Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Bale is screwed.

Zidane doesn't want him but nobody else will pay his wages.

It's got Woody written all over it hasn't it?

reddaz71

They will spend huge in the summer and can see them going all in for Pogba (yes Pogba), Hazard, Mbappe, while offloading Bale.

peridigm

They will spend huge in the summer and can see them going all in for Pogba (yes Pogba), Hazard, Mbappe, while offloading Bale.
No chance. I think they’ll get one of Hazard or Mbappe. They need a goal scorer. Pogba is not.

The Purley King

No chance. I think they’ll get one of Hazard or Mbappe. They need a goal scorer. Pogba is not.
Will Chelsea let Hazard go now they have a 2 window transfer ban? Will PSG let Mbappe go? highly highly doubtful, would need £300m to get Mbappe I think.
Pogba I can see being tempted, but he'll cost somewhere north of £150m as well.
They have other holes in the squad that need addressing, so I can't see them getting two galacticos in one summer.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think De Light could be a realistical signing for you guys, he's not 120+M expensive, he works to counter the De Jong signing, and I don't think he's bound to us, my pesimism makes me think that we can't work out a situation of 4 world class CB's + Todibo. The deal will fall through because 4 of our CB's would be worthy of starting minutes and the 5th choice needs to get playing time too.

A defense of Ramos, Varane, De Ligt and Nacho seems way easier to make it work.
you are right, there is too much competition for the position.
I do not know how you have so much money to spend.
We will have to see what his agent does. All those news in which he "chooses" Barcelona are not very good publicity.
In addition, It seems that Militao is done.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I know they couldn't care less about playing any more matches this season but Real Madrid failing to score a single goal over 90 minutes against a Rayo defence with Abdoulaye Ba as its "lynchpin" is amusing me greatly. :D

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Bale is screwed.

Zidane doesn't want him but nobody else will pay his wages.

It's got Woody written all over it hasn't it?
This is the typical United signing of recent times. Injury prone, will cost a fortune and will be on massive wages. That ship has sailed. No thanks.

red4ever 79

Real Madrid find themselves in a similar situation to Utd. Big club in world football, with a bunch of players who are clearly not good enough and need a major rebuild.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Real Madrid find themselves in a similar situation to Utd. Big club in world football, with a bunch of players who are clearly not good enough and need a major rebuild.
The difference being that you’d back Madrid to get it right at some point in the near future. United are a shambles from the very top down.

el3mel

It all depends on the summer market. Zidane was never the manager to do miracles with over the hill squad.

They're sign top players and spend huge to return or Zidane will be sacked by Christmas and his successor will also be sacked by the end of season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
they are so bad we might have beaten them in at least one leg of CL game...

JoaquinJoaquin

The difference being that you’d back Madrid to get it right at some point in the near future. United are a shambles from the very top down.
This. They'll be back on top within 3-4 years. We may never get back there unfortunately.

Luke1995

In hindsight, Luka Modric being voted the best player in the world in 2018 looks more and more ridiculous. He follows that up with the worst season of his career. His legs are gone, the desire is gone, he looks like he doesn't even want to be a Madrid player anymore. Some say he wasn't even the best Croatian player at the World Cup. Canavarro in 2006 was more deserving of the award.

Javi

If they excel in one thing it‘s showing a player the door it seems. Bale looks irreversibly isolated within the club.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Zidane looks anxious as feck. He knows his current squad is past-it or overrated.

Floren needs to produce another "2009 summer transfer window" or they are fecked. I can see Hazard improving what Kaka did at Madrid (most likeky they'll sign him), but I'm not sure who their "new" CR, Modric, Kroos, Bale and Benzema are supposed to be. Pogba is another probable option, but who's the next CR and Bale? Mbappé and Neymar? Good luck stealing them from QP$G...Griezmann their new Benzema? Can't see him betraying Atlético...

That said, it'd be hilarious if Floren partially dismantled Liverpool and Tottenham :D. Then again, he likes to drop names (and the press), because of pure ego and bravado, but he'll need at least 1 Billion for the next three transfer windows...That means another so-so year and then UCL candidates for 2021.

Last edited:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
In hindsight, Luka Modric being voted the best player in the world in 2018 looks more and more ridiculous.
Luka Modric was the best player in the world between January-July 2018, no one came close. It was the following 5 months where he was poor. But he thoroughly deserved the Ballon Dor.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Luka Modric was the best player in the world between January-July 2018, no one came close. It was the following 5 months where he was poor. But he thoroughly deserved the Ballon Dor.
He wasn't even one of the 3 best players in his own team... In February he got benched away to PSG in favour of a Lucas Vasquez-Kovacic-Casemiro-Asensio midfield.

He was playing at a much higher level in 2017 than in 2018.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He wasn't even one of the 3 best players in his own team... In February he got benched away to PSG in favour of a Lucas Vasquez-Kovacic-Casemiro-Asensio midfield.

He was playing at a much higher level in 2017 than in 2018.
Name 3 players who had a better 2018 than Modric.

Luke1995

I'm pretty sure KDB and Hazard played some amazing football, and Messi if you exclude the Argentina performances, was the same as always in Barça.

Luke1995

About Madrid, Zidane needs to be ruthless with the rebuilding. Some of these players gave him everything they had during 15-16-17-18 and persisting with them out of loyalty would be a mistake.

I'd go as far as to say that the only one who should be kept from these squads is Lucas Vasquez. Sell everybody else including Sergio Ramos. I'm pretty sure they have money to buy an entire new 11 anyway.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Zidane looks anxious as feck. He knows his current squad is past-it or overrated.

