Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Agree. For now I am more than happy if we simply win the next games. Solari has to decide the system too and do something with Lucas Vázquez :lol:
Aren't your next four games away from home? For any struggling team that's never a good run of fixtures although might help the squad with the Bernabeu in a vile mood.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Aren't your next four games away from home? For any struggling team that's never a good run of fixtures although might help the squad with the Bernabeu in a vile mood.
I didn´t know it, actually it can be good for what you say. Probably they are extra nervous

RoyH1

Florentino Perez blamed it on Lopetegui, but it's clear that the "bad" form of this Madrid team is on him. They are at least 2 starters and 3 bench players short of being a team that can win the CL again. It's amazing to think that only 2 seasons ago they had perhaps the deepest competitive squad in Europe.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Things are starting to pick up and the players are clearly elated. I mean just look at Kroos this morning:

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If Valladolid had got something out of the match yesterday, it wouldn't be any shock. They created enough chances to deserve a better result.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Things are starting to pick up and the players are clearly elated. I mean just look at Kroos this morning:
:lol::lol::lol:
Is this a real quote? I know Madrid have been terrible recently but this has desperation written all over it.

RoyH1

:lol::lol::lol:
Is this a real quote? I know Madrid have been terrible recently but this has desperation written all over it.
Kroos has a very particular sense of humour and a lot of his tweets/messages get lost in translation. I think is making a point about what constitutes a crisis at the Bernabeu

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Carvajal, following the good work in the public statements of his captain, said that Lopetegui is the best coach he has ever had :lol:
Apparently the club did not like it too much

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid will sign Palacios after the Boca-River final

RedNed77

That elbow by Ramos on the Plzen player tonight :nono:. He plumbs new depths of cnutery each week. If anybody has a gif, please get it in here. Awful stuff.

peridigm

Have they appointed a permanent manager yet? I read they needed to within 2 weeks due to some Spanish law about temporary jobs or something. Just wondering that's all.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Solari will likely get it until end of the season. Beyond if he pulls off a Zidane CL win.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Those shills will do everything to build the narrative in Madrid's favour. :lol:
Well, you know how Marca is. They take the opportunity to brand the player as greedy. In any case, that's football leaks.
In a greater or lesser percentage location/ family, money and competition had to have something to do.
The most critical press (el confidencial/el pais) says that Madrid were quite arrogant in the negotiation, and assumed that he would say yes
Is he any good?
No idea,I only watched a game,the last Boca-River

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
And with all this they are only 4 points behind Barcelona. Everything is a drama for Real Madrid but in the end they always find a way to solve their problems. Of course don't expect them to win the League, but they will recover. Those players don't need supermanagers, they just want someone who let them be free to do what they want. With the good and bad things it brings.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Those shills will do everything to build the narrative in Madrid's favour. :lol:
You mean football leaks? :smirk:

Anyways, yesterday was a weird game, we lost case, reguilon and nacho to injuries, Solari had the midfielders back to playing in the areas they should play(none of that inane Modric as a #10 malarkey Lopetegui came up with, finally), Benzema played like a man possessed, Lucas was bad, Odriozola was amazing, Bale was so-so(we still don't use him as a striker for whatever reason), Celta scored a great goal and injuries aside we looked fitter than we've been in over a month

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Two recent articles by Diego Torres. In one of them he says that in Camp Nou, Florentino had decided to sign Conte. However, when Conte discovered that he would hardly have power, and that Ramos had just spoken against him, he established a very hard line in the negotiations with five conditions:
-10 million net
-more years than offered, and guaranteed
-a team of five assistants
-the commitment of an immediate investment
-Power of decision in departures.
Apparently these demands "caused fright" in the club, while the intermediate workers were in charge of convincing Florentino that the public would not want a modern catenaccio
https://elpais.com/deportes/2018/11/12/actualidad/1542052965_310630.html

The second article is about Solari, Diego Torres say that he does not have much competitive spirit, and his priority is to continue working within the club, in any position. He says that the players perceive him as an affable person but with a presidential seal: Sit down Isco to give minutes to Vinicius or Ceballos for example.
In the past he did what the club told him: Put a Chinese player to play, Odegaard in the line-up (he had lost his place with Zidane), etc. According to Torres, in the club they know that the players do not want Mourinho or Conte, and they think that only with the fear of a sargeant they can recover the competitive spirit, although they doubt that it will be enough. Solari earns 300,000 euros. Now he will earn 4million net, this year and two more.
https://elpais.com/deportes/2018/11/12/actualidad/1542052370_139900.html

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Isn’t this just because you can’t have caretaker managers for long in Spain? Someone told me that yesterday.

