Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Bwuk

Cheeky bid for Ramos if Jose goes to Real? He's a bastard of a bloke, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
He's class but he's 33 in the summer, and would cost us a fortune even if he wanted to come.

iKnowNothing

Some of the Real Madrid fans here considering Salah acquisition.. do you guys actually rate him so much that you'd consider him to be quality enough to bring you guys back to the top?
Neymar or Mbappe I can understand. Salah feels a tier below.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cheeky bid for Ramos if Jose goes to Real? He's a bastard of a bloke, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Would take him in a heart beat. Lindelöf Ramos is just sex :drool:

Not that solid but man can they pass the ball :drool:

Though De Ligt has to be our number one priority. Kid has something.

el3mel

The first affirmation is not correct, no one said that he didn't want to make a rebuild. The rumour is that there was a disagreement on the rebuilding plans.
Let imagine that's correct. One year later and there's total agreement. How will he know they will be able to go with his plan? Still make zero sense for him to return 1 year later as if Perez is now going to listen to everything he says.

Even though I'm still pretty much sure he didn't fancy himself for the rebuilding job anyway and saw this coming from a mile.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Let imagine that's correct. One year later and there's total agreement. How will he know they will be able to go with his plan? Still make zero sense for him to return 1 year later as if Perez is now going to listen to everything he says.

Even though I'm still pretty much sure he didn't fancy himself for the rebuilding job anyway and saw this coming from a mile.
You have no idea about what the plan is, what it was and whether they can or will agree. You are trying to give a particular sense to something that is undefined which is obviously impossible.

el3mel

You have no idea about what the plan is, what it was and whether they can or will agree. You are trying to give a particular sense to something that is undefined which is obviously impossible.
I see we're back to the same cycle again whenever we discuss Zidane again, to what we know and what we don't know. I think it's better for us both to not discuss anything French related. Let's limit our discussions to other matters.

JPRouve

Scout
I see we're back to the same cycle again whenever we discuss Zidane again, to what we know and what we don't know. I think it's better for us both to not discuss anything French related. Let's limit our discussions to other matters.
Don't make it a french or personal thing. I'm simply pointing out the fact that since you don't know the details of the disagreement, you can't determine whether Perez will change his mind or not. It's a frankly simple logic, Otherwise I have no issue with your assumption and I'm not convinced that Zidane will actually be interested in a comeback.

el3mel

Don't make it a french or personal thing. I'm simply pointing out the fact that since you don't know the details of the disagreement, you can't determine whether Perez will change his mind or not. It's a frankly simple logic, Otherwise I have no issue with your assumption and I'm not convinced that Zidane will actually be interested in a comeback.
Whenever you enter this very certain discussion you revert to this undefeated winning card which says "we don't know a thing". Well the reality is we don't know anything at all from inside any club and we're just here in the forum guessing and building theories about what we have. If we knew things we would be working as journalists. We're just here building theories from what we have, and no one of us admitted he knew the inside of any club. If every discussion I have with you with Zidane will always end with "We don't know what happened", "We don't know anything about the future" or "We don't know anything about his tactics", it's not worth the efforts of us both going in cycles for 2-3 pages. As I said this is undefeated card in any discussion and I admit.

JPRouve

Scout
Whenever you enter this very certain discussion you revert to this undefeated winning card which says "we don't know a thing". Well the reality is we don't know anything at all from inside any club and we're just here in the forum guessing and building theories about what we have. If we knew things we would be working as journalists. We're just here building theories from what we have, and no one of us admitted he knew the inside of any club. If every discussion I have with you with Zidane will always end with "We don't know what happened", "We don't know anything about the future" or "We don't know anything about his tactics", it's not worth the efforts of us both going in cycles for 2-3 pages. As I said this is undefeated card in any discussion and I admit.
It wasn't meant to defeat you, it was a simple answer to a question that you asked and a conclusion that you made. Unfortunately, we can't answer the question and we can't convincingly determine whether a comeback would make sense from Zidane's pov.
The only thing that I can tell you is that one of the rumours is that Perez wasn't against the plan of rebuilding the team but he wanted to postpone it in order to invest in Santiago Bernabéu. Even with that information, I can't answer your question and again I'm not trying to defeat anyone with that, not knowing what Zidane wants and whether Perez can or will postpone his initial plans is difficult to tell from the outside.

el3mel

It wasn't meant to defeat you, it was a simple answer to a question that you asked and a conclusion that you made. Unfortunately, we can't answer the question and we can't convincingly determine whether a comeback would make sense from Zidane's pov.
The only thing that I can tell you is that one of the rumours is that Perez wasn't against the plan of rebuilding the team but he wanted to postpone it in order to invest in Santiago Bernabéu. Even with that information, I can't answer your question and again I'm not trying to defeat anyone with that, not knowing what Zidane wants and whether Perez can or will postpone his initial plans is difficult to tell from the outside.
No problem. You're still one of the posters I respect here. You're one of the few posters that I argued with and it didn't end in any personal insults that forced me to put on the ignore list, which tells you I pretty much respect you and your opinions.

