Realistic Summer 2017: Ins & Outs

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I only expect Rooney to leave and maybe Young/Darmian (though they've been playing in recent weeks)

I suspect most of our outs where done in January

The red panther

princess transfer emo
You realize that your list of players coming in would cost in excess of 400 million euros

Semedo 45-50 million Euros
Manolas 60-65 million Euros
Fabinho 35-40 million Euros
Lukaku 90 million Euros
Griezmann 100-110 million Euros
B. Silva 70 million Euros.

Total 400-425 million Euros

Sounds realistic to me.
Your imaginary price tags are way off

Griezmann seems like the only correct one on that list to me

However it would cost us more than 300 million euros that is for sure which is like 250 million pounds.

I don't know if that is realistic or not but I don't think it is impossible. You also have to account for the fact that we sold Depay and Schneiderlin in the winter for which we got 48 million euros. We have also let go of a big salary with Schweinsteiger, in my example we would also let go of Rooney and Zlatan who are on massive wages (we are talking about more than 30 million euros a year in salaries) and I would be selling 4 players (Darmian, Jones, Young and Januzaj) who I think could still net us about 30-40 million euros in total. So spending that amount on 6 new players, I don't know if it will happen but financially it is not impossible for the club to do that.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Maguire scored again yesterday, two in a row, feel he a must this summer.

Dimi on Goals on Sunday rating Arnautovic. Could he make a step up to a bigger club, Dimi seems to think so.

Gopher Brown

Dimi on Goals on Sunday rating Arnautovic. Could he make a step up to a bigger club, Dimi seems to think so.
Are Arnautovic and Maguire going to help us with the CL? Filling the squad with more mediocrity is exactly what we don't need.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I only expect Rooney to leave and maybe Young/Darmian (though they've been playing in recent weeks)

I suspect most of our outs where done in January
Fellaini will only have a year left and there was a lot of interest in Jan.
Also suspect one of the CBs is done for and also Blind too

Blind

Arnautovic is an odd one, if he could be bothered he'd be a 20 goal a season forward but he looks switched off in so many matches. Maybe it's seeing Charlie Adam in midfield that drains his morale.

charlenefan

With the 3 that's gone already, Rooney off as well if the 3 you mentioned go as well we'd need to make 7 signings in the summer for the squad to break even, just not going to happen

The squad isn't ready for us to cut adrift the dead wood, the players that leave will be those who want to leave (due to lack of playing time I suspect) which I imagine will be limited to Rooney and maybe Young and Darmian. I don't see any of the players you mentioned leaving

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
With the 3 that's gone already, Rooney off as well if the 3 you mentioned go as well we'd need to make 7 signings in the summer for the squad to break even, just not going to happen

The squad isn't ready for us to cut adrift the dead wood, the players that leave will be those who want to leave (due to lack of playing time I suspect) which I imagine will be limited to Rooney and maybe Young and Darmian. I don't see any of the players you mentioned leaving
We actually wouldn't as Jose said we had too many players in the first place. He doesn't like big squads. Also I think Pereira will be back next season anyway

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Are Arnautovic and Maguire going to help us with the CL? Filling the squad with more mediocrity is exactly what we don't need.
No to both, we already have enough mediocre players in the squad.
I think people forget that we are not in the champions league so a bit of a waste turning down players, squad players even, because of a competition we are not in.

First, we need to win the league. We need more quality and we need cover, this season you can see how a couple of injuries can completely unsettle a team.

I'm happy for everyone to write down their wish list of the top ten best under twenty talent. Ill leave that to you guys, what I'm focusing on (ha as if I am a scout) are decent, strong, talented players who could work very well domestically.

Personally Maguire looks good. Arnautovic I'm not convinced by but was asking for opinions here.

Mister_Stubbs

I think people forget that we are not in the champions league so a bit of a waste turning down players, squad players even, because of a competition we are not in.

First, we need to win the league. We need more quality and we need cover, this season you can see how a couple of injuries can completely unsettle a team.

I'm happy for everyone to write down their wish list of the top ten best under twenty talent. Ill leave that to you guys, what I'm focusing on (ha as if I am a scout) are decent, strong, talented players who could work very well domestically.

Personally Maguire looks good. Arnautovic I'm not convinced by but was asking for opinions here.
I still don't think players like Maguire or Arnautovic are what we need as a club trying to get back in to champions league. We have Tuanzebe and Williams who are both very talented defenders who I'd rather see given the chance rather than signing Maguire to sit on the bench.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

I still don't think players like Maguire or Arnautovic are what we need as a club trying to get back in to champions league. We have Tuanzebe and Williams who are both very talented defenders who I'd rather see given the chance rather than signing Maguire to sit on the bench.
That's a fair point, but if Tuanzebe is another Blackett or McNair then where does that leave us?

I don't rate Arnautovic but I'd take Maguire purely as Phil Jones is to unreliable.

Gopher Brown

Yes, but remember we aspire to be at Man City's level.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Does anyone rate Barkley here, for example in a three with Carrick/DMC/Fabinho & Pogba. Free up Pogba, allow him a freer role with Barkley as the B2B?

