Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
R* games have always been hit and miss for me. First RDR and Vice City are all time classics but I never felt the rest were as good as their praise suggests(San Andreas, GTAIV, GTAV) but I fecking love this game. Very rare I'll happily sit in front of a TV for hours playing a game these days but with this I will.

Andersons Dietician

Just tracked down that white Arabian, damn is it a pain in the ass. It’s puts up a massive fight and kept smashing me in to trees whilst I was trying to break it in, the the fecker runs off and because it’s pure white it just blends in with that snow. Best camouflage around.

Now to head back down south without running in to a pack of wolves. At least on my way up here when they attacked I got a perfect wolf coat out of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I really REALLY want to love Rockstar games. I buy all of them when they're released, but always get bored with them after a few hours. Sadly RDR2 is no different. It just can't hold my attention. I appreciate how beautiful and immersive the game is, but to me, it's just not fun. Which sucks, because it looks amazing.

meh.
That's a shame. I really can't understand that, there's so much to do you've barely even started the game after a few hours. I'm discovering new stuff daily still.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Imagine how fuming you'd be if he'd pummelled you to death and got away :lol:
Honestly, my heart was pumping 'cause my health was really low. I just don't take much notice of it sometimes. I was just mashing the pad like a fecking idiot when he was on top of me :lol:

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What is better, start with the legendary animals or focus on improving the satchel with Pearson?
Any particularly good area to find the puma?

Stactix

I really REALLY want to love Rockstar games. I buy all of them when they're released, but always get bored with them after a few hours. Sadly RDR2 is no different. It just can't hold my attention. I appreciate how beautiful and immersive the game is, but to me, it's just not fun. Which sucks, because it looks amazing.

meh.
Have you gotten to Chapter 2 yet?
I mean you just gotta give Lenny a chance, have a drink with him. :drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just tracked down that white Arabian, damn is it a pain in the ass. It’s puts up a massive fight and kept smashing me in to trees whilst I was trying to break it in, the the fecker runs off and because it’s pure white it just blends in with that snow. Best camouflage around.

Now to head back down south without running in to a pack of wolves. At least on my way up here when they attacked I got a perfect wolf coat out of it.
Done it last night. Took a few attempts. The bloody thing actually killed me. I calmed it down and went to get on it, and it decided to kick me in the head. Worth it though. Supposed to be very fast when you have a full bond with it.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
What is better, start with the legendary animals or focus on improving the satchel with Pearson?
Any particularly good area to find the puma?
before going near the satchel stuff you should at least get the legendary buck because it gives you a trinket that makes it more likely for you to get perfect pelts.

the legendary animals are generally easier to do but i've mostly done it by randomly wandering around and encountering them so far as opposed to hunting them down, but yeah, their trinkets do give some nice bonuses where as you don't really need the satchel upgrades early on at least.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
before going near the satchel stuff you should at least get the legendary buck because it gives you a trinket that makes it more likely for you to get perfect pelts.

the legendary animals are generally easier to do but i've mostly done it by randomly wandering around and encountering them so far as opposed to hunting them down, but yeah, their trinkets do give some nice bonuses where as you don't really need the satchel upgrades early on at least.
Thanks, I will do that. In fact I was recently there. There is a very nice lake, but I received the message that it could not be traced and I ended up getting into trouble before continuing with the hunt.

Andersons Dietician

Done it last night. Took a few attempts. The bloody thing actually killed me. I calmed it down and went to get on it, and it decided to kick me in the head. Worth it though. Supposed to be very fast when you have a full bond with it.
Yeah it managed to buck me off twice, luckily that was all and no near death experiences but it got tense on that final try. On the one I got him he had stuck himself in a tree like that video I posted where some guy was calming it down and then got struck by a moose and killed so I was on the look out.

Every other horse I’ve ever broken has been done within seconds but seemed worth it so far. Just stabled my war horse and have kitted out this one so time to bond and get in to some stuff.

How did you get on with roping prey animals? Normally I look at them through my binoculars and it’ll tell you if they are pristine. At the time I wrote that previous one I must just have been lucky and the ones I tried it on were pristine already. I have sort of just started using my long block rifle and head shots and it’s been ok so far. I am going to retry roping a bison later.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah it managed to buck me off twice, luckily that was all and no near death experiences but it got tense on that final try. On the one I got him he had stuck himself in a tree like that video I posted where some guy was calming it down and then got struck by a moose and killed so I was on the look out.

Every other horse I’ve ever broken has been done within seconds but seemed worth it so far. Just stabled my war horse and have kitted out this one so time to bond and get in to some stuff.

