Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
News coming from Marca, Chiringuito, Cadena Ser all at the same time. Media was probably briefed.

Will be very interesting to see if he starts now or in the summer, how long he stays and if he gives a proper explanation as to why he left.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I feel it would be a mistake for him to go back. He can't top what he did, Barca have already bought good players and will be favorites again next year. He should just go to Juve to replace Allegri.

Trizy

Was hoping it would be Jose so he can sink them further AND save us money.

Zidane is going to fail spectacularly. Quote me on it.

Kapardin

Was hoping it would be Jose so he can sink them further AND save us money.

Zidane is going to fail spectacularly. Quote me on it.
Yeah, unless Real back him spectacularly in the market, even he can't polish a turd.

Penny for Mourinho's thoughts. Is Inter still on then?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Zidane will coach Madrid again.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I feel it would be a mistake for him to go back. He can't top what he did, Barca have already bought good players and will be favorites again next year. He should just go to Juve to replace Allegri.
I think Juve decided to stick will Allegri one more year. His contract ends in 2020.

They’ll probably get knocked out tomorrow but it’s the right decision imo

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
News coming from Marca, Chiringuito, Cadena Ser all at the same time. Media was probably briefed.

Will be very interesting to see if he starts now or in the summer, how long he stays and if he gives a proper explanation as to why he left.
He can´t because he would have to point Bale and the president. Until two days ago there was talk of Juventus, so they had to offer him a lot of freedom.

Judas

Open to offers
Guess we'll see what he's made of, because the squad needs work. I'm impressed he's going back in a way, because he won't be able to top his previous stint surely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He can´t because he would have to point Bale and the president. Until two days ago there was talk of Juventus, so they had to offer him a lot of freedom.
It's going to be interesting because if the rumors are correct then Zidane and board members took the club away from Perez.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This changes completely the exits. The departure of Marcelo is no longer a fact.
I think Isco is still on the line. Ceballos could also join and James' return is discarded.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The fans surely deserve a proper explanation as to what happened though. The press conference he gave announcing that he was leaving was obviously a load of bollocks.

Said he wasn’t the right manager to renew the squad and then he comes back a year later?

Whatever happened probably makes Florentino look like an idiot, there was definitely a lot that happened behind the scenes but it’s all been kept very quiet.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's going to be interesting because if the rumors are correct then Zidane and board members took the club away from Perez.
That subject is quite confusing. There are quite reliable sources saying it was J.A. Sanchez who wanted Mourinho and also conflicting versions in the Zidane-Florentino relationship.
Some say it is almost familiar and others say it was very damaged.
Today Diego Torres writes that they contacted Zidane but Florentino did not dare to call him.
A mix of pride and resentment.
Yes, it will be interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing the first names, to see if Zidane really has the command.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The fans surely deserve a proper explanation as to what happened though. The press conference he gave announcing that he was leaving was obviously a load of bollocks.

Said he wasn’t the right manager to renew the squad and then he comes back a year later?

Whatever happened probably makes Florentino look like an idiot, there was definitely a lot that happened behind the scenes but it’s all been kept very quiet.
He is not the only one that should give a proper explanation... ;)

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
According to the press Solari has said goodbye to the team and Zidane will start training tomorrow. Announcement in a few hours.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Don't think he'll agree only to take a 3 month job.
He might due to his relationship with Perez. I'll be very surprised if Zidane is coming back permanently. Wouldn't make any sense?

The rebuilding next season is going to be massive and I can't see why he'd want to do it given what he already achieved there. Maybe watching the first 20 minutes last night :lol:, convinced him to come back?

Trizy

How would Mourinho being appointed manager at Madrid save us money?
It's to do us paying off Jose. We don't do it all in the one sum it's spread out over X number payments. They payments stop (or are reduced not sure how it works) should he find employment.

MadMike

But what happened? He left after disagreements with Florentino. Did the latter get down on his knees and beg? What concessions did he make to Zidane. I guess we'll never know.