Floren needs to produce another "2009 summer transfer window" or they are fecked. I can see Hazard improving what Kaka did at Madrid (most likeky they'll sign him), but I'm not sure who their "new" CR, Modric, Kroos, Bale and Benzema are supposed to be. Pogba is another probable option, but who's the next CR and Bale? Mbappé and Neymar? Good luck stealing them from QP$G...Griezmann their new Benzema? Can't see him betraying Atlético...

That said, it'd be hilarious if Floren partially dismantled Liverpool and Tottenham :D. Then again, he likes to drop names (and the press), because of pure ego and bravado, but he'll need at least 1 Billion for the next three transfer windows...That means another so-so year and then UCL candidates for 2021.
They don't need 1 Billion. Their squad is still an excellent squad and most of their players would fit in any other squad in the world. They will make top dollar for most of their sales and reinvest their capital adding 2 or 3 funded transfers.

redshaw

Yes, a similar league points total to us too. Lucky for them they're third and we're sixth.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid players?

Ronaldo, Ramos and Marcelo.
For real madrid. But it's a world cup year and Modric was voted best player of that tournament as Croatia made the final

I agree that there were other players that could have won it. I disagree that Modric didn't deserve it. He was one of the 5-6 players that could have won, there was no clear standout among them

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane said just a few days ago that La Liga will be the most important trophy and main target for Real from now on :smirk:
Madrid-based media are in full flow with the campaign to "requalify" la liga for madridismo :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If it wasn't such a crap league they'd have been struggling for CL qualification, as it is though, there are like 10 points clear of 5th :lol:
Heh. We have roughly the same points as chelsea/spurs/united/arsenal at this point of the season, and we've basically been on holidays since march...

Heh. We have roughly the same points as chelsea/spurs/united/arsenal at this point of the season, and we've basically been on holidays since march...
So you agree with me.

It's ridiculous eh? And still you have like a 10 point margin to dropping out of CL places. Chelsea/Spurs/United/Arsenal on the other hand have all been at a huge risk of missing out on CL. Brilliant for Madrid that it's a 3 team league.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This Real Madrid team is not that bad. The Juventus / Ajax results should have put things more in to perspective. Perez didn't replace Ronaldo, Modric is getting on, Isco has had issues, Marcelo has declined, Bale has his injuries and has struggled for motivation. The whole team lost motivation after winning so much and losing Zidane. They are in transition, but in a good position to improve quickly.

They have a group of good young Spanish / South American players at the club. Kroos and Casemiro are both under 30. Perez has been clever, not wasting money on average panic signings. Already it's coming out that if Pogba wants to come he will have to take a big pay cut. They're targeting top quality players who they can get cheaper as contracts are running down. Very clever.

I believe they will sign Hazard and Eriksen this summer, maybe Fekir plus a couple of others, and will be much more competitive in La Liga next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So you agree with me.

It's ridiculous eh? And still you have like a 10 point margin to dropping out of CL places. Chelsea/Spurs/United/Arsenal on the other hand have all been at a huge risk of missing out on CL. Brilliant for Madrid that it's a 3 team league.
Oh yeah, definitely. That's the whole difference between the PL and the other top leagues right now

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It seems that the legendary contract with Adidas,with which we have been speculating for years, is about to become official.
120 million euros per year. I think we were now at 40 or 50 million a year.
Unfortunately it will bring an increase in prices, and the inevitable "now that they have money we can demand 200 million for Pogba" :D, but in any case, good news, to continue competing in conditions.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/05/08/5cd31988268e3ec5588b4568.html

On the other hand, on the radio they have said that Zidane wants Modric to continue, and I imagine that Modric also wants to continue.
There is also talk again about the signing of Neymar, in this case sending the poor James to PSG.

Last year I would have loved it, this year not so much

NoPace

Where are the every week Madrid watchers here on who will be leave and be a success? Curious to hear predictions on Ceballos, Llorente and Regulon if he goes on loan and those type of guys.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Where are the every week Madrid watchers here on who will be leave and be a success? Curious to hear predictions on Ceballos, Llorente and Regulon if he goes on loan and those type of guys.
I think Reguilón will go to Germany to return next year. A loan to learn and improve.

In the case of Ceballos and Llorente, I think they are not going to return and my prediction will depend on their destination.

I think Ceballos should look for a coach that really loves him, and explain his role clearly.
Choose well the team even if it is not the most colorful.
The same for Llorente. I think that his family setting, has too high expectations.
I do not know if a transfer to the Premier without having continuity is the best idea.
I think a couple of years of many minutes in a mid-level la liga team would be his best option.
About the other players I think Valverde stays, the club and Zidane are very happy with him and they want to renew him.
It seems that Brahim could stay too

NoPace

I think Reguilón will go to Germany to return next year. A loan to learn and improve.

In the case of Ceballos and Llorente, I think they are not going to return and my prediction will depend on their destination.

I think Ceballos should look for a coach that really loves him, and explain his role clearly.
Choose well the team even if it is not the most colorful.
The same for Llorente. I think that his family setting, has too high expectations.
I do not know if a transfer to the Premier without having continuity is the best idea.
I think a couple of years of many minutes in a mid-level la liga team would be his best option.
About the other players I think Valverde stays, the club and Zidane are very happy with him and they want to renew him.
It seems that Brahim could stay too
I look at Llorente and Ceballos and see two midfielder I'd like us to look very hard at. We've only gone for Herrera and Mata in terms of Spanish midfielders despite them being the best position group in the world and if Llorente ends up being in the Illaramendi/Bruno Soriano bracket and Ceballos hits his obvious potential as a dribbling central midfielder, it will be annoying if it's at Sevilla or Villarreal or Sociedad instead of here.