How did you get on with roping prey animals? Normally I look at them through my binoculars and it’ll tell you if they are pristine. At the time I wrote that previous one I must just have been lucky and the ones I tried it on were pristine already. I have sort of just started using my long block rifle and head shots and it’s been ok so far. I am going to retry roping a bison later.
I've done it with a deer and it worked fine. I haven't tried it with anything bigger, though. There was a Moose up where that Arabian horse was, but i used a sniper rifle on him and one shot killed him. I had a pristine pelt from that, so it worked out. Smaller animals i'll probably rope them in, but the more fearsome one's i'll probably stick to a rifle.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Have you gotten to Chapter 2 yet?
I mean you just gotta give Lenny a chance, have a drink with him. :drool:
Hehe , yeah that part was funny.

It's just the overal gunplay of Rockstar games and world building that doesnt appeal to me. It really annoys me because I love enjoying a game and this obviously is an amazing game, but just not for me if that makes sense.

infamous7

Has anyone done the Andrew bell side mission in st Denis

spent $50 on the stupid permit for the chair and didn't get shit back
?

On another note. I've got my honour up To about 65-70 percent. Enough that the butcher offers me a discount lol

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has anyone done the Andrew bell side mission in st Denis

spent $50 on the stupid permit for the chair and didn't get shit back
?

On another note. I've got my honour up To about 65-70 percent. Enough that the butcher offers me a discount lol
Im really struggling to get my honour up, is there any fast way to do it ?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've seen that bloke looking for Gavin twice now. Hope he finds him.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Stop committing crimes. Do the honourable thing in missions, donate money and say hello to every single person. Side missions help build it.
That's all I've been doing really.
I really do try my best but i just get carried away sometimes. Antagonising ncp's then punching/blowing their heads off just doesn't get old for me on this game.

Perhaps i just need to grow up. :lol:

Reddy Rederson

Finished the main story and I think that might just be the greatest game ever made. The story, the characters, the attention to detail it’s all absolutely fantastic. My only complaint is the clunky controls. Pulled me out of the immersion more than a few times. Apart from that, best game I’ve played in years.

Andersons Dietician

Has everyone solved the serial killer sidequest yet?

creepy little fecker, his kill dungeon/basement was lovely, so glad that to escape you get to throw a head at him. Once I had him hogtied I already had a pristine pelt on my horse so I ran with him on my shoulder to Valentine.
Was tempted to let him eat the sheriff.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Finished the main story and I think that might just be the greatest game ever made. The story, the characters, the attention to detail it’s all absolutely fantastic. My only complaint is the clunky controls. Pulled me out of the immersion more than a few times. Apart from that, best game I’ve played in years.
I'm in chapter 5 I think...

Tuberculosis... I doubt I'm going to survive to the end of the game, and if I do I'll be on my death bed

Dan

Can you continue playing the game after the main story?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am struck by the fact that in the saloon you can not go with a prostitute. I think the options are to reject and decline.
I can kidnap her, stab her, blow her head off or burn her alive but I can not see a tit :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I am struck by the fact that in the saloon you can not go with a prostitute. I think the options are to reject and decline.
I can kidnap her, stab her, blow her head off or burn her alive but I can not see a tit :lol:
Yeah it's weird not being able to bang women on this considering its a rockstar game :lol:

Andersons Dietician

See I thought the same where are the whore houses in this game? I presumed that later on there might be some and Valentine is a Whore house free zone but I’ve been a few places and still no way to turn prostitues in to hookers.

All the realism in the game and my man can’t seem to go and get his end away, I keep paying for bubble baths in the hope that one of the ladies will give him a happy ending then I can shame kill her.

ShinjiNinja26

I was able to get it pretty easily, at first I tried to lasso it but it drained my stamina right down and broke free but then I simply chased it down and simply walked up to it calming it down as I moved and hopped on the back of it, managed to break it in first time with no issue might have been luck though. The only thing I was worried about was the massive elk that seemed to guard the horse, it followed it wherever it went I kept thinking the fecking thing was going to charge me while I had my back to it. :lol:

Stactix

Yeah it's weird not being able to bang women on this considering its a rockstar game :lol:
Gone from my favourite game to my least favourite game. :lol:
It was like that in RDR, not a fecking clue why though when GTA has plenty..
Fine with massacres but not prossies in the Wild West!

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Gone from my favourite game to my least favourite game. :lol:
It was like that in RDR, not a fecking clue why though when GTA has plenty..
Fine with massacres but not prossies in the Wild West!
Well, John was dedicated to his wife so it was understandable in the first one.

ShinjiNinja26

Anyone else experiencing their hair tonic disappearing?? So annoying because I’m trying to grow Arthur’s beard fully it’s currently at 7 and the tonics the only way to grow it further when your past 6 but now I can’t find the tonic anywhere, looked in every part of my satchel and can’t buy more from the general store because I fully stocked up already and it just says there sold out. Infuriating!! :lol:

Jacob

I decided not to get distracted and focused on the story. Just finished it. Let's see if I can keep up the interest to do free roam still.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The ending made the whole journey worth it for me, more emotional than I’m used to from games I usually play :lol:

Glad I had positive honour for it too, made it all the more perfect.