn´t play a match, even if his form is pitiful

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus for many years didn't do anything like this, paying always attention to the cost of players. We used to sell one or two players to buy two or three other players. No big spending for signing stars, only one time EUR 90 millions for Higuain, because we cashed much money for Pogba. Nobody thought it would be possible to buy someone like Ronaldo. Perhaps the only team that could do it, given these premises, was Bayern Munich.
Bayern were never a realistic destination either, they simply don't pay the kind of wages cristiano wanted, even if they could.

Btw, didn't know Lopetegui had marginalized Pintus, but that explains a lot. We've looked in far worse shape than we've had in a while last month. It also further proves just how unfit he was for the job. I mean, Pintus was one of the main reasons for our recent success, the players clearly believed in his methods and of why wouldn't they, his methods worked. It's insane that Lopetegui came into the job and decided to marginalise the guy left over from the previous staff who'd done so well. When you come into a successful team, the first thing you need to do is keep the stuff that worked. That's just common sense. It's not even like Pintus was too bland, quite the opposite in fact, Pintus worked them to the bone. Fitness training in summer with him was a massacre :lol: but then the team would get to April/May in better shape than anyone else.

Crespo once asked Simeone what was the most important quality for a manager to be successful, and the answer was "a great fitness coach" :D. Well, Zidane obviously agrees and hired a great fitness coach for us as well, and look at the results.

Will be a while before Pintus can get us back into shape, but we are going to be much better in the second half of the season

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Bayern were never a realistic destination either, they simply don't pay the kind of wages cristiano wanted, even if they could.

Btw, didn't know Lopetegui had marginalized Pintus, but that explains a lot. We've looked in far worse shape than we've had in a while last month. It also further proves just how unfit he was for the job. I mean, Pintus was one of the main reasons for our recent success, the players clearly believed in his methods and of why wouldn't they, his methods worked. It's insane that Lopetegui came into the job and decided to marginalise the guy left over from the previous staff who'd done so well. When you come into a successful team, the first thing you need to do is keep the stuff that worked. That's just common sense. It's not even like Pintus was too bland, quite the opposite in fact, Pintus worked them to the bone. Fitness training in summer with him was a massacre :lol: but then the team would get to April/May in better shape than anyone else.

Crespo once asked Simeone what was the most important quality for a manager to be successful, and the answer was "a great fitness coach" :D. Well, Zidane obviously agrees and hired a great fitness coach for us as well, and look at the results.

Will be a while before Pintus can get us back into shape, but we are going to be much better in the second half of the season
I know Pintus. He was in Juventus in the first period of Marcello Lippi. I don't know if you know this team, but it has been probably the most beautiful team in Europe for years, dominating opponents for 90 minutes every match, in Serie A and in Europe, too. They all could run for the whole match without to stop a second, and not only midfielder like Deschamps, but the stars, too (Del Piero, Zidane). This is why Zidane signed him when he became the manager of Real Madrid.
If you don't like him, please send him back to us...

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
I think that now that Pintus is there, the players are going to get a physical improvement and I think Modric, Varane, Bale, Kroos, or Ramos are going to give a better version too. I think that being a conciliator, dealing well with the press and with a January signing he could be lucky.
Pintus is a trainer, not a wizard. He cannot improve the stamina of the players in a few days. He has a hard job to do, and probably in the first month the team can suffer because of the tiredness caused by workouts.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Last year the players looked even worse physically than this year, not sure it’s all down to Pintus.

They only looked good from February onwards in that department.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Mourinho back to Madrid? After the numerous enemies he made in the madrileña press, the Spanish Federation, Barça?

I doubt that the older, grayer, jaded, current version of Mourinho could endure it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last year the players looked even worse physically than this year, not sure it’s all down to Pintus.

They only looked good from February onwards in that department.
No we didn't. We did look tired, but nothing like this, and part of the reason was the lack of rotations from Zidane. Lopetegui has rotated plenty and we've looked much worse physically.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
No we didn't. We did look tired, but nothing like this, and part of the reason was the lack of rotations from Zidane. Lopetegui has rotated plenty and we've looked much worse physically.
The things you’re saying here about the physical condition of the team are exactly what you were saying last season...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The things you’re saying here about the physical condition of the team are exactly what you were saying last season...
Not really. I mean yes, we weren't in good shape around this time last season either, but we were still in much better shape than we've been this season. And the biggest issue last season was Kroos and Modric and Casemiro being tired. The likes of Lucas, Ceballos, Asensio, etc, all this guys who didn't play as much didn't have this issue. This season, every player looks in bad shape

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Valladolid's own goal thanks to Vinicius.
No Marcelo and Carvajal, Bale poor and Modric keeps being played out of position for some reason.

Still, we got the win, which was the most important thing today. Now it's a matter of improving fitness and form. And then we can work on strategy and tactics

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Ramos loving that chip down the middle penalty. Got some luck with the first goal. They're on the road back, long way to go. Younger players in the squad seem to have more hunger. Bale doesn't look at it.

They need refresh the squad with a few young hungry signings, sell Bale. Courtois distribution dreadful, can't see what he offers over Navas? Modric, looks like he's played too much football, needs a break.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No Marcelo and Carvajal, Bale poor and Modric keeps being played out of position for some reason.

Still, we got the win, which was the most important thing today. Now it's a matter of improving fitness and form. And then we can work on strategy and tactics
Agree. For now I am more than happy if we simply win the next games. Solari has to decide the system too and do something with Lucas Vázquez :lol: