Real Madrid v Liverpool | Champions League Final (May 26th, 2018)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My youtube stream was blimming dreadful for half that game, like worse than what people "tell" me that other streams are like! Think it's better now though.

Liverpool had the better of the first 20 as they often do, but that Salah injury seems to have totally taken their threat away.

Don't like to see a player get injured, but the greater good is them not winning! Hope they lose, and then Salah is healed and has a top world cup.

Treble

Liverpool are poor after Salah's injury. Hope Real are clinical in the second half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not watching or even listening to this after our play off final retreat earlier.

Just going by updates on this thread every 10 minutes.

I assume Ramos did this in a way not to make it obvious to the ref given he didn't get a yellow card? (Similar to Fredricks on Grealish).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I would love for Pool to lose, but not because Salah is hurt. Shit penalty? Fine. Offside goal? Shit happens. Beach ball out of fecking nowhere? Heck yes.

But not that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's dreadful. Awful commentator and an awful human being.
Agreed. Forever smeared for that disabled people are paying for previous sins nonsense.
He has the command of English that a second language speaker would be embarrassed by.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Dreadful game. Salah going off has killed everything. The movement, the anticipation, the crowd.
Ha ha ha! So funny.

Salah going off has just showed us that Liverpool are a one man team.

No wonder Young stifled him and we beat them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Think if Madrid score they'll bag a few very quickly after but they don't actually look like they've got an idea once Liverpool are all back in shape.

They'll keep pushing forward cause they really don't have to worry too much about the counter but still, you never know in a final what might happen so Liverpool aren't out of it yet.

Think it's crying out for Bale tbh.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah just a terribly unlucky landing. The shoulder opposite the one at Ramos hits the ground at some speed.
Yup but it was easily avoided and soething footballers need to learn is how to fall correctly, in most other sports players would know when falling you spread the impact and don't takee all that weight like that. I suppose there is a reason they don't learn it but I always found it weird. Pretty sure I saw Jesus (Gabriel not the lord) crying over a similar fall that could be avoided earlier in the season.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Salah broke his fast for the game and now he's injured.

Checkmate atheists.

(Am I a terrible person for saying this?)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
True, Salah should have rolled up his sleeves, performed some medical assistance on himself, had a word with himself about manning up and then carried on the fecking pussy. :rolleyes:
Yeah, either that or walk off the pitch with his held high whilst shouting encouragment to his team mates. The Liverpool players looked utterly dispondent after losing their talisman and star man and I think that was due to the manner of Salah's exit from the pitch.

He's a selfish prick.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not watching or even listening to this after our play off final retreat earlier.

Just going by updates on this thread every 10 minutes.

I assume Ramos did this in a way not to make it obvious to the ref given he didn't get a yellow card? (Similar to Fredricks on Grealish).
It was a mere grappling situation and ended up falling on him. Nothing really in it, and no question of a yellow.
Just unfortunate the angle and having a 14stone beast fall on a delicate stretched part of the body.

Fredricks was pure red card material. He just purposely stamped on Greaslish. I've not seen much of Grealish, and I don't want to add pain to your day, but I can imagine he gets a lot of players trying to smash him, both for the type of player he is, and for the clear arse he is.

redshaw

Liverpool looked pretty good for about 15-20 mins. Madrid had a nice spell of possession after that but nothing much to get excited about. The Navas save down to his right with the shot coming through a crowd of players was perhaps the most dangerous moment.

Madrid look on top since Salah has gone off. Lets hope they get the break through but Liverpool can be dangerous still on the counter.

Not keen on the stadium choice. Madrid sending back tickets was said by the commentators as well, I know Spanish fans are not known for travelling but overall it's not much of a spectacle.

With the Ramos Salah incident, initially Salah locked arms with Ramos and then later on in the tussle Ramos saw his chance probably. I find it silly to be locking arms with Ramos, I wouldn't trust him not to do the dirty or to make any fall easier.

Nick7

Yup but it was easily avoided and soething footballers need to learn is how to fall correctly, in most other sports players would know when falling you spread the impact and don't takee all that weight like that. I suppose there is a reason they don't learn it but I always found it weird. Pretty sure I saw Jesus (Gabriel not the lord) crying over a similar fall that could be avoided earlier in the season.
Yeah he led with his shoulder to the ground, he definitely should have pulled his movement to avoid his whole weight going down on his collarbone.

jrsenior

Five pages of posters feeling bad for Salah......Injuries are a part of the game. Liverpool have been extremely lucky with injuries the whole season. No sympathy from me.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This was a terrible half of football. We wouldn't be any worse than this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"Tears flowed not just from Mo Salah but football fans EVERYWHERE"

Feck off Lineker! :houllier:
Yeah, not a great deal of tears from us lot. A shame for the lad, but compared to the scenes of them winning it, unfortunately he is collateral damage.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wtf? The ignorance of this post. You do know hes crying because he knows he might not go to the biggest tournament of his career, that too in peak form?

How you can compare getting a yellow card, something you've received for a foul of your own, to missing a fecking WC.
Oh shut up you tool.

Spirit of Solskjaer

Five pages of posters feeling bad for Salah......Injuries are a part of the game. Liverpool have been extremely lucky with injuries the whole season. No sympathy from me.
I feel bad for Salah as a person, but yes, the fact that him getting injured is such a big deal just shows why Liverpool never deserved to get this far in the first place. One man team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right, second half. Real need to majorly step this up, as Salah or no Salah it's still massively delicately poised.

See you in 45.

Mercurial

Wonder how this will play after halftime. Klopp I bet is giving the speech of his life right now.

Drawfull

My youtube stream was blimming dreadful for half that game, like worse than what people "tell" me that other streams are like! Think it's better now though.

Liverpool had the better of the first 20 as they often do, but that Salah injury seems to have totally taken their threat away.

Don't like to see a player get injured, but the greater good is them not winning! Hope they lose, and then Salah is healed and has a top world cup.
If you're watching the BT one, turn off the live chat sidebar. It's fecking it up.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Real have been rather poor to be honest.

Liverpool looked the better team when Salah was on the pitch, even though he didn’t do much himself.

Much more confident now that Real will go on to win it now with Salah off the field.