Reality-Monopoly Draft

NM

The worst case scenario for everyone else is that I choose a generally shite restriction that would benefit me, specifically. And then, there’s degrees of that. It comes down to the nature of the box. I could probably make sure that I land a better player than anyone else, but I won’t necessarily be able to land a world beater with everyone else ending up sheeped.
If you know the box in advance, there's a very good chance that is exactly what will happen.
:devil:

Not really different from what Skizzo played. It's just an added restriction.
:lol:
You know better than that. I propose renaming this from Monopoly draft to Edgar's Troll draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

It is completely different. I get my roll and decide I'll pick Maradona and nobody else can, so I rule that everyone must pick players who played for Argentinos Juniors (there's truckloads so can't call it an empty pool in most boxes).

Before the probability of getting fingers burned balanced it, now it's completely mental.

Enigma_87

You know who

It's different to Skizzo's. Chester will know his box and pick a player that qualifies for his box - basically giving him a free pick, while others would be pretty much screwed. It's different to Skizzo's in a sense that he had to drop a WC player himself.

Enigma_87

You know who
I had one covering all four and when I finally land Pat drops Pirlo.

Tough decision here:

- I have the R1 XI sorted bar GK
- I have a different frontline in mind than the one forced on me via Futre. Have 1/2 sorted.

Do I drop a quality starting WC player and risk it all going tits up at the back (but that delivers the other half up front)?

Or do I drop the first 1/2 which is currently a sub?
the latter to me obviously. You don't know where you will land and with unfinished squad with lot of crap boxes there is bigger chance it will blow in your face.

Enigma_87

You know who
It is completely different. I get my roll and decide I'll pick Maradona and nobody else can, so I rule that everyone must pick players who played for Argentinos Juniors (there's truckloads so can't call it an empty pool in most boxes).

Before the probability of getting fingers burned balanced it, now it's completely mental.
Absolutely free pick and 15 sheep. Especially so late in the drafting stage.

antohan

the latter to me obviously. You don't know where you will land and with unfinished squad with lot of crap boxes there is bigger chance it will blow in your face.
You are too reasonable. I want those other two chaps playing together!!!!!!

Tuppet

It really is not a rule. Just that people can use prizes without getting them cancelled. You still have lots of options and it's not really screwing you over badly.
Well its not my fault that Onenil chose me to use his card knowing (or forgetting) that I have a prize to cancel it out as well. And me getting screwed has nothing to do with it, if I was, would that have changed your mind ? Most importantly though, if you had just mentioned it before I would have picked other players. Anyway thats it from me. your draft, your rules etc.

Enigma_87

You know who
You are too reasonable. I want those other two chaps playing together!!!!!!
You can still upgrade with the other chap after round one. With Futre definitely being up top the one of those chaps will be on the bench either way. :)

antohan

You can still upgrade with the other chap after round one. With Futre definitely being up top the one of those chaps will be on the bench either way. :)
The problem is the striker that best suits Futre isn't the one that best suits his replacement. Before I could say "OK, leave the Futre-benched one for reinforcements". Problem here is I have to drop aka block the other 1/2 :(

Or I drop Förster, who looks so at home in his role :annoyed:

Enigma_87

You know who
The problem is the striker that best suits Futre isn't the one that best suits his replacement. Before I could say "OK, leave the Futre-benched one for reinforcements". Problem here is I have to drop aka block the other 1/2 :(

Or I drop Förster, who looks so at home in his role :annoyed:
Didn't you mentioned that you have 3-4 boxes from where you can pick him? That means there is about 5-6% landing on one of it till the end of the drafting considering also that you can move up to 12 places on the board.

If you drop Förster my take is that you'll have a bunch of nobodies to chose from at the CB position considering the quality left in most boxes.

How is your team looking so far?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Its not like he can choose his box. And once played all he can choose is the restriction criteria. If he lands in Non-Fergie or League 2 winner boxes for example, there only so much he can gain from. And that restriction applies to him as well.