MadMike

It's to do us paying off Jose. We don't do it all in the one sum it's spread out over X number payments. They payments stop (or are reduced not sure how it works) should he find employment.
He's a good CB, but Mike Smalling's knowledge of football contracts was never anything to write home about

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Zidane winning three CLs is as baffling as Di Matteo winning one. Him or Jose, both are taking the club down some depths.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
But what happened? He left after disagreements with Florentino. Did the latter get down on his knees and beg? What concessions did he make to Zidane. I guess we'll never know.
I guess we´ll know as soon as the rumors of signings, departures, or loans start.

midnightmare

I guess we´ll know as soon as the rumors of signings, departures, or loans start.
Don't think that will really tell us anything. Outlets will spin each rumour or actual signing / sale whichever way they want. Am still unconvinced about Flo giving a "blank check" to the manager though. The closest he ever came to something like this was when he fired Valdano in order to please Jose - and we know how that ended. It's a strange one. Maybe the Board just overruled Flo? Again, don't see how. He's got a vice-like grip on his position with the new qualification criteria so it's just very odd. Don't buy the "Flo and Zizou don't get along at all" story - as if that were true, I don't think Zizou would be back.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think that will really tell us anything. Outlets will spin each rumour or actual signing / sale whichever way they want. Am still unconvinced about Flo giving a "blank check" to the manager though. The closest he ever came to something like this was when he fired Valdano in order to please Jose - and we know how that ended. It's a strange one. Maybe the Board just overruled Flo? Again, don't see how. He's got a vice-like grip on his position with the new qualification criteria so it's just very odd. Don't buy the "Flo and Zizou don't get along at all" story - as if that were true, I don't think Zizou would be back.
I think if we see that there are signings of the club leaving before the preseason we could assume that he is being listened to, with a more active team in the market and not as slow as lately.
There are going to be many names, those from last year + those that he saw this sabbatical year. Be ready for Pogba and Rashford rumors.
Already to start Inda yesterday said that Casemiro or Marcelo could leave.
Not a blank check but probably very concrete decisions among several players.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This changes completely the exits. The departure of Marcelo is no longer a fact.
I think Isco is still on the line. Ceballos could also join and James' return is discarded.
Caravajal, what are your feelings about how many "top" new players you need this summer? For the first team AND as back up because only 11 top players don't win you stuff as you very well know from history.

I'll make a start: De Ligt, Hazard, Sancho, etc, etc.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Caravajal, what are your feelings about how many "top" new players you need this summer? For the first team AND as back up because only 11 top players don't win you stuff as you very well know from history.

I'll make a start: De Ligt, Hazard, Sancho, etc, etc.
When there were rumors of his signing for United I assumed that with freedom he would look for a more physical team.
I think in the list there will be one or two midfielders(one of them a defensive midfielder), a CB, a LB, or 2 CB, one being able to play in another position, 2 forwards(one of them able to play as a winger).
I imagine that Barcelona has an advantage with De Ligt so it will be difficult. Sancho is too expensive and maybe Zidane wants to escape a bit from that policy of super young players.

GBBQ

I guess it will settle once and for all how good a manager Zidane is. Rebuilding a team and not having a phenom like Ronaldo to rely on.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
He is a good coach and can doing good for them again. BUT at this point they need a good squad building and therefor good work in the position of the DoF. Dont know if this will be the case.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
When there were rumors of his signing for United I assumed that with freedom he would look for a more physical team.
I think in the list there will be one or two midfielders(one of them a defensive midfielder), a CB, a LB, or 2 CB, one being able to play in another position, 2 forwards(one of them able to play as a winger).
I imagine that Barcelona has an advantage with De Ligt so it will be difficult. Sancho is too expensive and maybe Zidane wants to escape a bit from that policy of super young players.
I think De Light could be a realistical signing for you guys, he's not 120+M expensive, he works to counter the De Jong signing, and I don't think he's bound to us, my pesimism makes me think that we can't work out a situation of 4 world class CB's + Todibo. The deal will fall through because 4 of our CB's would be worthy of starting minutes and the 5th choice needs to get playing time too.

A defense of Ramos, Varane, De Ligt and Nacho seems way easier to make it work.