Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How credible are the sources that are going with Mourinho to Real?

Bojan11

Are you basing this on fcukall?
No.

Why would we sign a 33 year old defender who can be very rash at times to play in the prem for big money? Would be stupid.

Ramos boat sailed a long time ago. When he was 29, I would have taken him under Van Gaal. But he used us for a contract so can piss off.

Suedesi

No.

Why would we sign a 33 year old defender who can be very rash at times to play in the prem for big money? Would be stupid.

Ramos boat sailed a long time ago. When he was 29, I would have taken him under Van Gaal. But he used us for a contract so can piss off.
He's 32 and much better than most defenders we've been linked out there (Toby A, Maguire), brings a ton of experience, and if it makes financial sense why not for a couple of years?

Rolaholic

I think the Mourinho rumour is a smokescreen and Real are really trying to bring Zidane back but i wonder why will he accept to return.. If he thought in May that he is not capable of doing the rebuild of this squad why to think otherwise in less than a year?!
There were reports in Spain yesterday that he's already turned them down and I don't know why he'd go back after getting out just in time

Why would he risk the chance to take some luster off his legacy when a club like Juve will have an opening and come calling in a few months?

Bojan11

He's 32 and much better than most defenders we've been linked out there (Toby A, Maguire), brings a ton of experience, and if it makes financial sense why not for a couple of years?
He’d be 33 in the summer, if we sign him smart arse.

He’s past his best. Have you not learnt your lesson from Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria and Sanchez.

We need more players approaching their prime not past their prime. We need to stop signing big players past their best because it hasn’t worked.

Rolaholic

How credible are the sources that are going with Mourinho to Real?
Gerard Romero, one of the more reputable and well connected journos in Spanish football, was parotting earlier reports in the Spanish media of Jose coming back earlier today.

It feels like there's been a brief in the media because English media have also started to jump on that bandwagon and are reporting on a potential return with everyone claiming that it's more than likely going to happen

Suedesi

He’d be 33 in the summer, if we sign him smart arse.

He’s past his best. Have you not learnt your lesson from Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria and Sanchez.

We need more players approaching their prime not past their prime. We need to stop signing big players past their best because it hasn’t worked.
Got it, so no Toby (31) or Koulibaly (28) for you on age considerations, correct?

I'd consider Ramos as a short-term solution, only if the financial numbers make sense.

Bojan11

Got it, so no Toby (31) or Koulibaly (28) for you on age considerations, correct?

I'd consider Ramos as a short-term solution, only if the financial numbers make sense.
The financial numbers won’t make sense considering what he’s on at Madrid.

What you mean no Koulibaly? He’s five years younger man.

We don’t need short term fixes. We need to look at the next five years and I’d take Koulibaly ahead of Ramos easily currently.

joedirt87

I would take Sergio Ramos for a season or two, if he puts in a transfer request and they let him go for cheap.

Maybe he will join Juve and be part of that old Madrid guard over there

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Florentino wants Zidane but the board are trying to convince him to bring Mou.
Solari is sentenced but will be the coach against Valladolid.

Up until now they have not called Mendes to talk about Mourinho, despite his desire to return to Madrid

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Two options for Real: sack Solari now and replace him with Mourinho or stick with him and wait for Zidane.

@carvajal maybe you could translate it for me.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Reliable sources saying Solari will still be manager vs Valladolid on Sunday.

I think if they win that they’ll stick with him until the end of the season

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Two options for Real: sack Solari now and replace him with Mourinho or stick with him and wait for Zidane.

@carvajal maybe you could translate it for me.
You translated it well. Literally "Madrid have two options right now, that Solari continues, or that Mourinho will come. Solari will be in Valladolid. The other option, Zidane, thinks about it, but rules out coming now"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You translated it well. Literally "Madrid have two options right now, that Solari continues, or that Mourinho will come. Solari will be in Valladolid. The other option, Zidane, thinks about it, but rules out coming now"

Okay thanks mate.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Zidane quit, why would he go back less than a year later?
Because he loves the club and probably has a great relationship with the board.

He left because he knew Florentino didn't want to affront of rebuilding a team that won 4UCL, Zidane predicted this would happen and allegedly now the first condition he asks Florentino for his return is to shake up that squad this summer, major overhaul. It would be impossible for him to do that the past summer, but it's an option now.

ti vu

Watch RM play out of their skins to keep Jose from coming back.
Then we'll have 2019-2020 of this thread with Solari still at helm. The squad need a shake up, and a new head coach. Solari and his predecessor are out of depth.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/real...support-as-mourinho-emerges-as-target-sources

So RM want to sack Solari but don't have anyone easy to replace him with. Only 12 league games left this season and they've got nothing to play for except top 4, and they're 6 points clear of 5th at the moment.

Mourinho is the only available candidate right now...

Question I have is why make a long term decision now when there are only 12 games left to play, unless they think they're dropping out of the top 4? Sounds to me like a rift between Ramos (+Others?) and Perez as well. I think they'll get a different interim coach or keep Solari ultimately for the 12 games.