Mister_Stubbs

That's a fair point, but if Tuanzebe is another Blackett or McNair then where does that leave us?

I don't rate Arnautovic but I'd take Maguire purely as Phil Jones is to unreliable.
It would leave us where we are now, no worse off (if we don't sell any of our current defenders obviously). I think Axel rather than Ro-Shaun has a real chance to become a first team player but I think at this level it takes a strong manager to give an inexperienced centre back regular game time regardless of talent.

Does anyone rate Barkley here, for example in a three with Carrick/DMC/Fabinho & Pogba. Free up Pogba, allow him a freer role with Barkley as the B2B?
I'm a big fan of Barkley but I think he needs to play the role he is at Everton right now, behind the front man with the freedom to roam. If we sign Greizmann then they'd be no room for Barkley as I don't think he's as effective in a deeper midfield role.

RoyH1

Griezmann and Silva should be our priorities. Yes we need a central midfielder and left back and a centre half but we can cope without them. Griezmann and Silva are game changers.
This. Both are brilliant brilliant players at their peak and are at clubs that have a selling history. And I'd still a left back and central defender.

beingshe7don

Are you proposing we keep Ibra and sign Griezmann and Lukaku ? That alone would be about £170m
[2. Lukaku/ Icardi/ Andre Silva/ Belotti (All of them are pretty capable strikers although Lukaku is the only one that's PL proven, so I would rate that a little higher up but I would be happy to have either of them provided Zlatan leaves this summer. Apart from Zlatan, we don't really have a striker that could lead the line. Rashford maybe someone who could do the job in future. Rooney has been poor, slow and injured for majority of the season, so he cannot be relied upon to lead the line as well.)]

Zlatan cannot be relied upon either way. He's getting older and we've got way too many games to play as well. If we do decide to keep Zlatan, we would still need an inexpensive striker option to lead the line unless Rashford can prove otherwise in the remainder of the season.

beingshe7don

Why does everyone think Griezmann is nailed on? I am not disagreeing, it's a genuine question.

He could go anywhere in the world this summer. I can see someone like Real going all out for him.
Griezmann is definitely not nailed on to come to OT. I don't think any player at the moment is. But if there is a possibility of him leaving, he'll come to OT. I don't see him going to any other team. He's a fan favorite for the Athletico fans and would not betray them and go to Real. The chances of him remaining at Atletico is about 80%.

beingshe7don

Can some of you guys rate Isco? I think he's a terrific player to have in the team especially after watching him yesterday. With no first 11 Real players apart from Ramos, he did really well to bag the win. He's been in and out of the squad and he would be a terrific inexpensive signing. Real would probably want to get him out like they usually do (eg: Robben and Sneijder). He's had limited opportunities but he's scored 9 goals in 26 appearances in the league this season so far.

AllezLesDiables

Your imaginary price tags are way off

Griezmann seems like the only correct one on that list to me

However it would cost us more than 300 million euros that is for sure which is like 250 million pounds.

I don't know if that is realistic or not but I don't think it is impossible. You also have to account for the fact that we sold Depay and Schneiderlin in the winter for which we got 48 million euros. We have also let go of a big salary with Schweinsteiger, in my example we would also let go of Rooney and Zlatan who are on massive wages (we are talking about more than 30 million euros a year in salaries) and I would be selling 4 players (Darmian, Jones, Young and Januzaj) who I think could still net us about 30-40 million euros in total. So spending that amount on 6 new players, I don't know if it will happen but financially it is not impossible for the club to do that.
Actually I might be under the value

Semedo 35-40 million pounds
Manolas 50 million pounds
Fabinho 30 million pounds
Lukaku 70-75 million pounds
Griezmann 90 million pounds
B. Silva 60 million pounds

Total 335-345 million pounds

Let me know which figures you think are incorrect(they aren't)

charlenefan

Convinced even more that Mourinho will want both Young and Darmian to stay on, feel Rooney is now likely to be our only significant departure in the summer

salford_

if you think the club are spending anywhere near that amount, you are off your tree. Not in a billion yrs

SidRed

Can some of you guys rate Isco? I think he's a terrific player to have in the team especially after watching him yesterday. With no first 11 Real players apart from Ramos, he did really well to bag the win. He's been in and out of the squad and he would be a terrific inexpensive signing. Real would probably want to get him out like they usually do (eg: Robben and Sneijder). He's had limited opportunities but he's scored 9 goals in 26 appearances in the league this season so far.
Isco is obviously very good technically but having been a sub player for so long at Real it is hard to say if he has the mentality to play as a starting player.

Acole9

Outstanding

Maguire is not good enough for us, he's not a step up from Jones or Smalling. As for Arnautovic, he's just the Tesco value version of Ibrahimovic, can't ever see him moving to a top club, will just play for mid table sides.

beingshe7don

Isco is obviously very good technically but having been a sub player for so long at Real it is hard to say if he has the mentality to play as a starting player.
He started for Real in the last game and showed his winning mentality. I think he would be a good player to bring in to unlock defenses in tight situations when we are up against a West Brom for instance.