Still don't think it makes sense if they disagreed on the rebuilding plans because if Perez was favoring investing in the stadium and decided to change his opinion, the money he'll need to spend on 3-4 top class players will be far more than what he can pay with the overpricing of everyone in the current market, so if Zidane wanted a specific way and Perez couldn't, not sure why he'll expect it to change now, thus really can't see him returning. The guy is more clever than that. Madrid will probably try to get him again as he's tried and trusted, but him himself, not sure he'll favor it when he can get Juve job for example after Allegri leaves, which can be this summer.

Suedesi

Looking at Real is like looking at a mirror for a Bayern fan. They, like us, are a great side at the end of an era and while they have lost their key player (Cristiano may have had 1-2 good years in him), it is still obvious that there are too many players who are declining (Kroos, Marcelo, Benzema. At Bayern it is Ribery, Robben, Boateng, Müller, Neuer and Hummels) or who simply don't have the required standard (Casemiro, Reguilon. At Bayern it is Goretzka). Meanwhile the young ones are not yet fit to take over (Vinicius, Lucas V.... At Bayern it is Coman, Gnabry and arguably Süle). The whole team looks ordinary now because they are totally unbalanced. The same is true for us, we only profit from playing in a weaker league but I'm afraid the return leg against Liverpool will show that we are currently not able to compete on a top level. An interesting transfer window is coming up with a couple of the biggest clubs in Europe in desperate need to reshape.
Lucas V is 27 years old. Not even in Serie A would he be considered young.

JPRouve

Scout
No problem. You're still one of the posters I respect here. You're one of the few posters that I argued with and it didn't end in any personal insults that forced me to put on the ignore list, which tells you I pretty much respect you and your opinions.

Still don't think it makes sense if they disagreed on the rebuilding plans because if Perez was favoring investing in the stadium and decided to change his opinion, the money he'll need to spend on 3-4 top class players will be far more than what he can pay with the overpricing of everyone in the current market, so if Zidane wanted a specific way and Perez couldn't, not sure why he'll expect it to change now, thus really can't see him returning. The guy is more clever than that. Madrid will probably try to get him again as he's tried and trusted, but him himself, not sure he'll favor it when he can get Juve job for example after Allegri leaves, which can be this summer.
It makes sense but there are two things that could affect Perez. He probably talked to other coaches since Zidane departure and they may have asked for heavy investment too, also if the rumour is accurate Zidane and the general director wanted a revamp of the team, Perez was the only one against it and the debacle put him in a difficult position and could lead to the conclusion that he was wrong.
I'm obviously speculating but that type of scenario could see Perez try to get Zidane and listen to him and the rest of the board, particularly when the 2021 elections will come quickly.

el3mel

It makes sense but there are two things that could affect Perez. He probably talked to other coaches since Zidane departure and they may have asked for heavy investment too, also if the rumour is accurate Zidane and the general director wanted a revamp of the team, Perez was the only one against it and the debacle put him in a difficult position and could lead to the conclusion that he was wrong.
I'm obviously speculating but that type of scenario could see Perez try to get Zidane and listen to him and the rest of the board, particularly when the 2021 elections will come quickly.
Perez will try to get him, as he's tried and trusted already as I said. The point is I'm not sure Zidane himself will be the one wanting to risk it as he doesn't know if he'll get what he wants or not, and if not and it turned badly, it may hurt the legacy he left here. I think he'll think about it a little bit. The team needs loads of money and top class players are overpriced. Even if Madrid decided to pay this summer, not sure they'll get more than 1 or 2 class players, which won't be enough.

We'll see though. Only 3 months to the end of the season and there'll be more rumors about their managerial job now their season is actually dead.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

"We've just informed about Real Madrid officially announcing at 9pm that Solari leaves the club and Mourinho will come back instead"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Solari leaves and Mourinho comes in.

Amazing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Contract for this season and three more.
Telemadrid is getting good exclusives. Maybe the confirmation to Pedrerol / De la morena tonight

Judas

Open to offers
Fantastic news, no more links of our players going to Real, for a few years at least.

Genuinely can't wait to see what happens with him there to be honest, seems a baffling choice.

Abizzz

Sometimes I get the feeling that the powerful people in some huge clubs watch very little football outside of their own team.

AndyJ1985

Football is the only career I can think of where the same mistakes happen over and over and no one learns from them. Too much money and not enough sense

FujiVice

Hope he takes Zlatan with him. He'll have played for all the superclubs then.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Each "cousin of someone who works at Real Madrid" or journalist are saying something different. There are many who are not so sure about Mourinho inminent.
They say it's simply a possibility

joedirt87

Only thing that delayed the sacking of Solari in my mind was Perez getting egg all over his face for sacking 2 managers in one season (and obviously his desperate plea to get a big name manager in for replacement). Maybe we will get lucky and he will sack Mou before seasons end, a sacktrick.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I think the Mourinho rumour is a smokescreen and Real are really trying to bring Zidane back but i wonder why will he accept to return.. If he thought in May that he is not capable of doing the rebuild of this squad why to think otherwise in less than a year?!