They can then make a decision in the summer when they will have a big choice of coaches available and can also conduct transfer business to refresh the squad at the same time. Can't see Mourinho getting the nod, although stranger things have happened.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/real...support-as-mourinho-emerges-as-target-sources

So RM want to sack Solari but don't have anyone easy to replace him with. Only 12 league games left this season and they've got nothing to play for except top 4, and they're 6 points clear of 5th at the moment.

Mourinho is the only available candidate right now...

Question I have is why make a long term decision now when there are only 12 games left to play, unless they think they're dropping out of the top 4? Sounds to me like a rift between Ramos (+Others?) and Perez as well. I think they'll get a different interim coach or keep Solari ultimately for the 12 games.

They can then make a decision in the summer when they will have a big choice of coaches available and can also conduct transfer business to refresh the squad at the same time. Can't see Mourinho getting the nod, although stranger things have happened.
What I was saying yesterday. It makes no sense of make a long term decision now. The season is over and they're safeks in the top four. Imagine they appoint Mourinho now and Poch in the summer says his time is up?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
It must be depressing for Solari to stay there three more months knowing the president, the players and the fans want him gone.

A new manager coming in now would have the players fighting for their spots and they’d at least attempt to end the season on a positive note and have something to build on next year rather than keep the depressing state they’re in.

Bojan11

It must be depressing for Solari to stay there three more months knowing the president, the players and the fans want him gone.

A new manager coming in now would have the players fighting for their spots and they’d at least attempt to end the season on a positive note and have something to build on next year rather than keep the depressing state they’re in.
It’s not even his fault.

He’s the fall guy from Perez. When two managers come in during a season and can’t get the best out of the players then the club has issues. They had big issues last year in the league which were overlooked by the champions league success. All they did in the summer to address that was put the squad in worse shape.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I would normally enjoy RM having a bit of a slump, but that normally means Barca being on the up, and I can't stand those fecks.

Real Madrid atleast acknowledge that they are utter twats and revel in it. Barca with their whole holier than thou shite is much more annoying.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It’s not even his fault.

He’s the fall guy from Perez. When two managers come in during a season and can’t get the best out of the players then the club has issues. They had big issues last year in the league which were overlooked by the champions league success. All they did in the summer to address that was put the squad in worse shape.
The biggest issue there has one name. Florentino Perez.

Cloud7

There were reports in Spain yesterday that he's already turned them down and I don't know why he'd go back after getting out just in time

Why would he risk the chance to take some luster off his legacy when a club like Juve will have an opening and come calling in a few months?
Everyone knows that Zidane was waiting for the United job. Now that Ole has it sewn up, Zidane is going to go back to Madrid and bide his time until the United job becomes available again :wenger:

Kapardin

I would normally enjoy RM having a bit of a slump, but that normally means Barca being on the up, and I can't stand those fecks.

Real Madrid atleast acknowledge that they are utter twats and revel in it. Barca with their whole holier than thou shite is much more annoying.
I have never had a dislike for Madrid. The only time they crossed us in recent years was over De Gea and even that was understandable to an extent (Spanish player, top keeper etc). All other times they have had no relevance to us. They even did us a favor by beating Liverpool last season.

I don't find their players as dislikeable as Barca's either. Likes of Alves (ex-Barca, but still a Barca guy), Suarez, even Pique whose immaturity is so annoying despite his United links. Messi acting like a quiet saint when he's anything but; atleast Ronaldo doesn't keep up a pretence of being humble. In contrast, I have grown to like Ramos after the Salah incident.:D

Given a choice, I'd have Real dominating every time over Barca. Least concerned about their successes or failures.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In the alleged Ramos-Florentino discussion, it is said that he told the captain "this happens because of many holidays"
Apparently this comes from the game against Girona:
It was played on Sunday morning.
Pedrerol said that the women of the players were waiting at the airport after the game, since they had Monday and Tuesday free.
That is to say, Madrid think that the players were willing to get out and were not focused on la liga.

About this Cadena Ser tweets a thread that explains that the Zidane already had to deal with this problem.
It relates how before the final in Kiev there were tense moments because the players did not want to sleep out an extra night.
In the end JAS(Madrid CEO) had to intervene.
About Ramos, on the cover Marca writes "Ramos guides the information that comes out of the locker room" which logically has increased the idea that he is the sneak.
In spite of everything I think that the relationship Florentino / Ramos / Zidane is much more cordial than is supposed

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They're getting overrun by Valladolid. Lucky to not be 2-0 down. Missed pen and VAR overruled a goal for offside.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Turned it around with 3 set pieces and Valladolid being wasteful.

I think Solari will stay until the end of the season now

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Ramos has been a busy boy with all those tweets today. Looks certain there was a massive dressing room bust up with the president after the Ajax game. So many players missing from the squad yesterday, was a strange one.

I think that result yesterday and coming back from such an awful first 20 minutes to win 4 1 will see RM in to the top 4 though, that is all they have to aim for now, and they may as well keep Solari for the remaining games?