The red panther

princess transfer emo

Semedo 30 million pounds
Manolas 30 million pounds
Fabinho 25 million pounds
Lukaku 60 million pounds
Griezmann 85 million pounds
B. Silva 45 million pounds

Sounds about right to me which is 275 million pounds

Again I don't think all 6 will happen but seeing as we have spend 200m or more in last seasons it could happen, it is not financially impossible, espeically if we have some outgoing transfers and serious reduction of wages.

Like the transfer of Lukaku I think it could happen if Zlatan leaves, else it will not happen and it is probably going to be one of either Griezmann or B.Silva and probably not both.

charlenefan

Isn't Martial going to cost us €50m (if not more) if all goes according the plan? No way are you getting any of Monaco's attacking players for less than that

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Isn't Martial going to cost us €50m (if not more) if all goes according the plan? No way are you getting any of Monaco's attacking players for less than that
He was a deadlineday transfer and the move had the smell of desperation all over it. We seriously overpaid for Martial, was 36m pounds rising to 58m if certain achievements were met.

Not every player will cost us 60million pounds for here on out. Else will have indeed transfer windows of 2-3 players max and you can forget about any serious rebuilds ever happening again.

I'd say 45m is about right for Silva

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
De Gea, Darmian/Blind, Jones, Fellaini, Rooney and Zlatan will go.

I like Romero but not sure whether Jose would have him as #1 for good.
We'll probably buy a defender.
Then we'll buy a striker and a winger as well.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I.e. Who? I only recall us offering him to a Chinese club who turned him down

United Pro

Any regular Bundesliga watchers know about how Johannes Geis has been playing this season? I've heard Goretzka has been more impressive, but I've always preferred the way Geis plays.

Devil81

Arnautovic is an odd one, if he could be bothered he'd be a 20 goal a season forward but he looks switched off in so many matches. Maybe it's seeing Charlie Adam in midfield that drains his morale.
Yeah, Arnautovic is such a strange player. Good enough to tear the best defences apart, but lazy enough to vanish from a game and look totally disinterested.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
De Gea, Darmian/Blind, Jones, Fellaini, Rooney and Zlatan will go.

I like Romero but not sure whether Jose would have him as #1 for good.
We'll probably buy a defender.
Then we'll buy a striker and a winger as well.
That would be the departure of 6 or 7 players in the summer

Next to 3 departures we have already had (Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger)

That is about 9-10 players gone compared to what we had at the start of the season and you would only bring in 3-4 players to replace them ?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
That would be the departure of 6 or 7 players in the summer

Next to 3 departures we have already had (Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger)

That is about 9-10 players gone compared to what we had at the start of the season and you would only bring in 3-4 players to replace them ?
True. I guess we'll sign more than 3 players then, but I'm convinced that we're seeing off 4 or so players at least. Mourinho won't feck about, he's had a season to assess he'll tell a few players to pack their bags this Summer

ovoxo

Do people realistically see us getting Sanchez? I still think Griezmann is nailed on, irrespective of what has been said. He'll come in and play behind the striker but in tougher games he'll play off the left or right. I know some are asking for Griezmann and Sanchez, which would be brilliant but how likely is it Wenger would sell to Mourinho of all people? I think he'll move to Chelsea.

If Ibra leaves we'll need a striker. I know many want Rashford to play more, and yesterday seemed like a coming of age type of performance, so signing a striker such as Icardi, Belotti or Lukaku would limit his chances. Mbappe is destined for greatness, and would be fantastic but that would severely limit Rashford also, especially if we play 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 in tougher games.

So are people saying we need an experienced player but someone who's happy to play back up to Rashford, if he finds form consistently? Or a world class striker?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Can't see us getting any of the top PL lads. Lukaku, Alli, Sanchez, Kane, et al. will all command too high a fee. Likewise, Griezmann has said time and time again now that he's sick of being linked with a move and his future lies with Atletico, and I'm willing to believe him on that.

The only PL player we may have a chance at getting is van Dijk, and I'm not sure I'm particularly bothered about him.

Dante

Average bang
Do people realistically see us getting Sanchez? I still think Griezmann is nailed on, irrespective of what has been said. He'll come in and play behind the striker but in tougher games he'll play off the left or right. I know some are asking for Griezmann and Sanchez, which would be brilliant but how likely is it Wenger would sell to Mourinho of all people? I think he'll move to Chelsea.

If Ibra leaves we'll need a striker. I know many want Rashford to play more, and yesterday seemed like a coming of age type of performance, so signing a striker such as Icardi, Belotti or Lukaku would limit his chances. Mbappe is destined for greatness, and would be fantastic but that would severely limit Rashford also, especially if we play 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 in tougher games.

So are people saying we need an experienced player but someone who's happy to play back up to Rashford, if he finds form consistently? Or a world class striker?
Wenger won't be manager at the end of the season.

Z_Wolf

What's Serge Aurier's contract situation like? He had rejected an extension at some point due to scarce playing time but He's been playing a lot lately. He an excellent RB.