Enigma_87

You know who
Its not like he can choose his box. And once played all he can choose is the restriction criteria. If he lands in Non-Fergie or League 2 winner boxes for example, there only so much he can gain from. And that restriction applies to him as well.
Most likely he'll be the only one in his box and he can pick a very good player whilst other get sheep.

Say Chester knows his roll in advance. It's box 2 and he's after Paul Mcgrath. He limits the pool to whoever played for St Patrick's Athletic. He can easily check those before him and after him in the picking order in which boxes could land which would mean him getting a top class CB, whilst the other have to pick youth St Patrick's Athletic player or going to the default pool with St Patrick's Athletic limitation since there are feck all players who played in the three top leagues for St Patrick's Athletic.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
In order to profit greatly from it, I would have to land in a box which allows me a great player who comes with a restriction that rules anyone else out.

I need a player nobody else can pick before me, who is an obvious boost to my team, and who comes with a restriction that fecks everyone else up.

Don’t know how likely that is.

Like I said above, it would be better for me, as I can land someone decent with more likelihood of success (but the more decent he is, the more likely it is that he isn’t Chinese or belonging to some obscure category or other) - but securing a sterling player with everyone else stuck with shite seems improbable. I’d have to land in an ideal box.

I can feck people over in the sense that I can secure a better pick than them - but that could mean landing a decent player (but in what position? does he actually improve my XI?) and forcing them to pick a no-mark (relatively). It could just as well mean that I land a decent player with several others doing the same.

Enigma_87

You know who
Very unlikely scenario which I'd not permit anyway. Player quality can be reduced, but no sheeps this draft.
It's very likely for him to pick the club. Either way even if he picks a relatively higher profile club most of the boxes are with very limited pool. Say he picks Aston Villa or even Milan - again will be 15 sheep especially for managers landing in boxes like 7, 20, 26, 14 not to mention boxes 3, 5, 12, 13, 18, 24 which voids the entire pool.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's very likely for him to pick the club. Either way even if he picks a relatively higher profile club most of the boxes are with very limited pool. Say he picks Aston Villa or even Milan - again will be 15 sheep especially for managers landing in boxes like 7, 20, 26, 14 not to mention boxes 3, 5, 12, 13, 18, 24 which voids the entire pool.
I'd still have to pick a player who boosts my own team significantly. And I already have 12 players.

The question is how radical the difference is between "boosting my own team plus fecking up others" and "fecking up others".

The latter I can do anyway. If I don't care about how the card affects my own pick, I can go Chinese.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The allocated box will determine the chosen criteria, and not the other way around.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If the club restriction means sheeps, i'll ask him to change. I'd be worried if anto had this card, but Chester is a different story.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well you play the card first, I tell you the box, you choose the criteria. You can't withdraw the card once played. If you play and roll to Box 1, tough luck.
Ah, yes. Of course.

This is too much wicked web weaving for me.

I need a drink.

Anyway, do as you please.

But since we're in the Machiavellian mode - will you actually force me to play the card? And if I don't, what will you do?

Enigma_87

You know who
If the club restriction means sheeps, i'll ask him to change. I'd be worried if anto had this card, but Chester is a different story.
If he chooses manager criteria it voids probably 90% of the boxes and would create even more sheep.

You need to check 15 managers boxes then go back and forth with Chester on his criteria and there still might be sheep which is too much work if you ask me.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'd still have to pick a player who boosts my own team significantly. And I already have 12 players.

The question is how radical the difference is between "boosting my own team plus fecking up others" and "fecking up others".

The latter I can do anyway. If I don't care about how the card affects my own pick, I can go Chinese.
If you know your box it's easy choice - you would know whether you can upgrade a certain position or not. If not you'd probably go St Patrick's Athletic.