I guess he’ll stay manager until the end of the season/until a good manager becomes available.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Isn’t this just because you can’t have caretaker managers for long in Spain? Someone told me that yesterday.

I guess he’ll stay manager until the end of the season/until a good manager becomes available.
If he does a good job, he'll probably stay. I don't think he'll need to win La Liga or the CL to still be Real Madrid manager next season.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

He seems to be doing a good job and it's not like there's many mouth watering managers on the market. He'll get the sack at first opportunity but just like any other Real manager.

RoyH1

You've got to remember than managers previous experience and CV matters less at Real Madrid than they do at most other clubs of comparable magnitude. Del Bosque, Zidane came from exactly the same job as Solari did and they did ok we can agree. I don't think Solari will pull that off, but he comes from a long line of football managers and has a lot of experience as a player.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

This Madrid side is still very good on paper and if Solari can bring their confidence back they are still a team likel to make top 4 in the CL.
Losing Cristiano hurts but Benzema is already on 10 goals, Bale isn't that far behind and once their fullbacks come back from injuries they have plenty of way to threaten an opponent.

I'd rank them 4th favorite behind City/Juve/Barca at this point.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Solari might do a good job but he needs his forwards to be sharp enough to get "underserved" results in bad games consistently, and I don't think he has that at the moment. That's what wins you the leagues imo. Barcelona have Messi and Suárez for that. Madrid needs consistent versions of Benzema and Bale and that's not realistic.

Champions League is a different story because in terms of sheer brilliance and experience the squad is still great, but it's incredibly hard to win one, especially after getting three in a row.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Madrid's attitude toward managers is absolutely bang on for a global giant - you under-perform, you go.

Their player power is a problem.

But in order to maintain success, you MUST be ruthless.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday Asensio made some silly statements saying that he doesn't have to "pull the carriage" (that means "lead the team") since there are other players with more experience. He was highly criticised,on all sides, even Roncero.

Inda said the other day that Isco is overweight, that's why he has gone to the bench.
I am curious about the winter market: Hermoso, Palacios, Rodrygo, some galáctico...

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Silly? he is right in a way ...when you see Gareth Bale being shit the whole season (for like two or three seasons in a row?) and winning 20millions when he win only 4 millions why would he bother to pull the carriage (tirar el carro)? I would do exactly the same than Asensio, you can't give so much money to a player like Gareth Bale and have a healthy locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday Asensio made some silly statements saying that he doesn't have to "pull the carriage" (that means "lead the team") since there are other players with more experience. He was highly criticised,on all sides, even Roncero.

Inda said the other day that Isco is overweight, that's why he has gone to the bench.
I am curious about the winter market: Hermoso, Palacios, Rodrygo, some galáctico...
Isco went a montn without even being able to train i believe. Of course he's not fit right now. Nor should we expect him to be. And Asensio is right on the one hand, there are indeed more experienced, obvious stars who are more ready to be the star. But on the other hand, we've bet big this season on him becoming such a star. Hearing him shy away from it is worrying

RoyH1

Isco went a montn without even being able to train i believe. Of course he's not fit right now. Nor should we expect him to be. And Asensio is right on the one hand, there are indeed more experienced, obvious stars who are more ready to be the star. But on the other hand, we've bet big this season on him becoming such a star. Hearing him shy away from it is worrying
That it is. If Madrid buys Hazard, who plays in Asensio's position, if the latter complained the club would have a brilliant riposte to any complaint of his: "Oh but you know Marco, we needed someone who was willling to do the heavy lifting for the team, that's not you, right?"