This is why knowing your box gives you enormous leverage in that decision. If you don't it's more likely to go with a more common option like - French, English etc, while if your box doesn't give you positional upgrade you can go Chinese.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If he chooses manager criteria it voids probably 90% of the boxes and would create even more sheep.

You need to check 15 managers boxes then go back and forth with Chester on his criteria and there still might be sheep which is too much work if you ask me.
The possibility of a go-slow action here seems very real.

If I go full cnut on the category, we could have 15 x 8 hrs to deal with if you feckers get organized.

That amounts to five days of waiting.

Like I said, the reasonable compromise is to leave it up to the card holder whether he wants to play it or not (under the original conditions).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
But since we're in the Machiavellian mode - will you actually force me to play the card? And if I don't, what will you do?
I'll play that card myself, pick a restriction....which only applies to you. :devil:

Just kidding, You don't have to if you don't wish to.

If you know your box it's easy choice - you would know whether you can upgrade a certain position or not. If not you'd probably go St Patrick's Athletic.

This is why knowing your box gives you enormous leverage in that decision. If you don't it's more likely to go with a more common option like - French, English etc, while if your box doesn't give you positional upgrade you can go Chinese.
As I said, I'll look at the boxes and if we are down to sheep caliber, I'll permit default pool with same restriction.

Moby

Dick

P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho (9) 2. D. De Gea (13) 3. Neymar (19) 4. DROPPED 5. A. Sanchez (26) 6. DROPPED 7. G Heinze 8. D. Alli (20) 9. B. Foulkes (3) 10. Bonucci 11. Effenberg (16) 12. M. van Bommel (26) 13. R. Pires (5)

harms - 1. DROPPED (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal 8. B. Robson (27) 9. V. Voronin (6) 10. DROPPED 11. A. Cabrini (23) 12. T. Müller (1->14) 13. R. Ayala (9)

Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. DROPPED 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. Suarez (14) 6. Van Hanegem (6) 7. A. Chivadze 8. DROPPED 9. S. Matthews (23) 10. Djalma Santos (6) 11. S. Busquets (14) 12. S. Kocsis (21) 13. D. Deschamps (26)

Onenil/ctp - 1. J. Bican (D) 2. DROPPED 3. G. Facchetti (25) 4. H. Stoichkov (4) 5. J. Bozsik (8) 6. J. Zanetti (12) 7. D. Walker 8. R. Rivellino 9. M. Neuer (23) 10. A. Vidal (25) 11. V. Vasovic (4) 12. B. Schuster (11) 13. D. Holcer (16)

Pat_Mustard - 1. R. Gullit (11) 2. A. Brehme (16) 3. DROPPED 4. P. McGrath (2) 5. Paco Gento (23) 6. DROPPED 7. Viv Anderson 8. S. Piola 9. C. Alberto (4) 10. I. Netto (6) 11.R. Benetti (16) 12. M. Tresor (23) 13. R. Kopa (1/16)

Skizzo - 1. Kaka 2. R. Dasayev 3. G. Souness 4. DROPPED 5. M. Buchan 6. R van Nistelrooy (18) 7. I. Helguera 8. D. Beckham 9. Z. Czibor (9) 10. T. Zarra (13) 11. S. Marzolini 12. G. Popescu 13. Pepe (2)

mazhar13 - 1. D. Law (4) 2. U. Seeler (11) 3. P. Nedvěd (16) 4. DROPPED 5. DROPPED 6. P. Vieira (2) 7. S. Jardine 8. K.-H. Schnellinger (10) 9. G. Buffon (16) 10. D. Irwin (18) 11. Didi (25) 12. W. Schulz (19) 13. Joaquin (7)

2mufc0 - 1. DROPPED 2. E. Davids (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. DROPPED 6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni 8. Gerson (23) 9. P. Evra (2) 10. Janes (8) 11. A. Hansen (16) 12. G Lato (27) 13. R. Mahrez (7)

prath92 - 1. M. Ballack (4) 2. T. Henry (10) 3. DROPPED (16) 4. C. Tevez (18) 5. DROPPED (16) 6. P. Montero (4) 7. W. Gallas 8. R. Carlos (9) 9. J. S. Veron (16) 10. M. Essien (26) 11. F. Collovati 12. E. Van der Sar (17) 13. F. Totti (23)

Chesterlestreet - 1. J. Masopust (6) 2. R. Baraja (13) 3. E. Cantona (18) 4. DROPPED (1) 5. J-P. Papin (1) 6. T. Finney (16) 7. D. Hamann 8. H. Chumpitaz (21) 9. G. Hagi (28) 10. R. Byrne (3) 11. C. Panucci (9) 12. G. Pallister (18) 13. R. Clemence (24)

Oaencha - 1. A. Del Piero 2. R. Lewandowski 3. S. Gerrard 4. DROPPED 5. S. Campbell 6. O. Dembele 7. Nelinho 8. X. Alonso 9. P. Schmeichel 10. G. Chiellini 11. DROPPED 12. D. Silva 13. Raúl

Moby - 1. D. Drogba (7) 2. DROPPED 3. A.Robben (17) 4. N. Vidic (14) 5. M. Sindelar (22) 6. R. Keane (10) 7. Sanchis 8. J. C. Valerón (13) 9. M. Tardelli (21) 10. N. Santos (27) 11. W. Suurbier (9) 12. J. Nasazzi (16) 13. D. Zoff (21)

RedTiger - 1. Seedorf 2. Batistuta 3. J. Stam 4. DROPPED 5. F. Redondo 6. C. Gentile 7. Futre 8. L. Enrique 9. J. Tigana (28) 10. Handanovic 11. DROPPED 12. T. Helveg 13. S. Pearce

NM - 1. D. Edwards (3) 2. P. Scholes (12) 3. DROPPED (17) 4. John Charles (24) 5. Dani Alves (1) 6. Cannavaro (4) 7. van Bronckhorst (Bonus) 8. K.H. Förster (11) 9. F. Ribery (14) 10. Sane (20) 11. Hamrin (25) 12. Diego Lopez (7)

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. DROPPED 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. DROPPED (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21) 7. J. Capdevila 8. J. Kohler (25) 9. A. Stepney (3) 10. D. Villa (5) 11. R. Rensenbrink (16) 12. Gerets (27)

Ecstatic/MDFC - 1. M. Laudrup (5) 2. Xavi (10) 3. O. Varela (19) 4. DROPPED 5. G. Bailey (1) 6. A. Shevchenko (19) 7. M. Reiziger 8. R. Krol (25) 9. Jairzinho (4) 10. L.Kubala (9) 11. D. Godin (14) 12. Conti (16)

Block list: Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

Dropped list: Frank Rijkaard, Samuel Eto'o, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Laurent Blanc, Philipp Lahm, Paul Breitner, Pietro Vierchowod, Giuseppe Bergomi, Kopke, Bixente Lizarazu, Jimmy Greaves, Mats Hummels, Alessandro Nesta, Oscar Ruggeri, Carles Puyol, Victor Valdes, A. Iniesta, Nobby Stiles, Cafu, P.Shilton, A. Cole, R. Donadoni, J. Mascherano, José Santamaría, Thiago Silva, Andrea Pirlo, Albiston

@NM

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah - that's about it.

But everything else notwithstanding, I maintain that it's still not a huge benefit in terms of gaining an edge over my rivals. Not now - with most players picked.

I land in a box with a positional first XI upgrade (statistically...what? How likely?) or I just basically feck everybody (more or less) and gain a useful sub.

Oaencha

What are you lot blabbing about for the last couple of pages, I'm lost.
I wasn't a part of it but from what I read Chester isn't happy with his jackpot card, EAG offered a compromise and everyone feels the compromise massively favours Chester.